I splurged the last of my energy on the triple post. I am now way up past my bed time. Have yourself a good night Brandy, and I may see you tomorrow night.
PaladinPhil said... Quick test, we went by five posts and my avatar showed up.
That's happened before.
When Kosh's Shadow, or someone with a similar blogspot avatar, posts within the first 5 posts, you'll still get 5 posts with avatars, but it seems like 6.
A blonde goes to her local pet store in search of an 'exotic' pet. As she looks about the store, she notices a box FULL of live frogs. The sign says: 'SEX FROGS'
Only $20 each! Comes with 'complete' instructions. The girl excitedly looks around to see if anybody's watching her. She whispers softly to the man behind the counter, 'I'll TAKE one!'
As the man packages the frog, he quietly says to her, 'Just follow the instructions!
The blonde nods, grabs the box, and is quickly on her way home.
As soon as she closes the door to her apartment, she opens the instructions and reads them very carefully. She does EXACTLY what is specified: 1. Take a shower. 2. Splash on some nice perfume 3. Slip into a very sexy nightie. 4. Crawl into bed and place the frog down beside you, and allow the frog to do what he has been trained to do.
She then quickly gets into bed with the frog and to her surprise . . . NOTHING happens!
The blonde is very disappointed and quite upset at this point. She re-reads the instructions and notices at the bottom of the paper it says, 'If you have any problems or questions, please call the pet store.'
So, she calls the pet store. The man says, 'I'll be right over.' Within minutes, the man is ringing her doorbell.
The blonde welcomes him in and says, 'See, I've done everything according to the instructions. The damn frog just SITS there!'
The man . . . looking very concerned, picks up the frog, stares 'directly into its eyes' and STERNLY says: 'LISTEN TO ME!! I'm only going to show you how to do this ONE ... MORE ... TIME!!!'
Was the weather bad? I had a skid into another car (no injury, and damage only to my car) when the brakes locked on dry pavement. I later found there were some bad suspension components and the wheels were way out of alignment.
The weather was bad. There's a curve on 280, just south of the 92 split, and we were changing lanes when we hit water. We hydroplaned - you could feel the car lift, and then we were spinning. Really spinning. Somewhere between four and seven complete spins.
My luck was riding with me, because we didn't hit anything but the median. I couldn't quite believe it.
The right front tire is toast, and the back didn't look too good, either; the car was not drivable, and we lost a contour panel about 30 yards from where we stopped.
Once, I was driving on 495 in Mass, in a snowstorm. Everyone was going slow. One car spun around; didn't hit anything. Everyone slowed down. Except the idiot in the car, who started passing everyone - on the right.
@Pi guy: NYT "just a gigolo" --- to the Gray Old Lady, heh.
Meanwhile, Instapundit has been having a field day. Here is one goodie he linked: "When you’ve got Helen Thomas, the NYT, and The Nation lining up against you, it’s time to admit defeat, boys. But alas, Axelrod and Emanuel can’t help themselves."
And that [sarc]extremist right-wing teabagger site[/sarc], Firedoglake: "An excise tax on high-end health insurance benefits is an extremely regressive tax on the middle class." Ann Althouse: well, duh (she's been pointing that out for months, BTW). "But", Instapundit snarks, the President has spoken!
I'm doing OK, but I wanted to be getting ready for bed a while ago. My wife is preparing for trial; her hosting service for her web and email lost her email settings but fortunately fixed it within 1/2 hour (and for $5/month; only problem in 2 years) And I got inspired and am largely through the climax of the story I've been writing. I might just leave the ending for tomorrow, or later today, as it is tomorrow where I am. I hope I'm not making sense
File this away in the “I told you so” budget commentary section. Last April, legislators hobbled together nearly $5 billion in one-time funds to balance the budget–including about $3 billion in federal stimulus funds ($4.1 billion total if you count the 2007-09 supplemental). In their eagerness to gobble up as many dollars as the feds would offer, legislators (and Governor Gregoire) forgot two of the most fundamental life lessons in a world of scarce resources.
First, there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Second, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. The stimulus money is no exception. The stimulus strings that were practically invisible from the budget debate during the 2009 legislative session are finally making a public appearance as legislators begin discussing next year’s expected billion dollar-plus budget hole.
Finally Free - you are on FIRE tonight - this time I'm talking about the fake Chambers of Commerce "news report" and attempted fake press meeting, interrupted only when a genuine rep of the Chamber of Commerce showed up, denounce them as frauds and SHOULDA SAID that group's actions in defrauding y'all is the same kind of Fraud being perpetrated by Congress and the Administration." MY RESUME GOES TO THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCER TOMORROW! LOL!
