b&b - blogspot won't allow us to have more than 5 consecutive avatars. Then it is zip, gone. glitch in blogspot. Only a week and we'll be in our new digs. All will be new 'n shiny!
JCM said... The biggie, BUT the 48 hour rule applies.
Excerpts from Obama's Columbia Thesis.
Rush mentioned it on his show today. I will be interested to see what Fox finds out about it. Lord knows none of the other networks will look into it unless they can prove it is bogus.
Thanks muchly Bar Wench. Was going to watch a movie with a friend tonight, but she wasn't feeling to well when we finished walking the dog. So here I am at home. Started to stress test my new stove. :)
Pat Condell has his new video rant out titled: Wake up, America.
Subjects this time: - Islamic declaration of "human rights" - Ireland passes blasphemy law - Geert Wilders prosecution to go ahead in the Netherlands - US hypocrisy on free speech at the United Nations - Saudis ask for aid if the world cuts dependence on oil - CAIR's totalitarian agenda for America - Top ten reasons why sharia is bad for all societies
Not for those easily offended by an out atheist, though.
Speaking of which (we're going to launch a "change your avatar for Halloween" drive here), Pi Guy pointed out that Google help is on the avatar issue last night (we lost access to C2 for about an hour - there was a big Blogspot outage)...so we'll probably get them back just in time to move! YAY!! ; )
Halloween costume - hmm, I've got a very, very old black suit of my great grandfather. It comes with fitting moth-ball smell so I could go as an undertaker.
Great clip of Neil Cavuto on Bill O'Reilly last night here. Neil slaps Bill down and makes him actually give in a little on the issue of the Feds setting executive pay for bailed out companies.
BTW, I linked to it through the website of a local radio host named Jim Vicevich. You can listen to his show online live between 9 and 12 weekday mornings. He is very good.
CC & Brandy I even inherited the black top hat. The ensemble is really only useful for such purposes in this day and age. The formaldehyde idea is a good one. ;-)
Halloween costume - hmm, I've got a very, very old black suit of my great grandfather. It comes with fitting moth-ball smell so I could go as an undertaker.
Hello everyone. I have a little time to spend online. First, thanks to CC for the hat tips today. Certainly not expected.
I'm not able to be online at the right time to discuss things and/or follow up with conversations, so maybe I just need to post what I have to offer when I do have time - like now - and wait for the 'real' site, where there will be 'guest' blogs.
Anyhoo - here is what I have to say.
The globular worming hoax is just the latest in a long history of power grabs, which I'm sure surprises no one here.
I was born before G-d started making dirt (that would be 1952) so I well remember the global cooling panic and I remember the population bomb crap.
As my work is about agriculture - and actually it's become my love - I follow this closely.
Here is what I'm seeing - after 5 years of intensive scrutiny.
There are some really well meaning people who think computer models tell them everything and that we're all gonna kill Gaia.
The argument against this requires detailed knowledge not just of climate and geology, but of computer modeling. There is NO so-called 'journalist/reporter' who has that skill set.
Not even Bjorn Lomburg (I think I spelled that correctly - probably not).
Even if there were such a person, the lay people would be clueless.
And there lies the rub.
When the civic discourse becomes so disconnected from the everyday in the guise of the 'priest/expert', the vox populi are left to trust to their 'betters'. The Experts.
That is the Red Flag. It is the beginning of the surrender of personal liberty and sovreignty.
There are a lot of history buffs here. The prism through which we read history is a personal one - for some it's military, for some it's political science, etc.
For me, it has become agriculture.
You guys wanna eat?
As I've traced these memes thru the history of agricultural policy - not just here in the US but in Europe (sorry, know little to nothing about Asia) - they all come back to the same thing.
Population control.
When I backtrack OUTSIDE the agricultural policy strictures, I still run up against the same idea.
Population control.
Let me tell you about some things I've been reading about recently.
An article that said there are 1 billion hungry people in the world and there is no way we can produce enough food to feed everyone. Unless 'we' (I have no clue who this divine 'we' is) allow genetically modified crops - but that would harm Gaia so that's not doable.
And apparently 20% of the world's children die every year from hunger.
This is ALL bullshit.
The people who are going hungry are in that situation because of political corruption.
The next time you meet a 'locavore' - someone who thinks that no one should consume food that was produced outside a 100-mile radius of their home because of the 'food miles' - another crap term for 'carbon footprint' - ask them if they are willing to deny people in Michigan orange juice.
