Saturday, August 31, 2013

Chill Thread

44 comments:

  1. Here's how to create clickable links while we're on the blogspot site!

    1) Start with the basic link code:

    <a href=""></a>

    (IMPORTANT: There MUST be a space between "a" and "href".)

    2) Paste your link between the quotes, like this:

    <a href="http://i.imgur.com/z7GoU3U.jpg"></a>

    3) Write your descriptive text between the > and <, like this:

    <a href="http://i.imgur.com/z7GoU3U.jpg">Curious bunny</a>

    4) To help set the link apart from regular text, bold it with b tags, like this:

    <b><a href="http://i.imgur.com/z7GoU3U.jpg">Curious bunny</a></b>

    If done right, the result should look and act like this:

    Curious bunny

     

     

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pi Guy! I woulda reserved First for you tonight, but you beat me to it!
    Thanks a lot for that great .gif!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, realwest, and howdy!

      Ready to try creating a clickable link tonight? (Hint...hint...)

      Delete
    2. Not tonight my friend - aside from being really tired, even for me, I'm experiencing leg cramps -in my calf muscles - that are really painful and annoying as hell.
      Just can't concentrate I'm afraid.

      Delete
    3. OK, THIS TIME, but it's still on your homework list!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Howdy RR!! Hope you're doing well tonight!!?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks.

      It's designed to be worn to dinners...

      Delete
  5. OK Pi Guy here goes nothing (except maybe a photo you can use sometime)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well crap. I put in all that code shit and then put in
      http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HMk0ATTVeLc/UiI4iQ4C4LI/AAAAAAACaz4/MR-4VSkXwto/s1600/PDA+31a+%281%29.jpg
      and closed it the way you said.

      Shit.

      Delete
    2. Did you put a space between "a" and "href"?

      Delete
    3. The code should've read like this:

      <b><a href="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HMk0ATTVeLc/UiI4iQ4C4LI/AAAAAAACaz4/MR-4VSkXwto/s1600/PDA+31a+%281%29.jpg">Picture for Pi Guy</a></b>

      ...so it would come out like this:

      Picture for Pi Guy

      (Yes, I managed to type your link in.)

      Delete
    4. Yes, I did. I'm sorry Pi Guy but I hurt too much to type all that crap tonight. In fact TypePad said at first that I couldn't publish it without > after the last "a"

      Delete
    5. You tried tonight. We'll get you there one of these days.
      ;)

      Delete
    6. Thanks Pi Guy - I am sorry but I am having trouble concentrating tonight and for you typing that code is second nature to you, I just can't do it tonight.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. This is right on the money:

      "If President Bashar al-Assad emerges from a few days of Tomahawk missile barrages relatively unscathed, he will be able to claim that he faced down not only his domestic opponents but the United States, which he has charged is the secret hand behind the uprising.

      In the words of one recently departed senior adviser to Mr. Obama, “the worst outcome would be making Assad look stronger.”

      Delete
  7. From Ace:

    Hmmm, not surprising. The President does not care if Congress gives him approval to strike Syria, he's gonna do it anyway.

    A senior State Department official tells Fox News the president’s decision to take military action in Syria still stands, and will indeed be carried out, regardless of whether Congress votes next week to approve the use of such force.

    The official said that every major player on the National Security Council – including the commander-in-chief – was in accord last night on the need for military action, and that the president’s decision to seek a congressional debate and vote was a surprise to most if not all of them. However, the aide insisted the request for Congress to vote did not supplant the president’s earlier decision to use force in Syria, only delayed its implementation.


    Krauthammer is right. Amateur hour indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no caption for this photo:

    http://i.imgur.com/0QITlpi.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  9. The GOP should call his bluff and completely and totally embrace the idea of going to war with Syria. Vote for it.

    Watch the Dems squirm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since he's going to attack Syria regardless of Congressional support, I'd prefer to see him do it without GOP support.

      I do appreciate your thinking, however.

      Delete
    2. I don't think he has the stones in his sack.

      Delete
    3. No, I don't think so RR - this is too dangerous to play political games with - well for adults if not for Obama. Polls right now show something OVER 75% of Voters DO NOT WANT US INVOLVED IN SYRIA.

      This is about Obama's ego, pure and simple - there are NO VITAL US INTERESTS in Syria.