Another Powerline goodie: a German think tank --- the Institute for Economic Research of the North Rhine-Westphalia region [which includes Germany's industrial heartland, the Ruhr area] --- published a report on the German experience with creating "green jobs" in the renewable energy area. Some snippets:
"Proponents of renewable energies often regard the requirement for more workers to produce a given amount of energy as a benefit, failing to recognize that this lowers the output potential of the economy and is hence counterproductive to net job creation. Significant research shows that initial employment benefits from renewable policies soon turn negative as additional costs are incurred."
"In the end, Germany's PV [solar energy] promotion has become a subsidization regime that, on a per-worker basis, has reached a level that far exceeds average wages, with per-worker subsidies as high as 175,000 € (US $ 240,000)."
"Claims about technological innovation benefits of Germany's first-actor status are unsupportable. In fact, the regime appears to be counterproductive in that respect, stifling innovation by encouraging producers to lock into existing technologies."
"It is most likely that whatever jobs are created by renewable energy promotion would vanish as soon as government support is terminated, leaving only Germany's export sector to benefit from the possible continuation of renewables support in other countries such as the US."
"Although Germany's promotion of renewable energies is commonly portrayed in the media as setting a "shining example in providing a harvest for the world" (The Guardian 2007), we would instead regard the country's experience as a cautionary tale of massively expensive environmental and energy policy that is devoid of economic and environmental benefits."
JCM - well I guess we need SO MUCH CIRCUMSTANTIAL AND - AS IN LINK I SENT TO YOU ABOVE -DIRECT EVIDENCE OF THE FED'S desire to essentially do away with State's who take Fed money as will be required to attract the attention of the MSM. I mean, what's the Fed gonna do to a State that takes, say, Federal money for mortgage assistance to the needy and can't pay it back? It sure as hell isn't gonna foreclose on a State, but, as with banks under TARP (think Ken Lewis of Bank of America) could the Fed not stop state lawmakers from getting raises? Make 'em cough up dough they've already received? What is SO PAINFUL to see here is the ABSOLUTE ARROGANCE OF THE LEFT IN THIS COUNTRY, LED BY THE BIGGEST LEFTIST s.o.b. IN TOWN, BARACK H. OBAMA, hisownself!
Hey Kosh's Shadow "Nobody in the Nobel Prize Winning Obama administration anyway." Indeed, nor did any of the Iranians who protested against the phony elections back in, ah, June, as well. Fucking Obama's arrogance and Narcissitic personality disorder ONCE AGAIN allows him to abandon folks - in this case Iran - who protested phony election results with many of them being BADLY BEATEN and some of them MURDERED and he never, NOT ONCE,denounced the Iranian Regime or use the words Freedom and Democracy in what he did say, so as to not jeopardize HIS chances to walk on water and bring about a peaceful, democratic Iran witout Iran having a nuclear weapon. I am SERIOUSLY AFRAID that Obama's arrogance is gonna get a LOT of people Killed.
And Pi Guy - from your link: "A United States-based organization’s conference on breast cancer awareness, to be hosted in Egypt, has been touted by international news networks as an example of “unprecedented cooperation” in the region. However, according to Channel 2 news, the celebration of unity may be premature, as Israeli doctors were told at the last minute that their invitations to participate had been rescinded." And this OUTRAGEOUS CONDUCT by an Nation who is "at peace" with Israel and who still receives OVER TWO BILLION BUCK FROM THE U.S. is not reported, not one damned word by the MSM. Fuck.
And this OUTRAGEOUS CONDUCT by an Nation who is "at peace" with Israel and who still receives OVER TWO BILLION BUCK FROM THE U.S. is not reported, not one damned word by the MSM. Fuck.
...But almost expectable from a Jimmy Carter-negotiated peace.
Ah, sorry y'all just noticed the time and I HAVE to go to sleep NOW. Damnit. Anyway, I hope y'all have a great evening/early morning and that I get the chance to see you all down the road.
Realwest said... Pi Guy - I appreciate your sentiments about that well known Racist and Anti-Semite but HONESTLY think that this deserves more and better coverage.
I've been trying for months to get Pinkie to do her own blog, but at least for now, she's going to write for us here! We are fortunate.
I think there are a lot of interesting psychological angles in politics - for one thing, liberals seem to function as children. They seek to continue childhood by having their needs met by someone else, don't seem to appreciate things they didn't have to fight or work for, and seem in a constant state of rebellion against their "parents" (conservatives).
