Monday, October 26, 2009

AFTER PUB: Halloween Edition - bring your drinks!


This coming Saturday is Halloween! C2 is celebrating all this week, by introducing after-pub posts with a fun, scary Halloween classic!

In this video, Bluto and Popeye battle to scare each other on Halloween. It's Fright To The Finish.




24 comments:

  1. OK -- time for this cowboy to hit the hay.

    Night all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I yam what I yam.

    Actually, I think Popeye was all about drug references. Spinach? No.
    Look, he'd often snort the stuff, and it would make him strong. Sounds more like cocaine to me.

    Wimpy probably smoked pot, since he always had the munchies. "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a reefer today."

    And Olive Oyl must have been on speed to be so skinny.

    Bluto, of course, used steroids.

    ///

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about Eugene the Jeep?

    The Sea Witch?

    Poopdeck Pappy?

    Peepeye?

    Pupeye?

    Poopeye?

    /

    ReplyDelete
  4. U.S. troops hope Afghanistan sacrifices not in vain

    While the Obama administration debates whether to send tens of thousands more U.S. troops to Afghanistan and Afghans prepare to vote for president for the second time in four months, some of those already braving rockets and bombs worry that their mission has lost the support of the U.S. public and that their sacrifices - and those of their fallen comrades - have been in vain.

    "What about the troops who died giving their lives for this mission?" Sgt. Coble asked as she waited for the rocket alert to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JCM, sad that the MSM drumbeat has reached our fighting men and women.

    I believe that almost everyone in the US supports our troops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OldLineTexan said...
    JCM, sad that the MSM drumbeat has reached our fighting men and women.

    I believe that almost everyone in the US supports our troops.


    Most do, I want a win in Afghanistan, McChrystal knows counter insurgency. Cut him loose.

    Next thing you know The Wee Won will be picking targets on Tuesday afternoon between holes......

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOP Candidate Scozzafava, Husband Have Ties to Union-Backed ACORN Front

    But on closer inspection, the bond isn't so strange. For one thing, Deidre "Dede" Scozzafava isn't a typical Republican. Despite her support for gun rights (she's received an endorsement from the National Rifle Association), she is a reliable supporter of Democratic initiatives. She supports cap-and-trade anti-global warming legislation, the $787 billion Obama stimulus plan, and state-sanctioned gay marriage. More to the point, she is a strong supporter of federal "card check" legislation that would force private-sector employers to recognize a union as the sole collective-bargaining agent if a union organizing drive at a given work site generates signatures indicating more than 50 percent of affected workers want to join. Even by moderate Republican standards, in other words, she's on the left.

    /no way she's a Republican, good thing she's losing ground quickly

    ReplyDelete
  8. CARD CHECK?

    REPUBLICAN?

    /can I say RINO now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time I see the graphic at the beginning of the thread, I think of the title sequence of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    The video, however, doesn't seem to be on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who need Rocky Horror?

    We have Obama Reality.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OldLineTexan said...

    Really.

    /why not just vote for the Democrat, what's the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Democrat is quite possibly more conservative.

    Imagine being the poor Dem running against this person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Engine Light came on in my Ford SUV today. The car seems to be running OK. The last time the light came on, I took it in to the dealer. All they did was make the light go off and charge me $175.

    It just flopped 75k miles.

    Having my doubts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OldLineTexan said...

    Who need Rocky Horror?

    We have Obama Reality.

    Kosh's Shadow says

    A while back, I had an idea for The Barack Horror Picture Show.

    This is a repost from the stuff I saved from the other place


    I see 0bama singing
    "It's beyond me. Help me mommy."
    And the rest of us singing
    "We've got to get out of this trap, before this socialism saps our wills.
    I've got to be strong, and try to hang on, or my mind may well snap
    And my life will be lived on the dole...."

    I have to think about this. It would make a nice parody, if somewhat black humor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kosh's Shadow said...

    I see 0bama singing
    "It's beyond me. Help me mommy."


    /Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good evening y'all - how is everyone doing this evening?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, can I kill a thread or what?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Billy Carter gas station may become historic site

    Looks like Billy Carter's gas station in Plains, Ga., is about to be recognized as a national historic landmark.

    If the U.S. House gives its OK this afternoon to HR 1471, the National Park Service site honoring President Jimmy Carter will be doubled to include the Billy Carter Service Station museum.

    Click here and here to read what's in the bill.

    Billy Carter, Jimmy Carter's brother, died in 1988.

    CQPolitics.com reports that the Congressional Budget Office expects that adding 30 more acres to the current Carter presidential site would cost about $17 million over five years.


    /[expletive deleted] this [expletive deleted], why do I have to pay for it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I've been away from C2 most of the day and don't know if this has been posted or not but:

    FACT CHECK: Health insurers' profits 35th of 53
    Oct 26 10:06 AM US/Eastern
    "WASHINGTON (AP) - In the health care debate, Democrats and their allies have gone after insurance companies as rapacious profiteers making "immoral" and "obscene" returns while "the bodies pile up."
    But in pillorying insurers over profits, the critics are on shaky ground. Ledgers tell a different reality.

    Health insurance profit margins typically run about 6 percent, give or take a point or two. That's anemic compared with other forms of insurance and a broad array of industries, even some beleaguered ones.

    Profits barely exceeded 2 percent of revenues in the latest annual measure. This partly explains why the credit ratings of some of the largest insurers were downgraded to negative from stable heading into this year, as investors were warned of a stagnant if not shrinking market for private plans.

    Insurers are an expedient target for leaders who want a government-run plan in the marketplace. Such a public option would force private insurers to trim profits and restrain premiums to compete, the argument goes. This would "keep insurance companies honest," says President Barack Obama."
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9BIQPN01&show_article=1#
    What's truly significant here is that the AP, THE AP, broke this story!
    Wonder if this is a sign of a change in the MSM?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good night Kosh's Shadow - nice talking to you as always!

    ReplyDelete