Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Liberty Pub - OPEN

230 comments:

  1. LOL,everyones downstairs talking about cane toads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cane toads? I missed the thread, darnit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. I need something really strong, but not mezcal.
    Surprise me ?

    *tip*

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Brandy! Sorry I'm late...again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just me and the 2 babes.

    Life.Is.Good.

    Evening,Brandy and Babmbi !

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops, Bambi, sorry about that. I was eating a peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi SOS!How was your day? A hard day...doing whatever Sasquatches do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sasquatch, how about this Long Island Iced Tea? No umbrella tonight but it's got the cute flower thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's ok. Let me make some snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Your hair looks GREAT, Brandy! I didn't know you were getting it cut today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A hard day...doing whatever Sasquatches do?

    Thanks for asking!
    Didn't step into any bear traps,and that's always a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Save a little plate of those snacks in the back for us, would you Bambi? I'm starving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd better check the staircase in case something's going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Drinks on Sas. A scotch from the top shelf, please Brandy.:)) Thanks Sas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sasquatch, how about this Long Island Iced Tea?

    That's perfect!
    I was in SC one time and ordered one of those.
    I didn't know they charged by each liquor they used. It was something like $12 for that damn thing. Last one I ordered,too.

    How was your day ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Damn this place must be getting busy. Two beautiful girls behind the bar. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wench! Belhaven Scottish Stout if you please!

    Evening all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Sas.

    It would be my pleasure to buy you a drink, ETR.
    Anytime,Anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good to see you JCM. Coming up with the stout.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bar Wench Brandy said...

    Erik, nice to see you. Your usual?


    That would be fantastic Brandy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good evening, Brandy. My but that's a fetching dirndl you have on! Do you suppose I could I get a nice Riesling tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  22. w00t bar time.

    Maybe I will find a muse now. :p

    /can't think at all today.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi brandy and Bambi, sorry for being late.

    May I have a strong, ice-cold G 'n T ?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Heh, guess Kenneth gets two glasses.

    I'll get the Gin and Tonic for Cal, Bambi.

    Hi Cal!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kenneth won't need a refill for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, What Up, Cal? (My Michael Steele impression)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bar Wench Brandy said...

    Here's your blue label, Erik. How was your day?


    The day was good, thank you. My deal is bust but this will turn out to be good. The Jobber/Gas company like me and I am working on something directly with them. They have some closed stores that I may get into. Short term to get running and then I can flip them. We will see. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  28. Squatch relaxed as a cat after sleep. :-)

    Spa did it's wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Brandy, I'll just do snacks and music for awhile and will pitch in for drinks if it gets crazy - maybe some kareoke, too

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey talk about service! I like this bar!

    ReplyDelete
  31. HELLO LADIES!

    Now I know how Hugh Hefner feels when he walks into the Mansion lounge after a long day in his pajamas.

    Single-malt Scotch, double please, a 40 to pour on teh curb for the Rams, and a glass of bile for my new best pal Rick "Dirty" Sanchez.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Phil, nice to see you. Something to drink?

    ReplyDelete
  33. Spa did it's wonders.

    Was that a regular spa or a (wink wink) spa.

    //

    ReplyDelete
  34. Kenneth said...
    Hey talk about service! I like this bar!


    You should ask for a hug ...

    ReplyDelete
  35. OLT

    LMAO.I wish I'd never run across that Urban Dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  36. sasquatchonsteroids,
    Was that a regular spa or a (wink wink) spa.

    //

    ---

    It was a wellness spa including a sauna section. Very regular no wink and no ...

    Relaxin' was on the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Brandy, can I get just a rum and ginger ale. Still fighting a cough here. I think it's gotten better today.

    ReplyDelete
  38. A very incisive post at Belmont Club today on what public health care really means, no matter the rhetoric or who is saying it...

    "e times. Indeed, upon listening to the speech there was more to it than that. Although Reich is liberal he is also incorrigibly intelligent and his remarks were framed as a speech by a hypothetical candidate, who for perverse reasons, could only tell the truth. His main point was that the truth was untellable. And although his politics are left of center, his hypothetical unspeakable speech slaughtered every sacred cow the Berkeley audience held dear."

    RTWT and understand why the pundits left & right are not saying what it really means, but the people, (that's you), are.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Coming right up Phil. Glad to hear you're a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  40. linky: http://pajamasmedia.com/richardfernandez/2009/10/14/the-miracle-of-the-loaves-and-fishes/

    ReplyDelete
  41. sasquatchonsteroids said...
    Was that a regular spa or a (wink wink) spa.