Here is one more for the road: more examples of the "dissent is now un-American" meme. ----------------------------- littleoldlady said... Hi FF! :-)
You're young, aren't you? ;-)
I wonder if he's young enough to recognize that the headline, "I Learned It From Watching You, America-Hating Rupert!" is a parody of the punchline from this 1987 Anti-Drug PSA.
When it was first aired, it was talked about quite a bit. So much so that people still remember it.
And one more while already on the road: it seems that the site of the new AGW-skeptic movie Not evil, just wrong is under some sort of primitive DDoS attack.
You know the scene in Moonstruck where the grandfather is sitting at the table with tears streaming down his face, and (I think it was) Olympia Dukakis turns to him and says, "Pop. What's the matter?"
Finally Free said... And one more while already on the road: it seems that the site of the new AGW-skeptic movie Not evil, just wrong is under some sort of primitive DDoS attack.
Is it just me, or do the DDoS attackers always seem to forget about things like Google cache and archives?
You know the scene in Moonstruck where the grandfather is sitting at the table with tears streaming down his face, and (I think it was) Olympia Dukakis turns to him and says, "Pop. What's the matter?"
I'm here first?
ReplyDeleteWoooT I gets an avatar. :)
ReplyDeleteYes and I am now third as well.
ReplyDeleteLook at my nice little doggie. :)
ReplyDelete/going for the hat trick.
Oh my! Awake people!
ReplyDeleteI splurged the last of my energy on the triple post. I am now way up past my bed time. Have yourself a good night Brandy, and I may see you tomorrow night.
ReplyDeleteGoodnight, dear Phil. Sleep well. :-)
ReplyDeleteQuick test, we went by five posts and my avatar showed up.
ReplyDeletePaladinPhil said...
ReplyDeleteQuick test, we went by five posts and my avatar showed up.
That's happened before.
When Kosh's Shadow, or someone with a similar blogspot avatar, posts within the first 5 posts, you'll still get 5 posts with avatars, but it seems like 6.
Oh, joy.
ReplyDeleteI'm finally home.
I was in a single-car accident - my spider spun out on 280. It must have been quite a sight.
No one's hurt, but the car was towed away, and I suspect it's dead.
Naturally, I'd just finished paying it off in April.
Broncos! Broncos! Broncos!
ReplyDeleteI almost believe....
We'll see how they do in the coming weeks against the Ravens and Steelers
wow...I hope you are ok, Dianna. Sorry to hear about the car
ReplyDeleteDD, I'm fine. The car...we will see.
ReplyDeleteHope ya got that little Gieco Lizard working on it now.
ReplyDeleteInsurance is a very reassuring thing.
ReplyDeleteThe Blonde and the "SEX FROG"
ReplyDeleteA blonde goes to her local pet store in search of an 'exotic' pet. As she looks about the store, she notices a box FULL of live frogs.
The sign says:
'SEX FROGS'
Only $20 each!
Comes with 'complete' instructions.
The girl excitedly looks around to see if anybody's watching her. She whispers softly to the man behind the counter, 'I'll TAKE one!'
As the man packages the frog, he quietly says to her, 'Just follow the instructions!
The blonde nods, grabs the box, and is quickly on her way home.
As soon as she closes the door to her apartment, she opens the instructions and reads them very carefully. She does EXACTLY what is specified:
1. Take a shower.
2. Splash on some nice perfume
3. Slip into a very sexy nightie.
4. Crawl into bed and place the frog down beside you, and allow the frog to do what he has been trained to do.
She then quickly gets into bed with the frog and to her surprise . . . NOTHING happens!
The blonde is very disappointed and quite upset at this point. She re-reads the instructions and notices at the bottom of the paper it says, 'If you have any problems or questions, please call the pet store.'
So, she calls the pet store. The man says, 'I'll be right over.' Within minutes, the man is ringing her doorbell.
The blonde welcomes him in and says, 'See, I've done everything according to the instructions. The damn frog just SITS there!'
The man . . . looking very concerned, picks up the frog, stares 'directly into its eyes' and STERNLY says:
'LISTEN TO ME!!
I'm only going to show you how to do this
ONE ... MORE ... TIME!!!'
Good night all....gotta help Son #3 with his school project!
ReplyDeleteKoran boy's skin mystery
ReplyDeleteA BABY boy has left doctors baffled after passages from the Koran were found on his skin.
