Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Official C2 Sober Up Post-Pub Open Thread

230 comments:

  1. hmmmm pretty quiet out there tonight. I guess that's a good thing in some aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phil, care to join me for a cup before I head out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure Brandy. I can keep you a little company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep getting distracted by the internet here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was distracted by Geraldo. His guest tonight was Al Sharpton and the topic was Rush Limbaugh. They've decided Rush is a "racial provocatuer".

    Have I mentioned how much I detest Geraldo Rivera?

    ReplyDelete
  6. And some late night post pub tunage.

    Oh, excellent Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you have lately. But I understand your loathing. I wish those race baiters would be just put out to pasture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here, watching a show on History International, on how the legend of King Arthur developed.
    Funny, they're riding horses, not clapping coconuts together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's my limo, guys. I will see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. See you later Brandy. Have yourself a good night now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. U.S. must live within its means: Geithner

    The United States must live within its means once its economy recovers if it is to preserve global confidence in the U.S. dollar's status, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said on Friday.

    The comments came as the Obama administration reported a record U.S. budget deficit for the fiscal year ended September of $1.4 trillion. At 10 percent of gross domestic product, it was the biggest U.S. fiscal shortfall since World War Two.

    . . .

    "Future deficits are too high, and the president is committed to working with Congress to bring them down to a sustainable level as the economy recovers," Geithner said in a statement accompanying the fiscal data.


    /bwaaahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Killian Bundy, why do I have this sneaking suspicion that Obama and the Democrats have the idea that they can raise taxes to lower the deficit?

    Tax the rich
    Feed the poor
    Till there are no rich no more

    Or, as the Monty Python character Dennis Moore found out, take enough from the rich, and the rich become poor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too early to send more US troops to Afghanistan: Kerry

    Senator John Kerry says it is "irresponsible" to send more US troops to Afghanistan at this time, amid a deepening election crisis that has placed the Kabul government's legitimacy at stake.

    The United States should not proceed with a new Afghanistan strategy committing a potentially major increase in US resources, including tens of thousands more troops, without first securing a clear partner in Kabul, Kerry told CNN during a visit to Afghanistan, in a interview to be aired Sunday.

    "It would be entirely irresponsible for the president of the United States to commit more troops to this country, when we don't even have an election finished and know who the president is and what kind of government we're working in, with," said Kerry, chair the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.


    /somewhere a douche is missing its bag

    ReplyDelete
  14. Killian, that last line was great.

    Where's tfk to say even more?
    What was his nic here one day? Blood on the arm?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Running Bare, saying this is a slow night is like saying a dead snail is a bit poky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. zzzzzzzzz* What? Who switched the regular coffee with decaf?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, yeah. But there's been all kinds of stuff going around in the blogosphere today, so eveyrone is probably off watching avrious trainwrecks. Plus, it's a saturday night and stuff. I'm sure most everyone else has a life of some sort.

    I don't, but I hear that other people do LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. I actually haven't been looking elsewhere in the blogosphere today, or since finding the locks were changed after I gave my older nic.
    Believe it or not, I kind of have a life, too.
    BTW, where are the trainwrecks? It an be hard not to look, but I haven't heard.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So I went to see Zombieland Tonight.

    (The Movie)

    It was OK.

    I wonder sometimes if I expect too much from a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, yeah. But there's been all kinds of stuff going around in the blogosphere today, so eveyrone is probably off watching avrious trainwrecks.

    I have been working today. Is there something significant happening out there or are you referring to that place which is not mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Syrah, I guess Voldemort has his own blog now; the blog-that-must-not-be-mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Ya'll ... just got home ... looked over the blogosphere ... all I have to say is ...

    hahahahahahahahahahahaha ...

    /oh, yeah, and I got I just got a speeding ticket on the way home ... blah ...

    Where is Pink?

    ReplyDelete
  23. zigzagging, those of us whose blogosphere horizons are somewhat constricted are tryng to figure out what you and Running Bare are talking about.
    Can someone either say what blog or say it is the one that is in our past?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Where is Pink?


    Howdy, lil lady. I ain't seen hide nor hair o' that little filly in a spell.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kosh ... Ace has a post up about it ...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, zizgagging,
    Pink isn't well
    He's back at the hotel
    And they sent us along as a surrogate band
    We're gonna find out where you fans really stand

    /I don't know where Pink is; sorry, but I couldn't resist the Floyd reference.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Evening, call it quits for the night on the bathroom remodel been listening to ALCS game, 12th inning!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey RunningBare ... how you doing? Bet Pink is off with some handsome fella ...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, there's a somewhat amusing series of cartoons going around. Ace has it, among other places. Not really my thing, but I don't control the innernetweb thingy, so... :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bet Pink is off with some handsome fella ...