    Is that like special karaoke?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Kenneth - do you have a link? I'd like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Brandy, perfect on all counts.

    Gents (and ladies), a moment of silence for the Rams and their loss of Rush Limbaugh due to race-baiters and hustlers.

    /steps outside, pours 40 on the curb

    This empty bottle shall stand on the counter tonight to remind us all of the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Good Evening CCers!

    Wow! We have two Bar Wenches? How cool is this place?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Glad you like the new haircut Bambi. I liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Is that like special karaoke?

    As opposed to regular karaoke ?
    Or is that an Urban Dictionary thing ?

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks Brandy, wish I could have that view here in T.O. been pretty cold here for the past few days. Below freezing for the past couple of mornings.

    /way below seasonal
    //I WANT MY GLOBAL WARMING BACK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi BoB! What would you like to drink tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  49. If I understood Robert Reich's comments correctly, he is confirming practically everything negative that has been said about Obamacare by the right--notwithstanding his own leftist politics.

    Which is another way of saying that Reich, leftist though he be, is au fond an honest man, and is saying that Obamacare is an oppressive fraud.

    Have I got that right?

    ReplyDelete
  50. That was a nice view, Phil. Chilly where I live right now but rarely gets that cold.

    ReplyDelete
  51. OLT - a candle for the remembrance.

    ReplyDelete
  52. It was 95 here today Phil...send a cool front my way will ya!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Jorline, Buzzsaw! Nice to see you both. What would you like to drink tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  54. Just an ice water tonight, please Brandy. Gotta get up early tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Jorline said...

    LMAO. That's just bad,LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  56. What would you like to drink tonight?

    Cyanide on the rocks will do for me.

    ReplyDelete
  57. buzzsawmonkey said...

    What would you like to drink tonight?

    Cyanide on the rocks will do for me.


    What? Not the traditional cup of hemlock?

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hey Phil,

    No kidding, it's gotten quite cool the last few days. I finally broke down and put on the furnace. Glad to see you are on the mend, but I hear this cold can come back again & again.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Brandy, you are an angel. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hey Y'all - just a repost from the last thread which was all that showed on my screen at the time CC!!!
    Just a drive-by y'all!
    Now lets see here, Jesse (I'm sick of hearing about the Holocaust) and Al (Remember Tawana Brawley) block Rush's involvment as a LIMITED PARTNER in a group looking to buy the Rams and that's not racist? Limited Partners by law have no say in the management of the Limited Partnership or LLC that would have owned the Rams, but if one of them had said what WAS true at the time- that the NFL WAS INDEED hoping that McNabb would succeed at least partly to show that Blacks could succeed at skill postions - there had been few black QB's in the NFL prior to him - wasn't paying attention AT ALL. 96% of Black Voters voted for Obama but that's not Racist. Had 96% of White Voters voted for McCain that WOULD have been racist. And people don't think that denying Rush a limited partnership postion was a racist move by the NFL, probably also think that Michael Vick actually got Justice, too.
    Sorry I haven't been around much folks - too much on my plate I'm afraid - but I did want to welcome Buzz to C2 and all the other new commenters as well.
    And now I have to go eat - and medicate and etc., I hope you all have a GREAT EVENING and that I get the chance to see you all down the road.

    October 14, 2009 5:34 PM

    ReplyDelete
  61. sasquatchonsteroids said...
    Is that like special karaoke?

    As opposed to regular karaoke ?
    Or is that an Urban Dictionary thing ?


    It's an Asian thing, and I ran like a little girl in a dark alley.

    I'll have to tell you some time.

    There I was in a five-star resort in Dongguan, enjoying a respite from my labors, when my cohorts and I ventured in to their night club and karaoke venue. While sipping a beer at the bar next to a young femal colleague (I am old enough to be her father, since my eldest and she share a birth year!), when I am tapped on the shoulder and turn to be confronted by a row of karaoke girls arrayed in the finest of '80's prom fashion. The matron intoned smokily, "You like girl?"

    Well, Hell yes I like girl.

    So much once that I got married (the pain!) ;)

    Forced I was to abdicate my throne at the bar and go a-wandering with my beer and reputation intact.

    ReplyDelete
  62. PP: Only Socrates moms drink hemlock nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  63. buzzsawmonkey said...
    If I understood Robert Reich's comments correctly, he is confirming practically everything negative that has been said about Obamacare by the right--notwithstanding his own leftist politics.