The parents of nine-month-old Ali Yakubov were stunned when the word Allah appeared on his chin soon after his birth.
Since then scores of writings in Arabic script have emerged on his back, arms, legs and stomach.
Amazingly his family claim the old markings vanish before the new words arrive — twice a week.
Medics say they cannot explain his mysterious condition — but deny that the marks are from someone writing on the child's skin.
/miracle or child abuse?
Evening.....
ReplyDeleteAnybody smuggle a cooler out of the PUB?
I was in a single-car accident - my spider spun out on 280. It must have been quite a sight.
ReplyDeleteNo one's hurt, but the car was towed away, and I suspect it's dead.
Naturally, I'd just finished paying it off in April.
I'm glad you're okay! Sounds like an awful lot of damage to your car. Thank goodness no one got hurt.
[CC tosses the Pub keys to JCM.]
ReplyDeleteDianna!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are OKAY!
Too bad 'bout the car....
Glad you are safe Dianna.
ReplyDeleteWas the weather bad?
I had a skid into another car (no injury, and damage only to my car) when the brakes locked on dry pavement. I later found there were some bad suspension components and the wheels were way out of alignment.
Corre∫pondence Committee said...
ReplyDelete[CC tosses the Pub keys to JCM.]
Thanks, one of those days.... 3 priority gotta have now projects, till a higher priority came along.
Desert Dog said...
ReplyDeleteThe Blonde and the "SEX FROG"
I love it!
That reminds me of this (everybody sing!):
My Bunny Lies Over My Doggy
(sung to the tune of "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean")
My pets were out practicing football.
My frog intercepted a pass.
My cat and my dog and my bunny
then tackled him flat on the grass.
My bunny lies over my doggy.
My doggie's on top of my cat.
My kitty is over my froggy,
and that's why my froggy is flat.
CHORUS
Green splat. Green splat.
Oh, that's why my froggy is flat, like that.
Green splat. Green splat.
Oh, that's why my froggy is flat.
My froggy's as flat as a pancake.
A paper-thin froggy's the worst.
He cannot eat flies now for dinner
except when I flatten them first.
CHORUS
If you see your pets playing football,
it's best if you bring them inside
or you may end up with a froggy
who's flattened and seven feet wide.
CHORUS
The weather was bad. There's a curve on 280, just south of the 92 split, and we were changing lanes when we hit water. We hydroplaned - you could feel the car lift, and then we were spinning. Really spinning. Somewhere between four and seven complete spins.
ReplyDeleteMy luck was riding with me, because we didn't hit anything but the median. I couldn't quite believe it.
The right front tire is toast, and the back didn't look too good, either; the car was not drivable, and we lost a contour panel about 30 yards from where we stopped.
I'm still shaky, but at least no one was hurt.
Awwwww,
ReplyDeleteThe New York Times plans 8% newsroom staff cuts
{{{Dianna}}}
ReplyDeleteThanks, folks.
ReplyDeleteAt least I'm still here.
JCM said...
ReplyDeleteAwwwww,
The New York Times plans 8% newsroom staff cuts
I was just reading that over at JammieWearingFool: Antique Media Relic Cuts Another 100 Jobs!
Good thing you are safe.
ReplyDeleteOnce, I was driving on 495 in Mass, in a snowstorm. Everyone was going slow. One car spun around; didn't hit anything. Everyone slowed down.
Except the idiot in the car, who started passing everyone - on the right.
JCM said...
ReplyDeleteAwwwww,
The New York Times plans 8% newsroom staff cuts
And now, some appropriate music for this moment, from the point of view of the New York Times.
(Isn't FOX News supposed to be the one losing out? ;)
Sober up? I ain't drunk yet!
ReplyDeleteHowdy, Bat!
ReplyDeletehowdy, 3.14159265
ReplyDeleteBat Guano, did you ever answer to the Coca-Cola company?
ReplyDelete--Group Lieutenant Lionel Mandrake
BatGuano said...
ReplyDeletehowdy, 3.14159265
He doesn't answer to anything less than 100 places.......
JCM said...
ReplyDeleteBatGuano said...
howdy, 3.14159265
He doesn't answer to anything less than 100 places.......
Actually, in this case it's pretty fair. His name is Bat Guano, and I only called him Bat, so it works out.
;)
Mandrake (if that's you're real name), you have assumed responsibility.
ReplyDeleteJCM, don't ya' just hate mathematical eggheads? ;
ReplyDeleteWhere's my avatar, ya commie bastards!
ReplyDeleteG'evening/morning all!