    Well, DAGNABBIT THUNDER'N TARNATION! *throws down hat, hopping mad* She was 'sposed to fix me some vittles!

    ReplyDelete
  31. And I'm doing ok, thanks for asking! How about you? How you dooooin?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi ZigZag, Kosh, Bare, Syrah, JCM! ...sorry, my computer has been being belligerent ....but I won. : )

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you. Hilarious, but I see why we can't discuss it.
    I have to save those comics.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Bottom of the 12th 2 outs bases loaded.

    A-Rod up.....

    ReplyDelete
  35. Bottom of the 12th 2 outs bases loaded.

    A-Rod up.....


    Ah yes. Leave it in the hands of Mr. October LOL

    ReplyDelete
  36. Flied out... go to 12 innings!

    ReplyDelete

  37. Well, DAGNABBIT THUNDER'N TARNATION! *throws down hat, hopping mad* She was 'sposed to fix me some vittles!


    Calm down Bare! :-)

    You're going to blow a valve or something ....

    ReplyDelete
  38. Uh oh. I just remembered I forgot to answer zigzag email!

    Damn!

    (Bare, can I hide behind you?)

    ReplyDelete
  39. You're going to blow a valve or something ....

    *tries to think of something witty to say here, but still remain somewhat family friendly, and fails miserably*

    ReplyDelete
  40. Dang something ate my post ...

    Hey Pink! ...just got finished with a very nice bonfire ... and kids ... it was great ... gonna drink a beer and listen to some tunes ... have to travel tomorrow ...

    Us and Them ... Pink Floyd

    ReplyDelete
  41. (Bare, can I hide behind you?)

    Sure.


    Pink? She's not here. No, there's no one by that name here. Havn't seen her. No, really. I havn't.

    ReplyDelete
  42. /'s ok Bare, she doesn't seem too angry ...

    Zigzag, I am SO SORRY that I haven't answered email yet! It's been a crazy day all the way around. I have yard work that went unfinished because winter decided to show up ...DAMN!

    /going down to 45 tonight ....disbelief

    /are you driving or flying tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  43. RunningBare ... lol ... she can't hide from me ... hahahaha ... I see all ... I am a ghost you know ...

    ReplyDelete
  44. Pink ... driving ... I drive now if it is less than 8 hours ... I hate the security crap at the airports ... so heading out whenever I get up in the morning as business does not start until Monday ... will be gone for about four days ... blah ... but must feed the tax machine ... so have to go ...

    ReplyDelete
  45. /going down to 45 tonight ....disbelief


    Global warming denier!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Yeah, but this way, I get to be the meat in a Pink Freud/Ghostland sandwich. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I know... I know... I'm a bad man.

    ReplyDelete
  48. From Glenn Reynolds:

    THIS DOESN’T SOUND LIKE CONFIDENCE:

    President Obama mounted a frontal assault on the insurance industry on Saturday, accusing it of using “deceptive and dishonest ads” to derail his health care legislation and threatening to strip the industry of its longstanding exemption from federal antitrust laws. In unusually harsh terms, Mr. Obama cast insurance companies as obstacles to change interested only in preserving their own “profits and bonuses” and willing to “bend the truth or break it” to stop his drive to remake the nation’s health care system. The president used his weekly radio and Internet address to challenge industry assertions that legislation will drive up premiums.

    Shrill. Desperate. Bullying. But mostly desperate. Meanwhile, speaking of “deceptive and dishonest,” what about this?

    Related video link

    ReplyDelete
  49. Zigzag, I'd drive it too if I had the choice. Driving is MUCH more preferable to me.

    You keep in touch with us!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Global warming denier!

    Bet'cher ass. : )

    ReplyDelete
  51. Computer problems? I can understand that; my Vista machine crashed and Microsoft blamed McAffee; by the time I checked it out I had gotten a lot done on my Mac, which fortunately didn't break.
    (Microsoft - lousy software, but you can pick decent hardware; Apple, good software, but in my recent experience, overpriced junk hardware. Sorry, but 2 optical drives, 1 system board, a screen, and a keyboard all failed in 2 years, kind of indicates crap.)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Yeah, but this way, I get to be the meat in a Pink Freud/Ghostland sandwich. So there.

