Does anyone know the legal obligation for me to fill out a long form questionaire census form. I haven't done so yet and now the census bureau is ringing my phone off the hook. I now officially have a case number.
Hey Pink. I don't know. I have had the form for a while and I received a second copy just about 3 weeks ago. The questions they ask are very intrusive. I might have to get a lawyer. I am going to call them and tell them I won't do it.
Wow, Truck. That sucks. I know they make it look really scary, but I'm not sure how much they can obligate you to answer...maybe someone will know (K/B or O/R, or somebody).
Does anyone know the legal obligation for me to fill out a long form questionaire census form. I haven't done so yet and now the census bureau is ringing my phone off the hook. I now officially have a case number.
Last Census, I got the long form. I flat out refused to answer to any question other than "how many people live at your residence". I sent the form back and the visits began. :D After the third census worker knocked on my door and I again, refused to answer their intrusive questions, I did receive a veiled threat of prosecution/fines, etc.. Up to that point, I'd been very polite, yet firm. I told them to go the fuck ahead and prosecute me and the other million people who were not willing to jump through their hoops.
Truck Monkey said... Does anyone know the legal obligation for me to fill out a long form questionaire census form?
~~~ You could turn this into a bit of fun.
While they can compel compliance, they can not compel competence. You could engage in a little civil resistance by telling them that you don't know how to fill it out and ask for their assistance for every step and every line. Play dumb through out the experience.
All in all, it is a pretty harmless survey. If I was sent one, I would fill it out.
I'm not sure how much they can obligate you to answer...
We're obligated to answer every question since there has not been a successful court challenge that sided with the privacy aspect. However, I do not know of any prosecutions ever from someone refusing to comply. I figured they'd hassle me for a while and then go on their merry way.
I filled out only the first part, name address and set it back. Leaving how many toilets I had blank.
Some time later I got an expect from the census worker, asking to fill in the rest of the form.
I firmly but politely told him if you want the answers to those questions get a subpoena I said the Constitutional purpose of the census was enumeration to determine congressional districting, how many toilets I have is none of the federal governments business.
Thanks for the info, guys. I got one that was basically an anal exam - lots of questions that had nothing to do with how many people live in my house. It was sent to selected self-employed people.
Thanks all. I was thinking of having a little fun with it. Syrah, I don't know if you've seen this long form. Unbelievable. They want to know how many times I've been married. Do I have indoor plumbing. How much my utilities cost. What my mortgage is. How many cars I have. How much land I have. How many kids I have. There are more similarly intrusive questions. I am pissed that they think it is even ok to ask such questions.
Hi y'all - just a drive by post to say "hi" and hope you are all doing well, have a great evening/early morning and that I get the chance to see you all down the road!
Richard Fernandez (a.k.a. "Wretchard" at Belmont Club of old) has a rather depressing read up, partly on the Ignoble P*ss Prize, and mostly on what is to come in Iraq, Afghanistan, and places like Honduras.
Leaving aside that the Nobel Prize is generally awarded to collectivists and socialists only, it's still amazing that Obama has been awarded it so soon. This man practically walked into the White House, never holding any real political office in his life, and certainly having never produced anything of value in science or business.
Now, only 6 months into office, he's being rewarded -- for what, exactly? I heard that somebody called this the equivalent of getting "Employee of the Month" the first week on the job. There's so much not being said about all this unexplained and unearned adoration, from the collectivist-media-academic left, of this man.
The collectivist left loves other idiots too, such as Al Gore and Jimmy Carter -- but at least these people had to work for their idiocy (if you want to call that virtue). Obama need only stand there, and utter words, to be perceived (by some) as a heroic superstar of the ages.
Is it because of his race? It's tempting to say so, but Obama is, after all, only half-black. It's something else, and it's hard to put your finger on it. It's almost as if there's a rush to give this man credibility before it's too late. Before something happens -- something much worse than his unimpressive and defensive first six months his office; something really, really bad, yet to come, that will undermine his credibility in a huge way. I wonder if even his admirers sense it's coming.
