Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good morning, afternoon, evening *everyone*!™

Help yourselves!

77 comments:

  1. Did you even have firsts!? Okay, I'll sneak you some seconds. Just don't tell anyone, m'kay? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! enuff, in a few minutes, check the rEfRiGeRaToR. (Not even going to attempt to spell that backwards. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steeling myself...Do I WANT to check the news this morning? :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do they still do that harikari thing?

    Former Japanese Finance Minister Shoichi Nakagawa, who resigned from his post after appearing intoxicated at a news conference earlier this year, was found dead in his home Sunday, police said. Shoichi Nakagawa resigned three days after appearing intoxicated at a G7 news conference in Rome. The cause of death was not clear and no will was found, police said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uh Lol...checking the news these day is almost like discovering someone's writing suicide notes for ya.

    Pink...just don't tell. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. enuff,

    I know. Sometimes I think I should have blood pressure meds and a CPR expert at my side when I look at the news.

    Is there something medical science has invented to prevent exploding heads? If not, there's a huge market there they're missing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is Conservatism Brain-Dead?

    More dripping elitism from the MSM:

    But Tanenhaus is right to direct our attention to the imbalance between the right's thinkers and doers. The single largest defect of modern conservatism, in my mind, is its insufficient ability to challenge liberalism at the intellectual level, in particular over the meaning and nature of progress. In response to the left's belief in political solutions for everything, the right must do better than merely invoking "markets" and "liberty." Beck, for one, is revealing that despite the demands of filling hours of airtime every day, it is possible to engage in some real thought. He just might be helping restore the equilibrium between the elite and populist sides of conservatism.

    Somehow, what I got out of this piece of dreck was an indictment of our education system.

    But that's just me I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, in the interest of full disclosure: I am not a conservative. Of course, I'm hardly a liberal either.

    So there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vey iz mir - they are SO CLUELESS! :-(

    Administration Eyes Ways to Help Laid-off Workers

    The Obama administration is considering steps to ease the burdens of laid-off workers, including possible extensions of unemployment and health benefits, officials said Saturday.

    Has anyone even considered the option of an economic policy that fosters JOB CREATION, instead of turning us into a freakin' Nanny State?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CC,

    I really don't know what I am! LOL! My daughter says I'm a libertarian (small L) but I'm just really enamored of and attached to the Constitution I think.

    A Constitutionalist?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found something interesting.

    Health Reform Subsidy Calculator

    Calculate your cost, with proposed plan options.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Administration Eyes Ways to Help Laid-off Workers

    From my sekrit decoder ring: CHECK YOUR WALLET!

    ReplyDelete
  13. bbiam...going to try making-up a hint on somethin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. PINK,

    OMG! Try plugging in a relative low income but middle age vs young. (i.e. $25,000 at age 55 and 25)

    Those young Obama voters....BWAHAHAHA! They may still have hope but they lost the change!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT link, thanks very much Pink!

    /bookmarked

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're welcome, littleoldlady! Should I send the nudes posing at Irish castle video now?

    ReplyDelete
  17. As a followup...Medical Premiums May Still Burden Middle Class

    Many middle-class Americans would still struggle to pay for health insurance despite efforts by President Obama and Democrats to make coverage more affordable.

    The legislation advancing in Congress would require all Americans to get insurance -- through an employer, a government program or by buying it themselves. But new tax credits to help with premiums won't go far enough for everyone. Some middle-class families purchasing their own coverage through new insurance exchanges could find it out of reach.


    SHOCKA! This is the result of not addressing the REAL problems in the system: the fraud, waste and poor practices.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pink,

    You probably should wait until Erik, Phil and Squatch show up. I mean...why waste it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's about it for me, littleoldlady, enuff. Time for sleep. Goodnight!

    (Goodnight CC, if you are still up.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another bookmark...thanks again!

    Goodnight, PINK! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay...another cup of coffee...gird my loins (whatever that means!) and jump back into the swamp...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Funny...

    Top 10 Reasons Chicago lost Olympic bid

    10. Dead people can't vote at IOC meetings

    9. Obama distracted by 25 min meeting with Gen. McChrystal

    8. Who cares if Obama couldn't talk the IOC into Chicago? He'll be able to talk Iran out of nukes.

    7. The impediment is Israel still building settlements.

    6. Obviously no president would have been able to accomplish it.

    5. We've been quite clear and said all along that we didn't want the Olympics.

    4. This isn't about the number of Olympics "lost", it's about the number of Olympics "saved" or "created".

    3. Clearly not enough wise Latina judges on the committee

    2. Because the IOC is racist.

    1. It's George Bush's fault.


    From Rich Lowry of NRO (site isn't coming up to link it)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning everyone. How's things today?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Phil! :-)

    Evidently you missed the nudes cavorting at an Irish castle.