    Now we know what it takes to get you out here and posting with us. :-)

    How's the new place coming along? We miss you!

    /where's CC?

    ReplyDelete
  53. Pi Guy....

    They should learn from King Co. WA, so many taxes, fees and hidden shit you've got no idea how much you're really paying.

    Regulations alone add $200,000 to the cost of a home, that's half the cost of the median home.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Computer problems?

    Vista and I fight all the time over who's going to be the boss. I think I'm winning.

    ReplyDelete
  55. RunningBare ...

    Yes, a bad boy but a real good man ... sweet ...

    country music ...

    Wait ... what do they call us southerners now? neo-confederates? ... oh, yeah ... oh, well ... f*ck it ...

    ReplyDelete
  56. Vista and I fight all the time over who's going to be the boss. I think I'm winning.

    That's just what it wants you to think, Pinkie. : )

    ReplyDelete
  57. Vista is the reason I switched to Macs ... my computer crashed all the time with Vista .. gave away a new laptop cuz I got so frustrated with Vista ... blah ... sorry ain't never going back ...

    ReplyDelete
  58. Yankees win, Yankees win!

    Damn Yankees.

    ReplyDelete
  59. C² are you turning Japanese

    You know, I have a habit of saying "herro", and I'm not even thinking of that...it's sort of an "I'm so ronery and sadry arone" thing, but it's not intended in a bad way. (Does it sound bad? I'm askin'. I need to break myself of that habit if it does!)

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wait ... what do they call us southerners now? neo-confederates? ... oh, yeah ... oh, well ... f*ck it ...

    Heh. If "neo-confederate" is some code word for "raaaaacist", well, all I gotta say is that I never ever had a problem down south with that. In the liberal northeast and the pacific northwest, on the other hand...

    I'm just sayin. So you sothroners just keep on keepin on, ya hear?

    ReplyDelete
  61. Dang good thing I was had not been drinking (much) when I got stopped for the speeding ticket tonight ... policeman did not even make me get out of the car ... so now I am gonna celebrate my ticket ... DRINK! ... they had just changed the limits on that road to 55 from 70 a few weeks ago and did not know it .. so when I passed the police car doing 70 I thought I was okay ... guess not ... LOL ...

    ReplyDelete
  62. sorry ain't never going back ...

    Windows 7 is better. Much better than Vista. Trust me. I worked on some interesting parts of Windows 7. I had nothing whatsoever to do with the trainwreck that is Vista (I spent all that time working in the Dev Div)

    ReplyDelete
  63. That's just what it wants you to think, Pinkie. : )

    WOW! Like magic ...I speak your name and here you are! HI CC! I'm glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  64. You know, I have a habit of saying "herro", and I'm not even thinking of that...it's sort of an "I'm so ronery and sadry arone" thing, but it's not intended in a bad way.

    I've always found it funny, CC. :)

    ReplyDelete

  65. I'm just sayin. So you sothroners just keep on keepin on, ya hear?


    We. ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
  66. RunningBare ... well, to tell you the truth ... we don't really give a flying flip what people say ... we just keep on keeping on with our way of life ... no excuses ever ... I have said before ... we will still be here ... long after the crap hits the fan ... we always have ...

    ReplyDelete
  67. I've always found it funny, CC. :)

    It's the online barometer. It says: "CC's in a good mood!"

    ReplyDelete
  68. Z2, do you they have cameras around there to catch you speeding and running red lights? They do here.

    Once I was doing 40 in a 25 (it was a really weird place for 25mph - big, wide road that seemed more like a 35 or 40), and big light flashed in my face. I thought for sure I was going to get a ticket, but I didn't - though I know in other parts of this area, they take a camera shot of you and you get a ticket in the mail. I know someone it happened to.

    It's kind of creepy, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Driving while Indian, huh Bare!?



    Yeah. I sure learned my lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  70. WOW! Like magic ...I speak your name and here you are! HI CC! I'm glad you're here!

    You spoke my name? Do I wanna look? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  71. It's the online barometer. It says: "CC's in a good mood!"

    Is that what that is? I've noticed other barometers of that, but I'll add that to the list too!

    ReplyDelete
  72. BTW all ya'll ...

