We seriously need to get down to business, gang. I need a halloween costume for my neighbor's party and as I'm not really in a party mood, I need guidance from y'all, my compadres. Ideas? I am searching the web now.
ArmyWife said... We seriously need to get down to business, gang. I need a halloween costume for my neighbor's party and as I'm not really in a party mood, I need guidance from y'all, my compadres. Ideas? I am searching the web now.
Wear a table with a table cloth around your waist and a lampshade on your head. On the table part, have an ashtray with 2 cigarette butts in it.
MR. AW is laughing, Pi Guy. As for you, JCM, Mr. AW is voting for the ArmyWife costume I posted earlier. This one. I keep trying to tell him I was kidding.
No, scary is when the boss comes by and says "Can I see you for a few minutes...."
Well, when the company meeting had been put off about 3 weeks, it meant something was up, not to mention the departure of the engineering and sales VP's "to pursue better opportunities".
Etc.
I wasn't the only one let go today, but I don't know how many.
So, Brandy, I think I could use something stronger than usual.
Getting laid off sucks. You are NOT ALONE! 6 of us were let go the same day in January, and we didn't know who the others were. Thankfully another employee contacted me at home & we were able to compare notes & share feelings. Stay strong, don't take it personally, over 15% of the population may be unemployed depending on where you live.
AN asteroid exploded over Indonesia with the force of three Hiroshima bombs - and no one on Earth knew it was coming.
The New Scientist website reports the dramatic explosion over South Sulawesi, Indonesia, on October 8 underscores how blind humanity is to the danger of giant space rocks.
NASA estimated the explosion was the equivalent to 50,000 tons of TNT, making it one of the largest asteroid explosions ever observed.
However, this time we were lucky - the blast caused no damage on the ground because it occurred at high altitude, 15 to 20km above Earth's surface.
While the explosion was heard by witnesses in Indonesia and picked up by international nuclear explosion detectors, the asteroid only became visible after it exploded.
OMG, I feel like I'm in the middle of Iraq or something. Lots of wind here and it is kicking up all the ash and debris from the station fire. Mt. Wilson
One blessing about getting laid off: having plenty of time to volunteer on campaigns to toss out Obamabots and take care of sick parents who need time & patience.
Another blessing about having been laid off : Not having to work with gloating democrats weeks after the inauguration.
No, I think a quick splash of cheap whiskey will do me. The stomach won't hold anything of quality, and I have to reel out into the great night in a little while.
In the hallways of Auburn Mountainview High School, there is no "in crowd," at least not to Landon Gallion and Kelsie Marr. The two special needs students see everyone as a friend, happily handing out high fives and hugs to anyone who passes by.
"They always have a smile on their face," said classmate Sam Brown. "Landon and Kelsie have always been great friends to all of us here at Mountainview."
So a few students like Brown decided to give the pair an honor befitting their inspiring personalities. They got Landon and Kelsie nominated for homecoming king and queen.
[]
In the end, the seniors of Auburn Mountainview High School overwhelmingly voted the unlikely couple as homecoming king and queen. It was a triumphant coronation for the couple and crowning moment for Mountainview High.
Three years ago I spent the summer laid off, which meant I got to hang out at the cottage with my 18 month old son for several weeks of wonderful weather. That was a priceless gift. Of course, it helped knowing a had a job lined up to start in September
Forth! - C²
ReplyDeleteI am buying, I guess! :-)))
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon, everyone!
ReplyDeleteIf you're going to drink, we're going to test you with the alphabet, but specifically the one in the video above!
ReplyDelete;)
Evening Bar Wench, everyone else!
ReplyDeleteA Screamin' Pumpkin Spiced Ale if you please!
NOT FIRST!
ReplyDeleteCallahan23 said...
ReplyDeleteI am buying, I guess! :-)))
You sure are, goodlooking!
You buy, I serve!
Evening Brandy, may I have a Black and Blood please. :)
ReplyDelete/getting in the mood...
A Screamin' Pumpkin Spiced Ale if you please!
ReplyDeleteHow timely, JCM! ENJOY!
We seriously need to get down to business, gang. I need a halloween costume for my neighbor's party and as I'm not really in a party mood, I need guidance from y'all, my compadres. Ideas? I am searching the web now.
ReplyDeleteBrandy - my pockets are soo deep!
ReplyDeleteI'll have my usual, if your time allows it. :-)
ArmyWife said...
ReplyDeleteGive Mr. ArmyWife heart palpatations!
PP, you about had me stumped!
ReplyDeleteBrandy scores again!
One black and blood ...enjoy, Phil!
Give Mr. ArmyWife heart palpatations!
ReplyDeleteHe'll never let you out of the house.... problem solved!
Thanks Cal23. Brandy can I have my usual please.
