Friday, October 30, 2009

The Liberty Pub - Halloween Edition - OPEN



Tomorrow is Halloween! C2 has been celebrating all this week, by introducing liberty pub posts with a fun, scary Halloween classic!

Besides being the night before Halloween, it's also the 71st anniversary of the classic 1938 Mercury Theatre on the Air presentation of War of the Worlds that caused panic among thousands of Americans.

Since we're presenting scary and fun Halloween classics, here's the full original radio broadcast, as it was heard on October 30, 1938. Being a radio broadcast, the video track consists of just stationary pictures, so start this up in another browser tab or window (so you can hear it while posting and reloading without interruption), and get a feel for what it must've been like 71 years ago today.

167 comments:

  1. WELCOME to Liberty Pub, C²ers!

    HAPPY FRIDAY, LADIES AND GENTS!

    Let's get this show on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Pete's Wicked Ale!

    Evening all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bambi! Hi sweetpea! I'm happy you could be here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brandy and Bambi, how it goin'?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Crap, stuck with this JohnKerry avatar again!
    Anyway, repost from last thread:

    "Killian - for someone with as much political smarts as Newt supposedly has, you'd think he'd have figured out by now that a C is way better than a D in R's clothing!
    And I read a story where the LEFTISTS are gonna pass that HORRIBLE AND IDIOTIC Health care reform bill cause "liberal" Democrats are on-board with it, however reluctantly. What utter crap. First there is only one "liberal" in D.C. and that's Lieberman and he caucuses with the Dems in the Senate, the rest of the Dems are either FAR LEFT or listing so far to Port that they might as well go ahead and say that they are LEFTISTS. Their consituents won't be fooled anyway."

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now I gotta go eat dinner. Hope I get the chance to see you all down the road later on tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang! Typos a plenty.

    Well anyway could I have a nice and refreshing gin 'n tonic with the good stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good evening!

    Brandy, darls, I'll take a glass of Aussie Shiraz, pleaseandthankyou.

    How's everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  9. G'nite Real! Stop in later if you get a chance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need a stiff drink and anything else you may have behind the bar ...

    I Can't Help ... Your Really Kickin ...

    /I got cash ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool! I've Jon Kary's monster avatar.

    *snicker*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Killian ... yeah son ... Warren ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Evening Brandy and Bambi!

    A good 7&7 would go down nicely tonite, if you please ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brandy - now just everything is great. I am here at my favorite joint.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are we going to have a busy night tonight, Brandy? I'll have to change out of these heels if it gets too busy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Z2, it's gonna have to be herescotch, that was the closest I had. Neat ok, I hope?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Coming right up, Squatch! [HEY! Brandy just elbowed me out of the way!]

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Brandy, luv - perfect.

    Had a hell-week and I was so relieved to finally have Firday roll around.

    *stretches out dainty toesies towards the blazing hearth, relaxes in the fireside wing chair*

    *purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bar Wench ... okay ... but you never seen me drunk on scotch ... look out ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Are we going to have a busy night tonight, Brandy? I'll have to change out of these heels if it gets too busy!

    Sure is looking that way, sis! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. JCM ... that guy is pretty ... his hair looks like my son's dad in the 70s ... I was a sucker for a guy with long hair ...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Coming right up, Squatch! [HEY! Brandy just elbowed me out of the way!]

    You may need to help Squatch out after what I served him. LOL!

    /sorry 'bout the elbow, cutie

    ReplyDelete
  23. I see how y'all are now -- just run off to a new thread and don't even tell anybody... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Squatch, will this do?

    LOL!

    Anyone wanna play poker ?

    ReplyDelete
  25. btw, what's with the Lurchenstein avatars?

    ReplyDelete
  26. ... I was a sucker for a guy with long hair ...

    Dang... I've been high and tight all my life.

    I feel like a hippie freak if the white side walls disappear. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  27. C the P!!!

    SO nice to see you! May I get you a drink?

    ReplyDelete
  28. JCM .. high and tight? ... um ... never heard that expression about hair before .... lol ... have about some other stuff ... IYKWIM ...

    ReplyDelete
  29. May I? ;-)

    I thought that was my line ??

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bar Wench Brandy -- good to see you as well (though your nic isn't ringing a bell, sorry)... Of course you may by me a drink -- I'm having wine. Next round's on me...

    ReplyDelete
  31. JCM .. high and tight? ... um ... never heard that expression about hair before .... lol ... have about some other stuff ... IYKWIM ...

    ZZ, I knew if I left that alone long enough you'd step in. Thank you! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  32. zigzaggingthroughghostland said...

    JCM .. high and tight?


    Military style, very short, almost shaved on the sides....

    ReplyDelete
  33. Squatch

    Hell no! You brought her, you poker!