ReplyDelete@Pi guy: NYT "just a gigolo" --- to the Gray Old Lady, heh.
Meanwhile, Instapundit has been having a field day. Here is one goodie he linked: "When you’ve got Helen Thomas, the NYT, and The Nation lining up against you, it’s time to admit defeat, boys. But alas, Axelrod and Emanuel can’t help themselves."
BatGuano said...
ReplyDeleteJCM, don't ya' just hate mathematical eggheads? ;
LOL, I'm not a math guy....
But I can look at O-scope wave form and read it in my head in hex.
That's pretty sick even to me......
Good eveer, morning y'all! How is everyone doing this fine morning? Or evening as the time zone may indicate?!?
ReplyDeleteAnd that [sarc]extremist right-wing teabagger site[/sarc], Firedoglake: "An excise tax on high-end health insurance benefits is an extremely regressive tax on the middle class." Ann Althouse: well, duh (she's been pointing that out for months, BTW). "But", Instapundit snarks, the President has spoken!
ReplyDelete/The One just might close us down, if we don't get rid of the US flags ASAP.
ReplyDeleteGoodnight, all. Hello, I must be going!
ReplyDeleteHowler of the day: at the British NHS (National Health Service), over 3,000 staff get private health insurance on the taxpayer's dime so they don't have to deal with their own queues anymore.
ReplyDeleteHey there Finally Free - that was a really good link you provided to Instapundit and comment too! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI'm doing OK, but I wanted to be getting ready for bed a while ago.
ReplyDeleteMy wife is preparing for trial; her hosting service for her web and email lost her email settings but fortunately fixed it within 1/2 hour (and for $5/month; only problem in 2 years)
And I got inspired and am largely through the climax of the story I've been writing.
I might just leave the ending for tomorrow, or later today, as it is tomorrow where I am.
I hope I'm not making sense
Ah Finally Free I meant the link to the Old Gray Lady and all!
ReplyDeleteBatGuano said...
ReplyDeleteGoodnight, all. Hello, I must be going!
Take care! That was quick.
And another on the British NHS! Thankew again!
ReplyDeleteBBIAM!!
What a crazy sports day!
ReplyDeletePi Guy, you beat me to it, but I like this one better
ReplyDeleteG'nite, all! I am half asleep, and just hate the lines the keyboard make on my face when I fall asleep on it.
ReplyDeleteSweet dreams!
Heh, I've been commenting on this since the WA State budget came out.
ReplyDeleteNice to get some confirmation.
Guest Blog: Stimulus Strings Will Hobble Budget Options in 2010
File this away in the “I told you so” budget commentary section. Last April, legislators hobbled together nearly $5 billion in one-time funds to balance the budget–including about $3 billion in federal stimulus funds ($4.1 billion total if you count the 2007-09 supplemental). In their eagerness to gobble up as many dollars as the feds would offer, legislators (and Governor Gregoire) forgot two of the most fundamental life lessons in a world of scarce resources.
First, there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Second, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. The stimulus money is no exception. The stimulus strings that were practically invisible from the budget debate during the 2009 legislative session are finally making a public appearance as legislators begin discussing next year’s expected billion dollar-plus budget hole.
"Layers of fact-checkers" again: CNBC, Reuters punked on climate change story.
ReplyDeleteYou know, if the MSM (heh) work at it some more they might reach the journalistic standards of our high school newspaper ;-)
Hey JCM - you ain't seen noting yet:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE59I47Y20091019?feedType=nl&feedName=ustopnewslate
Man are the Dem states (and probably some Replican states gonna go batshit over this one!
Um, say, CC, could y'all shoot me an e-mail, please?
ReplyDeleteThanks ever so much!
And in another "beautiful" example of "limousine liberal" condescension, Yankee Stadium visitors were treated to Robert Redford preaching to them on the scoreboards to scale back their standard of living in order to combat gorebull worming.
ReplyDeleteRealwest said...
ReplyDeleteHey JCM - you ain't seen noting yet:
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE59I47Y20091019?feedType=nl&feedName=ustopnewslate
Man are the Dem states (and probably some Replican states gonna go batshit over this one!
As if once wasn't enough.
How much circumstantial evidence do we need to conclude the economic take down is intentional?
Welcome to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Conference - Unless you're a Jew!
ReplyDeleteFinally Free - you are on FIRE tonight - this time I'm talking about the fake Chambers of Commerce "news report" and attempted fake press meeting, interrupted only when a genuine rep of the Chamber of Commerce showed up, denounce them as frauds and SHOULDA SAID that group's actions in defrauding y'all is the same kind of Fraud being perpetrated by Congress and the Administration."