ReplyDeleteArmyWife said...
ReplyDeleteWe seriously need to get down to business, gang. I need a halloween costume for my neighbor's party and as I'm not really in a party mood, I need guidance from y'all, my compadres. Ideas? I am searching the web now.
Wear a table with a table cloth around your waist and a lampshade on your head. On the table part, have an ashtray with 2 cigarette butts in it.
Tell everybody you're a "one-night stand".
Well I raise my glass to Joe Lieberman for telling Sen. Harry Reid and his public option takeover of US healthcare to stick it!
ReplyDeleteFilibuster away, Senator Lieberman & others who join you! You rock, you great American conservative Jewish independent liberal!
Old Irish for you, Callahan. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteActually yes Brandy, I did stump you. ;)
ReplyDelete/Black and Blood: Guiness with Black Currant syrup drizzled in....
MR. AW is laughing, Pi Guy. As for you, JCM, Mr. AW is voting for the ArmyWife costume I posted earlier. This one. I keep trying to tell him I was kidding.
ReplyDeletePi Guy,
ReplyDeleteThis video is freaking me out. I need a drink.
BatGuano said...
ReplyDeletePi Guy,
This video is freaking me out. I need a drink.
So the strategy is working!
;)
As for you, JCM, Mr. AW is voting for the ArmyWife costume I posted earlier. This one. I keep trying to tell him I was kidding.
ReplyDeleteCan you sing? .......
Bar Wench Brandy,
ReplyDeleteThanks but por favor, No more bloody red sangria for me, after last nights' double trouble, mucho booze-o!
Until the Nov. 3 election day, must stay scared straight & sober for Victory. Like our troops. God Bless them.
Erik, your usual. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteJCM, one for you too, sugar.
PROGRAMMING NOTE:
ReplyDeleteYouTube is temporarily down for maintenance, and should return shortly.
Thanks Brandy.
ReplyDelete--
ArmyWife, Mr.AW is a dude. 's natural. ;-)
Scary videos?
ReplyDeleteNo, scary is when the boss comes by and says "Can I see you for a few minutes...."
Well, when the company meeting had been put off about 3 weeks, it meant something was up, not to mention the departure of the engineering and sales VP's "to pursue better opportunities".
Etc.
I wasn't the only one let go today, but I don't know how many.
So, Brandy, I think I could use something stronger than usual.
Thank ya' Brandy!
ReplyDelete{{{Kosh}}}
ReplyDeleteI am so terribly sorry (((Kosh))) !
ReplyDeleteoh Kosh. I am so sorry. If I can help you with anything, please let me know.
ReplyDeleteSo, Brandy, I think I could use something stronger than usual.
ReplyDeleteOn the house, Kosh. What'll it be? JCM is having a nice Screaming Pumpkin Spiced Ale. How bout that?
Kosh's Shadow,
ReplyDeleteGetting laid off sucks. You are NOT ALONE! 6 of us were let go the same day in January, and we didn't know who the others were. Thankfully another employee contacted me at home & we were able to compare notes & share feelings. Stay strong, don't take it personally, over 15% of the population may be unemployed depending on where you live.
Prayers & hugs.
Thanks Brandy. My usual is scotch though. :)))
ReplyDeleteAnd Kosh drinks on me tonight. Once again sorry about the layoff.
PROGRAMMING NOTE:
ReplyDeleteYouTube is back up!
Asteroid smashes into atmosphere
ReplyDeleteAN asteroid exploded over Indonesia with the force of three Hiroshima bombs - and no one on Earth knew it was coming.
The New Scientist website reports the dramatic explosion over South Sulawesi, Indonesia, on October 8 underscores how blind humanity is to the danger of giant space rocks.
NASA estimated the explosion was the equivalent to 50,000 tons of TNT, making it one of the largest asteroid explosions ever observed.
However, this time we were lucky - the blast caused no damage on the ground because it occurred at high altitude, 15 to 20km above Earth's surface.
While the explosion was heard by witnesses in Indonesia and picked up by international nuclear explosion detectors, the asteroid only became visible after it exploded.
/missed us by that much
OMG, I feel like I'm in the middle of Iraq or something. Lots of wind here and it is kicking up all the ash and debris from the station fire.
ReplyDeleteMt. Wilson
I'll have my usual when you get a chance Brandy.
Sorry about that, Erik. My memory has as many holes in it as my stockings do some evenings.
ReplyDeleteGlenmorangie, on me. :-)
One blessing about getting laid off: having plenty of time to volunteer on campaigns to toss out Obamabots and take care of sick parents who need time & patience.
ReplyDeleteAnother blessing about having been laid off : Not having to work with gloating democrats weeks after the inauguration.
Anyone else think of blessings of being laid off?