    //

    CtP

    Good evening! Twice in one day we run into each other - great to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  34. CtheP, they're for Halloween weekend! Aren't they hideously ugly?!

    Can I get you something from the kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  35. zigzaggingthroughghostland said...

    Killian ... yeah son ... Warren ...


    //now with more Hunter Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  36. Twice in one day we run into each other ...

    Tongues are a-waggin' ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  37. I thought that was my line ??

    She makes you ASK? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, the real avatars are still on the profile pages! Yippeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Miss Trixie -- right backatcha!

    Bar Wench Brandy/Bambi -- are you the same person? Got a full glass of wine, so nothing from the kitchen at the moment, thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  40. She makes you ASK? ; )

    No one ever said the rules were hard and fast.

    /LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  41. BWB -- well, since you already poured the wine... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  42. CtP, no, we're sisters. She's brunette, I'm blonde. That's how you can tell us apart. We look a lot alike otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Tight? ... yeah those were the days ... lol ..

    Archie Bell ... do the tighten up ...

    ReplyDelete
  44. No one ever said the rules were hard and fast.

    Good! After you asked to borrow my shoes and stuff last night I was starting to wonder. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  45. Bar Wench Brandy/Bambi -- are you the same person?

    It do seem so at times, CtheP. She's my mental twin, and our measurements are identical too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  46. JCM said -- "Tongues are a-waggin'"

    Well, I'll be 47 in a few, so that's all I have left! (seriously, ladies, I'm just KIDDING!)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Archie Bell ... do the tighten up ...

    Keep 'em coming, zigzag! You're the best jukebox player we've ever had. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. CtheP ... lol ... yeah you old guys ...

    ReplyDelete
  49. I don't think 47 is old!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Good! After you asked to borrow my shoes and stuff last night I was starting to wonder. ; )

    Sorry about the stain on the dress, Bambi ...I'll buy you a new one. :-(

    It was a WILD night!

    /I'll make Squatch pay for it, since it's his ....fault.

    ReplyDelete
  51. BW(B2) -- okay, thanks for the clarification!

    ReplyDelete
  52. She makes you ASK? ; )

    Beg, actually.
    It's pathetic, really.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Well, I'll be 47 in a few, so that's all I have left!

    OH! OH! Leave some hope for the rest of us, CtheP!!

    /sheesh

    ReplyDelete
  54. BRANDY!! Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Just got back from oldest boy's football team -- on a rainy drizzly night they won 12-0.

    On to the championship game on Thursday. The boys had a rough start but played some good smash-mouth football.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Beg, actually.
    It's pathetic, really.


    Well, I think you should turn the tables on her! That's what I think!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Beg, actually.
    It's pathetic, really.


    You LOVE. EVERY. SECOND of it, you big lug, and you know you do! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  58. /I'll make Squatch pay for it, since it's his ....fault.

    *Hands over DEZ' Mastercard*

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hi, Lucius! What can we get for you?

    ReplyDelete
  60. z(all those letters) -- Ha! I love the commercial for the men's hair color -- "Now I look like I know what I'm doing and can still do it."

    ReplyDelete
  61. Hey Bambi. I'll have an Irish whiskey, neat.

    ReplyDelete

  62. Well, I think you should turn the tables on her! That's what I think!


    We did that last night, Sis. Whatd'ya think that pile of kindling is in the far corner back there?

    ReplyDelete
  63. Lucius ... sweet ... I love high school football ... almost a religion around here ...

    ReplyDelete
  64. Slain mosque leader's followers deny FBI claims

    A mosque on Friday dismissed as "utterly preposterous" the FBI's allegations that its slain leader was part of a radical Islamic group.

    Luqman Ameen Abdullah, the imam or prayer leader of Masjid Al-Haqq in Detroit, was a "recognized and respected member of numerous mainstream Muslim organizations and leadership bodies," the mosque said.


    /*snicker* [cough] taqiyya [cough]

    ReplyDelete
  65. Killian .. let them burn in hell ... yep ... pretty dang pissed off about a few things ... blah ... okay enough of that ...

    ReplyDelete
  66. Well, I think you should turn the tables on her! That's what I think!

    I'm not the one with the whip!
    It's tough to negotiate with that thing crackin'.
    /

    ReplyDelete
  67. Ha! I love the commercial for the men's hair color -- "Now I look like I know what I'm doing and can still do it."

    Hahahaha! Yes!

    And the "Extenze" commercials ......eeeewwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Lucius - howdy. They allow them to keep score? What kind of crypto-fascist-Western-centric-militaristic-misogynist game are you letting your kid play? Hmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  69. I'm not the one with the whip!
    It's tough to negotiate with that thing crackin'.


    keeeeeraaaaack!