ReplyDeleteMY RESUME GOES TO THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCER TOMORROW! LOL!
Pi Guy said...
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Conference - Unless you're a Jew!
How much cancer research done in the Islamic world?
How much cancer research done in Israel?
Case closed.
Obama Signs Executive Order Issuing Blanket Denial of Vice President’s Future Remarks
ReplyDelete/Yeah, it's satire.
//Not a bad idea, though
JCM said...
ReplyDeletePi Guy said...
Welcome to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Conference - Unless you're a Jew!
How much cancer research done in the Islamic world?
How much cancer research done in Israel?
Case closed.
Exactly!
Another Powerline goodie: a German think tank --- the Institute for Economic Research of the North Rhine-Westphalia region [which includes Germany's industrial heartland, the Ruhr area] --- published a report on the German experience with creating "green jobs" in the renewable energy area. Some snippets:
ReplyDelete"Proponents of renewable energies often regard the requirement for more workers to produce a given amount of energy as a benefit, failing to recognize that this lowers the output potential of the economy and is hence counterproductive to net job creation. Significant research shows that initial employment benefits from renewable policies soon turn negative as additional costs are incurred."
"In the end, Germany's PV [solar energy] promotion has become a subsidization regime that, on a per-worker basis, has reached a level that far exceeds average wages, with per-worker subsidies as high as 175,000 € (US $ 240,000)."
"Claims about technological innovation benefits of Germany's first-actor status are unsupportable. In fact, the regime appears to be counterproductive in that respect, stifling innovation by encouraging producers to lock into existing technologies."
"It is most likely that whatever jobs are created by renewable energy promotion would vanish as soon as government support is terminated, leaving only Germany's export sector to benefit from the possible continuation of renewables support in other countries such as the US."
"Although Germany's promotion of renewable energies is commonly portrayed in the media as setting a "shining example in providing a harvest for the world" (The Guardian 2007), we would instead regard the country's experience as a cautionary tale of massively expensive environmental and energy policy that is devoid of economic and environmental benefits."
And in case 15 other people haven't linked it yet, Iran double-crosses 0bama. Read and weep.
ReplyDeleteFinally Free said...
ReplyDeleteAnd in case 15 other people haven't linked it yet, Iran double-crosses 0bama. Read and weep.
Oh gee. I am shocked. How could they do this. I bet nobody saw this coming.
JCM - well I guess we need SO MUCH CIRCUMSTANTIAL AND - AS IN LINK I SENT TO YOU ABOVE -DIRECT EVIDENCE OF THE FED'S desire to essentially do away with State's who take Fed money as will be required to attract the attention of the MSM.
ReplyDeleteI mean, what's the Fed gonna do to a State that takes, say, Federal money for mortgage assistance to the needy and can't pay it back? It sure as hell isn't gonna foreclose on a State, but, as with banks under TARP (think Ken Lewis of Bank of America) could the Fed not stop state lawmakers from getting raises? Make 'em cough up dough they've already received?
What is SO PAINFUL to see here is the ABSOLUTE ARROGANCE OF THE LEFT IN THIS COUNTRY, LED BY THE BIGGEST LEFTIST s.o.b. IN TOWN, BARACK H. OBAMA, hisownself!
Finally Free said...
ReplyDeleteAnd in case 15 other people haven't linked it yet, Iran double-crosses 0bama. Read and weep.
Hope and Change meets reality.
And in case 15 other people haven't linked it yet, Iran double-crosses 0bama. Read and weep.
ReplyDeleteOK, 0bama, lesson 1...
Pi Guy said...
ReplyDeleteFinally Free said...
And in case 15 other people haven't linked it yet, Iran double-crosses 0bama. Read and weep.
Oh gee. I am shocked. How could they do this. I bet nobody saw this coming.
Nobody in the Nobel Prize Winning Obama administration anyway.
Nobody in the Nobel Prize Winning Obama administration anyway.
ReplyDeleteWhirled Peas in a centrifuge!
Hey Kosh's Shadow "Nobody in the Nobel Prize Winning Obama administration anyway." Indeed, nor did any of the Iranians who protested against the phony elections back in, ah, June, as well.
ReplyDeleteFucking Obama's arrogance and Narcissitic personality disorder ONCE AGAIN allows him to abandon folks - in this case Iran - who protested phony election results with many of them being BADLY BEATEN and some of them MURDERED and he never, NOT ONCE,denounced the Iranian Regime or use the words Freedom and Democracy in what he did say, so as to not jeopardize HIS chances to walk on water and bring about a peaceful, democratic Iran witout Iran having a nuclear weapon.
