Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Liberty Pub - Halloween Edition - NIGHTMARE ON SQUATCH STREET



This coming Saturday is Halloween! C2 is celebrating all this week, by introducing liberty pub posts with a fun, scary Halloween classic!

A mysterious older man moves in next door to a boy who is a monster movie fan. Is this mysterious new neighbor a real vampire?

Courtesy of the New Twilight Zone comes the episode called MONSTERS!, starring Ralph Bellamy.

155 comments:

  1. I like the new Twilight Zone radio shows too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My old man's drunker than a barrel full of monkeys
    And my old lady she don't care
    My sister looks cute in her braces and boots
    A handful of grease in her hair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suggestion for later in the week: "Something Wicked This Way Comes."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it be untoward to repost something from this morning? Seems to fit the mood better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jorline! How's it kickin' down south?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a repost from downstairs.

    Sure is good to have you back, Squatch!! :-)

    Thx for that, BW.
    Damn good to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. doppelganglander said...

    Suggestion for later in the week: "Something Wicked This Way Comes."

    I must have made it here early.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone! :-)

    Brandy, may I have some of Erik's Glenmorangie?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just spent five wonderful days at the family ranch deep in the south TX brush.

    It's deer season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the spirit of open thread, and of "Oh, yeah? Sez you!" I am offering the lyrics from the floorshow number of one of my favorite films, the Paramount comedy "International House," which can be viewed in its entirety on YouTube, starting here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1KhF5OWsYo

    She Was a China Teacup

    She was a China teacup
    And he was a coffee mug
    When he would see that teacup
    It gave his heart a tug
    She was away above him
    High up on another shelf
    Still, he was sure she'd love him
    If he declared himself

    So, one day on the table he
    Was at her side by chance
    He seized this opportunity
    To start his big romance
    But when he began to speak up
    She gave him a nasty shrug
    She was a China teacup
    And he was just a mug

    The kettle on the hearth would sing to him
    The pretty little spoon would cling to him
    The napkin even offered her ring to him
    But none of these girls meant a thing to him

    A sugar bowl, sweetest little soul, wanted to console him
    But he was bent on just one goal, and no one could control him.
    There was a saucy saucer who met him at every meal
    She was a torso-tosser with lots of sex appeal

    Our handsome hero spurned their arms
    They could not make him stir
    Although they had the kind of charms
    That gentlemen prefer
    So all day long he would peek up
    At somebody proud and smug
    She was a China teacup
    And he was just a mug

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buzz -

    Where were you, Squatch? I'm always behind the curve.

    Obamacare killt my computater.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pink look out, SoS has his big clodhoppers out in the isle again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Squatch: You shoulda got money from Obama's stash!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suggestion for later in the week: "Something Wicked This Way Comes."

    I must have made it here early.


    DEZ, you can't fool us ....we know underneath that horrid exterior lies that heart of a sweetheart. :-)

    /besides, isn't Brandy the wicked one? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink Freud said...

    Jorline! Where ya been, dawg?!

    You have mail dear...I missed y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Pink !
    Evening, and your drink is on me please.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Evening mates, I am actually drinking! A toast to our fair nation, may we continue to confound our enemies, foreign and domestic.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jorline said...

    Just spent five wonderful days at the family ranch deep in the south TX brush.


    W00t! Sounds like fun! Get one?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pink Freud said...

    Suggestion for later in the week: "Something Wicked This Way Comes."

    I must have made it here early.

    DEZ, you can't fool us ....we know underneath that horrid exterior lies that heart of a sweetheart. :-)

    /besides, isn't Brandy the wicked one? ;-)


    There goes my reputation and Brandy's

    ReplyDelete
  20. Evening all.
    I still love Thriller.
    Michael: I'm not like other guys. I'm.....different.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Squatch said...

    Jorline !
    Goods to sees ya !


    Where in the hell have you been big guy? Good to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just spent five wonderful days at the family ranch deep in the south TX brush.

    Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jorline, how about a Tecate. Sure good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi DEZ, Hi Callahan!

    /I heard about those 24 inchers. I ain't sayin' nuthin'! : P

    ReplyDelete
  25. Something Wicked This Way Comes (trailer)

    Jason Robards, Jonathan Pryce, Diane Ladd, and the wonderful Mary Grace Canfield, who played Ralph the carpenter on "Green Acres." And I think I see DEZ in the back of the parade somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks Brandy! ...and thank you too, Squatch! SO nice to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  27. DEZ...hey you sawed off little green martian!

