Thursday, August 29, 2013

Temporary Chill Thread

127 comments:

  1. This First Spot is reserved for PBJ!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, kind sir! Sorry I'm a little late. We had a surprise visit from our daughter.

      Delete
    2. Hi PBJ!! No need to apologize - is she still with you? How is she doing?
      How are you doing and how's your hubby doing?!?

      And how do you like my new avatar - suit and tie I think!!!
      :)

      Delete
  2. And this second spot is reserved for Pi Guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy, realwest!

    I understand PBJ may have a new trick to show us when she gets here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope PBJ's new trick is how I can get my Avatar up on blogspot here, using FireFox.
      JCM gave me instructions but either I screwed up (most likely) or he didn't think I was using FireFox or TypePad or something!!!!

      Delete
    2. I think it's just getting her links to work.

      Let me see what I can uncover about changing your avatar on blogspot...

      Delete
    3. Well I hope its how to post a cartoon or photo out here!!

      Delete
    4. We'll see! Hi Pi, it's good to see you. Thanks for the nice gif up top!

      Delete
    5. 1) Click your name on any post here.

      Once you do that, you should see your profile.

      2) Click the "Edit profile" button in the upper right corner.

      Once you do that, you should see several options for changing profile information.

      3) Scroll down to "Profile Photo". If there's a "remove image" option, click it.

      From that point, blogspot should tell you how to go about uploading a new image.

      Delete
    6. I have to see what happened to my avatar. I thought I had it on some computer.

      Delete
  4. This is in honor of Desert Sage's son, who would have been 30 today. :-(
    Jukebox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {{{Desert Sage and son}}}

      On an upnote, congrats on getting the link to work, PBJ! And welcome!

      Delete
    2. Oh, My. Indeed, in honor of Sage's son. Such a sad,sad loss.
      {{{{Desert Sage}}}}

      Delete
    3. Thanks, I'm sure Sage would appreciate it.
      Thanks for your help, Pi, my eyes were not seeing that space. in the link.

      Delete
  5. hey, hey, haaaaaaaay!
    I'm like a bad penny, I show up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, outsidebadpenny!
      ;)

      We missed you in the Pub!

      Delete
    2. I missed you too! I teach on Thursday nights.
      Tomorrow night I'm 'inside philly' till midnight, so I won't be having my Pi 'fix'.
      Hope to see you on Saturday.

      Delete
  6. OK, I don't know how to post a link, but all y'all ought to go here:

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iFz_ZkTWH9Y/Uh-a-h5RvCI/AAAAAAAAL0I/b8d8N_t57Eo/s1600/Cartoon+-+Obama%27s+Kill+List.jpg

    Cause its both funny and sadly accurate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I could have followed that if it wasn't so late and I wasn't so tired!!

      :)

      Delete
    2. That step by step list is exactly how PBJ learned to do it (with a quick question in an e-mail), BTW.

      Delete
    3. Late response, but- He sure gets to make a LOT of check marks!!

      Delete
  7. aaaawww, just got a phone call I have to take......, it's my cousin who lives in Paradise, California, we have lots to talk about!

    I'm soooo sorry I can't stay and play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey friend, you're looking well tonight!

      So sorry for not staying to chat. My cousin is talking to me on the phone as I type this.....

      pssssst, I can't do two things at the same time.
      Ya know, like chewing gum and walking. this talking and typing is making me dizzy!

      see you all, hopefully, on Saturday!

      Delete
  8. Hi OutsidePhilly, it's good to see you here! We had our daughter stop by so I've not yet answered any emails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of e-mails - you have one!!

      Delete
  9. And this is an incredible photo - and since PBJ hasn't shared how to post links, y'all will have to copy and paste it into your addy bar:

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iFz_ZkTWH9Y/Uh-a-h5RvCI/AAAAAAAAL0I/b8d8N_t57Eo/s1600/Cartoon+-+Obama%27s+Kill+List.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the kill list again.

      Delete
    2. Ummmm...PBJ is posting links the same way I linked to earlier.

      It's not that tough once you get it down, right, PBJ?