I guess we'll just have to see how this plays out, since we have no other choice. This inversion of success, whereby accomplishment (however one defines it) is rewarded before its actualization, is most befitting an egalitarian socialist such as America's current president. Obama isn't the most important socialist and advocate of massive government control who ever existed (FDR was), and he won't be the last. But he's the one who achieved superstar status in an era that seems to care more about such status than anything else, something most had given up on for "liberals," for good.
Of course, Obama has already lost that status with all but his core supporters, and it's unclear how much status he will enjoy after another 3 and a half years of attempting, hopefully with limited success, to completely drive what's left of the United States into the ground. One thing is for sure: The Nobel Prize is not noble. Not if Obama is their standard of excellence.
I heard today that Obama was in office ELEVEN DAYS when the nominations were closed for the Nobel Peace Prize.
So it's even worse than it seems on the surface!
How embarrassing. How mortifying must it be to win that, accept it, and have almost NO one understand why YOU were chosen. I wonder if that bothers him at all.
Upon learning that the Constitution requires a president to be a natural born citizen, a college student said: "What makes a natural born citizen any more qualified than one born by C-section?"
Airlines that keep passengers trapped for hours in planes sitting on the runway should be prosecuted for unlawful imprisonment.
When politicians propose some hugely expensive new program and are asked how the government is going to pay for it, a standard ploy over the years has been to claim that they will pay for it by eliminating "waste, fraud and abuse." At a recent town hall meeting, a citizen raised the obvious question: If you can do that, why haven't you done it already?
Marxism is an ism that has become a wasm.
What is called "universal health care" can turn out to be universal "don't care" medical treatment, when Washington bureaucrats can over-rule what you and your doctor want to do.
Whatever happened to Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel? Could she have met with foul play? Where is the FBI when we need them?
The older I get, the more I learn to tolerate human shortcomings-- and the less I tolerate bad attitudes.
After political crusades for "affordable housing" ended up ruining the housing market and much of the economy with it, many of the same politicians are now carrying on a crusade for "affordable health care." But what you can afford has absolutely nothing to do with the cost of producing anything. Refusing to pay those costs means that you are just not going to continue getting the same quantity and quality-- regardless of what any politician says or how well he says it.
Want to win an easy bet? Bet someone that Babe Ruth had a lower lifetime earned run average than Cy Young, Whitey Ford or Sandy Koufax. During his early years with the Red Sox, Ruth pitched nine shutouts in a season, which is still the American League record for a left-handed pitcher. He would have made the baseball hall of fame, even if he had never hit a home run.
Congressman Joe Wilson got into more trouble for telling the truth than President Barack Obama got into by telling a demonstrable lie about adding millions of people to the insurance rolls without adding a dime to the deficit. As regards providing medical insurance for illegal immigrants, I doubt that the president will do that. More likely, he will legalize them first and then give them medical insurance.
The way Hollywood elites have sprung to the defense of Roman Polanski to keep him from being extradited to the United States, despite the heinous crime he is accused of, suggests that-- like other egalitarians-- they consider those who are "one of us" to be more equal than others.
When I contemplate the direction in which this government and this society are moving, my biggest consolation is that economists' predictions are often wrong. I can only hope that my expectations are wrong by miles.
What is most frightening about the political left is that they seem to have no sense of the tragedy of the human condition. All problems seem to them to be due to other people not being as wise or as noble as they are.
Oliver Wendell Holmes said, "Think things, not words." In words, many see a need for "social justice" to override "the dictates of the market." In reality, what is called "the market" consists of human beings making their own choices at their own cost. What is called "social justice" is government imposition of the notions of third parties, who pay no price for being wrong.
Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Muammar Qaddafi and Vladimir Putin have all praised Barack Obama. When enemies of freedom and democracy praise your president, what are you to think? When you add to this Barack Obama's many previous years of associations and alliances with people who hate America -- Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, Father Pfleger, etc.-- at what point do you stop denying the obvious and start to connect the dots?