    DO NOT watch this freaking Geraldo show if you wanta keep your b/p in a decent range. He brings in Sharpton to discuss what a 'racial provocateur' Rush is.

    /you've been warned

    ReplyDelete
  73. It's the online barometer. It says: "CC's in a good mood!"

    Oh, I was out doing stuff I didn't want to be doing so I'm just glad to be back here. (I must really be hell on wheels sometimes! I don't mean to be.)

    ReplyDelete
  74. we will still be here ... long after the crap hits the fan ... we always have ...

    Like us indians. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  75. Up in Lynnwood the damn red light cameras are everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Up in Lynnwood the damn red light cameras are everywhere.

    True, but all you have to do is drive behind one of the big fat Lynnwood women with big hair, and the camera will never see ya.

    /I was married to a Lynnwood chick *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  77. Is that what that is? I've noticed other barometers of that, but I'll add that to the list too!

    Hmmmmm...the other day I was in such a good mood, I had an "episode" like my dogs. (I just started running through the house, around the furniture, in circles - you should have been here, Bare - they were looking at me like I was nuts.)

    Yeah, I'm a little odd. : )

    ReplyDelete
  78. Pink ... Geraldo? ... hahaha ... slobbering idiot ...

    CC ... not that I know of around here in town ... but it was my fault I got the ticket cuz I passed the policeman ... I was in my um ... sports car I guess you could call it ... so I drive a little faster in it ... when I am in my truck I go slower ... but really I was not paying attention and just zipped past that cop ... I am sure it made him mad and I don't blame him ... sometimes I get to just zoning out and find myself going 100 mph sometimes in that car on the interstate ... and I need to stop it ... really ...

    ReplyDelete
  79. Yeha, you mentioned that to me CC. It's on the list, too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  80. CC, we have the cameras here too. I hate them. Here, it's legal to turn right on red. BUT, the camera snaps a pic if you cross the white line painted at the intersection once the light turns red. If you stop before the while line ...full stop, and then make your right turn on red, you get the ticket in the mail. 35 bucks.

    The cameras are everywhere in town and the citizenry has gotten pretty ugly about it.

    We hope they go away soon (and there's a chance they may).

    ReplyDelete
  81. Up in Lynnwood the damn red light cameras are everywhere.

    That's where I was talking about! I had the light flash in my face in Woodinville, but I know they have that happening in Lynnwood - that's where they'll actually ticket you by mail.

    How do they know which driver to ticket?

    ReplyDelete
  82. well I think I am done lurking for the night. See you all later on. Tomorrow is a shooty day for me. Wonder how my aim will be after 17 years of no practice. :)

    /some one is going to be documenting it in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  83. We hope they go away soon (and there's a chance they may).

    A citizens' revolt?? Those still work?? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  84. ...hell on wheels sometimes!

    Yes, but only in a good way. Like when you come back from a shopping spree and tell us about your Stuart Weitzman suede thigh high boots. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  85. Good night, P2!! We're just getting warmed up - sad you have to leave us!

    ReplyDelete
  86. RB,

    LMAO!

    You hang out the Wally World?

    ReplyDelete
  87. True, but all you have to do is drive behind one of the big fat Lynnwood women with big hair, and the camera will never see ya.

    /I was married to a Lynnwood chick *shudder*


    ROFL!! Funny, Bare!

    ReplyDelete
  88. How do they know which driver to ticket?

    Registered owner. Even if you loan someone your car.

    Of course, traffic citations are "civil" infractions, so the whole "right to face your accuser", and other constitutional rights dont' apply.

    Quite the racket they got going on, and in this time of economic cuts in Olympia and the counties and cities, well, let's just say that the number of tickets issued will skyrocket. Just watch.

    ReplyDelete
  89. sometimes I get to just zoning out and find myself going 100 mph sometimes in that car on the interstate ... and I need to stop it ... really ...

    Holy MOLEY! LOL 100 mph? Do you totally have the tunes cranked or what? LMAO

    What kind of car are we talking? I've got two, also - an SUV and a Roadster...though I never go THAT fast (80 maybe). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  90. Hmmmmm...the other day I was in such a good mood, I had an "episode" like my dogs. (I just started running through the house, around the furniture, in circles - you should have been here, Bare - they were looking at me like I was nuts.)

    Yeah, I'm a little odd.


    We love you CC. :-)

    (Damn, I am getting furder and furder behind on this thread!)