      Delete
    3. Duh, sorry 'bout that:

      http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yuuMZmBVN3I/Uh-NtY61PXI/AAAAAAACao0/BZyrEJP9Vwo/s1600/PDA+29+%285%29.jpg

      Delete
    4. I got pretty fast at it when we used to be here. I'm sure my instructions were saved on some long-forgotten dead computer.

      Delete
    5. Why thank you {PBJ}!! I wouldn't have wanted to be that close, thankewverymuch!!

      Delete
  10. Obama is under control of the Shadows as can be told by their mission statement
    The Shadows believe that for a race to evolve into their full potential, they must do so through a cycle of chaos; growth through pain and struggle, conflict and war. Weak races die. Strong races are made even stronger. With this they developed their First Principles: chaos through warfare; evolution through bloodshed; perfection through victory.

    He is certainly bringing chaos, and quite likely, the next world war. I wonder if the Nobel Piss Prize Committee will take his prize back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Note that Kosh is the name of the only two we meet of the Shadows' enemies, the Vorlons The Vorlons believed in strength and growth through order and discipline, not chaos.
      So I ask, what would a Vorlon's Shadow be like?
      And I sit back in my encounter suit and watch the chaos....

      Delete
    2. Hi KS!! Hey, if you know Buzz's e-mail, you might want to send him one and tell him we're all here for the time being!!
      Hope you are well!!

      Delete
    3. Well, if I remember my B5 (and I usually do) correctly, a "Shadow of a Vorlon" was a small bit of the Vorlon spirit that the Vorlon had separated from his/herself and placed within the body of another person (A type of Vorlon covert intelligence gathering), which remained after the Vorlon in question had died.

      Delete
  11. Real, this is how Pi told me to do it:

    Here's the basic structure. You type the following:



    Next, you place your link in the quotes:



    Finally, you place your text inbetween the > and the <, like this:

    Here is my text!

    When you post it, it should look and act like this

    Here is my text!

    Bonus: You can bold it by using b tags, like this:

    Here is my text!

    That should look an act like this:

    Here is my text!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shoot, the important things didn't show up in the cut and paste.

      Delete
    2. You can't type > and < directly.
      You need to type &gt; and &lt;

      Delete
    3. Hey thanks for giving me the heads up about the temp site... :)

      Delete
    4. I'm glad you saw my post!!! Good evening, Dorian.

      Delete
  12. I really need to get more done tonight.... At the same time, we could all end up in WWIII or is that WWWV, started by our Nobel Peace Prize Winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sticking with "Piss" Prize, as per Kosh's post. LOL

      Delete
    2. It's World War III.

      You'll know when it's World War IV, because we'll all be fighting with sticks and stones.

      Delete
    3. Heh heh heh, I wrote a nice little rant off that Nobel peace prize angle this morning...

      How to win a Nobel Peace Prize.

      Delete
  13. I don't know if O.R. or turn or Buzz are on Facebook and now, for some damned reason, I can't access my contacts in windows mail.

    If any of y'all can e-mail them (and others I'm sure I've forgotten!!) and tell 'em we're over here for the time being, PLEASE DO SO!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody, can't remember whom, posted this afternoon that they had e-mailed OR and Buzz. Turn's the only one on Facebook but doesn't remember his log in. I think I can find his e-mail addy because I got a group e-mail from Revo that had him listed. Maybe I should try and find it.
      I told Lucius, Kosh, OSP, Dorian, Revo, and PBMB. We need to get Robomonkey, Beer Drinking Victory Monkey and Rex notified. Rex is on Facebook but I don't have him as a friend yet and he's not on the friends of C2 that I know of.

      BRB

      Delete
    2. You need to check your e-mails PBJ!! There's been some duplication,I think!!

      Delete
  14. Hey PBJ - its hard to get used to blogspot again, but I replied to you higher up this thread as follows:

    Hi PBJ!! No need to apologize - is she still with you? How is she doing?
    How are you doing and how's your hubby doing?!?

    And how do you like my new avatar - suit and tie I think!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is hard to get used to it. No, she left just after nine. She's doing pretty good and so are we, considering. My poor hubby couldn't sleep at all last night so he has already gone upstairs.

