Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Liberty Pub - OPEN

169 comments:

  1. Hey who tied my shoe laces together and pulled down my shorts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha it was you Cal. :))

    First round on you again buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU GUYS BEAT BRANDY HERE!! (She called in...she's stuck in traffic and is going to be a few minutes late. Help yourselves to the first one, on the house.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erik, I think we lost Phil in the race up the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erik The Red said...
    Hey who tied my shoe laces together and pulled down my shorts?

    Tee hee! That was me, and now I'm out! 'Nite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, It was me. We had it planned. Right Cal? *evil grin*

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are you guys drinking? I can set you up while we wait for the lovely Brandy. Bambi may not make it at all tonight - she had an emergency. : (

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I will have a double scotch with a nyquil chaser plase CC. Let Bambi know we are thinking about her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure will, guys. I'm not in here often - they're taking good care of you all, I trust? [Sets double scotch and nyquil on the bar, gives P2 a weird look.]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sticking to my usual old Irish whiskey, CC if you please?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi gang! Crazy traffic out there. Lots of rescue vehicles and firetrucks heading somewhere too. Hope there was not a bad accident.

    Can I get a drink for anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take my beer to go. Mr. Doppel requests my presence in front of the television, where we spend much of our quality time. Community/Parks and Recreation/The Office and NEW 30 Rock.

    However, I may have to skip those shows next week, as they seem to be part of Obama's Organic Propaganda Campaign. The only thing I'll be able to watch is "House."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brandy! Thank goodness you made it! (I am boring.)

    dopple, see you soon, we hope!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "What's the story Norm?"
    "Boy meets beer. Boy drinks beer. Boy meets another beer."

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for covering me CC.

    Did I kill the avatars again?

    ReplyDelete
  16. For a second I didn't see them, Brandy...but I see them now. Do you see them now?

    ReplyDelete
  17. You still look your charming self Brandy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Back ASAP...I have something to do. Some of our regulars are out tonight - could be mellow, but that's okay here and there. Maybe Brandy won't have to work so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you much, Brandy. Nice to see everyone. Anyone new today?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Phil.

    Now they are back again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brandy, I almost don't even use their tools to create posts anymore. I just write the HTML myself...if I use theirs, it never looks like I'm telling it to look. Never! Blogspot has a poltergeist.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haven't had a chance to check the threads today Spenser. CC might know if we have anyone new.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Brandy. I trust you are well. My usual please and put it on Cal's tab.

    ReplyDelete
  24. "Hey Mr. Peterson, there's a cold one waiting for you."
    "I know, if she calls, I'm not here."

    ReplyDelete
  25. CC, thanks!

    Hey Brandy - apropos rescue vehicles and firetrucks.
    Today a herd of them passed by my house and I only heard a muffled sound of it. All due to the fact that the property owner had insulation windows installed. The work on it just finished this noon.
    Before that every time such a gang of vehicles passed by the house (100+ years old) I was certain I stood in the midst of that hubbub.

    Good those shiny new windowsess are!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Josephine is new - but I don't know who that is.

    I also know of another person who will be coming, maybe even tonight - you guys will know that one. : )

    ReplyDelete
  27. See you guys in a little bit - great job as usual, Brandy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So my bride loves her new Mountain Hardwear fleece running tights. She's not a big fan of running in the cold, but she wanted to keep going and so I got these for her birthday. She looks good in them and ran 6 miles in the 42f weather.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cal, I never figured out what was going on. Firemen were coming from the next city as well as our own town. Perhaps something will be in the papers tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Brandy, it is ok, Erik and Phil are on my tab. I beat them yet again in the race to the bar. Heh.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Brandy, did someone put up a billboard of you and your red dress? That'd do it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Deft hand with your jukebox choice there Brandy!

    Just wonderful classical relaxing music.

    ReplyDelete
  33. If I wasn't on duty I'd play, Erik. I used to be fairly good at it as long as I had one drink in me.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Probably another kid playing with a giant balloon ... these things happen in threes.