    You buying tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I understand that the home decorating channel is doing "Something Wicker This Way Comes" in honor of Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Squatch: You shoulda got money from Obama's stash!

    The paperwork is in limbo.
    The computer is toast.

    Just like the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Callahan23 said...

    Hi Jorline! How's it kickin' down south?

    Hey Cal...everything is good to go here...how are you?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jorline said...

    DEZ...hey you sawed off little green martian!

    You buying tonight?


    Sure, I abducted.... I mean, found a suitcase full of money.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Squatch, I've put a theme in the title of this thread for you, too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  33. Loflyer: Please send me your email info so that we can pack you up and bring you with us when we head over to the new place. (Just click on my nic.) Thank you!

    (I thought you'd sent it, but it's not in my list.)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Jorline, did you shoot Bambi's daddy?
    Bar Wench, hon, Bombay Sapphire and tonic. And one for buzzsaw, too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. CC, a Coke Zero or something? How ya doing?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Pink Freud said...

    W00t! Sounds like fun! Get one?

    Not open season yet. Just a lot of family fun, setting up blinds and big ass bonfires...lol

    ReplyDelete
  37. Where in the hell have you been big guy?

    Trying to find someone to take me deer hunting in TX.

    //

    Did you bag anything ?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Jorline - I am fine. Thanx

    Ah the great outdoors! I hope it brought you the rest, peace of mind and distraction you deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  39. LoFlyer said...

    Evening mates, I am actually drinking! A toast to our fair nation, may we continue to confound our enemies, foreign and domestic.....


    SALUT! Cheers, loflyer!

    ReplyDelete
  40. There goes my reputation and Brandy's

    Two-fer. : P

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Squatch, I've put a theme in the title of this thread for you, too. : )

    LMAO, I saw that. I'm in the same headline as MJ.
    What did I do to deserve that ??

    //

    ReplyDelete
  42. Well, deer season is open in Indiana, with bows anyway.
    And I managed to get an 8 point buck with my van opening day.

    ReplyDelete
  43. DEZ said...

    Jorline, did ya get a buck?

    Damn aliens...always asking for money.

    No, but I saw some big bucks...two 12 pointers.

    *buck fever*

    ReplyDelete
  44. Buzzsaw, line from a Walker Percy novel. Narrator is a shrink, seeing a patient. "I'm into Wicca now," she tells him.
    "Oh, good, handcrafts are healthy."

    ReplyDelete
  45. Jorline said...

    DEZ said...

    Jorline, did ya get a buck?

    Damn aliens...always asking for money.

    What can I say, I'm in a rut.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Jim: Well, good Wicca furniture is bewitching.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Bar Wench Brandy said...

    Jorline, how about a Tecate. Sure good to have you back!

    Thanks sweetheart...looking good tonight Brandy!

    ReplyDelete
  48. CC

    I think Squatch was just having computer problems, buzz - or, he was in prison. ; )

    I SAW THAT !!
    Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  49. And I managed to get an 8 point buck with my van opening day.

    Is there a probe angle to this story?

    ReplyDelete
  50. DEZ said...
    And I managed to get an 8 point buck with my van opening day.
    ---

    Hope the van and passengers are OK! My buddy hit so many deer back in the day that we painted "The Deer Slayer" on the hood of his ride.

    REMEMBER IF YOU ARE GOING TO HIT A DEER DO NOT HIT THE BRAKES. GRIP THE WHEEL TIGHT AND PLOW RIGHT THROUGH IT.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Pink Freud said...

    And I managed to get an 8 point buck with my van opening day.

    Is there a probe angle to this story?

    Well, I did shove most of the vans grill up his ass!

    ReplyDelete
  52. What can I say, I'm in a rut.

    I hear VA has some high quality Whitetail.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I will have to hit you tomorrow on that one PF, I only use my work email because of its spam-filters. (To many Viagra offers otherwise)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Somebody's drinking Tecate? Shouldn't that be Hecate, what with Halloween and all?

    ReplyDelete
  55. Squatch said...

    What can I say, I'm in a rut.

    I hear VA has some high quality Whitetail.


    What Doe you mean by that?

    ReplyDelete
  56. Corre∫pondence Committee said...

    JORLINE!!!!! WE HAVE MISSED YOU!!!

    Thanks CC, I missed y'all too!

    We have WiFi at the ranch, but it was locked down with a password no one could remember.

    I took a peak at the new C2...NICE!

    Congrats to Bare and everyone else involved.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I will have to hit you tomorrow on that one PF, I only use my work email because of its spam-filters. (To many Viagra offers otherwise)

    No prob, loflyer, thanks.

