Friday, October 9, 2009

The Liberty Pub - OPEN

202 comments:

  1. Damn, that felt good.
    Drinks are on me, Brandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. What are you having tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drowning my Obama drama overload tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Brandy.
    A good evening to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, group! Mr. AW is hunting, so it was leftovers for the little one (who is back to 100%) and a bowl of cereal for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Sasquatch! What'll you have?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dogfish Raison D'etre for me please!

    Evening Bar Wench!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Army Wife
    I'm home alone, too. For awhile anyway. Daughter is home from college but she's gone out for sushi and mr hightechredneck has gone to the lake house. Just me and the dachshund pack for now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bar Wench said...

    I'll take a Kostritzer if you can dig one up, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, {Brandy}. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the little one is enjoying eating in front of TV (doesn't happen often) with her own pack - 2 chihuahuas and German Shepherd.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 chihuahuas and German Shepherd
    So who's the Alpha? Probably one of the chihuahuas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. redstate! I tried your suggestion of diet Sprite and vodka - yummy!

    Dinner time, but I'll BBIAB.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here you are JCM.. Good thing we have a great supplier. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bar Wench said...

    Here you are JCM.. Good thing we have a great supplier. ;-)


    Love the glass!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Army Wife, hi! What'll you have tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Shepherd is, actually. She raised them and will put up with their shenanigans for awhile, but when she has had enough she splats them with her paw. She is an old lady, so her tolerance gets less and less for them jumping all over her. She will try to join in the Chihuahua 500 every now and again, and when she does, they give her a WIDE birth. It is funny to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Brandy! Just red wine is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. JCM
    I always like Huey Lewis. Still have some old cassettes at the lake house.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Found some in the cooler Sasquatch!

    *tips*

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Army Wife
    Pets are so entertaining. I never intended to have four dogs, but watching their interaction and jockeying for people position is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for plugging the jukebox guys.

    Red wine coming up Army Wife.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Squatch
    Makes me wish I still had my go-go boots!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Here, Redstate. Borrow mine. size 7 ok?

    ReplyDelete
  25. All y'all with your dark beers. I know they're supposed to be good, but I just can't handle them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, it does, Brandy! Thank you! And thank you for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Army Wife
    Here, Redstate. Borrow mine. size 7 ok?
    LOL! If I wear them on my hands. I'm a 9. Big'uns!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Army Wife
    That song makes me smile.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I bet you are tall, though, redstate. I wish I was tall!

    ReplyDelete
  30. redstateredneck said...

    All y'all with your dark beers. I know they're supposed to be good, but I just can't handle them.


    May I recommend a nice Trippel

    ReplyDelete
  31. JCM said...

    They want to name a county Louie Louie ?

    Well, crazier stuff could happen. Obama could win the Nobel Peace Prize, how crazy would that be ?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stay classy, State Dept:

    State Dept. on Nobel: 'Better to be thrown accolades than shoes'

    WASHINGTON (CNN) – "Certainly from our standpoint, this gives us a sense of momentum — when the United States has accolades tossed its way, rather than shoes."

    That's the take of Hillary Clinton's State Department on President Obama being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, according to her spokesman, Assistant Secretary PJ Crowley.


    /double Stoley bloody mary please, Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Well, Pink. The Clintons have never been known for class, now have they?

    ReplyDelete
  34. It could get so crazy Obama could win the Nobel Peace Prize for what he might can maybe do!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Pink
    You've got to try Tito's vodka. I'm tellin' you it's better than Stoley or Grey Goose or Ketel One. And made in America! No import tax, too. Really smooth vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  36. They may think that giving the Nobel Peace Prize to a profoundly unqualified recipient is a "giant f*ck you to George Bush" but in fact it's quite the opposite. It demonstrates, as if it needed be, that the prevailing Leftist Western mindset had no idea what "peace" means, let alone what it costs. Peace is not something awarded to a posturing dilettante by a panel of political hacks. Peace is won by the men & women willing to fight for it & willing to die for it.