Correspondence Committee said... I heard today that Obama was in office ELEVEN DAYS when the nominations were closed for the Nobel Peace Prize.
So it's even worse than it seems on the surface!
How embarrassing. How mortifying must it be to win that, accept it, and have almost NO one understand why YOU were chosen. I wonder if that bothers him at all.
I don't know if you heard the clip, but it sounded like he was trying to be cutesy, telling reporters (I think - not sure who the audience was, but I assumed it was the press) about his daughter telling him it was the dog's birthday, and he had won the Nobel Prize...and it was clearly supposed to get a chuckle - sort of a child's perspective about those things having equal significance - but it was just CRICKETS.
He had about three lines that sounded like he was trying to be warm, and they were met with dead silence.
Correspondence Committee said... I don't know if you heard the clip, but it sounded like he was trying to be cutesy, telling reporters (I think - not sure who the audience was, but I assumed it was the press) about his daughter telling him it was the dog's birthday, and he had won the Nobel Prize...and it was clearly supposed to get a chuckle - sort of a child's perspective about those things having equal significance - but it was just CRICKETS.
He had about three lines that sounded like he was trying to be warm, and they were met with dead silence.
I think even the press was shocked he won it.
I'd heard about it, but I haven't seen the clip myself.
"Let them discover the kind of doctors their system will now produce. Let them discover, in their operating rooms and their hospital wards, that it is not safe to place their life in the hands of a man whose life they have throttled. It is not safe if he is the sort of man who resents it—and still less safe if he is the sort who doesn't." -Dr. Hendricks on socialized medicine, Atlas Shrugged
You gotta look at this picture of this man's arm. I heard about this on the radio yesterday, speaking of socialized medicine. It looks like nothing you've ever seen - and he can't seem to get surgery on it.
Correspondence Committee said... You gotta look at this picture of this man's arm. I heard about this on the radio yesterday, speaking of socialized medicine. It looks like nothing you've ever seen - and he can't seem to get surgery on it.
It's like a "S" shape.
...and there's the future of socialized medicine in 2 pictures.
oooweee!
ReplyDeleteKim-Chee and Beer.
Now there is a dinner that will make you stand up and fall down.
Which way is up now?
Does anyone know the legal obligation for me to fill out a long form questionaire census form. I haven't done so yet and now the census bureau is ringing my phone off the hook. I now officially have a case number.
ReplyDeletems tfk calls to me in the nightie,
ReplyDeletelater
TFK.... You are wearing a nightie?
ReplyDelete/
Hi Syrah, TruckMoney. 'Nite, TFK!
ReplyDeleteTruck, why are they bothering you so soon?
There is some soooo wrong with a Sober Up thread at 8:00pm on a Friday night.
ReplyDelete*Pounds on Pub Door screaming*
LET ME IN!
LET ME IN!
Hey Pink. I don't know. I have had the form for a while and I received a second copy just about 3 weeks ago. The questions they ask are very intrusive. I might have to get a lawyer. I am going to call them and tell them I won't do it.
ReplyDeleteLOL JCM
ReplyDeleteHealth-Care Bill May Not Get Single GOP Vote in the House
ReplyDeleteThere better not be a single one. If there is tar and feathers would be too good, drawing an quartering maybe.........
(JCM, if you don't tell anyone I'll slide you a swig from my bottle.)
ReplyDelete/*especially* Bare!
Wow, Truck. That sucks. I know they make it look really scary, but I'm not sure how much they can obligate you to answer...maybe someone will know (K/B or O/R, or somebody).
ReplyDeleteTruckmonkey, here in LA I've seen nary a glimpse of the census forms thus far
ReplyDelete/maybe they'll forget about us
Truck Monkey said...
ReplyDeleteDoes anyone know the legal obligation for me to fill out a long form questionaire census form. I haven't done so yet and now the census bureau is ringing my phone off the hook. I now officially have a case number.