I am SERIOUSLY AFRAID that Obama's arrogance is gonna get a LOT of people Killed.
Goodnight, finally done.
ReplyDeleteRealwest, I agree. I hope Israel is planning covert action, because that is something they might get away with.
ReplyDeleteAnd we'll have to talk more tomorrow. Heading to bed
And Pi Guy - from your link:
ReplyDelete"A United States-based organization’s conference on breast cancer awareness, to be hosted in Egypt, has been touted by international news networks as an example of “unprecedented cooperation” in the region. However, according to Channel 2 news, the celebration of unity may be premature, as Israeli doctors were told at the last minute that their invitations to participate had been rescinded."
And this OUTRAGEOUS CONDUCT by an Nation who is "at peace" with Israel and who still receives OVER TWO BILLION BUCK FROM THE U.S. is not reported, not one damned word by the MSM.
Fuck.
Um, say, CC, could y'all shoot me an e-mail, please?
ReplyDeleteThanks ever so much!
Hey, realwest - I was scheduling tomorrow and got all myopic there. Do you still need email?
Realwest said...
ReplyDeleteAnd this OUTRAGEOUS CONDUCT by an Nation who is "at peace" with Israel and who still receives OVER TWO BILLION BUCK FROM THE U.S. is not reported, not one damned word by the MSM.
Fuck.
...But almost expectable from a Jimmy Carter-negotiated peace.
Hey CC - yes I do! Thank you very much!
ReplyDeletePi Guy - I appreciate your sentiments about that well known Racist and Anti-Semite but HONESTLY think that this deserves more and better coverage.
ReplyDeleteAh, sorry y'all just noticed the time and I HAVE to go to sleep NOW. Damnit.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I hope y'all have a great evening/early morning and that I get the chance to see you all down the road.
Good night, all.
Realwest said...
ReplyDeletePi Guy - I appreciate your sentiments about that well known Racist and Anti-Semite but HONESTLY think that this deserves more and better coverage.
I agree that it should have wider coverage.
G'Nite, Realwest!
ReplyDeleteGood night, realwest!
ReplyDeletePi, real asked that I put the breast cancer/anti-Semitism story in the Broadside tomorrow, so I did and I hat-tipped you, with an assist from him.
Hope I got that right; if I'm missing something or someone, please let me know.
And in case 15 other people haven't linked it yet, Iran double-crosses 0bama. Read and weep.
ReplyDeleteI hadn't seen it yet, F2. UGH.
Corre∫pondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteGood night, realwest!
Pi, real asked that I put the breast cancer/anti-Semitism story in the Broadside tomorrow, so I did and I hat-tipped you, with an assist from him.
Hope I got that right; if I'm missing something or someone, please let me know.
That sounds good!
I discovered it at Gateway Pundit, so they should get a hat tip, as well.
Israel National News originally published the story.
#Breast cancer: good catch, Realwest!
ReplyDeleteNote to all: Gateway Pundit apparently moved house to the First Things website, but the old address has an auto-redirect in place.
New address: http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/
Finally Free said...
ReplyDelete#Breast cancer: good catch, Realwest!
Thanks.
Oh, yeah - I linked to Gateway Pundit, actually, and mentioned the site by name. Thanks again, Pi.
ReplyDeleteOur own Carl in Jerusalem has it also - I linked to him, too.
ReplyDeleteCNN asks psychiatrist why people listen to Rush Limbaugh.
ReplyDeleteOh, brother.
@CC #CNN psychiatrist: good heavens. I wonder what Dr. Pat Santy would have to say about the subject. She would love to discuss it, I am sure!
ReplyDeleteF2, interesting link! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI've been trying for months to get Pinkie to do her own blog, but at least for now, she's going to write for us here! We are fortunate.
I think there are a lot of interesting psychological angles in politics - for one thing, liberals seem to function as children. They seek to continue childhood by having their needs met by someone else, don't seem to appreciate things they didn't have to fight or work for, and seem in a constant state of rebellion against their "parents" (conservatives).
That's my theory, anyway. : )
BBIAB, gotta go manage the household money.
ReplyDeleteOkay, Pi Guy! Good to see a fellow nightowl, if only briefly.
ReplyDeleteWould you please go wake littleoldlady up when you're done there? ; )
littleoldlady is up and throwing coffee into her eyes...