The next time the Mississippi floods and all the farms are underwater, ask them if it's ok if all those people in the delta just starve because there is no food without a punishing CO2 footprint withing the 'locavore' radius.
Oh, wait, here's a better idea. The next time we see pictures of black babies with distended bellies and our fist instinct is to send them food aid - well - tell ya what - let's just calculate the carbon footprint of what it takes to grow that rice don't forget the CO2 cost of the water! - and and the CO2 cost to transport it and all that.
Agree with the prior poster, that food is used as a weapon these days. Most starvation is political in origin. BTW, the central valley of California has been denied water for several months now. Look for an uptick in commodities prices as a result, cotton, soybeans, corn, tomatoes, melons, all sorts of produce are going to being in less supply as a result.
ATH: Wow, that sums it up quite nicely. Good post, and even better rant. Here's something else that locavores don't think about. Salt. Unless you are 100 miles from a sea, salt mine, or other natural source, you are SOL on that front as well. Most people don't realize how important sodium chloride is to the human body.
President Obama will likely not attend the Copenhagen climate change summit in December, opting instead to give an acceptance speech for his Nobel Peace Prize that will outline his environmental goals. Though the White House has yet to give a definitive response on Obama’s attendance, officials have privately said “Oslo is plenty close”—the Nobel ceremony takes place two days into the Copenhagen convention. Administration officials have, however, confirmed that Obama will be in Oslo to accept the prize and sources revealed it was “hard to see the benefit” of his attending the summit if there was no climate deal for him to close or sign. Obama will disappoint the foreign leaders who urged him to attend; they had hoped his presence would bring them closer to a comprehensive treaty. But a United Nations official said last week that the treaty is now an “unrealistic” prospect.
As for locavores (I have to admit I have never heard the term before now) they can try to pry my dark chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups from my cold dead hands. I have no idea where they are made, but I doubt it is within a hundred miles. Road trip anyone?
Want to hear a real funny carbon footprint joke? Up here in Ontario, the gov't mandates recycling of all paper waste, you know, to reduce our carbon footprint.
So how exactly does it get recycled?
I'm glad you asked.
There's only enough capacity in Ontario to handle a fraction of the waste paper sent to recycling. The rest is bundled, loaded on to freight trains and shipped across North America to a port in British Columbia. From there it is loaded onto container ships which take the valuable carbon cargo to China. In China they recycle it into cardboard which is used to wrap & package all the crappy consumer products they ship back to North America.
Net result, is a huge carbon footprint. It would be much wiser to burn the waste paper in Ontario in clean thermoelectric generating plants and capture the carbon at the smokestack.
But that's not the "green" thing to do.
The science of global warming is one debate.
The politics of carbon is a whole other thing itself.
I've been very shy about posting about the European Union because I've been told privately that "I don't care". Europe has a bad record in the 20th century - it's emotionally understandable to not give them any credence.
But that is EXACTLY why people SHOULD care. Because they're doing it again - the almost DNA-level affiliation that continent has for totalitarian responses to perceived problems is again manifest in the EU.
And do NOT for one minute think that the vision for a global governance is not the ultimate goal. It is.
You all need to find out about Maurice Strong.
(I can't belive Glen Beck actually mentioned him - my respect for his research staff grows daily)
And about the the Tobin Tax - a back door mechanism for regulating global financial transactions.
I know a few well respected posters - e.g., realwest - mocked the post about Lord Monckton warning about the Copenhagen mtg on carbon emissions and the threat to US sorvreignty - I hope he's right.
I remember a number of years go some guy with the capital built a pilot plant to burn tires. Tire are a huge disposal problem. He built this plant, it generated power, he collected all chemicals added to rubber in quantity and purity to be commercially saleable. The stack emissions where well below any guidelines, water vapor and CO2 not much else.
He could never get it past the pilot plant. Despite a working model, people could not, would not wrap their minds around or get past the burning tires part.
Kenneth, I don't think it's done that way any more. The amount of money the Chinese were willing to pay for the used paper went out the door and down the street. I don't think a lot goes over there any more.
Well, this has been fun, and I hope to return much sooner than I did this last time, but now it is time for me to go to bed, so I am going to say goodnight to all of my good friends here, and wish you all a great weekend with much happiness and love.
