Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Liberty Pub - Halloween Edition - OPEN #2



This coming Saturday is Halloween! C2 is celebrating all this week, by introducing liberty pub posts with a fun, scary Halloween classic!

Tonight's feature, released in 1953, is the first film ever to be rated X in Great Britain, yet it was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film in the US. I give you Edgar Allen Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart.

119 comments:

  1. HI ET. Thanks for the tune. What may I get you to drink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brandy lass, a pint of Arthur Guinness' best please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bar Wench Brandy said...
    Pi Guy, Phil, you two need a drink?


    Cherry Coke for me.

    /Don't serve anything that's milky white, like the eye...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, on Hannity, some New Jersey voters still expect their governor to "give each according to their need & take from each according to their ability"--Marx never goes out of style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a live action short of this done by one man. In public school of all places. Well done, and creepy as all get out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EAP was interesting, but I never could get into his insane first-person madness. It's easy enough to go mad nowadays. I don't need any help form Poe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brandy, can I get a black velvet please?

    /lets see if I stump you this time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beat the heart slowly, and play the pipes lowly....

    ReplyDelete
  9. On Hannity's New Jersey voters focus group, a wild-eyed, wild haired mullet wearing guy says Social Security won't go bankrupt, though he's been hearing it all his life.

    He wants the Pelosi Health Care plan not surprisingly.

    Frank Luntz & Sean Hannity are baffled & stumped by this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pi Guy, how does one post a youtube video?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's easy enough to go mad nowadays. I don't need any help form Poe.

    Stark, Raven mad, he was...

    ReplyDelete
  12. buzzsawmonkey said...
    Beat the heart slowly, and play the pipes lowly....
    -----

    Thats a sad song for a pub there Master Buzzsaw.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brandy, can I get a black velvet please?

    Out one night with my boys, we did ice block shots of that stuff one night 'til we spewed.
    Awful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alegrias said...

    Yikes, on Hannity, some New Jersey voters still expect their governor to "give each according to their need & take from each according to their ability"--Marx never goes out of style!
    WE can always join green-peace and embrace an ecological calamity as evident in the old Soviet Union.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh, Squatch, there be two types of the Black Velvet.....


    /there can be only one true one though...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bar Wench Brandy said...
    Here's your cherry coke, Pi Guy, with a glass and ice.


    Thanks!

    BatGuano said...
    Pi Guy, how does one post a youtube video?


    On C2? You have to have blog posting status. Once you do, it's really only a matter of copying the embed code.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keep thinking I am forgetting something.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. My speakers aren't working but if one of you look for the "Wicked Tinkers" on You Tube you might find some ribald pub music. They are really a kick. I've seen them perform a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  19. On Hannity's New Jersey voters focus group, a wild-eyed, wild haired mullet wearing guy says Social Security won't go bankrupt, though he's been hearing it all his life.

    Joe Biden ?

    ReplyDelete
  20. What's going on in here? I'm shocked, shocked that we have drinking and jokes going on in this establishment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bar Wench Brandy said...
    My speakers aren't working but if one of you look for the "Wicked Tinkers" on You Tube you might find some ribald pub music. They are really a kick. I've seen them perform a couple of times.


    You can even have tales of ribaldry!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Howdy, ya all! It is I! Thread Fiber! Let'e get this baby movin'!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. /there can be only one true one though...

    See ? NOW you tell me...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loflyer,

    Today's WashPOst says 300 million Chinese don't have health insurance/health care.

    Soviet medicine was famous for not having any medicines in stock!

    Fidel Castro's doctors are so broke, they drive taxis to get cash & respect.

    Yes, by all means, America should adopt these sick medical systems.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Is my sister in here?

    ReplyDelete
  26. On C2? You have to have blog posting status. Once you do, it's really only a matter of copying the embed code.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi CC and Bare. Can I get you some coffee or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Brandy, I came to give you hand. *hug* *kiss*

    ReplyDelete
  29. Try this link on for size. Its a Louisiana representative telling it like it is for change...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE_0UdjElNQ&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  30. buzzsawmonkey said...
    Beat the heart slowly, and play the pipes lowly....


    play the dead march as they roll me along

    ReplyDelete
  31. Squatch! I think I found a girlfriend for ya, buddy! See, back a long time ago, there was a thing known as "The Wild Hunt", or "Woden's Hunt" etc... depending on the culture. We have our own iterations of it with "Ghost Riders in the sky" etc...