    Which is another way of saying that Reich, leftist though he be, is au fond an honest man, and is saying that Obamacare is an oppressive fraud.

    Have I got that right?


    Barney Frank let the cat out of the bag too.

    As did as Obama

    The bill as released is a blank check for them.

    ReplyDelete
  64. well going to book it folks. shutting the computer down. See you all around tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  65. HI RW! So glad to see you. A topsy turvey world.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Good to see you Realwest. Thanks and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Good Evening realwest. Well said, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Bar Wench Brandy said...

    Jorline, Buzzsaw! Nice to see you both. What would you like to drink tonight?

    The usual Brandy, Tacate with lime.

    ReplyDelete
  69. JCM: I notice that the podium Obama is standing behind has a sign that says, "Civil, Human, and Women's Rights."

    Civil rights and "human rights" are antithetical. And...aren't women "human?" Do they really need a special category?

    ReplyDelete
  70. Howdy RW.
    So long RW.

    ReplyDelete
  71. buzz, that looks to be the long and short of it.

    And you know what about the hard truth? It doesn't offend me.

    I wonder why One-Third Reich wasn't this useful when I was paying his salary.

    ReplyDelete
  72. sasquatchonsteroids said...

    Jorline said...

    LMAO. That's just bad,LOL.


    Sorry about that brother, it won't happen again. I saw it and couldn't pass it up...lol

    ReplyDelete
  73. And...aren't women "human?" Do they really need a special category?

    You have obviously never been married.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Buzzsawmonkey,

    Yes, why yes, that's exactly correct. Reich was admitting that the economic foundations and ramifications if public health care are exactly what the critics say. Which is not to say that the particular plan will be directed to those ends, but that the effect, no matter what the intentions of the framers of the legislation, will be the same. You cannot escape the laws of economics.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Hey BandB, did you get my reply to your email?

    ReplyDelete
  76. buzzsawmonkey said...

    What would you like to drink tonight?

    Cyanide on the rocks will do for me.


    Crap...this means buzz will be foaming at the mouth for the next few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  77. I can't escape the laws of economics, Kenneth? But...but...my unicorn told me I could!

    ReplyDelete
  78. OldLineTexan said...

    Heh. Good story.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Maybe they've been hanging out with Kirk and are into alien (non-human) women now.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Erik, yes I did, but I have not had a chance to follow up. Been very busy, at home and at work.

    Don't these people understand that I have a life online that I need to attend to?

    ReplyDelete
  81. Well, I do have to commend the One-Third Reich for his honesty.

    Sad thing is, it will not stop the runaway train.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Hi all, and I'll BBIAB. I had just about convinced the family that living without heat like the pioneers was cool and my daughter was fine with that, but my three little sons have discovered that with a simple flip of the switch, their mornings become a lot more pleasant. Add their votes to my bride's and it's time to go turn it on...

    ReplyDelete
  83. Evening all. Howdy buzzsaw, great to see you.
    Ledeen reports rumors in the Tehran bazaaar that Khameini is pining for the fjords.

    ReplyDelete
  84. sasquatchonsteroids said...


    Heh. Good story.


    You could stay overnight in the "spa". Now you tell me what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Hope you get to feelin' better, Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Hey Spenser, maybe if you turned on the bride instead she might change her vote. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  87. Hey Jim in V. long time no see !

    How are ya?

    ReplyDelete
  88. Now you tell me what that means.

    You'd be wrinkly as hell in the morning ?

    heehaw.

    ReplyDelete
  89. buzzsawmonkey said...
    Well, I do have to commend the One-Third Reich for his honesty.

    Sad thing is, it will not stop the runaway train.


    Nope, the Gimme Express is a runaway train, wrong way on a one-way track.

    One more promise (they) can't keep.

    Check these lyrics ...

    ReplyDelete
  90. Spenser, Jim! Nice to see both of you. Anything to drink?

    ReplyDelete
  91. sasquatchonsteroids said...

    You'd be wrinkly as hell in the morning ?

    heehaw.


    The only "happy ending" I can afford in China is red plum ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Bar Wench Brandy said...

    Tecate it is Jorline. Coming right up with a glass.

    Thanks Brandy...Hey, I like the hair.

    /if I was only twenty years younger....twenty pounds lighter

    ....had more hair



    ....made more money



    ....if I didn't need that damn little blue pill.