/My High School English teacher would be so proud of that one.
Come to think of it JCM and Kenneth, you mention incinerating anything and the enviro weenies go ape shit. It doesn't matter it's being done in Europe now, it doesn't matter that they have become extremely efficient and put out less harmful chemicals than a brand new low emission car. What matters is that you are burning recyclable material....
I'll be in and out tonight, as I do grading for the online course I teach, watch Dollhouse, Sanctuary, and Stargate: Voyager, I mean Stargate: Universe. Oh, and pet the dogs on the couch with me.
The Won is getting his ass handed to him re: health care reform. Christina Romer has stated publically that the unemployment figure will go well over 10% (page 5 NYT business section - can you say 'buried'?) Pelosi IS at risk of losing the speaker position (EVERYBODY HATES THIS WOMAN).
The Won is not going to use up any more political capital over crap and tax on non-American soil.
He'll try to use the Nobel to shore up his 'image'.
Lemme tell you.
I sent this out as a private email about a week ago. Hubby was on the road, an unexepected meeting came up on the Hill and I had to cover. It's been about 18 mos since I've been there - I don't like to do it, security is a pain, etc.
The whole 'air' has changed. The last time I was there, the security people could joke around, I could taunt the CNN camera crew who were stuck there covering a meaningless mtg. they knew would never be broadcast, etc. A fun place, we're all there just doing our jobs.
Not this time. The place was quiet. Not exactly depressed, but not happy either.
I got what I needed from the committe mtg, then went to visit with a few (Dem) staffer friends to say hi, catch up on some things. They weren't happy - and it wasn't personal, I could tell that much.
Got back to the office, called a staffer, close friend, Republican. What the hell is going on?
Bottom line?
Everyone is puking their guts out over the 2010 midterms.
Very good, Brandy. I knew I could count on you. I like that label with the Scotsman holding a keg on his shoulder. And I do think a true Scotsman would do so./
People, it is very late here at these shoes! I've enjoyed my stay with you all today immensely. - - - Gals, guys 'n 'menschen'. See y'all down the road. I love {y’all) Really!
Forth! - C²
ReplyDeleteDrinks on me! Hi Brandy!
ReplyDeleteHi Callahan! Are you having Irish Whiskey again tonight?
ReplyDelete¡Oh yeah with gusto!
ReplyDeleteI smell suds!
ReplyDeleteHi'ya DEZ ! How are you? And more importantly what are you havin'?
ReplyDeleteHere you are Cal! Really nice to see you tonight.
ReplyDeleteVirtually alone.
ReplyDeleteCal, I think a whiskey tonight.
ReplyDeleteCal's buying DEZ, name your poison!
ReplyDeleteI think I go with a favorite tonight.
ReplyDeleteArrogant Bastard if you please Bar Wench.
Chavis Regal please Mandy.
ReplyDeleteBrandy.... EEEEK
ReplyDeleteDEZ, enjoy!
ReplyDeleteCrap, I missed avatar being shown. Oh well, it's only for another week. Good evening all. Brandy may I have a Guiness please?
ReplyDeleteThanky.
ReplyDeleteSo who's havin' jukebox duty tonight?
ReplyDeleteJCM, Arrogant Bastard
ReplyDeleteJukebox -- Eres tu
ReplyDeleteGood Evening CCers!
ReplyDeleteWow, it has been a while since I have had time to spend here. Is my seat still available?
No one's forthcoming, well I found some change in me pocket.
ReplyDeleteSome classic: Jukebox
Guiness it is Phil. How's everything going?
ReplyDeleteBar Wench Brandy said...
ReplyDeleteJCM, Arrogant Bastard
AHHHHHHH, thank you Brandy!
We saved your stool for you BaB. What would you like to drink tonight?
ReplyDeleteThank you Brandy. You know what I haven't had in a while? A Black and Tan.
ReplyDeleteHi For... ehm 42 oops b&b make yourself comfortable. ;-)
ReplyDeleteBaB, here you are! That kind of looks good. Haven't had one in eons myself.
ReplyDeleteCallahan23 said...
ReplyDeleteHi For... ehm 42 oops b&b make yourself comfortable. ;-)
Thanks for keeping it warm for me.
BTW, what is up with the avatars? Am I the only one that sees the same flag avatar for everyone after the first few comments?
Opps.... I think she has something on her mind....