ReplyDelete/sorta up, anyway ;-)
Good morning, LoL!
ReplyDeleteHere is one more for the road: more examples of the "dissent is now un-American" meme.
I thought "dissent was the highest form of patriotism" and that this president was going to be a post-partisan one. But That Was Yesterday.
Good morning lol!
ReplyDeleteF2, that "dissent is cool" record scratched to a halt on January 20th.
Hi FF! :-)
ReplyDeleteYou're young, aren't you? ;-)
This is what I thought that song was going to be.
CC! :-)
ReplyDeleteI feel as though I have a consonant stutter. ;-)
Corre∫pondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteOkay, Pi Guy! Good to see a fellow nightowl, if only briefly.
Would you please go wake littleoldlady up when you're done there? ; )
I'm back, but I couldn't find littleoldlady, in her bed and, oh! Hey!
Good morning, littleoldlady!
That cute furry thing with her head on my pillow is Roxanne the dog who practices her humanity every morning when I get out of bed.
ReplyDeleteThe other furry thing is Valerie the cat, who sleeps wherever she damn pleases, thank you very much.
Oh, and the third furry thing is talloldman who is normally shoved into a far corner of the bed by the dog and the cat.
Pi Guy! :-)
Finally Free said...
ReplyDeleteGood morning, LoL!
Here is one more for the road: more examples of the "dissent is now un-American" meme.
-----------------------------
littleoldlady said...
Hi FF! :-)
You're young, aren't you? ;-)
I wonder if he's young enough to recognize that the headline, "I Learned It From Watching You, America-Hating Rupert!" is a parody of the punchline from this 1987 Anti-Drug PSA.
When it was first aired, it was talked about quite a bit. So much so that people still remember it.
I remember it, Pi Guy. This one too.
ReplyDeletelittleoldlady said...
ReplyDeleteI remember it, Pi Guy. This one too.
How about this one?
I'm back, but I couldn't find littleoldlady, in her bed and, oh! Hey!
ReplyDeleteGood morning, littleoldlady!
Heh. A math geek AND a smartass. LOL ; )
Yup! That one, too.
ReplyDelete/shudder!
Smartgeek or mathass? ;-)
ReplyDeleteAnd one more while already on the road: it seems that the site of the new AGW-skeptic movie Not evil, just wrong is under some sort of primitive DDoS attack.
ReplyDeleteFor non-geeks:
ReplyDeleteDoS = Denial of Service
DDoS = Distributed Denial of Service
Corre∫pondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteI'm back, but I couldn't find littleoldlady, in her bed and, oh! Hey!
Good morning, littleoldlady!
Heh. A math geek AND a smartass. LOL ; )
Smartass is sort of a subset of math geek.
/What do you get when you cross an elephant and a grape?
//Elephant grape sine-of-theta
Q: What do you get if you divide the cirucmference of a jack-o-lantern by its diameter?
ReplyDeleteA: Pumpkin Pi!
Elephant grape sine-of-theta
ReplyDeleteYou know the scene in Moonstruck where the grandfather is sitting at the table with tears streaming down his face, and (I think it was) Olympia Dukakis turns to him and says, "Pop. What's the matter?"
Maybe it was Vincent Gardenia who asked...
Finally Free said...
ReplyDeleteAnd one more while already on the road: it seems that the site of the new AGW-skeptic movie Not evil, just wrong is under some sort of primitive DDoS attack.
Is it just me, or do the DDoS attackers always seem to forget about things like Google cache and archives?
Corre∫pondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteQ: What do you get if you divide the cirucmference of a jack-o-lantern by its diameter?
A: Pumpkin Pi!
For CC...
littleoldlady said...
You know the scene in Moonstruck where the grandfather is sitting at the table with tears streaming down his face, and (I think it was) Olympia Dukakis turns to him and says, "Pop. What's the matter?"
Maybe it was Vincent Gardenia who asked...
Nope. I've never seen Moonstruck. What happens?
The old man says, sobbing, "I'm confused!"
ReplyDelete/nevermind. you had to see the movie...
littleoldlady said...
ReplyDeleteThe old man says, sobbing, "I'm confused!"
/nevermind. you had to see the movie...
Perfect! That statement is the beginning of all true wisdom.
@Pi Guy: Google cache and archive are OK for just viewing pages, but not for buying the movie ;-)
ReplyDeleteIn this case, the archive.org copy is just a placeholder for the upcoming site ;-)
Here you go, Pi Guy.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy! :-)
BTW, ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
ReplyDelete