    All these pompous fools at the Nobel Committee were willing to do is "make a statement" expressing the unbounded depths of their gullibility.

    This award is nothing more or less than a manifestation of the tendency of certain politically correct drones to provide the narcissistic supply to America's Pollyanna President.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Pink!

    Coming right up with the bloody mary.

    ReplyDelete
  38. It's warm here tonight -- give me a G&T

    ReplyDelete
  39. @Pink: what a bunch of "tools". Then again, Foggy Bottom will be Foggy Bottom...

    ReplyDelete
  40. "But Bobby Muller, who won the Nobel Prize as co-founder of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, told The Times: "I don't have the highest regard for the thinking or process of the Nobel committee. Maybe Norway should give it to Sweden so they can more properly handle the Peace Prize along with all the other Nobel prizes."

    heh.

    ReplyDelete
  41. The kids are driving me nuts, but driving the wife more nuts.

    Had to get Fat Kitteh from the vet. He had to have surgery -- he's got a line of staples 4" long down his left side. Obviously he got into one heck of a fight.

    I guess he should count himself lucky he wasn't eaten by a coyote -- the vet told me that in the last couple months several of his clients found parts of their cats scattered on the lawn in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What Price for Obama’s Nobel Prize?

    "Obama said on Friday morning that he will accept this award as “a call to action.” Action on whose behalf? The five Norwegians who make up the Nobel peace prize committee chose to give him this award, for their own purposes. Obama, and America, owe them nothing. The real hope is that Obama will remember he took an oath (twice) not to serve as global spokesman for the Norwegian Nobel Committee, but “to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” Before his presidency is over, keeping faith with that oath may require him to do things would knock the stuffing out of the featherbed philosophy of this sanctimonious crowd of Scandinavian free-riders."

    http://pajamasmedia.com/claudiarosett/what-price-for-obamas-nobel-prize/

    ReplyDelete
  43. #Kenneth: that, and tranzi "New Class" elites looking after their own.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lucius
    How many of his 9 lives has Fat Kitteh used?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Kenneth, F2 and Lucius! Good to see all of you.

    What are you drinkin?

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh, Well That Explains It Then: White House's Embrace on Taliban Based on Hopes They Will Become More Like... Hezballah
    —Ace

    I feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Fat Kitteh still has a bunch of lives left, though he's really going to be pissed when I have to put the funnel thing back on his neck.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks Brandy! We had a "cool" front come through earlier so it's gumbo for supper tonight. The house smells like Arnaud's. MMMmmm....

    Redstate, I'll keep my eye open for Tito's

    ReplyDelete
  49. OMG Pink. Wish I could come over for some of that gumbo.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Obama to supporters: I’m sharing this award with everyone who’s “dared to hope” - from Hotair

    Guess this counts me out. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  51. AW, I had hopes before he came along.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Pink
    Still stormy here. And much cooler! Looks like we're in for it all night and my daughter just had to go to Hammond for sushi. Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Re: the Hizbullah thing, I suspect what will happen is that there will be a slew of really bad terrorist attacks and other bits of nastiness; in the aftermath, Obama will say "they lied to me! I trusted them!" in the same way as Dimmeh Carter did. He will then make all sorts of contradictory noises and do a few scattered and largely pointless things. For his efforts he will get no love from either Right or Left. His presidency will end in disgrace as he is repudiated by all sides.

    With respect to politics in this country, the result might be healthy. His own party repudiating him might, in fact, be the necessary means for eliminating race as a political issue. The problem is, how much damage will he do in the meantime?

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love good gumbo, but you just cannot be chintzy on the seafood. Pass the file'.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Do you think Obama is sitting there saying to Michelle "Why are people so upset? Why don't they think I deserve this? Can't they see how wonderfully wonderful I am? Maybe they are just jealous of my awesomeness"

    ReplyDelete
  56. I'm gonna let the puppies out - brb

    ReplyDelete
  57. AW

    She probably just responded by saying "Shut up, Big Dummy!"