    /

    ReplyDelete
  35. Libya frees 88 with al-Qaida links

    Libya on Thursday freed 88 Islamists with al-Qaida links from Abu Slim prison in Tripoli, an AFP correspondent at the scene reported.

    "45 members of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) and 43 members of other jihadist groups were freed thanks to the efforts of the Islamic Foundation," lawyers' groups said in a joint statement with the Foundation, headed by Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi's son Seif al-Islam.

    "Apart from the LIFG members, the other people freed were former al-Qaida members who were active in Afghanistan or Iraq," Saleh Saleh Abdessalem, an aide to Seif al-Islam, said.

    Gathered in the prison courtyard, the detainees met journalists before greeting their families amid ululation by women and cries of "Allahu Akbar" (God is greatest). Some broke down in tears in front of their children, wives and relatives.


    /88 more terrorists to put on the to kill list

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'll never forget one night when I got invited to shoot pool. I thought I was really looking good, playing some good pool too. I was kinda posing next to the table with my cue stick thinking I was cool and the stick got caught in the ceiling fan and whacked me a few times in the head. LOL It served me right for being egotistical.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Greetings from Ezeiza International Airport in Buenos Aires.

    You're all a bunch of racists! I'm attributing racist comments to ALL your asses right now, on your respective Wiki pages, so I can later cite Wiki as a source, regarding your racism!

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOO-HOO!

    I finally gots a Wiki Reputation Assassin® page?

    ReplyDelete
  39. from Abu Slim prison

    Aggravating news, KB... but I DO like the name "Abu Slim", and may just adopt is as my own.

    ReplyDelete
  40. LOL, OR. How are you doing? Something to drink?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Okay, Callahan. That pick is just plain evil. :p

    /at least it wasn't Shatner...

    ReplyDelete
  42. Abu Slim is a prison?

    I thought he was a Turkish pool shark ...

    ReplyDelete
  43. Bar Wench Brandy said... stick got caught in the ceiling fan and whacked me a few times in the head. LOL It served me right for being egotistical.

    ROTFLMAO. Brings one down to Earth. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  44. Spenser (with an S) said...
    So my bride loves her new Mountain Hardwear fleece running tights.


    Link, please.

    ReplyDelete
  45. OLT! Nice to see you. Would you like a drink?

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hey OR! I dare you to start singing "Don't Cry for Me Argentina!". In falsetto. On a bench. I'll buy your next two rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  47. (Just kiddin'... Mountain Hardware makes good stuff, good bang for the buck.)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Bar Wench Brandy said...

    Hi Killian! Can I get you something?


    No thanks.

    /still need to check under my bed for Christians, racists, and right wing extremists

    ReplyDelete
  49. Brandy, is that bottle of Basil Hayden's still alive?

    If not, I'll have some kind of metrosexual Brazilian drink. Make two, because OR is here ...

    ReplyDelete
  50. Bar Wench, I'll take a Quilmes.

    Sure, it's uninteresting, fizzy lager, but it's local.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Indeed it does Erik. At least everybody, myself included, got a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Someone bought his bride mounting hardware with tight fleece?

    Man, what happened to a little romance, maybe a candle?

    ReplyDelete
  53. I have no problem if someone else wants to pick up the nic "Abu Phat", by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Ooh, Killian! There goes a YEC scuttling off into the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Killian Bundy said...

    /still need to check under my bed for Christians, racists, and right wing extremists


    As I understand it, they're EVERYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I guess if you bought Mounting Hardware, you are interested in a good bang for your bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  57. OLT, It looks like we still have some Basil Hayden's left. Here's a couple of glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  58. By the way, my trip to the airport involved a detour, since some labor union had decided to stage a march across one of Buenos Aires's princial north/south routes, at rush hour, to protest layoffs. Quite a common thing here. I do hope this isn't a vision of our future.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I'm so glad we had this time together (etc.)