Last Census, I got the long form. I flat out refused to answer to any question other than "how many people live at your residence". I sent the form back and the visits began. :D After the third census worker knocked on my door and I again, refused to answer their intrusive questions, I did receive a veiled threat of prosecution/fines, etc.. Up to that point, I'd been very polite, yet firm. I told them to go the fuck ahead and prosecute me and the other million people who were not willing to jump through their hoops.
Never heard from them again. :)
Truck Monkey said...
ReplyDeleteDoes anyone know the legal obligation for me to fill out a long form questionaire census form?
~~~
You could turn this into a bit of fun.
While they can compel compliance, they can not compel competence. You could engage in a little civil resistance by telling them that you don't know how to fill it out and ask for their assistance for every step and every line. Play dumb through out the experience.
All in all, it is a pretty harmless survey. If I was sent one, I would fill it out.
Try this, Truck Monkey
ReplyDeletehttp://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/13/221.html
Correspondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure how much they can obligate you to answer...
We're obligated to answer every question since there has not been a successful court challenge that sided with the privacy aspect. However, I do not know of any prosecutions ever from someone refusing to comply. I figured they'd hassle me for a while and then go on their merry way.
Wow, I have not seen you here yet, Syrah! Good to see you!
ReplyDelete2000 I got the long form.
ReplyDeleteI filled out only the first part, name address and set it back. Leaving how many toilets I had blank.
Some time later I got an expect from the census worker, asking to fill in the rest of the form.
I firmly but politely told him if you want the answers to those questions get a subpoena I said the Constitutional purpose of the census was enumeration to determine congressional districting, how many toilets I have is none of the federal governments business.
He eventually went away I I heard nothing more.
Thanks for the info, guys. I got one that was basically an anal exam - lots of questions that had nothing to do with how many people live in my house. It was sent to selected self-employed people.
ReplyDeleteThis is the 2000 Long form:
ReplyDeleteCensus.gov
Read the questions. It's exceptionally intrusive.
Wendy,
ReplyDeleteI left you a message on the dead thread!
Thanks all. I was thinking of having a little fun with it. Syrah, I don't know if you've seen this long form. Unbelievable. They want to know how many times I've been married. Do I have indoor plumbing. How much my utilities cost. What my mortgage is. How many cars I have. How much land I have. How many kids I have. There are more similarly intrusive questions. I am pissed that they think it is even ok to ask such questions.
ReplyDeleteHi Pink,
ReplyDeleteHi Desert Dog,
Hi Everyone.
I stayed up last night to watch the moon bombing.
4am - Stepped outside - Cloud cover - Could barley tell that there was a moon out - Slapped forehead - This is life in western Washington.
I hope this evening finds you all well and happy.
Syrah,
ReplyDeleteSunset was exceptional tonight over the Seattle area.
Truck Monkey,
ReplyDeleteScrew with 'em, Married 13 times, 36 kids, no indoor plumbing.......
NY Nana,
ReplyDeleteWhich thread?
Another Seattle Sunset pic from tonight.
ReplyDeleteWendy,
ReplyDeleteAaaaaaargh! I meant Monica! My bad!
JCM,
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful here.
I grew up in San Jose. Blue skies were ubiquitous. You could hardly get away from the darnedble things.
Here, the sky is actually interesting enough to take note of.
Goodnight. I've been kind of lurking tonight.
ReplyDeleteWe have a dead thread? : ) (We usually just duct tape their mouths.)
ReplyDeleteGood night, sb5k! Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteI'll be back tomorrow, assuming our Peace Prize winner doesn't let a nuclear war start.
ReplyDelete///
What to do with that pumpkin, what to do......
ReplyDelete1/6th scale working Chevy V-8 engine.
ReplyDeleteVideo of engine running.
*snif*
ReplyDelete*snif*
*smells own armpits*
Maybe I need to change deodorant!
Q: So what's the solution to high unemployment?