    ReplyDelete
  58. Evenin', all. So happy to see all of you. Brandy, any Corona Light in the house?

    ReplyDelete
  59. Armywife,

    Actually, that's what Michelle is saying to Barry.

    "They only say those mean things about you because they're jealous.."

    ReplyDelete
  60. Lucius, sorry to hear about Fat Kitteh. My kittehs are strictly indoors.

    Incidently, looks like more storms coming in from the Northwest tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Take a moment.
    You have a two party evil money cult in control of your life.
    You have a two party evil money cult in control of the destiney of your children and grandchildren.
    You have a two party evil money cult who by fraud in the open, who now steal your lifes
    work product by tax and spend theft and long boney finger pointing used to misdirect your just rath.

    What will you do about this America is the only real question on the table.

    http://www.blowoutcongress.com

    Act Up Now.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Doppel -- I was just looking at the radar and saw that.

    He's an indoor cat -- it was the first time he'd been outside for more than about 10 minutes in all his eight years. One of the kids let him out, obviously, and he ended up spending a night outside and got into a fight.

    Will he learn? No -- he really is dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Kenneth said...

    Armywife,

    Actually, that's what Michelle is saying to Barry.

    "They only say those mean things about you because they're jealous.."


    It wasn't true when my mom said it, either.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Have ya'll seen the story yet of the rabid libs howling over Republicans in Broward County doing a little shooting practice? Seems someone wrote the initials of the local Dem rep on one of the targets.

    Evidently, this was enough to make the news in 23i publications ...as expected, the reactions are similar to this (statement by Wasserman Schultz, the Dem rep mentioned above):

    "There is nothing light or funny about pretending to shoot someone. At a time in our country when people are bringing guns to Town Hall Meetings and a preacher is calling for the death of our President, I find this type of action serious and disturbing. Tonight I am going to have to talk to my young children about why someone is pretending to shoot their mother. Trivializing violent behavior is the kind of extreme view that has no place in American politics."


    /but hey! It's ok to make movies about assassinating Bush

    ReplyDelete
  65. Dopp
    If this stuff we're getting keeps heading east you're in for it by late tomorrow or Sunday. But I will gladly take the rain for a few days of cooler temps. I'm in that in between time when you have to have your summer clothes and your winter clothes all crammed into the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Blood on his sleeve said...

    Take a moment.
    You have a two party evil money cult in control of your life.


    No mystery here. How you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  67. Still stormy here. And much cooler! Looks like we're in for it all night and my daughter just had to go to Hammond for sushi.

    Blew over here in an hour (3-4pm), redstate. Warning said 60 mph winds and hail but it never got that bad. Now it's just a light rain.

    ReplyDelete
  68. low as you go Democrats
    you can not beat that low life
    CBS crum bumb Dave Letter"cur dog".

    ReplyDelete
  69. Obama was no mystery, if you cared enough to look.

    *sticks head back into bottle*

    ReplyDelete
  70. Good evening Kenneth! Something to drink?

    ReplyDelete
  71. The guy that is in jail for the deal on Dave Letterman, is the one who should be the one
    who gets to beat the sorry sob bad in some
    bar parking lot. IMO

    ReplyDelete
  72. Dave Letter'curdog' needs the dog poop beat out of him.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I'm sure we have something Kenneth. Be right back.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Thanks, Brandy.

    redstate, now I know who to blame! We've had some gorgeous cool nights and a few days where it stayed around 70. I love cool, blustery weather, but we don't get much of that until November or December.

    ReplyDelete
  75. sasquatchonsteroids said...

    Obama was no mystery, if you cared enough to look.


    Gramscian Whore!
    Marxist!

    Few looked behind the curtain of Hope-n-Change, those that did got slapped down.

    ReplyDelete
  76. How about Glenlivet, Kenneth? I'll get you a glass and ice.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Bar Wench put a picture on the Dart Board....