    ....didn't hang out in the woods with Sas & DEZ.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Hey callahan, EtR, Old Line Texan. Brandy, I'll take a Baileys please. I'm fine, just way too busy. Real life intervenes.
    OLT, how bout them Owls? Typical season.
    EtR, what's news on the gas station front?

    ReplyDelete
  94. Jorline, LMAO

    Where's DEZ tonight anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  95. Jorline, how's the big CC? Are you warmed back up to normal?

    ReplyDelete
  96. Ah, teh Owls.

    Well, I didn't live through that for the football.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  97. Crap, missed JiV coming through the door there.
    Everything good I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  98. What, there's more to college than football?

    ReplyDelete
  99. Good evening friends!
    It's freezing here tonight.
    Phil, I want some gorebull warming too.

    ReplyDelete
  100. No fancy drinks for me, thanks. I go with Sheldon Leonard's line from "It's a Wonderful Life": "We serve hard booze here for men who want to get drunk fast."

    ReplyDelete
  101. Bar Wench Brandy said...

    Jorline, LMAO

    Where's DEZ tonight anyway?


    Slumming...didn't he play hooky last night as well.

    Like that cat of mine...you give them an inch and they want to stay out all night.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Honest off I wasn't using the phone and driving....

    The phone was driving!

    ReplyDelete
  103. Jim in Virginia said...
    What, there's more to college than football?


    We'll always have Willy's ...

    ReplyDelete
  104. Hey squatch, all well here. You? Still hairy?

    ReplyDelete
  105. ....didn't hang out in the woods with Sas & DEZ.

    Just kick us to the curb over a mini-skirt,eh ??

    /can't blame ya.

    ReplyDelete
  106. PIMF...
    off... Officer....

    So busted, just one beer, honest just one!

    ReplyDelete
  107. Jim in Virginia said...

    Jorline, how's the big CC? Are you warmed back up to normal?

    Hey Jim...YEP, we were at 95 today. Cooling down to the mid 80's this weekend though.

    How are you tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  108. Jim in Virginia said...

    Hey squatch, all well here. You? Still hairy?


    Well, now that is a rather personal question.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Jorline, it's rainy and in the 40's/ 50's here. Fall came early.

    ReplyDelete
  110. Hey squatch, all well here. You? Still hairy?

    All clear here.
    Lost an eyebrow in the hedge trimmer incident, but it's growing back nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  111. Now you're talking. I don't know if that's bad whisky or simply cheap calvados, but it seems to be the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  112. Lost an eyebrow in the hedge trimmer incident, but it's growing back nicely.

    Is that what that was? I called animal control but no one could identify it.

    ReplyDelete
  113. Fall came early.

    hmmm..thought my wife never told anyone her pet name for me...

    ///

    ReplyDelete
  114. Well, all ya'll, I know it was a short stop, but I gotta go count some sheep. Hope everyone has a great rest of their day.

    Later CCers!

    ReplyDelete
  115. Only the finest Mezcal, Buzz! Worm and all.

    ReplyDelete
  116. Squatch,
    Lost an eyebrow in the hedge trimmer incident, but it's growing back nicely.
    ---

    A too close shave ?

    ReplyDelete
  117. sb5k, hi! What would you like tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  118. sasquatchonsteroids said...

    ....didn't hang out in the woods with Sas & DEZ.

    Just kick us to the curb over a mini-skirt,eh ??

    /can't blame ya.


    /Knock it off Sas...I'mway ayingplay ethay ympathysay ardcay.

    ReplyDelete
  119. Is that what that was? I called animal control but no one could identify it.

    Well, there you go. Sell it on Ebay. Some sucker'll buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  120. Always nice to see you BaB. Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  121. I'll have a cabernet souvignon (sp?) while I watch Mythbusters test duct tape myths.

    ReplyDelete
  122. Save some for me. They say it's going to be a cool wet winter for us.

    /fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  123. Sas - Mythbusters on Duct Tape

    Damn. OK, I turned the channel.

    Duct Tape Tater Tosser.

    Quit giving Hamas ideas, you foooolssss.

    ///

    ReplyDelete
  124. JCM said...

    Lost an eyebrow in the hedge trimmer incident, but it's growing back nicely.

    Is that what that was? I called animal control but no one could identify it.


    He shoots...he scores...3 points!

    ReplyDelete
  125. Buzz, if it taste like cheap Calvadoes, then it really is bad whiskey.