    /or something ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, and there's no news - a blessing!

    Of course, the Sunday talk shows are just a few hours away so we can pretty much count on somebody saying something stupid momentarily...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Interesting development on the EU Treat front...Spain: "We want to have a referendum"

    Opposition Conservative leader David Cameron, who polls tip to become prime minister next year, on Sunday highlighted his hostility to the EU reform treaty despite its acceptance by Ireland.

    "We want to have a referendum," he told BBC television, adding that his party would lead a No campaign.

    "I think people in this country will be frustrated and angry that Ireland has been able to vote twice on a treaty that changes the way we're governed and yet we haven't been able to vote once."


    Did I read that right? "Spain" and "Conservative" in the same sentence?!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I didn't like the last paragraph. Some in the administration are looking for lower troop levels. :(

    ReplyDelete
  28. Treaty, she meant to type...

    /I don't even want to THINK about what an "EU treat" would entail. Those folks are perverted!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wouldn't surprise me littleoldlady. Most of Europe is turning right. Why not Spain even?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Phil,

    I'm betting on an eventual withdraw from Afghanistan from these Einsteins.

    I'm not LIKING it, but I'm betting on it. :-(

    /but first, let's declare victory!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nupe…can’t make-up a hint, unless this can somehow suffice.

    As it's old news, just the link but VDH is worried and with good cause: ---Tehran's deliberate disclosure about the facility under construction in Qom on the eve of Geneva talk was a "game changer" that enhanced Iran's bargaining position....---

    In fact, Iran notified the IAEA office of the facility on Monday, 3 days ahead of the meeting but anywho...leak, leak, leak...leak, leak, leak....

    Sarko wasn’t just berating Obama, he was furious.

    ...with that zippered shut.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Phil,

    But they're (almost) stuck with the EU running their lives. How is THAT going to square with conservative leadership? Interesting times, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sarko wasn’t just berating Obama, he was furious.

    When Obama told Eastern Europe that the US wasn't going to help protect her, Western Europe should have gotten a clue.

    /Every.Man.For.Himself.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ahhh, movement in the house. Almost time to get up and face the world.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lol, I think it's more like Every.EUnich.For.Itself.

    ReplyDelete
  36. enuff,

    "My son", who is visiting from out of town for the weekend, was an unmovable Obamabot before the election. Yesterday I told him that he and his fellow Obamabots are about to get exactly what they deserved.

    /you should have seen his face! TERROR personified!

    Problem is, of course, the rest of us are going to suffer, too. :-(

    I am SO OVER this clown...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lol...believe me when I say, you've a lot of very good company. ...and it appears to be growing.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Don't blame Obama

    Do not blame Caesar, blame the people of Rome who have so enthusiastically acclaimed and adored him and rejoiced in their loss of freedom and danced in his path and gave him triumphal processions . . . . Blame the people who hail him when he speaks in the Forum of the 'new, wonderful good society' which shall now be Rome's, interpreted to mean 'more money, more ease, more security, more living fatly at the expense of the industrious.' Julius was always an ambitious villain, but he is only one man.

    This is how I feel. Obama never hid who he was. People just refused to see or understand it. My anger is directed at the IDIOTS who voted for him.

    /which means that I'm angry with A LOT of people in my life who I love dearly
    //NOT GOOD! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  39. Okay, I tried to mellow out as ResplendentRecluse, but I'm still too cranky and quick-tempered. And did I mention I hate moving? Bleh.

    Any fruitcup left?

    ReplyDelete
  40. Now I know who bought that $12,000 coffee machine linked a few days ago...

    A library-less school?!

    Cushing is disburdening itself of its library’s 20,000 books and spending $500,000 to establish a “learning center” — the name, the Globe reports, is tentative, but whatever they settle on you can be sure the scare quotes will be appropriate. Of course, once you dump a library’s books, you have a lot of extra space to fill, so Cushing . . . will be spending $42,000 for some large flat-screen monitors to display data from the Internet as well as $20,000 for “laptop-friendly” study carrels. In place of the reference desk, the Globe reports, Cushing is building “a $50,000 coffee shop that will include a $12,000 cappuccino machine.”

    SICK.

    ReplyDelete
  41. scotti!

    I like you MUCH better this way. :-) Have some fruitcup - plenty left!

    And be careful with that moving stuff! Research shows it is as stressful as divorce or a death in the family.