    /just practicing for later, sugar

    ReplyDelete
  70. *Hands over DEZ' Mastercard*

    Hahahaha! Gimme that thing! I'm going SHOPPING! Hahahahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Bar Wench .. keep practicing .. if you lose you job I hear there are men who will pay for your whip expertise ... hey ... in hard times a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do ...

    ReplyDelete
  72. You LOVE. EVERY. SECOND of it, you big lug, and you know you do! ;-)

    And you know that is true.

    Can't help but beg when you're wearing this

    ReplyDelete
  73. CtP -- I'm in Georgia. They keep score 'round here fer damn sure.

    ReplyDelete
  74. BWBy - I love the Santa one with the short-black-haired chick who REALLY needs to get laid -- the way she shakes her bottom (while facing the camera) at the end of the commercial always cracks me up...

    ReplyDelete
  75. Bar Wench .. keep practicing .. if you lose you job I hear there are men who will pay for your whip expertise ... hey ... in hard times a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do ...

    GASP! Hahahahahahah!! Double Z you are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  76. zigzag, your jukeboxin' rocks!

    rollin'

    ReplyDelete
  77. in hard times a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do

    high 5, Z2!

    /you betcha

    ReplyDelete
  78. Callahan, are you like that Clint Eastwood character?

    ReplyDelete
  79. What is all this talk of whips?

    ReplyDelete
  80. Oh, and you look hungry! Can I get you anything from the kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  81. Lucius! I almost forgot about your Irish whiskey, what with all the whip crackin' and such. Here ya go!

    ReplyDelete
  82. PBJ!! How are YOU?! Oh, it's probably my fault about the whip thing. Just something I said when I was on shift last night.

    But Brandy started it!

    ReplyDelete
  83. in hard times a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do
    ---

    And most importantly 'wants' to do!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  84. Chips, dips, shackles, and whips -- my kinda place!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Can't help but beg when you're wearing this

    That dress has BEG written all over it, don't it sugar? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  86. BWBy - I love the Santa one with the short-black-haired chick who REALLY needs to get laid -- the way she shakes her bottom (while facing the camera) at the end of the commercial always cracks me up...

    Never made it that far ...nope, can't watch that.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Mine has BEG spray painted in giant letters all over it, Brandy. I really think you should borrow it. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  88. Blah ... storm made me go to the covered deck ... so I cannot hear this stupid laptop speakers very well ... sucks ...

    smoked a few to this song ...

    smoke on the water ...

    ReplyDelete
  89. Just in tme for Halloween, here's some ghoulish. sickly, rancid recips for Halloween fun! Includes the classic:

    Deviled Mice
    Poop Dip
    Simple Pimples
    and
    Boogers on a Stick

    http://www.halloweenishere.com/recipes.html

    MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    - another glass of vino, please Brandy darls.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Bambi, LOL. You wouldn't have an expresso would you? I am dead on my feet and need a little pick me up.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Poop dip! OMG! Let me go see if I can whip up a batch in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Callahan ... I am thinking if the girl didn't want to do it ... it wouldn't have the same affect ... hahahahaha .. whatever it takes IYKWIM to keep the guys happy .... um ... and satisfied ...

    I better go back to music I am gonna get myself in trouble ...

    ReplyDelete
  93. That dress has BEG written all over it, don't it sugar? ;-)

    Indeed. Hold onto Dez' credit card, might need a new one after tonight. :P

    ReplyDelete
  94. Whips made of leather
    And shackles of velvet
    Sharp studded collars
    And a leash for my pet
    Frotages, blindfolds
    And halters with strings
    These are a few of my favorite things ...

    ReplyDelete
  95. PBJ said...
    What is all this talk of whips?


    We were hoping it would draw Helen out .......

    Hey PBJ!! A martini with a twist, special for you girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  96. JCM, remind me not ever to apply for a job there! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  97. Bambi,
    Callahan, are you like that Clint Eastwood character?
    ---

    I am thin to athletic if you mean the built. Parameters: 5'7" 130 pounds. ;-)
    The looks well I can't judge.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Mny typos lst pst - mst cnsme mre wne ...

    *glug*

    ReplyDelete
  99. JCM .. that is so cool ... is that all pizza? ...

    ReplyDelete
  100. Mine has BEG spray painted in giant letters all over it, Brandy. I really think you should borrow it. ; )

    I dunno, Bambi ...I'd need to see it first. You got a pic?

    /picky
    //just ask Squatch

    ReplyDelete
  101. You wouldn't have an expresso would you? I am dead on my feet and need a little pick me up.

    You bet! How many shots would you like? Short, tall, grande, or venti? Any flavored syrup in that?