ReplyDeleteAny earth shattering news today? I've been to busy to spend time on the interwebs.
ReplyDeleteYou are an angel, Brandy. Love the wings.
ReplyDeleteTime to quit for the night (probably) and have a beer.
ReplyDeleteIt's Friday!
Wait, that means two solid days of busting ass.
Crap.
I posted this early,
ReplyDeleteNope this is not a joke.
Obama the Musical.
Wings? When did I grow these? LOL
ReplyDeleteb&b - blogspot won't allow us to have more than 5 consecutive avatars. Then it is zip, gone. glitch in blogspot.
ReplyDeleteOnly a week and we'll be in our new digs. All will be new 'n shiny!
Bar Wench Brandy said...
ReplyDeleteAny earth shattering news today? I've been to busy to spend time on the interwebs.
The biggie, BUT the 48 hour rule applies.
Excerpts from Obama's Columbia Thesis.
Wings? When did I grow these? LOL
ReplyDeleteWell you're an angel Brandy so it makes sense.
Hi Geepers! Thanks. What can I get you?
ReplyDeleteJCM, somebody said that was satire.
ReplyDeleteJCM said...
ReplyDeleteI posted this early,
Nope this is not a joke.
Obama the Musical.
---
Nope, I won't go there! Sorry, I want to keep my good mood.
Beer please. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteJCM said...
ReplyDeleteThe biggie, BUT the 48 hour rule applies.
Excerpts from Obama's Columbia Thesis.
Rush mentioned it on his show today. I will be interested to see what Fox finds out about it. Lord knows none of the other networks will look into it unless they can prove it is bogus.
Callahan,
ReplyDeleteWe had some fun with it.
Peter Orzag sings "Feed Me" from Little Shop of Horrors.
Thanks muchly Bar Wench. Was going to watch a movie with a friend tonight, but she wasn't feeling to well when we finished walking the dog. So here I am at home. Started to stress test my new stove. :)
ReplyDelete/so far so good.
Here's a cold one for you Geepers. How's everything going with regard to your Halloween bash?
ReplyDeleteSorry your friend wasn't feeling well, Phil.
ReplyDeletejukebox
ReplyDeleteNo biggie Brandy. I made a quick run to the drug store for some Nyquil before I came home. It's that time of year again for it.
ReplyDeleteThis Halloween I'm going as Ballon Boy!
ReplyDeleteLa Maudite, s'il vous plaît , mon cher Brandy....
ReplyDeletehttp://www.unibroue.com/products/maudite.cfm
Here's a cold one for you Geepers.
ReplyDeleteDelicious. Just what I needed.
How's everything going with regard to your Halloween bash?
Preparations are going great. Here's your invitation: Monster Party
That stuff is just plain evil Kenneth. :)
ReplyDelete/I think I drank the lees out of one too many of those...
Pat Condell has his new video
ReplyDeleterant out titled:
Wake up, America.
Subjects this time:
- Islamic declaration of "human rights"
- Ireland passes blasphemy law
- Geert Wilders prosecution to go ahead in the Netherlands
- US hypocrisy on free speech at the United Nations
- Saudis ask for aid if the world cuts dependence on oil
- CAIR's totalitarian agenda for America
- Top ten reasons why sharia is bad for all societies
Not for those easily offended by an out atheist, though.
JCM,
ReplyDeleteThis Halloween I'm going as Balloon Boy!
That's funny.
JCM said...
ReplyDeleteThis Halloween I'm going as Ballon Boy!
When I read that the first thing that came to mind was this
Un Maudite mon cher Kenneth. Tres bien, merci, avous?
ReplyDeleteLOL I only had two weeks of French.
Kenneth,
ReplyDelete8% alc./vol.
Yikes.
Speaking of which (we're going to launch a "change your avatar for Halloween" drive here), Pi Guy pointed out that Google help is on the avatar issue last night (we lost access to C2 for about an hour - there was a big Blogspot outage)...so we'll probably get them back just in time to move! YAY!! ; )
ReplyDeleteI am totally at a loss about a costume this year. I have about twenty of them but don't like to recycle that much.
ReplyDeleteHalloween costume - hmm, I've got a very, very old black suit of my great grandfather. It comes with fitting moth-ball smell so I could go as an undertaker.
ReplyDeleteLOL Callahan, that's a great idea!