    {scotti}

    ReplyDelete
  42. {littleoldlady}

    I believe the research. Beloved Ubergeek and I are still crazy-in-love after almost 30 years married, but we really have to be careful we don't snap each other's heads off during this uprooting period. But we're almost done. Movers here tomorrow, then we have the fun of setting up a new place...always better than tearing one down, especially for two very homebody introverts.

    Mmmmm...fruitcup is delicious.

    How have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  43. Not sure. But based upon my comments this morning I think anger management classes are in order. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh. It's not my fault! My horrorscope says it's in the stars...

    Don't hesitate to speak up for what is right. Even if it means confronting someone with power, so be it. The slightest injustice cannot be tolerated. When you voice your opinion, as you feel compelled to do, it makes others respect you. This has been a long time coming, and it does you a tremendous amount of good!

    I don't know about the "doing me a tremendous amount of good" stuff.

    I BLAME GEORGE BUSH! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  45. More like "chainsaw", monster variety. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  46. UN nuclear watchdog sees turning point over Iran

    "I see that we are at a critical moment, I see that we are shifting gears from confrontation into transparency and cooperation," said Elbaradei as he announced the new inspection date.

    No, no MoMo! The "shifting of gears" is coming from the WEST.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Damned Elbaradei...Iran's coach.

    That isn't shifting, it's fooking grinding gears with the teeth breaking-off.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Monster chainsaw? *shudder*

    I feel like an amateur...;>)

    ReplyDelete
  49. scotti,

    When the Hungarian/Russian temper surfaces...most people who know me well know to get out of the way.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Good morning folks!

    It's not surprising to learn that when Chicago was dropped in the first round of voting by the IOC, that the TOTUS was "visibly stunned".

    Nobody says no to the One!

    Reports from Copenhagen are that the Obama turned off the committee members with the arrogance and massive egos. Uh-huh.

    On right on cue, Jesse Jackson and several media sychophants have blamed... you guessed it... George Bush!

    Bloody typical.

    http://pajamasmedia.com/richardfernandez/2009/10/03/the-moment/#more-6231

    ReplyDelete
  51. Kenneth! :-)

    Visibly stunned, eh? I think we're going to be seeing a lot more of that "deer in the headlights" look from The Won.

    /to our detriment, unfortunately...

    ReplyDelete
  52. Queue sound effects from the movie Psycho: **screech, screech** **screech, screech** Another Foreign Policy Train Wreck **screech, screech** **screech, screech**

    ReplyDelete
  53. HEYYYYYYY! GODDESS! So good to see you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Cute in a alternate reality sort of way...or in a New England contrarian sort of way?

    (There's a highway sign in the north of my homestate of NH that keeps count of the number of car accidents involving moose...the critters tend to crush anything less than a Hummer.)

    ReplyDelete
  55. How've you been, Goddess? How're the the boys? What play are you working on?

    GAH! So many questions! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  56. I'm so glad to see you, too. I noticed that realwest is a contributor, too.

    ReplyDelete
  57. scotti,

    We are overrun by (Pennyslvania whitetail) deer here. Dangerous and destructive critters. I lost my entire garden this year.

    Yeah, they're cute. IN PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Goddess,

    You would be surprised how many familiar names are here!

    /or not ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  59. OH! New thread upstairs! ↑

    Everyone migrate, please...

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hello Scottish!

    "Visibly Stunned" is a fitting nickname for the president. Elliott Abrams makes a scathing review of Obama's foreign policy to date:

    Détente and the Bunker
    How to oppose a president's disastrous foreign policy.

    http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/017/026ykwkn.asp

    "One begins to wonder how far we will drift into a new period of generalized disaster. In Honduras, we back the Hugo Chávez acolyte and say we won't respect November's free elections. In Israel, we latch on to the bizarre theory that settlement growth is the key obstacle to Middle East peace and try to bludgeon a newly elected prime minister into a freeze that is politically impossible--and also useless in actually achieving a peace settlement. In Eastern Europe, we discard a missile defense agreement with Poland and the Czechs and leave them convinced we do not mean to fight off Russian hegemony in the former Soviet sphere."

    For Obama's massive ego, the world is but a stage for displaying His Won-derfulness...

    "It is my deeply held belief that in the year 2009--more than at any point in human history--the interests of nations and peoples are shared." -BHO

    Obama seriouly believes this is a unique moment in history simply because of him. Un-fricken-believable arrogance and self-regard of the man!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Goddess...or anyone who is stuck here...click on the logo at the top of the page to see the most current thread.

    /blogspot really leaves a lot to be desired, but the good news is we are not going to be using it for too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  62. ...closing comments for this thread now.

    ReplyDelete