    ReplyDelete
  102. Thanks Brandy. Man the thought of Helen with a whip is pretty awful, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Evening, all. Just finished my first 50 hour week in 9 months and it feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  104. ?Here you go, PBJ. How do you like our blonde proof cups? ; ) I'm blonde so I can say that!

    ReplyDelete
  105. Bambi

    Poop dip! OMG! Let me go see if I can whip up a batch in the kitchen!

    HAHAHAHA! And WE'RE the grown-ups!

    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

    *ohmysides!*

    ReplyDelete

  106. zigzaggingthroughghostland said...

    JCM .. that is so cool ... is that all pizza? ...


    Meatloaf.....

    ReplyDelete
  107. Spenser ... great! ... it feels good to work doesn't it ... good for you ... toast! ...

    ReplyDelete
  108. Miss Trixie and C the P! Good to "see" you again.

    ReplyDelete
  109. If I were a cougar ... um ... which I am not ... um yet ...

    I would def ... get next to Jack White ... I have a huge crush on him ... and he rocks!

    Ball and a Biscuit ... sigh .. Jack ..

    ReplyDelete
  110. Man the thought of Helen with a whip is pretty awful, LOL.

    YEESH !
    Hit me with a baseball bat square over the noddle, will ya ?!

    ReplyDelete
  111. PBJ, here's your expresso ...just leave the martini for later, you might need it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  112. HAHAHAHA! And WE'RE the grown-ups!

    Miss Trixie, have you ever made a cat box cake? I have! Hahahahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  113. Spenser -- good on you! Glad to see that things are picking up...

    ReplyDelete
  114. Evening, all. Just finished my first 50 hour week in 9 months and it feels good.

    Awright Spenser! A drink to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  115. Bar Wench Bambi,
    Here it is again, Brandy!
    ---

    Ooh, wow. 's really hot!

    ReplyDelete
  116. Hi, Spenser! New job?

    ReplyDelete
  117. JCM

    Meat Hand.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!

    I'm in tears over here!!!

    Jebus that's HYSTERICAL!

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    *gasp*
    *snicker*

    *hahaha*

    *hahahahaha*

    *haha*

    *blows nose*
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  118. I just know ya'll are gonna start a new thread and not tell me ... you ain't fooling me ..

    ReplyDelete
  119. BWBi -- Boortz used to have the recipe for that on his website -- AIR, the "turds" are nuked and stretched Tootsie-Rolls(tm)...

    ReplyDelete
  120. Here it is again, Brandy!

    You're right, alright. "Beg" written all over that. But ...it's screaming. I like the whispering beg better. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  121. My bride's top 5 scary things on her Facebook Top 5 thingy...

    1. Sleestaks
    2. Flying Monkeys
    3. Germs
    4. Nancy Pelosi
    5. Barak Obama

    ReplyDelete
  122. Callahan, I offered to let Brandy wear it but she said she thought it looked like a Halloween costume! I think she's warming up to it now though. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  123. OK -- I gotta go get the kid in bed. Have fun folks.

    ReplyDelete
  124. Well, sis, there's nothing wrong with screaming. : )

    ReplyDelete
  125. Brandy, thanks a bunch. Just put that martini in the freezer for me please. I will most definitely need it later.

    ReplyDelete
  126. I just know ya'll are gonna start a new thread and not tell me ... you ain't fooling me

    I'll let you ride in the elevator with me.

    /shhhh ....don't tell anyone ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  127. Good Night Lucius ... congrats on your son's game ...

    ReplyDelete
  128. Later, Lucius -- always a pleasure...

    ReplyDelete
  129. Well, sis, there's nothing wrong with screaming. : )

    My. Oh. My.

    /do tell ...

    ReplyDelete
  130. Here it is again, Brandy!

    I like the red dress. It's just more my cup of tea.
    A Bod like that doesn't need such advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  131. Holy Christmas!

    "Trappistes Rochefort 8"

    The Belgians may not be very good at resisting German invasion, but they make some fan-fucking-tastic beer.

    ReplyDelete
  132. I like the red dress. It's just more my cup of tea.
    A Bod like that doesn't need such advertising.


    'xactly!

    ReplyDelete
  133. Occasional Reader! Speaking of beer, come on upstairs and we'll see that you get one!

    ReplyDelete
  134. Sleestaks? Who could be afraid of Sleestaks?! If you can walk faster than 3 miles per hour, you can outrun 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  135. New thread everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  136. The Belgians may not be very good at resisting German invasion, but they make some fan-fucking-tastic beer.

    You are so in luck, OR! Saved one special for you!

    ReplyDelete
  137. AMC is running Young Frankenstein - what a great flick! One of my faves...

    ReplyDelete
  138. Bambi - Yes I've been to H'ween party where they had one and it made me gag ... ick ... but very well done.

    Twiddles and Sand - yum-OH! :D

    ReplyDelete