    Nobel Peace Prize Awarded to President Obama
    October 9th, 2009 by Speaker Pelosi


    President Obama is working to restore American leadership worldwide and build bonds of friendship across the globe. The Nobel Peace Prize is a testament to his leadership and vision and a tribute to American values. I offer my congratulations to President Obama on this outstanding achievement.

    Diplomacy and cooperation are the cornerstones of a strong, effective foreign policy. President Obama has worked tirelessly to put these principles into practice. In an age when the actions of one nation can affect the future of all nations, the President has recognized the need for global solutions to our most pressing challenges. And he is rallying the world around the common causes of building a world free of nuclear weapons, combating climate change, defeating the forces of terror, securing human rights, and pursuing peace among all nations.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Thanks, that will do fine, Ahhh...

    http://media.photobucket.com/image/scotsman/nolawn_photo/Misc/Scotsman.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  79. President Obama is working to restore American leadership worldwide and build bonds of friendship across the globe.
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    /dabs corners of lips with hanky

    ReplyDelete
  80. Bar Wench a picture for the other dart board.

    Reid Congratulates President Obama For Being Awarded 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

    “By ushering in a period of optimism in American politics, President Obama has become a great source of pride and inspiration for many Americans. I congratulate the President on this tremendous honor that he has earned with his dedication to a new type of politics based on hope instead of fear. I am confident that the President will work to continue to live up the ideals of this award throughout his term in office.”

    ReplyDelete
  81. Breaking:

    Obama impregnated my wife and never even met her!

    *sticks head back into bottle*

    ReplyDelete
  82. JCM, when that one gets good an worn out there's always this one.

    ReplyDelete
  83. http://jammiewearingfool.blogspot.com/2009/10/classy-letterman-brought-his-girlfriend.html


    And the No. 1 reason David Letterman is a cad: The "Late Show" host brought the assistant he was sleeping with on Caribbean vacations with his wife and their young son, sources told The Post.

    via our own JammieWearingFool

    ReplyDelete
  84. crap, what a lousy f***ing day for sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I hope David Letterman's wife has a very good lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  86. sasquatchonsteroids,

    so have another drink...

    ReplyDelete
  87. I saw that Letterman info somewhere today as well. Disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  88. sasquatchonsteroids said...
    crap, what a lousy f***ing day for sanity.

    Good thing it was a Friday, huh? At least we can sleep our hangovers off tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Bar Wench said...

    JCM, when that one gets good an worn out there's always this one.


    I just want one thing form J F'n K.

    The word written box 24 of his original DD-214.

    ReplyDelete
  90. I'm surfing around the CNN site a bit, and I'm really surprised. Why are Politics and Crime two separate categories?

    ReplyDelete
  91. The best lawyer David's money can buy!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Gotta take a little break. My eyes are giving out.
    BBL

    ReplyDelete
  93. Y'know, my first reaction was despair at the news, but the more I've read of the responses, the more I've come to believe that this may end up being one of the worst things that could have happened to him.

    Taranto's take was pretty good:

    Yasser Arafat won a Nobel Peace Prize, too. In a way, though, this comparison is unfair to Arafat, who, by signing the Oslo Accords, had at least accomplished something on paper. What has Barack Obama, in office less than nine months, actually done to promote peace?

    Besides the beer summit, we mean.

    You see the problem here. The jokes write themselves. Six days ago, "Saturday Night Live" was mocking Obama for having accomplished nothing, and the president's media protectors were crying foul. After all, can't expect a guy to accomplish very much in a few short months. But the incongruity of this staggeringly premature honor--the equivalent of a lifetime-achievement Oscar for a child star--makes yesterday's satire into today's news. Thus Jennifer Loven of the Associated Press:

    The awarding of the Nobel Peace Price to President Barack Obama landed with a shock on darkened, still-asleep Washington. He won! For what? . . .

    The prize seems to be more for Obama's promise than for his performance. Work on the president's ambitious agenda, both at home and abroad, is barely underway, much less finished. He has no standout moment of victory that would seem to warrant a verdict as sweeping as that issued by the Nobel committee.