ReplyDeleteA: Tax cuts
/No carge $0.00 this time. :)
experiencedtraveller,
ReplyDeleteTax cuts.
Work every time.
Whats up JCM?
ReplyDeleteQ: Who won the Battle of Verdun?
In a Pyrrhic manner the French, only because the Germans lost first.
ReplyDeleteWell played. Plus the French widened the war to their advantage.
ReplyDeleteGood night.
Good evening/morning everyone!
ReplyDeleteThread had gone silent. Did I kill it?
ReplyDeleteBatGuano said...
ReplyDeleteI think it's my cologne.
Hey Bat!
ReplyDeleteNo, you didn't kill the thread. Friday is just sort of a slower day/night for some reason.
And hi, et - and JCM, it's not you. : ) (Stop sniffing. LOL)
ReplyDeleteCC,
ReplyDeleteYou sure not not just saying that?
;-P
Hi y'all - just a drive by post to say "hi" and hope you are all doing well, have a great evening/early morning and that I get the chance to see you all down the road!
ReplyDeleteC2 ROCKS!!
Good Night, all.
Richard Fernandez (a.k.a. "Wretchard" at Belmont Club of old) has a rather depressing read up, partly on the Ignoble P*ss Prize, and mostly on what is to come in Iraq, Afghanistan, and places like Honduras.
ReplyDeleteExit stage left; exeunt stage right
G'nite all.
I'm out too, night all.
ReplyDeleteHoly moley, I didn't realize what time it was. I'm still here (herro, Exit - have we met?)...will be around until fruitcup, I imagine.
ReplyDeleteNobody hangs around here on Friday nights. GOOD FOR YOU GUYS. : ) (I'm working on the new site with Bare, so I'm just...up.)
ReplyDeleteAre you ronery, Correspondence Committee?
ReplyDeleteLOL - I have yet to click, but I THINK I know what that is, and I love it.
ReplyDeleteUmmm...not really ronery. But the thread just STOPPED. : )
How are things in the city of (how many, do you suppose?) lights?
Correspondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteLOL - I have yet to click, but I THINK I know what that is, and I love it.
Ummm...not really ronery. But the thread just STOPPED. : )
How are things in the city of (how many, do you suppose?) lights?
How many lights? It would have to number in the billions.
Things are OK. As always, they could be better.
/Always thought Paris was the city of lights
I guess that nick was already taken so Vegas couldn't have it!
ReplyDeleteKnowing you, I'm surprised you couldn't give me the exact number of lights in town. ; )
Correspondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteI guess that nick was already taken so Vegas couldn't have it!
Knowing you, I'm surprised you couldn't give me the exact number of lights in town. ; )
The big problem with giving the correct number is that they keep changing the number!
We're "The Strip", "Sin City", "Glitter Gulch", "Entertainment Capital of the World".
As I learned since my last post, Paris is actually the "City of Light" (singular), and Vegas is "City of Lights" (plural).
will be around until fruitcup, I imagine.
ReplyDeleteA-HA!
Nobel -- Not Noble
ReplyDeleteLeaving aside that the Nobel Prize is generally awarded to collectivists and socialists only, it's still amazing that Obama has been awarded it so soon. This man practically walked into the White House, never holding any real political office in his life, and certainly having never produced anything of value in science or business.
Now, only 6 months into office, he's being rewarded -- for what, exactly? I heard that somebody called this the equivalent of getting "Employee of the Month" the first week on the job. There's so much not being said about all this unexplained and unearned adoration, from the collectivist-media-academic left, of this man.
The collectivist left loves other idiots too, such as Al Gore and Jimmy Carter -- but at least these people had to work for their idiocy (if you want to call that virtue). Obama need only stand there, and utter words, to be perceived (by some) as a heroic superstar of the ages.
Is it because of his race? It's tempting to say so, but Obama is, after all, only half-black. It's something else, and it's hard to put your finger on it. It's almost as if there's a rush to give this man credibility before it's too late. Before something happens -- something much worse than his unimpressive and defensive first six months his office; something really, really bad, yet to come, that will undermine his credibility in a huge way. I wonder if even his admirers sense it's coming.