    Anyway, here was the relevent part - maybe you, my hairy sasquatchy friend, might wanna hook up with her:

    In Danish (Scandinavian) tradition the hunted is a female troll, old elf, or jötunn-like figure named Slattenpat, which literally means "Wobbly-boob". The ugly-looking Slattenpat runs away putting her long hanging breasts over her shoulders in order to run faster.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Squatch, here's some Black Velvet, sweetie.

    Ahh, what the hell. I'm not drivin'
    Thanks!

    jukebox

    ReplyDelete
  33. Whew, Hannity & Frank Luntz ended that segment on Fox featuring New Jersey voters focus group where it seemed the whacky ones still want more taxes--on the other rich guys of course. (They've got the highest taxes & most unemployment in that region & want more...)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Bambi, thanks for coming down to help!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I hope you died well.
    I hope you died clean.
    Or young Willy McBride
    was it slow and obscene?

    Green Fields of France

    /Its a tough song.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi ya Bambi. I think I have only seen you once before now. Already for Saturday Fright? :)

    /psst Brandy, my black velvet contains Guiness.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Slattenpat? ... Squatch wants Slatternpat!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Running Bare, I think he's happy enough with my sister!

    Hi, 'sis! I'll go stock the cold case!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi, Phil! Can I get you anything to munch on?

    ReplyDelete
  40. Bare, apparently you are not aware of this but Squatch has much, much better taste in women than that! Furthermore, I don't even care if I get fired for letting you know!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Frank Luntz, king of who-gives-a-shit

    ReplyDelete
  42. Alegrias, I wonder what they'll do when there are no more rich guys!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Running Bare, I think he's happy enough with my sister!


    Can she put her boobs over her shoulder, and use them as a neck pillow when on airplanes?

    ReplyDelete
  44. In Danish (Scandinavian) tradition the hunted is a female troll, old elf, or jötunn-like figure named Slattenpat, which literally means "Wobbly-boob". The ugly-looking Slattenpat runs away putting her long hanging breasts over her shoulders in order to run faster.

    ROFLMAO !!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Running Bare, we both used to work at Hooters. What do YOU think? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  46. OMG, Phil, and I sat it in front of Squatch too. Coming right up!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Furthermore, I don't even care if I get fired for letting you know!!!!!


    Fired? Pshaw. I dont' fire people. I have a different policy in place for dealing with workplace infractions: Unga Bunga.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Running Bare said... In Danish (Scandinavian) tradition the hunted is a female troll, old elf, or jötunn-like figure named Slattenpat, which literally means "Wobbly-boob". The ugly-looking Slattenpat runs away putting her long hanging breasts over her shoulders in order to run faster.

    You lucky bastard Sas. Go for it buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Running Bare said...


    Can she put her boobs over her shoulder


    Can she tie them in a knot?
    Can she tie them in a bow?

    Can she sling them over her shoulder like a Continental soldier?

    ReplyDelete
  50. Can she sling them over her shoulder like a Continental soldier?

    Now picture them at Valley Forge on that long cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Bare, apparently you are not aware of this but Squatch has much, much better taste in women than that! Furthermore, I don't even care if I get fired for letting you know!!!!!

    RedDressRedDressRedDressRedDress.
    *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  52. Running Bare, we both used to work at Hooters. What do YOU think? ; )

    What do I think? I think it's Sexual Harrassment in the workplace time. Oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Unga Bunga right back at you Bare. Squatch is my sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hasta la vista again, gotta hit the sack to canvass manyana for Virginia's candidates again--4 nights until election day.

    The attacks from the abortion lobby are so ugly, you cannot imagine what sick people delight in that bloody business and want women to think nothing matters MORE than abortion.

    Thank you all for supporting the referendum on what two states back East think of One Year of Change--So Far.

    ReplyDelete
  55. You lucky bastard Sas. Go for it buddy.

    That's Sages ballfield, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wench, its going to take a lot more than Black Velvet to figure out this mess....

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thank you Bar Wench Brandy for your hospitality & good company.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Unga Bunga right back at you Bare. Squatch is my sweetheart.

    I will resign as Bar Czar if I don't get My Brandy fix in the Pub !

    ReplyDelete
  59. Squatch said... That's Sages ballfield, bro.