    /Carol Burnett voice

    But I must get ready to fly. Later!

    ReplyDelete
  60. PaladinPhil said...
    Okay, Callahan. That pick is just plain evil. :p

    /at least it wasn't Shatner...

    ---

    Oh you mean Rocket Man ?

    From those times when people where still allowed to smoke on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Later OR, grab the Quilmes before you go!

    ReplyDelete
  62. OR come home safely and have a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Nine-year-old to Obama: 'why do people hate you?'

    US President Barack Obama got a blunt question from an unexpected quarter Thursday -- a daring nine-year-old boy who asked "why do people hate you?"

    Obama, caught up in a divisive political row over his plans for health care reform, called on the boy, Tyren Scott, in a public meeting during his first visit to hurricane-ravaged New Orleans as president.

    "I have to say, why do people hate you? They supposed to love you. God is love," Tyren, from Paulina, Louisiana asked.

    Obama, appeared tickled by the question, saying "hey, that's what I'm talking about," adding "I did get elected president, so not everybody hates me now... I got a whole lot of votes."

    "If you were watching TV lately, it seems like everybody's just getting mad all the time. And you know, I think that you've got to take it with a grain of salt. Some of it is just what's called politics."


    A spontaneous moment I'm sure.

    /and Katrina was like what, over four years ago, why is this still an issue?

    ReplyDelete
  64. Hey Brandy, I'd like to support our dismal MI economy. Do you by any chance have any Bells Brewery (kalamazoo) beer back there?

    ReplyDelete
  65. If anybody needs a little bite to eat, we have potato skins on the side bar. More coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  66. hurricane-ravaged New Orleans

    The hurricane did less to NO than decades of welfare and crooked pols

    ReplyDelete
  67. I found this this one Spenser! You've got to love our supplier. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  68. Callahan23 said...

    Oh you mean Rocket Man ?

    From those times when people where still allowed to smoke on TV.


    /or Buzz Aldrin's Rocket Experience?

    ReplyDelete
  69. Why is it "daring" to adore Barack Obama?

    /everybody does it on TV

    ReplyDelete
  70. Dang, Brandy! Oberon! One of my favorites. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  71. BTW, that's what needs to happen to simpering creeps that call other people names.

    ReplyDelete
  72. OldLineTexan said...
    Probably another kid playing with a giant balloon ... these things happen in threes.

    /


    My first thought about that kid? I'd tell he's grounded until he signs over his first Social Security check.

    /Grounded permanently, in other words

    ReplyDelete
  73. OldLineTexan,
    Buzz Aldrin schools a Moon Troofer
    ---

    Was that an upper-right-hand cut?

    As I said a cool dude!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Funny story about Oberon. My bride saw a little mini-keg of it at the store and bought it. Driving home, she took a turn at our road. The keg tipped over, clipping the metal part of the seat bracket and punctured, spewing this rich, fruity beer around the minivan like a sprinkler.

    Have you ever seen a man sucking beer out of carpeting?

    ReplyDelete
  75. Pi Guy ...

    Agreed; I'd have him washing police cars every weekend until he was 39 ...

    ReplyDelete
  76. awww, man ... did I JCM the thread again?

    ReplyDelete
  77. In keeping with the space theme of music here:

    Jukebox

    ReplyDelete
  78. Gray evening,

    Gentle rain,

    Soft sounds,

    Settling down.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Did they really have to close down Denver Intl. airspace for the balloon or was that a rumor?

    ReplyDelete
  80. Hi Syrah! Can I get you anything to drink?

    ReplyDelete
  81. high Spenser.

    All is well.

    The misty rains have a way of making the evening slow and pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  82. I think I might like some Mezcal thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  83. 's late here again. Tomorrow I'll have my flu-shot early.
    Need to collect some sleep-mileage before that.
    - - -
    Gals, guys 'n 'menschen'.
    See y'all down the road.
    I love {y’all) Really!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Here you are Syrah.