      Delete
    4. Realwest, I almost fell out of my chair when an NPR host was asked why we would go to war in Syria, and replied that it would protect our oil interests, and because of the possible domino effect.

      The host was totally sincere about these being positive reasons to go to war (while a Democrat is president)!

      Delete
  10. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    ---


    Columbus OFA Immigration Rally Fizzles; MAIG Rally ‘Becomes Pro-Gun Event’; Columbus Dispatch AWOL

    Filed under: 2nd Amendment,Activism,Immigration,MSM Biz/Other Bias,MSM Biz/Other Ignorance,Taxes & Government — Tom @ 2:21 pm

    On Thursday morning, the Columbus Dispatch’s Darrel Rowland reported (“Gun battle slated for high noon in downtown Columbus”) that “Mayors Against Illegal Guns is coming to Columbus on Friday for an event urging Sen. Rob Portman to support expanding background checks on gun purchases,” and that “guns rights groups are planning to make their voices heard, too.” There was no follow-up on what happened at the Michael Bloomberg-supported group’s rally; we’ll see why shortly.

    Organizing for Action, the group which exists solely to promote President Barack Obama’s agenda, also scheduled a rally to promote illegal-immigrant amnesty in Columbus on Friday. Intrepid center-right blogger Jesse Hathaway reported attendance (HT Twitchy) of perhaps a half-dozen. A search of the first couple of pages (here and here) of results on “immigration” at the Dispatch’s web site returned no relevant coverage (results were note sorted by date, but seemed to generally move backwards in time).

    Here’s what deliciously happened at the MAIG rally, as reported by Jim Heath at 10TV.com:

    Rally For Gun Background Checks Quickly Becomes Pro-Gun Event

    It was a rally organized by gun-control supporters, but by the end, it looked more like an NRA rally.

    (more…)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well all y'all I'm sorry but I gotta go now, try some stretching exercises and then try to sleep. I did a lot of walking (for me) up and down hills today in my new New Balance shoes - I love NB shoes, but I got the arch support inserts and they apparently stretched my calf muscles too much. I hurt.

    Anyway, I hope you have a great evening/early morning and that I get the chance to see you all later on down the road today.
    Good night, all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Satire piece about Obama forgiving student loans fools wishful thinkers

    Posted by Aleister G
    Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 3:30pm
     
    The parody news site The Daily Currant has fooled many people with its humorous news reports. A recent piece claimed Obama was going to forgive all student loan debt.

    Obama Announces Plan to Forgive All Student Loans

    President Obama announced a plan today to forgive 100 percent of all federal student loans in the country.

    In a speech in Scranton, PA the president told an assembled crowd that it was unfair to hold college graduates to promises they made as students and outlined his vision for ending all student loan payments by the end of the year.

    “Just because someone borrowed a bunch of money doesn’t mean they have to pay it back,” he explained to a friendly crowd at Scranton University. “This isn’t 19th century England. This is America. And in America we’ve always believed in second chances.

    “In today’s economy a university education is more important than ever. Where would successful people like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt or Mark Zuckerberg be without their college diplomas? These days skipping college just isn’t an option, but neither is continuing to pay for increasingly expensive tuition.

    “We need colleges to teach our young people useful skills like sociology, gender studies and postmodern Moldovan literary analysis. But the most important thing we need to teach them is responsibility. And what better way to teach responsibility than to hold these banks accountable for the terrible loans they’ve made.”


    As Twitchy now reports, many people wanted to believe that story was true.

    Read the original article:
    Obama Announces Plan to Forgive All Student Loans (The Daily Currant)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's incredible to think that back in P.T. Barnum's day, the rate of suckers born per minute was only ONE.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Time for me to head on out.

    Veni, Vidi, Velcro!

    Goodnight, all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't even read the thread, I loved the photo. The new coach from Nevada needs some better guys to protect their quarterback. He got sacked, a few times!
    We had a blast. We were supposed to be on the Nevada side of the Rose Bowl but it was deeply UCLA (my other team).
    xo

    ReplyDelete

By submitting your comments, you agree that you alone are responsible for their content. We reserve the right to remove comments we deem offensive or inappropriate, at our discretion. Disparaging remarks about other online communities, or their members, should be made elsewhere if you are so inclined. Finally, comments made below will be subject to public viewing.