ReplyDeleteboldandbald said...
ReplyDeleteJCM said...
This Halloween I'm going as Ballon Boy!
When I read that the first thing that came to mind was this
We used to do that with gloves on the FD long before Howie Mandel, we was ripped off!
He was funnier somehow.... I did that once for a kid in our medic unit... he looked at me and said, "I don't like this ambulance!"
LOL, Cal, you could splash a little formaldehyde behind your ears.
ReplyDeleteGreat clip of Neil Cavuto on Bill O'Reilly last night here. Neil slaps Bill down and makes him actually give in a little on the issue of the Feds setting executive pay for bailed out companies.
ReplyDeleteBTW, I linked to it through the website of a local radio host named Jim Vicevich. You can listen to his show online live between 9 and 12 weekday mornings. He is very good.
Bar Wench Brandy said...
ReplyDeleteI am totally at a loss about a costume this year. I have about twenty of them but don't like to recycle that much.
I still like the angel outfit. ;)
CC & Brandy I even inherited the black top hat. The ensemble is really only useful for such purposes in this day and age.
ReplyDeleteThe formaldehyde idea is a good one. ;-)
Hey all. Hi Brandy. If there is any cold beer left, I will have one please.
ReplyDeleteOui, tres bien merci.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean Phil, at 8% you have to remember it's not a normal beer. It can hit you with a wallop.
I've never been an angel for Halloween. Maybe I should do it.
ReplyDeleteERIK!!!
ReplyDelete*theme from cheers in the background*
Callahan23,
ReplyDeleteHalloween costume - hmm, I've got a very, very old black suit of my great grandfather. It comes with fitting moth-ball smell so I could go as an undertaker.
Perfect.
Erik, here you are. What's new?
ReplyDeleteGeepers said...
ReplyDeletePerfect.
Did someone say Prefect?
/Sorry, past life flashback
boldandbald,
ReplyDeleteERIK!!!
*theme from cheers in the background*
---
Cheers
I've never been an angel for Halloween. Maybe I should do it.
ReplyDeleteUm, it's a Costume Party, you can't come as yourself.
b&b,
ReplyDelete/Sorry, past life flashback
LOL
Kenneth, it didn't just hit me with a wallop. It brought the Mack truck. :p
ReplyDeleteGeepers said...
ReplyDeleteI've never been an angel for Halloween. Maybe I should do it.
Um, it's a Costume Party, you can't come as yourself.
Now that's a good pickup line.
PaladinPhil said...
ReplyDeleteKenneth, it didn't just hit me with a wallop. It brought the Mack truck. :p
*Beep beep beep
Look out, it's backing up for another hit.
Oysters
ReplyDeleteBar Wench Brandy said...
ReplyDelete"I've never been an angel for Halloween. Maybe I should do it.",
Isn't that a contradiction in two sentences?
Hey B&B and Cal23. Thanks Brandy for the beer. I like a place "Where everyone knows your name". :))
ReplyDeleteErik - you are certainly well known around these quarters!
ReplyDeleteLOL Forget the angel thing. I've really got to figure this out. Only a week left.
ReplyDeleteErik The Red said...
ReplyDeleteI like a place "Where everyone knows your name". :))
Is that why you wear the name tag?
Callahan: I think we are all well known in one way shape or another.
ReplyDeleteHello everyone. I have a little time to spend online. First, thanks to CC for the hat tips today. Certainly not expected.
ReplyDeleteI'm not able to be online at the right time to discuss things and/or follow up with conversations, so maybe I just need to post what I have to offer when I do have time - like now - and wait for the 'real' site, where there will be 'guest' blogs.
Anyhoo - here is what I have to say.
The globular worming hoax is just the latest in a long history of power grabs, which I'm sure surprises no one here.
I was born before G-d started making dirt (that would be 1952) so I well remember the global cooling panic and I remember the population bomb crap.
As my work is about agriculture - and actually it's become my love - I follow this closely.
Here is what I'm seeing - after 5 years of intensive scrutiny.
There are some really well meaning people who think computer models tell them everything and that we're all gonna kill Gaia.
The argument against this requires detailed knowledge not just of climate and geology, but of computer modeling. There is NO so-called 'journalist/reporter' who has that skill set.
Not even Bjorn Lomburg (I think I spelled that correctly - probably not).
Even if there were such a person, the lay people would be clueless.