I guess we'll just have to see how this plays out, since we have no other choice. This inversion of success, whereby accomplishment (however one defines it) is rewarded before its actualization, is most befitting an egalitarian socialist such as America's current president. Obama isn't the most important socialist and advocate of massive government control who ever existed (FDR was), and he won't be the last. But he's the one who achieved superstar status in an era that seems to care more about such status than anything else, something most had given up on for "liberals," for good.
Of course, Obama has already lost that status with all but his core supporters, and it's unclear how much status he will enjoy after another 3 and a half years of attempting, hopefully with limited success, to completely drive what's left of the United States into the ground. One thing is for sure: The Nobel Prize is not noble. Not if Obama is their standard of excellence.
Today's Day By Day Cartoon:
ReplyDeleteJan: "Ahh...Saturdays. Let's do nothing of value."
Damon: "A Nobel goal."
Sin City, huh? Well, we're Moonbat Central. : )
ReplyDeleteHi Bare. : )
ReplyDeleteCorrespondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteSin City, huh? Well, we're Moonbat Central. : )
You're also...
City of Flowers
Coffee Capital of the World.
Emerald City
Jet City
Queen City
I knew about "Emerald City"...and I guess Jet City. And I can see why we're the coffee capital.
ReplyDeleteCity of Flowers? I've never heard that before.
Some of us call it "San Francisco North". We're competing with them for the Moonbat title.
I heard today that Obama was in office ELEVEN DAYS when the nominations were closed for the Nobel Peace Prize.
ReplyDeleteSo it's even worse than it seems on the surface!
How embarrassing. How mortifying must it be to win that, accept it, and have almost NO one understand why YOU were chosen. I wonder if that bothers him at all.
Yes! Once again, it's time for...
ReplyDeleteThomas Sowell's Random Thoughts (October 2009 edition)
Random thoughts on the passing scene:
Upon learning that the Constitution requires a president to be a natural born citizen, a college student said: "What makes a natural born citizen any more qualified than one born by C-section?"
Airlines that keep passengers trapped for hours in planes sitting on the runway should be prosecuted for unlawful imprisonment.
When politicians propose some hugely expensive new program and are asked how the government is going to pay for it, a standard ploy over the years has been to claim that they will pay for it by eliminating "waste, fraud and abuse." At a recent town hall meeting, a citizen raised the obvious question: If you can do that, why haven't you done it already?
Marxism is an ism that has become a wasm.
What is called "universal health care" can turn out to be universal "don't care" medical treatment, when Washington bureaucrats can over-rule what you and your doctor want to do.
Whatever happened to Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel? Could she have met with foul play? Where is the FBI when we need them?
The older I get, the more I learn to tolerate human shortcomings-- and the less I tolerate bad attitudes.
After political crusades for "affordable housing" ended up ruining the housing market and much of the economy with it, many of the same politicians are now carrying on a crusade for "affordable health care." But what you can afford has absolutely nothing to do with the cost of producing anything. Refusing to pay those costs means that you are just not going to continue getting the same quantity and quality-- regardless of what any politician says or how well he says it.
Want to win an easy bet? Bet someone that Babe Ruth had a lower lifetime earned run average than Cy Young, Whitey Ford or Sandy Koufax. During his early years with the Red Sox, Ruth pitched nine shutouts in a season, which is still the American League record for a left-handed pitcher. He would have made the baseball hall of fame, even if he had never hit a home run.
Congressman Joe Wilson got into more trouble for telling the truth than President Barack Obama got into by telling a demonstrable lie about adding millions of people to the insurance rolls without adding a dime to the deficit. As regards providing medical insurance for illegal immigrants, I doubt that the president will do that. More likely, he will legalize them first and then give them medical insurance.