    ReplyDelete
  91. Bare, isn't there a points system on your driver's license? Do they dock points from me if I loan you my car and you get a camera ticket?

    Seems problematic to me.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Good Night PalPhil ..

    ReplyDelete
  93. Sheriff: Charges will be filed in balloon saga

    Authorities are pursuing criminal charges in the case of a boy who vanished into his parents' garage while the world feared he was trapped aboard a helium balloon - prompting speculation of a hoax.

    I didn't being completely whacked was a chargeable offense. //

    ReplyDelete
  94. Goodnight, Phil! Have lots of fun shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  95. I have an Aunt who is, shall we say, just a tad on the heavy side. And by tad, I mean "HOLY FUCKING SHIT, SHAMU!" but I digress...

    When I was about 7 or 8 we went on a trip to vosit her down in DC - my uncle was in teh military down there.

    So, we go to Quantico - a marine base - and I want to take pictures of the tanks and stuff, and I was doing that.

    I was about to take a picture of some old tank, when she stepped in between me and the tank. I innocently said, "Aunt Kathleen, get out of the way - I can't see the tank!"

    Man, my uncle could get pissed, let me tell ya.

    ReplyDelete
  96. A citizens' revolt?? Those still work?? ; )

    You ever seen a bunch of pissed off Cajuns?

    ReplyDelete
  97. Bare, isn't there a points system on your driver's license? Do they dock points from me if I loan you my car and you get a camera ticket?

    No point system here that I'm aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  98. In Massachusetts, the law still is a uniformed officer must give you the ticket. Cameras aren't legal.
    And given that you can get run over driving the speed limit...
    I just wish the 25 limit would get better enforced on my street; it isn't wide, and is curvy; and I have to cross it to get the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  99. You ever seen a bunch of pissed off Cajuns?

    Yeah, but that's always after the english (*spit*) ride into town and take all your shit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  100. CC ... hahaha ... yeah I just zone out with the music loud ... I have two sports cars one german and one swedish ... I need not drive the swede as that is the one I seem to have trouble speeding in ... I mostly drive my Ford pickup ...

    ReplyDelete

  101. I was about to take a picture of some old tank, when she stepped in between me and the tank. I innocently said, "Aunt Kathleen, get out of the way - I can't see the tank!"

    Man, my uncle could get pissed, let me tell ya.


    Now Bare ....we've been exposed to your wonderful brand of humor now for what ...about a month, maybe a little more? And you expect us to believe that "innocently" of yours in that story?

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Pink ... you mean a bad case of choux rouge? ... haha ... could be dangerous ... I seen it in action ...

    ReplyDelete
  103. And you expect us to believe that "innocently" of yours in that story?


    I was SEVEN!!!!!!! Heck, that was a whole YEAR before I ever got arrested or smoked the marihuana, for crying out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  104. You ever seen a bunch of pissed off Cajuns?

    I've seen one! ; ) LOL (I was just off reading something truly hilarious - I'm back. : )

    ReplyDelete
  105. * waits to see if Pink sees his post about the English... get's into "ready to run" position...*

    ReplyDelete
  106. Hey Y'all - just wanted to stop by and say hi to y'all and
    HOW ABOUT THOSE YANKEES?! Whoo-Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  107. CC ... hahaha ... yeah I just zone out with the music loud ... I have two sports cars one german and one swedish ... I need not drive the swede as that is the one I seem to have trouble speeding in ... I mostly drive my Ford pickup ...

    I do that too! If I have music on, watch out - that's when my foot turns to lead. Something about it! So what kind of music? (I have a big variety in mine - lots of R&B but also Donald Fagen and Tony Iommi/Glenn Hughes - great driving music, that.)

    ReplyDelete
  108. Pink ... you mean a bad case of choux rouge? ... haha ... could be dangerous ... I seen it in action ...

    I was SEVEN!!!!!!! Heck, that was a whole YEAR before I ever got arrested or smoked the marihuana, for crying out loud!

    Hahaha! Yes, Z2 ... I do!

    Bare, LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  109. How tough are your football players!

    Tougher'n the ones in the NFL, apparently. Who needs to put big hits on them? From now on, a receiver will go to catch the all, the CB will shout "RUSH LIMBAUGH!!!!" at them, and *tweet* incomplete... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  110. * waits to see if Pink sees his post about the English... get's into "ready to run" position...*

    Hey! I'm on YOUR side!

