
This coming Saturday is Halloween! C2 is celebrating all this week, by introducing liberty pub posts with a fun, scary Halloween classic!
The closer we get to Halloween, the more ghosts seem to be around. We need somebody to get rid of all of them, but who ya gonna call?
FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGhost Busters!
ReplyDeleteFirst! (Close enough for government work)
ReplyDeleteRepeating my hasta la vistas, muchachos y muchachas.
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling Sangria Buzzed borracho.
Hey, CC, how are you doing? Do you need anything?
ReplyDeleteManana, Alegrias! It was nice to see you tonight.
ReplyDeleteNow, are these the Original Ghostbusters, or the Original Famous Ghostbusters, or Ray's Original Famous Ghostbusters, or....?
ReplyDeleteI'll take free health care with a cap-n-trade chaser please.
ReplyDelete/dripping
I actually dressed up for Halloween as a Ghost Buster on year. My man was the Giant Marshmallow Man or whoever that character was! LMAO
ReplyDeleteSta-puft marshmellow man. I resemble him.
ReplyDeleteBar Wench Brandy said...
ReplyDeleteI actually dressed up for Halloween as a Ghost Buster on year. My man was the Giant Marshmallow Man or whoever that character was! LMAO
Got pics?
Truck Monkey, Heh. That's about it, isn't it.
ReplyDelete/Just what I always wanted.
Here's a Frank Zappa song for Halloween.
ReplyDeleteI'll decline another drink and will instead head to bed.
ReplyDeleteThe time delay is a b*tch!
- - -
Gals, guys 'n 'menschen'.
See y'all down the road.
I love {y’all) Really!
Truck Monkey said...
ReplyDeleteI'll take free health care with a cap-n-trade chaser please.
/dripping
One cup of hemlock coming right up........
Brandy,
ReplyDeleteWhy do I think you don't look like Bill Murray.
Weet Dreams {{Cal}}.
ReplyDeleteHi C2. I'm still reeling from that Bears game. Double plus ouch.
ReplyDeleteBut this post reminds me of ahigh school friend who had me draw the big ghost busters logo on the back of his jeans jacket, which he wore constantly, and so has cheered me up a bit.
Thanks.
{{{Brandy}}}
ReplyDeleteThanks y'all!
Thanks JCM. Like they say.... you ain't seen expensive until you've seen free.
ReplyDeleteIs anyone ready for a drink?
ReplyDeleteYou bet. What's on tap?
ReplyDeleteI ain't fraid of no ghost. First few notes and you know exactly what song that will be! I can tell y'all something to be afraid of. Nacho cheese. Yep, the gross orange kind in the institutional sized can (ugh) that goes with a pump dispenser. I just had to clean one at my daughters middle school concession stand. Yucky, like Halloween gross out yucky. lol
ReplyDeleteLater Cal23. Rest well.
ReplyDeleteI'll have a beer, thanks.
ReplyDeleteCentaur said...
ReplyDeleteBut this post reminds me of ahigh school friend who had me draw the big ghost busters logo on the back of his jeans jacket, which he wore constantly, and so has cheered me up a bit.
Don't forget Ghost Buster Brown shoes.
'Nite, Callahan.
ReplyDeleteKosh's Shadow said...
ReplyDeleteHere's a Frank Zappa song for Halloween.
I wonder what Zappa was on when he wrote that song? Some good shit, I bet.
Bye Cal, sorry to have missed you.
ReplyDeleteTruck Monkey said...
ReplyDeleteThanks JCM. Like they say.... you ain't seen expensive until you've seen free.
Health Care, Crap-n-Fraud....
National suicide, or damn near....
All for free......
Centaur, We have Sam Adams, Guinness and Michilob right now.
ReplyDeleteErik The Red said...
ReplyDeleteI wonder what Zappa was on when he wrote that song? Some good shit, I bet.
Kosh's Shadow says -
Zappa didn't take drugs and was actually anti-drug. (Except for cigarettes.)
He was naturally weird. And very weird.
snowcrash said...
ReplyDeleteI ain't fraid of no ghost. First few notes and you know exactly what song that will be! I can tell y'all something to be afraid of. Nacho cheese. Yep, the gross orange kind in the institutional sized can (ugh) that goes with a pump dispenser. I just had to clean one at my daughters middle school concession stand. Yucky, like Halloween gross out yucky. lol
MMMMMMMMM.
Artificial cheese favor...
buzzsaw---
ReplyDeleteAnswering your question from the last thread, I recall a scene from "Burmese Days" where a mob forms, angered at one of the character's abuses of the natives... the hero (Flory) helps face them down, even thought he doesn't particularly care for the (bigoted) character in question. Of course, I read this, er... 25 years ago?
Wouldn't it be cheaper if we just insured all LEGAL U.S. residents instead of scrapping the whole healthcare system? I know... stupid question. Because it is really not about healthcare at all.