Good evening, PBJ! You look especially ravishing tonight ...hot date later?
ReplyDeleteHere's your usual! Enjoy!
Anyone else think of blessings of being laid off?
ReplyDeleteUnemployment is racist....
It's Obama's Funemployment!
Thanks Brandy! I must look good all windblown. LOL
ReplyDeleteHeartily sorry, Kosh.
ReplyDeleteBat Guano! Welcome to the Liberty Pub!
ReplyDeleteWhat can I get you? :-)
Kosh, I'm also so very sorry to hear. Hope you find something else soon.
ReplyDeleteKosh,
ReplyDeleteWhat is your field?
High Tech companies are using Linkedin, many are only hiring off Linkedin with references.
Ahhh, another post locked and loaded. Another drink Brandy please. Surprise me. :)
ReplyDeleteKosh's Shadow said...
ReplyDeleteI wasn't the only one let go today, but I don't know how many.
I'm so sorry, that really sucks.
Thanks everyone.
ReplyDeleteI had to go feed the dogs; back now.
I'll check LinkedIn; I've been registered there for a while.
Yes, I'm in high tech; software engineer, mostly Windows work, but more in servers than desktop.
In north-eastern Mass, southern NH.
Bat Guano! Welcome to the Liberty Pub!
ReplyDeleteWhat can I get you? :-)
Hi,Brandy! I feel like a flaming rum punch. No, not nearly cold enough for that. OK, a ZOMBIE!
P2, don't ask. Just drink it. LOL!
ReplyDeleteHey Bat. Nice to see you around here again. Have you given your email addy to Pink?
ReplyDeleteBG, since this is your first time here (remember my memory is bad), I went all out with the foo foo umbrellas and everything! ENJOY!
ReplyDeleteHi, Erik. Yup, I gave it to her on the 13th. Thanks for asking.
ReplyDeleteBWB: Is that a "Tiki Time Bomb?"
ReplyDeleteBG, since this is your first time here (remember my memory is bad), I went all out with the foo foo umbrellas and everything! ENJOY!
ReplyDeleteYou are not going to believe this, but I was going to ask for an umbrella!
Thanks Brandy. I hope it's as scary as it looks. :D
ReplyDeleteYou are not going to believe this, but I was going to ask for an umbrella!
ReplyDeleteBrandy knows all, sweety. :-)
Hi Buzz, you snuck in when I wasn't looking!
ReplyDeleteNope, that's a Zombie drink, made with secret ingredients. Would you care for one?
No, I think a quick splash of cheap whiskey will do me. The stomach won't hold anything of quality, and I have to reel out into the great night in a little while.
ReplyDeleteBar Wench Brandy,
ReplyDeleteNope, that's a Zombie drink, made with secret ingredients. Would you care for one?
---
Must be a no-brainer, I take one. Heh!
I feel bold.
See all of you a little later, folks. I've got to get some laundry done.
ReplyDeleteBye, PBJ!
ReplyDeleteBuzz, cheap whiskey! Enjoy :-)
ReplyDeleteCallahan, here you go, sweety ...I had to go find more umbrellas. You guys!
Bye PBJ! See you later!
ReplyDeleteAnd there's a girl in this harbor town
ReplyDeleteAnd she works layin' whiskey down
They say "Brandy, fetch another round"
She serves them whiskey and wine
This'll put a smile on your face...
ReplyDeleteHomecoming is where the heart is for disabled Auburn students
In the hallways of Auburn Mountainview High School, there is no "in crowd," at least not to Landon Gallion and Kelsie Marr. The two special needs students see everyone as a friend, happily handing out high fives and hugs to anyone who passes by.
"They always have a smile on their face," said classmate Sam Brown. "Landon and Kelsie have always been great friends to all of us here at Mountainview."
So a few students like Brown decided to give the pair an honor befitting their inspiring personalities. They got Landon and Kelsie nominated for homecoming king and queen.
[]
In the end, the seniors of Auburn Mountainview High School overwhelmingly voted the unlikely couple as homecoming king and queen. It was a triumphant coronation for the couple and crowning moment for Mountainview High.
Evening C2,
ReplyDeleteBar Wench may I have some red wine please?
:::Grabs a copy of The Middle Parts of Fortune and sits by the fire:::
Looks like Trader Vic's in here. Count me in for the fancy tiki drink!
ReplyDeleteI'll have that wine upstairs for you ET.
ReplyDelete------------------------------------------------->
That's the stuff. Thanks, BWB.
ReplyDeleteThree years ago I spent the summer laid off, which meant I got to hang out at the cottage with my 18 month old son for several weeks of wonderful weather. That was a priceless gift. Of course, it helped knowing a had a job lined up to start in September
ReplyDeleteIt's very nice to see you here, Bat!
ReplyDelete