The way Hollywood elites have sprung to the defense of Roman Polanski to keep him from being extradited to the United States, despite the heinous crime he is accused of, suggests that-- like other egalitarians-- they consider those who are "one of us" to be more equal than others.
When I contemplate the direction in which this government and this society are moving, my biggest consolation is that economists'
predictions are often wrong. I can only hope that my expectations are wrong by miles.
What is most frightening about the political left is that they seem to have no sense of the tragedy of the human condition. All problems seem to them to be due to other people not being as wise or as noble as they are.
Oliver Wendell Holmes said, "Think things, not words." In words, many see a need for "social justice" to override "the dictates of the market." In reality, what is called "the market" consists of human beings making their own choices at their own cost. What is called "social justice"
is government imposition of the notions of third parties, who pay no price for being wrong.
...and one last paragraph from Thomas Sowell:
ReplyDeleteFidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Muammar Qaddafi and Vladimir Putin have all praised Barack Obama. When enemies of freedom and democracy praise your president, what are you to think? When you add to this Barack Obama's many previous years of associations and alliances with people who hate America -- Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, Father Pfleger, etc.-- at what point do you stop denying the obvious and start to connect the dots?
Correspondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteCity of Flowers? I've never heard that before.
Yeah, that was more of a 1940s thing.
Correspondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteI heard today that Obama was in office ELEVEN DAYS when the nominations were closed for the Nobel Peace Prize.
So it's even worse than it seems on the surface!
How embarrassing. How mortifying must it be to win that, accept it, and have almost NO one understand why YOU were chosen. I wonder if that bothers him at all.
You're asking if 0bama feels shame?
In a word? NO.
That last one is really something to chew on. Wow. That could be a thread topic all by itself.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you heard the clip, but it sounded like he was trying to be cutesy, telling reporters (I think - not sure who the audience was, but I assumed it was the press) about his daughter telling him it was the dog's birthday, and he had won the Nobel Prize...and it was clearly supposed to get a chuckle - sort of a child's perspective about those things having equal significance - but it was just CRICKETS.
ReplyDeleteHe had about three lines that sounded like he was trying to be warm, and they were met with dead silence.
I think even the press was shocked he won it.
Correspondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you heard the clip, but it sounded like he was trying to be cutesy, telling reporters (I think - not sure who the audience was, but I assumed it was the press) about his daughter telling him it was the dog's birthday, and he had won the Nobel Prize...and it was clearly supposed to get a chuckle - sort of a child's perspective about those things having equal significance - but it was just CRICKETS.
He had about three lines that sounded like he was trying to be warm, and they were met with dead silence.
I think even the press was shocked he won it.
I'd heard about it, but I haven't seen the clip myself.
Did he get his daughter's names right?
Oh. Man. He called his daughter "Maya"?
ReplyDeleteWow. LOL
Correspondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteOh. Man. He called his daughter "Maya"?
Wow. LOL
Yep. That was back in late September.
"Let them discover the kind of doctors their system will now produce. Let them discover, in their operating rooms and their hospital wards, that it is not safe to place their life in the hands of a man whose life they have throttled. It is not safe if he is the sort of man who resents it—and still less safe if he is the sort who doesn't."
ReplyDelete-Dr. Hendricks on socialized medicine, Atlas Shrugged
I completely missed that one.
ReplyDeleteOf course, had Bush done it, the press would have had great fun with that.
You gotta look at this picture of this man's arm. I heard about this on the radio yesterday, speaking of socialized medicine. It looks like nothing you've ever seen - and he can't seem to get surgery on it.
ReplyDeleteIt's like a "S" shape.
Correspondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteYou gotta look at this picture of this man's arm. I heard about this on the radio yesterday, speaking of socialized medicine. It looks like nothing you've ever seen - and he can't seem to get surgery on it.
It's like a "S" shape.
...and there's the future of socialized medicine in 2 pictures.
Do I smell fruitcup?
ReplyDeleteI believe so! Let's go look!
ReplyDeletePull my finger.....
ReplyDelete