ReplyDeleteJCM, it was the artistic interpretation of cheese....FAIL. Artificial everything.
ReplyDeleteCentaur, how's this?
ReplyDeleteKosh's Shadow says -
ReplyDeleteZappa didn't take drugs and was actually anti-drug. (Except for cigarettes.)
He was naturally weird. And very weird.
I will take your word for it. Though I find that hard to believe. :)
Guinness me!
ReplyDeleteIdea for a really, really scary Halloween costume:
ReplyDeletePrint up nine trillion tiny little IOUs, and affix them to your clothing.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125119686015756517.html
(Tough one, I know)
Hi snowcrash! Something to drink?
ReplyDeleteTruck we probably could have done that with the first TARP. lol
ReplyDeletesnowcrash said...
ReplyDeleteJCM, it was the artistic interpretation of cheese....FAIL. Artificial everything.
Come on, didn't you see the film in school?
Better Living Through Chemistry.
Oh, that'll work too. Thanks Brandy.
ReplyDeleteHi Brandy, I'm all set with a cup of tea. Thanks anyway.
ReplyDeleteOR--I read "Burmese Days" about the same length of time ago, and clearly will have to revisit it. I found it a painful read, though, since the emotions in it were so raw. A very good book, as is "Keep the Aspidistra Flying."
ReplyDeleteI once thought of doing a compare/contrast essay on Orwell (self-described socialist) and Evelyn Waugh (solid Tory), because the both of them were so fundamentally conservative Englishmen despite their surface political disagreements. Orwell's mentions of "nancy poets" are clearly intended to refer to Isherwood and Auden, whom Waugh lampoons as "Parsnip and Pimpernell" in several of his books. The two have much more in common than probably either of them realized.
'Tis a lovely evening.........
ReplyDeleteOccasional Reader,
ReplyDeletePrint up nine trillion tiny little IOUs, and affix them to your clothing.
That might take a while. I'll stick with my skeleton costume.
Here's a Guinness for you , Centaur. I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting someone to take that other beer off your hands.
ReplyDeleteHey there Geepers. How are the party preparations coming? Would you like a drink?
ReplyDeleteHey JCM... That is not really cheese. I would tell you the horrifying truth but first you will have to sign this waiver.
ReplyDeleteGin martini, dry, shaken not stirred, with two olives.
ReplyDeleteMonday's almost over.
Are you kidding, Brandy? This is precisely why God gave us two hands.
ReplyDeleteLucius!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to pimp my posts in the earlier bar thread, since I think you may find them of some interest.
Well, taking the play calling out of Jim Zorn's hands has really solved all the Redskins' problems, eh?
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks again!
ReplyDeleteBuzz -- you da mackdaddy.
ReplyDeleteYo, yo, Lucius.
ReplyDeleteTruck Monkey said...
ReplyDeleteHey JCM... That is not really cheese. I would tell you the horrifying truth but first you will have to sign this waiver.
Cheeze Whiz.... what's not to like?
///
My wife brought me home a block of this delightful dairy product.
Lucius, I hope Bombay Sapphire is okay?
ReplyDeleteHey Buzz and OR -- re: your Orwell conversation, have either of you read Eric Hoffer? Similar insights as Orwell (I think) and one of my favorites, though I'm no expert ... just read a bit here and there.
ReplyDeleteNot cheese--a delicious imitation of cheese.
ReplyDeleteLucius Septimius said...
ReplyDeleteWell, taking the play calling out of Jim Zorn's hands has really solved all the Redskins' problems, eh?
Zorn to Largent.... TOUCHDOWN!
Now those were the days.... ;-P
Centaur--I used to read Hoffer when he was a columnist back in the Sixties, which pretty much dates me. I haven't read his books.
ReplyDeleteYou're quite welcome, Centaur.
ReplyDeleteInteresting -- I've heard that explanation of the "sins of Sodom" in the past as well, though I can't remember the source.
ReplyDeleteLucius--interestingly, one of the "tales of Sodom" from the Talmud involves a bed like the bed of Procrustes.
ReplyDeleteBrandy,
ReplyDeleteHey there Geepers. How are the party preparations coming?
Monster Party preperations are going great. Everyone is invited of course.
Would you like a drink?
"Would you like another drink?" would be more correct. And yes, yes I would. ;-)
Buzz -- you may like True Believers. It's his thoughts on mass movements and the typical mindsets they appeal too. Also, Working on the Docks (I forget the title ... it's something like that) was interesting. Like Orwell, very anti-intellectual (a good thing).
ReplyDeleteGotta run. That Guinness was Good. (Just like they say!) Good night all.
ReplyDeleteCentaur: They're on the "vague list"--which is to say, books I'd like to read if/when I get the time. I'm hoping that a recent settlement will allow me some time to catch up on my reading, though I also have a frightening number of projects which have been hanging fire for far too long.