    I'm having one to. I'd like to toast an old friend from Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Sweet dreams {{Cal}}. We love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  86. OK, where's the big furry ass monkey and that little green alien?

    Hey Cal, wassup?

    ReplyDelete
  87. Hi Jorline! Those two must be up to no good.

    Something to drink?

    ReplyDelete
  88. Hi Brandy

    How are you OLT and Spenser?

    PUB look quiet tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Bar Wench Brandy said...
    Here you are Syrah.

    I'm having one to. I'd like to toast an old friend from Mexico.


    Thank you,

    Raises Glass

    To our friend in Mexico. You are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  90. I'm good ... it's quiet ... too quiet ... KB left to go look for right-wing extremists under his bed ... I suspect that's where SoS and DEZ are ...

    ReplyDelete
  91. Artificial Black Hole Created in Chinese Lab

    Unlike a regular black hole, which traps light using the gravitational pull of the dead star at its core, this simple metal disc uses the geometry of 60 concentric rings of metamaterials to lock up light for good. The metamaterial "resonators" that make up the rings affect the magnetic properties of passing light, bending the beams into the center of the disc, and trapping them in the etched maze-like grooves.

    But wait, there's more! These discs don't destroy the energy of the trapped light, and emit heat when trapping ambient radiation. That means these metamaterial black holes could serve as the basis for solar panels that capture every wavelength of the electromagnetic spectrum. And do so near-perfectly, to boot.

    Call now! Operators are standing by.


    /just in time for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Bar Wench Brandy said...

    Hi Jorline! Those two must be up to no good.

    Something to drink?


    The regular please.

    They're both probably lighting fire to paper bags of crap and placing them on peoples doorsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Hey Jorline, how're you? OR checked in from the airport and I think cal23 went to bed. CC also had to leave but Brandy is doing her usual job.

    ReplyDelete
  94. A quick drive by post...

    Muslim Mafia Exposed

    "P. David Gaubatz and Paul Sperry, with the help of Gaubatz’s son Chris, who went undercover, have published an important, perhaps even an explosive and sensational book which exposes the Muslim-Brotherhood connected Council on American-Islamic Relations, otherwise known as CAIR.

    CAIR has lied about their membership size (it is not 50,000 but 5, 133); lied about how many Muslims actually live in America (it is not 7 million but more like 2.3 million); lied about the source of their financial support (most comes from the Arab Middle East), lied about being a grassroots group, etc.

    I can assure you that CAIR has also consistently lied about honor killings in North America."

    http://pajamasmedia.com/phyllischesler/2009/10/15/muslim-mafia-exposed/

    RTWFT!

    ReplyDelete
  95. An Artificial Black Hole?

    Is that like the one that they shovel our tax dollars into in D.C.?

    ReplyDelete
  96. Here you are Jorline. Coming right up with a glass.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Artificial black hole ... OK, I know what happened to DEZ

    ReplyDelete
  98. Spenser (with an S) said...

    Hey Jorline, how're you? OR checked in from the airport and I think cal23 went to bed. CC also had to leave but Brandy is doing her usual job.

    I'm well, thanks Spenser. Is OR heading home?
    I just missed Cal...hope he feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Syrah, maybe it's the one that sucked the brains from the libs and the spines from the RINO's.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Isn't Cal23 from Germany? Isn't it 3:30am over there?

    ReplyDelete
  101. Bar Wench Brandy said...

    Here you are Jorline. Coming right up with a glass.

    You're the greatest Brandy.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Spenser (with an S) said...
    Syrah, maybe it's the one that sucked the brains from the libs and the spines from the RINO's.


    Ah, . . .

    So that had brains an spines at one time.

    I had thought otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  103. OldLineTexan said...

    Artificial black hole ... OK, I know what happened to DEZ

    lmao...what usually gets DEZ are those missing manhole covers. He crawls out of those black holes most mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Good Evening, all. It's great to see the meaty threads posted here under patriotic labels from the US' revolutionary era. I LOVE this place!