    Speaking of witch...............

    ReplyDelete
  60. Sage and Helen, sitting in a tree...where IS Sage, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  61. Speaking of witch...............

    No Costume Required.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Was that a pendulous breast that hit me in the face as I walked in?

    /and if so, to whom did it belong?

    ReplyDelete
  63. Slattenpat....
    Isn't that some Harry Potter character or something ?

    ReplyDelete
  64. Thanks Brandy. I will be in and out. Have to get some writing done for the morrow.

    /the return of puppy...

    ReplyDelete
  65. Night, Alegrias.
    Keep up the fight !

    ReplyDelete
  66. Meanwhile, in the shipping news, there is a cool interactive ship traffic map here.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Bye, Buzz. Until the morrow, I bid you adeiu!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Was that a pendulous breast that hit me in the face as I walked in?

    /and if so, to whom did it belong?


    Sorry. I was trying to see if I could make balloon animals out of it, to entertain the children, and it got away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Hi Pink Freud! Can I grab a drink or something to eat for you?

    ReplyDelete
  70. I wonder if the NYY can even it up tonight. 1-1 top of the 5th.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Sorry. I was trying to see if I could make balloon animals out of it, to entertain the children, and it got away from me.

    Pelosi stopped by?

    /no thanks Brandy (you sure do look pretty tonight) ....I'll be in an out for a while, have food on the pit outside that needs attenshuns

    ReplyDelete
  72. Pink Freud, it's me, Bambi! I know we look alot a like but I'm the blonde! And not a bottle blonde, either!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Bar Wench Brandy said...

    GAH !
    I'm clicking, I get nuffin'.

    Must
    Have
    Link..

    ReplyDelete
  74. Pelosi stopped by?

    You may have stumbled onto it !
    That's how she keeps that stupid canned smile !
    When she pulls 'em back over her shoulders,the smile goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Oh, Boss, that is gross!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Running Bare said...

    LMFAO.
    I loves you peoples.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Bar Wench Bambi said...
    Pink Freud, it's me, Bambi! I know we look alot a like but I'm the blonde! And not a bottle blonde, either!


    Hey Bambi, aren't you a cutie! Everyone treating you ok tonight? Thanks for helping out!

    /not a bottle blond either ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  78. Squatch, trying again with the dress.


    Tongue meet floor.
    Bookmarked for easy access.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Brandy, I'll loan you this one if you promise to give it back!

    ReplyDelete

  80. You may have stumbled onto it !
    That's how she keeps that stupid canned smile !
    When she pulls 'em back over her shoulders,the smile goes away.


    Squatch! You're a genius! That's it!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Pink Freud, everyone has been very nice! Thank you! I will come in and work whenever you need me. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Thanks, Bambi, I'm going to take you up on that.

    /watch out for Bare, he's a pincher ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  83. /watch out for Bare, he's a bendyouoverapinballmachineandtakeyoulikeananimaler;-)

    Fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Brandy, I'll loan you this one if you promise to give it back!

    BBIAM.
    //

    ReplyDelete
  85. Cool dress sis, can I borrow it for Halloween. All I would need are some stilettos and a whip for a costume. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  86. Brandy, I'll loan you this one if you promise to give it back!

    *thud*

    Sorry, blood can't be in too places at once. Post done, and I need another drink please. A Black Velvet. :)

    /hint, Guiness and something alcoholic that's bubbly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  87. I can loan you those too, Brandy. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  88. Here's your drink to go Phil. It was really nice to see you again tonight. Take it on upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  89. All I would need are some stilettos and a whip for a costume.

    See, now I'm not gonna get a whole lot of sleep thinking about that...

    ReplyDelete
  90. New thread upstairs, guys. Bring your drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Brandy, Bambi...take the rest of the night off if you like. Good job, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Squatch, take good care of my sister, please. : )

    ReplyDelete
  93. Thanks sis, I think! LMAO

    Goodnight everyone!
    ------------------------------------------------->

    ReplyDelete
  94. Okay, Boss Lady! Good night! Thank you everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Cool dress sis, can I borrow it for Halloween. All I would need are some stilettos and a whip for a costume. LOL

    Sorry, got an image of this all of a sudden.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Hi, I'm back. Hey Phil, saw the link to the picture from the new camera on the last thread. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  97. I have really bad timing....running upstairs now.

    ReplyDelete