ReplyDeleteGeepers, the party sounds wonderful. Wish I oould come.
ReplyDeleteWhat were you drinking again, my mind's not right tonight. LOL
Brandy -- thanks -- just what the doctor ordered.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Centaur. Glad you stopped by.
ReplyDeleteI hate to see the evenin' sun go down.
ReplyDeleteAnd I hate to have to sign off, too.
Sweet dreams to ya, Buzz!
ReplyDeleteBrandy,
ReplyDeletemy mind's not right tonight.
At least I'm not alone.
Beer's fine.
'ere we go. Via wiki, on "Burmese Days":
ReplyDeleteA few days later, the body of Maxwell is brought back to the town. This creates a tension between the Burmese and the Europeans, exacerbated by a vicious attack on native children by the spiteful Ellis. A large riot begins and Flory becomes the hero for bringing it under control with some support by Dr. Veraswami. U Po Kyin tries to claim credit but is disbelieved and Dr. Veraswami's prestige is restored.
Centaur, not familiar with Hoffer but will add him to the reading list.
ReplyDeleteThanks, BWB--if 'twern't for powdah, and for storebought hair, you can bet that I wouldn't go nowhere.
ReplyDeleteOR--dammit, now I really have to reread that.
ReplyDeleteRedskins got a touchdown -- whadya know!
ReplyDeleteSo what is Zorn doing there on the sideline -- reading the newspaper?
Centaur has made Hoffer that can't be refused.
ReplyDeleteHere you are, Geepers. Enjoy!
ReplyDeletelike the bed of Procrustes.
ReplyDeleteHey hey hey! Who mentioned "pro-Krusty"?
"Pro-Krusty" is a footnote in my Master's Theseus.
ReplyDeleteGeepers, we need to get our minds right!
ReplyDeleteI knew a cheerleader in high school who's nickname was "crusty" but I don't know if she ever went pro.
ReplyDeleteMike Vick tucked the ball -- he must have learned that in prison.
ReplyDeleteMised nuts on the bar!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the nuts, Brandy.
ReplyDelete"Pro-Krusty" is a footnote in my Master's Theseus.
ReplyDeleteWas that before or after Theseus iced the Minotaur?
:) Good night BSM.
Brandy, yum. Much nicer than a bowl of peanuts, unshelled.
ReplyDelete'Russian road roulette' plagues streets of Sofia
ReplyDeleteA new game, known as "Russian road roulette", is played every night at intersections throughout the Bulgarian capital.
As many as five people have been killed and many injured since the craze took hold in the summer. According to the rules, participants must drive at top speed and not apply their brakes.
The 50 or so drivers, most of them in their twenties and driving sports utility vehicles, gather at midnight at designated meeting points in the north of the city.
While lookouts watch for the police, the participants decide on the venue for the night. Other gang members are informed via texts and the gambling starts.
To win at Russian road roulette, the driver must jump red lights at busy crossroads at full speed and not collide with another vehicle, pedestrian or leave the road. If he hits an object, he loses the bet. Onlookers also take part by gambling on the outcome.
In a variation of the game, drivers approach roundabouts at high speed and go around the wrong way. Rivals also race each other along the dual carriageway of the city's ring road. On some occasions the gangs have even blocked sections of the highway to other traffic while the race takes place.
/the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat
hmmmm ... my drink seems to have evaporated. Must do something about that.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome Lucius. They're always good with a gin martini.
ReplyDeletebuzzsawmonkey said...
ReplyDelete"Pro-Krusty" is a footnote in my Master's Theseus.
You know we ar go nauts whenever you make these puns.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHere's another, Lucius.
ReplyDeleteThanks Brandy -- it's been a hell of a day.
ReplyDeleteBrandy,
ReplyDeleteGeepers, we need to get our minds right!
True dat.
I want to go to Africa
I kind of had a day like that. Everything went wrong.
ReplyDeleteLove at First Bite
ReplyDeleteMusic starts at about 1 min. 20 secs.
Time to check the kids homework status. Goodnight all.
ReplyDeleteWeet dreams snowcrash. Good to see you!
ReplyDeleteBuenas noches.
ReplyDeleteHasta la vista, OR! Gracias.
ReplyDeleteI'll be heading out for the evening. Great to see everyone. Feel free to take your drinks upstairs------------------------------------>
ReplyDeleteOccasional Reader said...
ReplyDeleteYou know we ar go nauts whenever you make these puns.
---
I know a doctor who says that all the ar go nauts have harpies.
Hey, comments still haven't been closed for this thread! The newer thread has, essentially, me talking to myself! And while that is frequently amusing and/or enlightening, it helps to have others to sound off to or to listen to.
ReplyDeleteAnyone still around on THIS thread?!?