      The avatar is fine!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Very cute............and scary at the same time!!

      :)

      Delete
    2. LOL, Dorian.

      Yep...she's a princess who won't take anything from anybody. If they give her guff, it's lightning bolt time!

      My favorite combination of two costumes comes from a Halloween episode of Roseanne: The "Alfalfinator"! (Half Alfalfa from The Little Rascals and Half Terminator)

      Delete
    3. Pi guy,

      Gives an entirely new meaning to the feminist concept of "Empowering women" doesn't it... lol lol

      Delete
  16. Well all y'all its late here on the Right Coast and I've gotta get some sleep tonight - poor realmom's gotta dentist appt in the morning!!

    I hope you all have a great evening/early morning and that I get the chance to see you all later on down the road today!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @BreakingNews: Federal judge orders Department of Veteran Affairs to obey Supreme Court ruling on same-sex benefits - @NBCNews http://t.co/Dh0n3B9e2O">

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about that. It is not going to be extended to opposite sex domestic partnerships, however.

      Delete
  18. OK, I haven't found Turn's email yet. I do remember that I have Noam's and Dez' however. I might have a cell # for Turn but I have not called him before and I'm not going to do it this late at night.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry, folks, but I have to leave a little early myself. I have to get ready for Pi Mom's homecoming tomorrow! (She's been visiting Pi Sis for the past 2 weeks.)

    Veni, Vidi, Velcro!

    Goodnight, all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet dreams. Do you think you could send Fenway a tweet about this?

      Delete
    2. What's his e-mail address? Don't answer here. Just e-mail it to me.

      Delete
  20. OK, time for me to turn into a pumpkin for the night, see ya'll in the morning... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Replies
    1. Woot! Hi Rex, I'm glad somebody got the word to you!

      BRB, I have to e-mail Pi real quick.

      Delete
    2. Hi PBJ!

      Actually I googled C2 (don't tell RW) and found the backup site that way.

      Go figure.

      Delete
    3. Wonderful. This was always supposed to be our backup site in case the other one went down for any length of time. There is a site on Facebook called "Friends of C2" and that's how I found out. Bare posts there when we're having trouble. We'll have to get someone to invite you. I would but you're not yet my Facebook friend. Erik the Red started that site.

      Delete
    4. Bare was going to make the announcement that he was bringing things up to date and changing hosts at noon but the other people jumped the gun. He was hoping it would be up today but at the most one to two days, apparently.

      Delete
    5. I sent RW an email just to say hi in case he no longer has my addy.

      Delete
    6. He mentioned in an earlier e-mail that he thought he had your addy and maybe robomonkey's. Robomonkey's blog is on Fenways sidebar. I'll hit that after I hopefully find Fenway's contact info.

      Delete
  22. I am trying to find the "Contact Us" section on Fenway's Blog. Weird that it says I don't have a blogger account, otherwise I would just post a comment there to let him know where we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not finding any "contact us" section.

      Delete
    2. I just sent Fenway a direct message on Twitter, so he should ow as soon as he checks it.

      Delete
    3. Cool and thank you! I just made two posts at Robomonkey's blog but it looks like he hasn't been keeping it up to date. Hopefully he'll see the posts. I can post on Wordpress but I can't use the blogger thing at Fenway's....go figure.

      Delete
    4. Do we know how to let Callahan know?

      Delete
    5. I'm sure he saw the post in the Facebook friends of C2. Two weeks ago when Deb first had the trouble with Firefox, I posted over there and asked anyone with Firefox to test it. He did it almost immediately. He's my regular Facebook friend and I also have an e-mail for him.

      Delete
  23. The Haircut

    A teenage boy had just passed his driving test and inquired of his father as to when they could discuss his use of the car.His father said he'd make a deal with his son: 'You bring your grades up from a C to a B average, study your Bible, and get your hair cut. Then we'll talk about the car.' The boy thought about that for a moment, decided he'd settle for the offer, and they agreed on it.

    After about six weeks his father said, 'Son, you've brought your grades up and I've observed that you have been studying your Bible, but I'm disappointed you haven't had your hair cut. The boy said, 'You know, Dad, I've been thinking about that, and I've noticed in my studies of the Bible that Samson had long hair, John the Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair ~ and there's even strong evidence that Jesus had long hair.