And there lies the rub.
When the civic discourse becomes so disconnected from the everyday in the guise of the 'priest/expert', the vox populi are left to trust to their 'betters'. The Experts.
That is the Red Flag. It is the beginning of the surrender of personal liberty and sovreignty.
There are a lot of history buffs here. The prism through which we read history is a personal one - for some it's military, for some it's political science, etc.
For me, it has become agriculture.
You guys wanna eat?
As I've traced these memes thru the history of agricultural policy - not just here in the US but in Europe (sorry, know little to nothing about Asia) - they all come back to the same thing.
Population control.
When I backtrack OUTSIDE the agricultural policy strictures, I still run up against the same idea.
Population control.
Let me tell you about some things I've been reading about recently.
An article that said there are 1 billion hungry people in the world and there is no way we can produce enough food to feed everyone. Unless 'we' (I have no clue who this divine 'we' is) allow genetically modified crops - but that would harm Gaia so that's not doable.
And apparently 20% of the world's children die every year from hunger.
This is ALL bullshit.
The people who are going hungry are in that situation because of political corruption.
The next time you meet a 'locavore' - someone who thinks that no one should consume food that was produced outside a 100-mile radius of their home because of the 'food miles' - another crap term for 'carbon footprint' - ask them if they are willing to deny people in Michigan orange juice.
The next time the Mississippi floods and all the farms are underwater, ask them if it's ok if all those people in the delta just starve because there is no food without a punishing CO2 footprint withing the 'locavore' radius.
Oh, wait, here's a better idea. The next time we see pictures of black babies with distended bellies and our fist instinct is to send them food aid - well - tell ya what - let's just calculate the carbon footprint of what it takes to grow that rice don't forget the CO2 cost of the water! - and and the CO2 cost to transport it and all that.
You have NO idea how outraged I am.
Oysters - had them last time in a different setting. Hmm!
ReplyDeleteGreat post ATH, I agree.
ReplyDeleteSomething to drink?
boldandbald said... Is that why you wear the name tag?
ReplyDeleteMore likely the dunce cap.
Agree with the prior poster, that food is used as a weapon these days. Most starvation is political in origin. BTW, the central valley of California has been denied water for several months now. Look for an uptick in commodities prices as a result, cotton, soybeans, corn, tomatoes, melons, all sorts of produce are going to being in less supply as a result.
ReplyDeleteBrandy, you better make it a double for ATH.
ReplyDeleteGood evening, ATH. You are among friends, so it is OK to vent.
ATH: Wow, that sums it up quite nicely. Good post, and even better rant. Here's something else that locavores don't think about. Salt. Unless you are 100 miles from a sea, salt mine, or other natural source, you are SOL on that front as well. Most people don't realize how important sodium chloride is to the human body.
ReplyDeleteIn recently released news:
ReplyDeleteObama to Skip Climate Change Summit
President Obama will likely not attend the Copenhagen climate change summit in December, opting instead to give an acceptance speech for his Nobel Peace Prize that will outline his environmental goals. Though the White House has yet to give a definitive response on Obama’s attendance, officials have privately said “Oslo is plenty close”—the Nobel ceremony takes place two days into the Copenhagen convention. Administration officials have, however, confirmed that Obama will be in Oslo to accept the prize and sources revealed it was “hard to see the benefit” of his attending the summit if there was no climate deal for him to close or sign. Obama will disappoint the foreign leaders who urged him to attend; they had hoped his presence would bring them closer to a comprehensive treaty. But a United Nations official said last week that the treaty is now an “unrealistic” prospect.
Hey rawmuse,
ReplyDeleteGood to see you here.
As for locavores (I have to admit I have never heard the term before now) they can try to pry my dark chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups from my cold dead hands. I have no idea where they are made, but I doubt it is within a hundred miles. Road trip anyone?
ReplyDeleteAtillaTheHoney, you and I share the same profession I guess, agriculture.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree! Spot on!
My comment from earlier today.
Teh left sure does like their cute little phraseology, doesn't it?
ReplyDelete/locavores?
Never heard the word before today.
Rawmuse, can I get you anything? Are you having a quiet evening at home tonight?
ReplyDeleteBut a United Nations official said last week that the treaty is now an “unrealistic” prospect.
ReplyDeleteHuh. Sort of like Global Warming itself.
Hi gang! How is everyone this fine evening?