    /Not a Viagra-pusher ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  58. What Doe you mean by that?

    Just follow your Hart on.

    /did i just say that?

    ReplyDelete
  59. Jim in Virginia said...

    Jorline, did you shoot Bambi's daddy?

    Not yet...lol.

    How are you Jim?

    ReplyDelete
  60. How about some Pizza! Be careful though, it's hot.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Squatch said...

    Trying to find someone to take me deer hunting in TX.

    //

    Did you bag anything ?


    lmao...the season doesn't open for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  62. lmao...the season doesn't open for a few weeks.

    Sooooo ?

    //

    ReplyDelete
  63. On gods/goddeses of the crossroad, we can always rely on Robert Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  64. Callahan23 said...

    Jorline - I am fine. Thanx

    Ah the great outdoors! I hope it brought you the rest, peace of mind and distraction you deserved.


    You nailed that one Cal. I did need a break. We're about two hours away from the ranch...best place in the world to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  65. A blond lady went on her 1st deer hunting trip.
    Set up her stand and settled in to wait for her trophy.
    Her heart all aflutter, she saw her buck.
    She raised her gun and fired, came out off her stand and ran to her prize only to find a man with a knife kneeling beside it.
    She pointed her gun at him and said. "Thats my dear"
    The man looked up stunned, Okay lady okay!
    Just let me get my saddle off of it and you can have it.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I always wondered whether the Martini was named after the Martini-Henry rifle, since both of them can knock you over.

    ReplyDelete
  67. lmao...the season doesn't open for a few weeks.

    Sooooo ?


    Now Squatch, you know that's a bad eye deer.

    ReplyDelete
  68. On gods/goddeses of the crossroad, we can always rely on Robert Johnson

    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Now Squatch, you know that's a bad eye deer.

    I had to read that twice.
    Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  70. I haven't been keeping up with the threads from the day, but here is a question. How many would consider registering as a conservative rather than a republican if the choice was made available in your state?

    ReplyDelete
  71. On gods/goddeses of the crossroad, we can always rely on Robert Johnson

    Excellent!


    Seconded!

    ReplyDelete
  72. buzzsawmonkey said...

    "I always wondered whether the Martini was named after the Martini-Henry rifle, since both of them can knock you over."

    Beats my theory that its named after Dean Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I had to read that twice.
    Perfect!


    /grew up with deer hunters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  74. DEZ said...

    Pink Freud said...

    And I managed to get an 8 point buck with my van opening day.

    Is there a probe angle to this story?

    Well, I did shove most of the vans grill up his ass!


    lmao...was the grill 12 gauge?

    ReplyDelete
  75. Pink Freud said...

    I had to read that twice.
    Perfect!

    /grew up with deer hunters :-)


    Then you know how much fun Milkduds are.

    ReplyDelete
  76. DEZ--given that Kipling, in his poem "Fuzzy-Wuzzy," about the Sudan campaign, says,

    We sloshed you with Martinis, and it wasn't hardly fair

    which is probably intended as a pun on the Martini cocktail and the Martini rifle, I think there's a possiblity.

    ReplyDelete
  77. ...would consider registering as a conservative rather than a republican if the choice was made available in your state?

    Me. The Republican brand is near-ruined.

    ReplyDelete
  78. buzzsawmonkey said...

    Somebody's drinking Tecate? Shouldn't that be Hecate, what with Halloween and all?

    lol...will lime and salt go well with it?

    How are ya buzz?

    ReplyDelete
  79. Then you know how much fun Milkduds are.

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  80. I'm thinking of changing my voter registration to "Bite me," but I'm not sure which classification that falls under.

    ReplyDelete
  81. ET, thanks for the tune. Would you care for a drink?

    ReplyDelete
  82. Hey, Jorline--doin' OK. Have to leave shortly, though.

    ReplyDelete
  83. I would say your theory makes sense Buzz.
    I almost wanna look into it, and somehow I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  84. I haven't been keeping up with the threads from the day, but here is a question. How many would consider registering as a conservative rather than a republican if the choice was made available in your state?

    A really good question.
    What the hell is a Republican anymore anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  85. I'm thinking of changing my voter registration to "Bite me," but I'm not sure which classification that falls under.

    Either the Labor Party, or the Pirate Party, no? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  86. Arrrr matey, did I Martini the thread?!

    ReplyDelete
  87. The bite me party?
    Not even gonna touch that one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  88. Witches go round like Circe
    Witches fly high on a broom up in the sky-y...