    You're going to love the Dad's reply:

    'Did you also notice that they all walked everywhere they went?'

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cool, I just found out how to post via blogger on Fenway's blog. Go to "Not Another New England Sports Blog!" and highlight the URL, then come back here and go up to your dashboard. Add the URL to the blogs you want to see, viola! I told him where we are and my comment is awaiting moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Replies
    1. Nite {PBJ}. Thank you for being here all day contacting/informing us!

      Delete
  26. Good morning all y'all - Say, this IS the morning thread (continuation of last night's Chill Thread) right? Bare hasn't found us another place, has he?!?

    HELLO??........?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello? Anyone home out here?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of, BBIAM, have to start my morning coffee...

      Delete
    2. START your morning coffee? Hey, I thought you were working a real job these days! And its already 9:20AM where I am, which means, uh, hmmm, its about 6:20AM your time..........nevermind!

      Good morning Dorian!

      Delete
    3. Should I pass you a cup of the high test stuff??? ;)

      Delete
    4. Morning {real}, how are you this fine a.m?

      Morning C2!

      Delete
    5. Hi {{{gak}}} - sorry, I didn't see your greeting before because (HEY REVOBOB, this one's for you too!)I forgot to go back upthread!!

      Hope you're doing well today!
      I'm doing OK but have to leave soon and take realmom to the dentist!

      Delete
    6. That is ok, real. It's easy to miss 'add on' replies.

      Delete
  28. Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3
    Is this thing on?
    .
    (How original is THAT?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Revobob! That was very original (he says, having been reminded by Doriangrey that its EARLY out on the Left coast right now)!
      Hope you're doing well today!

      Delete
  29. Hey all y'all - I've heard from Robomonkey via e-mail and he's busy with work right now but hopes to drop by and say hello to us all later on today!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OK, so Turn and I swapped e-mails, hopefully he'll be along shortly...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Taking the day off, although I don't know why- It's going to be near 100 again today, no AC here at home. Could have sat in my excessively cool office instead...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Revobob - for as long as we're on Blogspot, y'all need to remember to occasionally go back up-thread to where folks may have replied to your earlier comments!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, go easy on me- I was still trying to figure C2 out, now I gotta learn this! Besides, I was off e-mailing OR and Turn.
      Can anyone post instructions for Turn to get around Google (it's blocked for him at work).

      Delete
    2. Oh dear... I sent Turn an email last night with a link here... From my Gmail account...

      Delete
  33. So, do posts update as soon as they're entered, or is there some equivalent to "Refresh Comments"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, the key to my memory banks is at the bottom of my coffee cup, haven't fished it out yet, can't remember... :O

      Delete
    2. and if the coffee is strong enough to do any good, the key will probably dissolve before you recover it...

      Delete
    3. Of course it will dissolve, how else is it going to get into my brain... silly revobob... ;p

      Delete
  34. Time to shave and eat some breakfast before I take my dogs in for lube, filter and oil change (The lady at the groomer got a kick out of that) BBL, Y'all play nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Well Hell, I've received a couple of e-mails from Robomonkey and he can't get on out here, not even using Type Pad which is easy as pie (except it won't accept my photo of my avatar)!!!!
    GAH.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Turn can't get on at work, so he asked that everyone have a good weekend. (Until he can get home and spoil it for us...) (He didn't really say that! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well it looks as if Robomonkey can't access blogspot C2 from work either.

    And I've got to get going now - hope that if Bare tells us he's got a new location for us, someone of you all will e-mail me with the new url!!

    Have a great day all y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Mornin' C2 morning thread now up top.

    ReplyDelete
  39. JCM, please post a link to the morning thread here. I don't see it up above...

    ReplyDelete

By submitting your comments, you agree that you alone are responsible for their content. We reserve the right to remove comments we deem offensive or inappropriate, at our discretion. Disparaging remarks about other online communities, or their members, should be made elsewhere if you are so inclined. Finally, comments made below will be subject to public viewing.