ReplyDeleteAt my age, it's good to be seen anywhere :)
ReplyDeleteThat's rich, eh Geepers? The UN talking about 'realistic' ...
ReplyDeleteBar Wench Brandy,
ReplyDeleteTeh left sure does like their cute little phraseology, doesn't it?
/locavores?
Never heard the word before today.
---
loca - Spanish for crazy (feminin) Heh !
Hey PBJ what you drinkin'? On me.
ReplyDeleteWant to hear a real funny carbon footprint joke? Up here in Ontario, the gov't mandates recycling of all paper waste, you know, to reduce our carbon footprint.
ReplyDeleteSo how exactly does it get recycled?
I'm glad you asked.
There's only enough capacity in Ontario to handle a fraction of the waste paper sent to recycling. The rest is bundled, loaded on to freight trains and shipped across North America to a port in British Columbia. From there it is loaded onto container ships which take the valuable carbon cargo to China. In China they recycle it into cardboard which is used to wrap & package all the crappy consumer products they ship back to North America.
Net result, is a huge carbon footprint. It would be much wiser to burn the waste paper in Ontario in clean thermoelectric generating plants and capture the carbon at the smokestack.
But that's not the "green" thing to do.
The science of global warming is one debate.
The politics of carbon is a whole other thing itself.
Why thank you Erik! Brandy, I'll have my usual Bombay martini with a twist please.
ReplyDeleteHi PBJ! Nice to see you! Here's your martini- with a twist, of course! :-)
ReplyDeleteWell said ATH, well said.
ReplyDeleteI've commented many a time that for the almost all the faminies in recent history had a political, not climate trigger.
I'm not done.
ReplyDeleteI've been very shy about posting about the European Union because I've been told privately that "I don't care". Europe has a bad record in the 20th century - it's emotionally understandable to not give them any credence.
But that is EXACTLY why people SHOULD care. Because they're doing it again - the almost DNA-level affiliation that continent has for totalitarian responses to perceived problems is again manifest in the EU.
And do NOT for one minute think that the vision for a global governance is not the ultimate goal. It is.
You all need to find out about Maurice Strong.
(I can't belive Glen Beck actually mentioned him - my respect for his research staff grows daily)
And about the the Tobin Tax - a back door mechanism for regulating global financial transactions.
I know a few well respected posters - e.g., realwest - mocked the post about Lord Monckton warning about the Copenhagen mtg on carbon emissions and the threat to US sorvreignty - I hope he's right.
Ha! No kidding, Callahan! Loca, indeed!
ReplyDeleteThanks Brandy and thanks again Erik! Cheers!
ReplyDeleteKenneth said...
ReplyDeleteI remember a number of years go some guy with the capital built a pilot plant to burn tires. Tire are a huge disposal problem. He built this plant, it generated power, he collected all chemicals added to rubber in quantity and purity to be commercially saleable. The stack emissions where well below any guidelines, water vapor and CO2 not much else.
He could never get it past the pilot plant. Despite a working model, people could not, would not wrap their minds around or get past the burning tires part.
Kenneth, I don't think it's done that way any more. The amount of money the Chinese were willing to pay for the used paper went out the door and down the street. I don't think a lot goes over there any more.
ReplyDeleteWell, this has been fun, and I hope to return much sooner than I did this last time, but now it is time for me to go to bed, so I am going to say goodnight to all of my good friends here, and wish you all a great weekend with much happiness and love.
ReplyDelete/My High School English teacher would be so proud of that one.
Good night b&b, wEEt dreams!
ReplyDeleteCome back soon BaB! Sweet dreams.
ReplyDeleteCome to think of it JCM and Kenneth, you mention incinerating anything and the enviro weenies go ape shit. It doesn't matter it's being done in Europe now, it doesn't matter that they have become extremely efficient and put out less harmful chemicals than a brand new low emission car. What matters is that you are burning recyclable material....
ReplyDelete/they make my head ache.
As I posted on another thread today, if Obama signs the Copenhagen treaty, then, as a line in one of my favorite movies says
ReplyDelete"A riot is a terrible thing, and it is high time we had one"
Goodnight, B2! Thanks for stopping by :-)
ReplyDeleteI'll be in and out tonight, as I do grading for the online course I teach, watch Dollhouse, Sanctuary, and Stargate: Voyager, I mean Stargate: Universe.