    ReplyDelete
  89. I like that Pirate Party idea! LoFlyer can be our spokesman. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  90. Bar Wench Brandy said...

    Hi Brandy. Thanks for the offer but to be perfectly honest I've been nipping off a bottle of red wine over by the fireplace. I hid it last night behind Nancy Pelosi's book. As luck would have it, no one was interested in reading it and my wine remained. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  91. Squatch, I am not sure exactly what the Republican party stands for anymore, but I see many Democrats in my state that are a lot more thrifty than Republicans. Zell Miller was a Democrat from my state, and he walked away from a senate seat because he could not abide with pork politics of DC.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Well, its time this Alien went to the dark side of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Wo ho wo! I just had a nap at the desk.
    's late here and I seem to desperately need my zzz's.
    - - -
    Gals, guys 'n 'menschen'.
    See y'all down the road.
    I love {y’all) Really!

    ReplyDelete
  94. Arrr, matey! Shiver me timbers!
    A pirate party, with a barrel of rum!
    And wenches!

    ReplyDelete
  95. DEZ, there is no dark side of the Moon.
    (As a matter of fact, it's all dark)

    ReplyDelete
  96. Callahan23 said... Gals, guys 'n 'menschen'.
    See y'all down the road.
    I love {y’all) Really!


    Later Cal. Rest Well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  97. Goodnight, DEZ, Buzzsaw! Weet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  98. Haar mates! Stand and deliver! All for one, and one for all! Drinks are on the house! (I hope!)

    ReplyDelete
  99. Cal, DEZ nice to see you both, as usual. 'Weet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Kosh's Shadow said...

    "DEZ, there is no dark side of the Moon.
    (As a matter of fact, it's all dark)"

    "RACIST"
    :)

    Night all.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Squatch, I am not sure exactly what the Republican party stands for anymore

    It seems to depend on what state you're from.
    Tom Coburn and Olympia Snowe are in the same party.
    Huh??

    ReplyDelete
  102. That's the dockside of the Moon.

    Sittin' on the dock of the Moon
    Hopin' the space program gets here soon
    Sittin' on the dock of the Moon
    Wastin' time...

    ReplyDelete
  103. Goodnight Callahan! See you tomorrow! Bring your friend if you would. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  104. ET, you gave me an idea on how to hide my jewelry. Is Pelosi's book on the bargain table yet?

    ReplyDelete
  105. Nite Cal, DEZ, and Buzz.

    Gees, did they pay their bar bill ?

    /

    ReplyDelete
  106. Haar mates! Stand and deliver! All for one, and one for all! Drinks are on the house! (I hope!)

    Always did enjoy your pirate talk, LF. :-)

    Scotch for me, Brandy!

    ReplyDelete
  107. They told me to put their drinks on your tab, Squatch! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  108. Sittin' on the dock of the Moon
    Hopin' the space program gets here soon
    Sittin' on the dock of the Moon
    Wastin' time...


    ~Otis Redding moon at night sailors delight

    ReplyDelete
  109. When is talk like a pirate day anyway? I think I missed it this year....

    ReplyDelete
  110. They told me to put their drinks on your tab, Squatch! LOL

    I'd cover 'em anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  111. You missed it.

    International Talk Like a Pirate day is the 19th of September.

    Arrgh...

    ReplyDelete
  112. Sept 19, I think, loflyer. :(

    I think we remembered you here on that day, in fact. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  113. Last round coming up. Brandy can I have the bottle please. And some ice. I will take it upstairs. :))

    ReplyDelete
  114. Last round coming up. Brandy can I have the bottle please. And some ice. I will take it upstairs. :))

    Share with me? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  115. Hi Wendy its great to see you. Name your poison.

    ReplyDelete
  116. Here you go Pink! I'd love to join you for a bit, just can't stay to long.

    ReplyDelete
  117. Here you go Pink! I'd love to join you for a bit, just can't stay to long.

    cool!

    ReplyDelete
  118. Bring your drinks on upstairs-------------------->

    I'm sticking around to have one with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  119. Sept. 19th, I think that was the start of my downfall at the unmentionable 1.0. I have really tried to keep the pirate jargon down to a minimum, I know Realwest and several others couldn't stand it. But a really great Arrgh! can really stiffen your spine and your attitude, and it doesn't offend most folks....

    ReplyDelete
  120. LoFlyer, it wasn't too long ago - maybe five or six weeks? I think it was in September.

    ReplyDelete