    ReplyDelete
  105. Why is my keyboard making so many typos tonight?

    The mysteries of the universe. Somethings may never be explained

    ~~~

    Off to the store for Spaghetti fixins.

    Back later.

    ReplyDelete
  106. Well Hi Alegrias. Thanks for stopping in. May I get you a drink?

    ReplyDelete
  107. Goodnight kids.

    Unless I get sleepless, see you all tomorrow.

    If DEZ shows up, give hime the finger for me.

    /tosses finger to jorline

    ReplyDelete
  108. I loved Zombie's expose of Pres. Obama's Childrens' Czar Mr. Jennings' unsavory recommendations of creepy dirty old men as mentors for young boys.

    Any Virginia voters here ought to laugh when any democrat runs for office promising to "keep your children safe" from predators.

    Only 18 days and a wake up until VIrginia says Hasta la Vista, Dems. Nov. 3 is election day, please help--call any Virginians you know & love.

    ReplyDelete
  109. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  110. Say Ms. Bar Wench Brandy,

    How about a nice Virginia hard cider from the Albermarle CiderWorks? President Jefferson produced this colonial favorite here in Virginia back in the day.

    Gotta buy Virginian & support jobs in state.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  111. That's funny Alegrias. I said the same thing upthread about buying local beer to support MI's dismal economy.

    ReplyDelete
  112. Here you are Alegrias. I like buying local myself.

    ReplyDelete
  113. http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-10-14/oops-did-she-do-it-again/


    Shocka! Shrillary lies again!

    ReplyDelete
  114. Hi there Nana! You mean she lies?//

    Can I get you a Fresda?

    ReplyDelete
  115. Spenser, good for you, helping Michigan's economy.

    Some day I'll visit again--dad got his Masters Degree at Ann Arbor when I was a baby, and parts of Michigan weren't wastelands!

    OK, it was during the Eisenhower Administration--a great Republican.

    ReplyDelete
  116. Sage, I found this Helen story -- and pic!! -- and thought of you earlier. (She looks so sweet here, no sign of her fangs.)

    Helen Thomas, Truth Teller.

    She says 0bama "lacks courage". Mmmhmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  117. How about that sicko interim White House communication woman, Anita Dunn, who equates MAO TSE TUNG the gulag murderer of 60 million people, with Mother Teresa?

    Michelle Malkin (on the right hand side) rips the White House weirdo for telling high school children Mao is a personal hero.

    THese 60s unreconstructed radicals with their little red Mao books are running our country's media operation from INSIDE the White House.

    Yeah, it's old news for some people.
    What happened to NEVER FORGET?

    ReplyDelete
  118. Hi everyone, Hi Brandy! How ya'll all doing tonight?

    Brandy, I'll take a bit of that Basil Hayden's if there there's any left.

    ReplyDelete
  119. Wow, Bar Wench Brandy, that's a beautiful bottle & attractive beverage you pictured there. You're the best! Thank you for researching all our favorite drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  120. Hi Pink! I'll get you some upstairs------->

    ReplyDelete
  121. meetcha there, Brandy ....gimme a few minutes

    ReplyDelete
  122. Bar Wench Brandy

    Why thank you! A Fresca would be lovely. No ice, please, as it is 36F here right now.

    /Did I actually say that Shrillary lies?????

    Darned right she does, and this is so like the Demonrats. BTW, she scares me more than Sage's love,Helen Thomas!

    ReplyDelete
  123. Nana, new thread upstairs. I'll have your Fresca there.

    ------------------------------------------>

    ReplyDelete

By submitting your comments, you agree that you alone are responsible for their content. We reserve the right to remove comments we deem offensive or inappropriate, at our discretion. Disparaging remarks about other online communities, or their members, should be made elsewhere if you are so inclined. Finally, comments made below will be subject to public viewing.