    ReplyDelete
  126. I'll try this again...
    Thanks for the Merlot Brandy. The interwebs ate the first post.
    gah.

    ReplyDelete
  127. I'mway ayingplay ethay ympathysay ardcay.

    Hey, I named my boat Sea Blocker, I know no other way.

    ////

    ReplyDelete
  128. I am fascinated by the Reich speech.

    I do not believe the truth is untellable.

    I do believe that American politics has devolved into bread and circuses, but there is room for sober fearless pursuit of truth.

    /that last bit was for Jim in teh V to teh A

    ReplyDelete
  129. Ahhh, mescal and peyote. Not a good idea, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  130. Mezcal, or tequila, with that damn worm in it, is not kosher. Hence the whisky or calvados.

    ReplyDelete
  131. Everytime you call her Violet, I look around for Charlie Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  132. OLT,

    I'm willing to bet the voters would crave honesty, the pundits and nattering nabobs of negativity would eat an honest pol alive.

    ReplyDelete
  133. The worm is the healthiest part of either drink.

    ReplyDelete
  134. sasquatchonsteroids said...

    I'mway ayingplay ethay ympathysay ardcay.

    Hey, I named my boat Sea Blocker, I know no other way.


    lol

    ReplyDelete
  135. The sauna has it's effects. My eyelids are really heavy.
    Hummm. In dire need of sleep.
    It has again been interesting and educational, thanks y'all !
    - - -
    Gals, guys 'n 'menschen'.
    See y'all down the road.
    I love {y’all) Really!

    ReplyDelete
  136. Ahhh, mescal and peyote.

    With an Absinthe chaser......

    ReplyDelete
  137. A too close shave ?

    Damn practical jokers.
    I get it all, Cal.
    Shaving cream in the hand, dollar bills on the end of fishing poles, watching me chase after 'em.
    Every once in a while I catch 'em though.

    ReplyDelete
  138. JCM said...
    OLT,

    I'm willing to bet the voters would crave honesty, the pundits and nattering nabobs of negativity would eat an honest pol alive.


    I'm going to invent a time machine, avoid my youthful indiscretions like those years I spent smuggling tigers in Ceylon, and go into politics as the Last Honest Man.

    ReplyDelete
  139. Thanks OLT. Trying to recall a relevant Doc C quote but it has been way too long.

    ReplyDelete
  140. Right now, the voters want free gas and mortgages. Or at least more than half do.

    ReplyDelete
  141. I had some absinthe once. It was part of a stash in an old drug store that was "sold as food flavoring only, in compliance with US Prohibition laws."

    In other words, it had been on the shelf for 30 years or so. It was vile.

    ReplyDelete
  142. Night Cal

    /everyone is falling asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  143. OLT, I wish I could get the hang of posting links here. I could get some pretty funny Peanuts stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  144. OLT: You were snuggling tigers in Ceylon?

    ReplyDelete
  145. I never hung out with Doc C; missed my chance.

    And Dennis Huston was only Master my freshman year.

    Alas, we engineering students were already in pursuit of The Almighty Dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  146. OK Buzzsaw, I could swear we had that worm blessed but here's a Maker's Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  147. Right now, the voters want free gas and mortgages. Or at least more than half do.

    Speak it, O to the L to the T.

    ReplyDelete
  148. buzzsawmonkey said...
    OLT: You were snuggling tigers in Ceylon?


    Hold that tiger, I always say.

    ReplyDelete
  149. I'm more of a Scotch kind of guy, but Maker's is a pretty good bourbon. I figure if Bogart liked bourbon, there must be something to it.

    ReplyDelete
  150. buzzsawmonkey said...
    I had some absinthe once. It was part of a stash in an old drug store that was "sold as food flavoring only, in compliance with US Prohibition laws."

    In other words, it had been on the shelf for 30 years or so. It was vile.


    It's apparently legal again, a distiller in Woodinville WA is selling the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  151. Here are some nuts for everybody to snack on.

    ReplyDelete
  152. Somebody say, "Hold that tiger?"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui_icfQoAeU

    ReplyDelete
  153. we engineering students were already in pursuit of The Almighty Dollar
    Is there a downside to that? We still wound up with the cutest girls.

    ReplyDelete

By submitting your comments, you agree that you alone are responsible for their content. We reserve the right to remove comments we deem offensive or inappropriate, at our discretion. Disparaging remarks about other online communities, or their members, should be made elsewhere if you are so inclined. Finally, comments made below will be subject to public viewing.