    And what about peace? Obama is running two wars in the Muslim world--in Iraq and Afghanistan--and can't get a climate change bill through his own Congress.

    His scorecard for the year is largely an "incomplete," if he's being graded.

    Loven goes on to list the promises yet unkept: closing Guantanamo, bringing the troops home from Iraq, making peace between Israel and the Palestinian Arabs, etc. The only thing missing is "Live, from New York . . .!"

    ReplyDelete
  94. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  95. true that redstate.
    beer,water,beer,beer,water,shot,shot,water.

    ReplyDelete
  96. What kind of shot do you want with your Kostritzer?

    ReplyDelete
  97. Twinks now up 3-1 in the top of the 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Lucius, I read Taranto's take earlier, and I'm inclined to agree with him. This is already spinning out into an embarrassment for the White House. Obama is... Harriet Miers, essentially. Just as I'm sure Miers eventually wished Bush had simply lost her phone number, so, I'm guessing, will Obama wish (if he doesn't already) that Pete Seeger had won the damn thing.

    ReplyDelete
  99. sasquatchonsteroids said...

    true that redstate.
    beer,water,beer,beer,water,shot,shot,water.

    Good idea. Time for another beer.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Later, gotta run a take care of a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Blood on his sleeve said...

    grrrrrrrrrrrrr


    I've got some brand new darts. Want me to slap that other picture up right away?

    ReplyDelete
  102. I'm surfing around the CNN site a bit, and I'm really surprised. Why are Politics and Crime two separate categories?

    A better question is why does 0bama have his
    own category at the top of the Telegraph UK?

    ReplyDelete
  103. "the equivalent of a lifetime-achievement Oscar for a child star"

    Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  104. OR -- Pete Seeger hasn't gotten the prize? What? Surely, Mary Travers must of gotten it by now.

    ReplyDelete
  105. What kind of shot do you want with your Kostritzer?

    What the hay,gimme the cough medicine.

    Break it down

    ReplyDelete
  106. Great, Sea Snot, like I didn't have enough problems already.

    /

    ReplyDelete
  107. I vote we all get outfits and ding Disco Inferno!

    ReplyDelete
  108. Meanwhile, in other news, gigantic blobs of mucus are filling up the Mediterranean Sea

    Kind of the way my head feels right now.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Oh Noes! the Mediteranean sea has the Swine Flu!

    ReplyDelete
  110. I vote we all get outfits and ding Disco Inferno!

    I'm game (or drunk enough, either one works)

    ReplyDelete
  111. SaS -- with your request for cough syrup, I thought you might have picked this song

    (you really have to listen to the words -- it's pretty funny)

    ReplyDelete
  112. tfk got some zombie in me
    tfk did meet up's with
    loon liberal earth first atty's
    in Dallas Tx during the deal
    between Bush and Kerry,

    My guess is tfk other ID
    still has cred in the loon world
    may use it to get in to a Donk deal
    where Kerry is at,,,

    then,,
    get close behind him
    "whisper real low in his ear"

    "You no good liar, you lied about American fighting men and your hell bound"

    them smile and walk away...

    ReplyDelete
  113. Lucius Septimius said...

    Meanwhile, in other news, gigantic blobs of mucus are filling up the Mediterranean Sea


    The Med has swine flu?

    ReplyDelete
  114. How's this, Sasquatch.

    There's a worm in there.
    Cool.

    *tip*

    ReplyDelete
  115. You know, the politicos on the left keeps claiming Obama has ushered in an era of "optimism", "bi-partisanship", "hope", yada, yada, yada.....

    Did someone legalize drugs and forget to tell the rest of us?

    ReplyDelete
  116. TFK - I wanna go with you! Can I? PLEASE? PLEASE? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  117. Lucious, I saw that story when it broke yesterday. ABC said at that time there was also a report of neonazi as well as anarchist stuff in the house. What a bunch of kooks.

    ReplyDelete
  118. (you really have to listen to the words -- it's pretty funny)

    you were right about the cough syrup ref, of course.