ReplyDeleteOh, and pet the dogs on the couch with me.
Hi Kosh, we're always pleased to have you join us. : ) Cold one?
ReplyDeleteBar Wench Brandy
ReplyDelete"Obama to skip climate summmit" crap headline.
Here's what the skinny is in Washington DC.
The Won is getting his ass handed to him re: health care reform. Christina Romer has stated publically that the unemployment figure will go well over 10% (page 5 NYT business section - can you say 'buried'?) Pelosi IS at risk of losing the speaker position (EVERYBODY HATES THIS WOMAN).
The Won is not going to use up any more political capital over crap and tax on non-American soil.
He'll try to use the Nobel to shore up his 'image'.
Lemme tell you.
I sent this out as a private email about a week ago. Hubby was on the road, an unexepected meeting came up on the Hill and I had to cover. It's been about 18 mos since I've been there - I don't like to do it, security is a pain, etc.
The whole 'air' has changed. The last time I was there, the security people could joke around, I could taunt the CNN camera crew who were stuck there covering a meaningless mtg. they knew would never be broadcast, etc. A fun place, we're all there just doing our jobs.
Not this time. The place was quiet. Not exactly depressed, but not happy either.
I got what I needed from the committe mtg, then went to visit with a few (Dem) staffer friends to say hi, catch up on some things. They weren't happy - and it wasn't personal, I could tell that much.
Got back to the office, called a staffer, close friend, Republican. What the hell is going on?
Bottom line?
Everyone is puking their guts out over the 2010 midterms.
Fear. On both sides of the aisles.
Good idea, Brandy. Gritty's Scottish Ale, if I got the name right.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
(Let's see if Bugspot has a third "conflicting edit" error.)
Woo-hoo!
ReplyDeleteRemember Verbatim, the Web App I mentioned on C2 back in September?
Apple's official list of most popular web apps in ALL categories currently lists it as their 9th most popular iPhone app!
In their official list of most popular productivity web apps, it currently ranks as #2!!
Brandy, the next round is on me!
Gritty McDuff's, Kosh ...found it, I believe ...
ReplyDeleteFear. On both sides of the aisles.
ReplyDeleteGOOD!
The peasants have had enough, we're stockpiling torches, pitchforks, tar, feathers and rails for '10.
Wow, Pi Guy! This is WONDERFUL news! Congratulations congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteI sure hope this pays off in real dollars for you. Very nice, well done!
Very good, Brandy. I knew I could count on you.
ReplyDeleteI like that label with the Scotsman holding a keg on his shoulder.
And I do think a true Scotsman would do so./
Everyone is puking their guts out over the 2010 midterms.
ReplyDeleteYou're making my day, ATH. :-)
JCM, hopefully the stock gets sold and used. Can I buy shares? :)
ReplyDeleteWow, Pi Guy! Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteI like that label with the Scotsman holding a keg on his shoulder.
ReplyDeleteSo do I. Nice artwork.
Pi Guy!
ReplyDeleteW00T!
many many kisses!
(do you mind lipstick?)
Ok, all, Hubby is back from his boys nite out and he has a lot of raunchy jokes to tell me before he passes out.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Maybe I'll do it again sometime!
But seriously - Maurice Strong.
I already have Maurice Strong up on the google. Maybe I'll bookmark it so I don't forget about it tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteThanks Atilla.
Atilla later -- You rock!
ReplyDeleteGoodnight, Atilla!
ReplyDelete/Maurice Strong. Got it.
People, it is very late here at these shoes!
ReplyDeleteI've enjoyed my stay with you all today immensely.
- - -
Gals, guys 'n 'menschen'.
See y'all down the road.
I love {y’all) Really!
Callahan, we're happy to see you, as always! Weet dreams!
ReplyDelete/see you tomorrow :-)
PaladinPhil
ReplyDeletere:Salt
Oh, I've had a rant on that issue working up steam for quite a while..........
gotta go be with family. See you guys tomorrow.
Pi Guy,
ReplyDelete#2
What an embarrassment.
;-)
All kidding aside, congrats!
Sweet dreams {{Cal}}.
ReplyDeleteWell done Pi Guy, may you reap lots of money. :)
ReplyDeletePost-pub thread --->
ReplyDeleteGreta talking about Greg Craig (WH Counsel) being ousted, replaced by Anita Dunn's hubby.