    There's words to that song ?
    //

    ReplyDelete
  119. Thanks Brandy. Interestingly, the first reports mentioned neo-Nazi and anarchist literature but said he wasn't known to be affiliated with any right-wing groups. (Wrap your head around that one, eh?) None of the stories today have mentioned anything of the kind. Methinks someone was pulling "facts" out of their ass yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  120. I'm home! How's everybody this lovely evening?

    ReplyDelete
  121. Doppel, saw that too. Don'tcha just love the MSM.

    ReplyDelete
  122. Hi Dianna! Here, have a bowl of gumbo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  123. Thank you, Pink. I hope it's mild? Or is that sacrilege?

    ReplyDelete
  124. Welcome, Dianna! Here, pull up a seat.

    ReplyDelete
  125. Hi, doppelganglander!

    How is the evening treating you?

    ReplyDelete
  126. A meme I've seen in a few places: libs are actually more upset about the Nobel Piece Prize going to a rookie (at best) than conservatives. Conservatives already consider the "prize" a joke anyhow, while libs still take it seriously.

    Gotta run along now. Have a good evening, all!

    ReplyDelete
  127. Sasquatch, those singers made me think of this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  128. Quite spicy, Dianna. Perfect, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  129. Dianna! So nice to see you.

    Everytime I see your name in my address book it reminds me how far behind I am on the witchcraft project.

    ReplyDelete
  130. Diana, welcome to the pub. May I get you a drink on the house?

    ReplyDelete
  131. How does one quote? Just cut and paste?

    ReplyDelete
  132. Sasquatch, those singers made me think of this picture.

    ROFLMAO.
    Look at the pretty colors...

    ReplyDelete
  133. 3-1 Twins, bottom of the ninth.

    /and here comes Joe Nathan for the last three Yankee outs

    ReplyDelete
  134. I'm doing well, thanks, Dianna. How is the book coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  135. Bar Wench, I'll take a glass of any red wine, and thank you!

    Lucius, it's good to see you. I still wait for your work.

    Hi, every one! I'm pulling up a seat.

    Forgive me for stepping out for a couple minutes - I need to set up my glass and clear a couple things off my home desk.

    ReplyDelete
  136. Killian Bundy said...

    Sweet! Where are they in the lineup ?

    ReplyDelete
  137. Dianna, how did your business with "numbers" go?

    May we assume you are in the numbers racket?

    //

    ReplyDelete
  138. TFK is here? Dang this is a great blog crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  139. I can never explain how to do the links for people, it always tells me something's not allowed. LOL Can anyone help Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  140. sasquatchonsteroids said...

    Sweet! Where are they in the lineup ?


    Rodriguez.

    /man on first, no outs

    ReplyDelete
  141. Occasional Reader said...

    Dianna, how did your business with "numbers" go?

    May we assume you are in the numbers racket?

    //

    I balanced two months to the penny and made pretty charts.

    Running numbers would probably be more fun, but this was much less likely to land me in jail.

    So it's a wash.

    ReplyDelete
  142. Okay, Dianna... you're in the "olive oil importing business"... got it. /wink

    ReplyDelete
  143. Diana, here's your wine. It's on the house tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  144. 2 run homer for A-Rod

    All tied up, no outs.

    ReplyDelete
  145. Tie game.

    /at least the bases are empty

    ReplyDelete
  146. Thank you, Bar Wench; that is a truly lovely picture!

    ReplyDelete
  147. Import/export.

    And no one is to make jokes about the uncle delivered in a barrel of kalamata olives.

    ReplyDelete
  148. Well, my daughter went into my bathroom, got my nail scissors and cut off about half of her hair. And not in any orderly way. She looks horrible -- tomorrow her mother will have to take her to get a real haircut.

    It will be the first time her hair, her long, lovely, curly, blond hair, has ever been cut.

    *sigh*

    Earlier today she decided to make me a birthday cake (about a month late) and to that end broke 14 eggs into a bowl.

    We had quiche for dinner.

    ReplyDelete