    ReplyDelete
  111. CC ... I love all music ... recently I have been embracing my inner redneck ... and have changed all my XM stations ... in protest ... hahahaha ...

    something like this ...

    That Smell ... yep ... it's been nasty since oh, well, about since November last year ...

    ODS showing ... who cares ...

    ReplyDelete
  112. Realwest said...
    Hey Y'all - just wanted to stop by and say hi to y'all and
    HOW ABOUT THOSE YANKEES?! Whoo-Hoo!!


    Grumble, mumble, damn Yankees!

    Hiya Real!

    ReplyDelete
  113. Hi there CC! How are y'all doing this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  114. Hi realwest!! How you doing tonight?!

    /bout damn time you came to visit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  115. I was SEVEN!!!!!!! Heck, that was a whole YEAR before I ever got arrested or smoked the marihuana, for crying out loud!

    Bare, you have the best childhood stories I've EVER heard, from ANYBODY.

    The snowman is my favorite.

    If anyone here hasn't heard Bare's snowman story, please say so - we'll get him to tell it, and it is HILARIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  116. That Smell ... yep ... it's been nasty since oh, well, about since November last year

    Oh! It's the lezbo Helen song!

    ReplyDelete
  117. CC ... I love all music

    Really? I bet with about 5 minutes of digging through my extensive collection, I could find something that will make you go, "Ok, maybe I exaggerated a little..." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  118. R/W, I'm doing fine - so glad to be here. (I was gone for a while tonight, and it feels so great to be back...been a slow day but I'm having fun now!)

    ReplyDelete
  119. Hey Realwest ... hope you are doing well and your mother ... you are up late ...

    ReplyDelete
  120. BARE: SNOWMAN STORY, PLEASE. The timing seems perfect ....

    ReplyDelete
  121. RunningBare ... yep ... I bet you are right ... spare me please ...

    ReplyDelete
  122. ODS showing ... who cares ...

    Not me! I don't think merely disliking Obama qualifies as ODS anyway. : )

    ReplyDelete
  123. RunningBare ... yep ... I bet you are right ... spare me please ...

    Phew. Thank goodness. I didn't want to have to whip out my original "Death Folk" collection - death metal songs, performed more upbreat with folk instruments.

    ReplyDelete
  124. Ok... ok. When I was 8 I built a snowman. It was funny. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  125. Hi Pink, well I'm freezing my butt off because mom isn't thrilled with having the heat on in the evening when we're sleeping, even though it's now 45 degrees outside!
    Her theory is: if you have enough blankets, duvets or quilts, you'll sleep just fine. I just can't stand having my head "under the covers" and am therefor colder than she is most of the evening, I guess.
    But other than freezing, I'm feeling REALLY GREAT! It took extra innings, but the Yankees beat the Angels in extra innings in what I gather was weather just as raw in NYC as it is down here in THE SOUTHLAND! LOL.
    How are you doing tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  126. Going in the kitchen to get some soup - back in two minutes - NO ONE LEAVE. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  127. Hi Pink, well I'm freezing my butt off because mom isn't thrilled with having the heat on in the evening when we're sleeping, even though it's now 45 degrees outside!
    Her theory is: if you have enough blankets, duvets or quilts, you'll sleep just fine.


    Mom is right.

    /runs and hides behind CC

    ReplyDelete
  128. But other than freezing, I'm feeling REALLY GREAT!

    Real, I am so happy to hear this! Great news! We've missed you around here. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  129. Pink Freud said...
    "Death Folk"

    DEATH FOLK?


    As I understand it, that would be like a country version of Pink Floyd's The Wall.

    ReplyDelete
  130. Going in the kitchen to get some soup - back in two minutes - NO ONE LEAVE. LOL

    Quick everyone hide!

    ReplyDelete
  131. Here, it is my wife who is always "freezing to death" about the time it is cool enough for me to get comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  132. Oh yes, but after seeing the oil heating bill, she's willing to use covers, sweaters, etc.
    Especially now; she took over the oil payments.

    ReplyDelete
  133. Here, it is my wife who is always "freezing to death" about the time it is cool enough for me to get comfortable.

    Sounds like my house....

    ReplyDelete
  134. Seriously, though. I was 8. I loved building snowmen (and anatomically correct snowwomen, too) in my yard. We lived on a corner lot up on a mountain, and I would build my snowman on the lawn, but whenever I would do this, the neighborhood teenagers would come through at night, drunk, and cut across the lawn in thier car, running over my snowman.

    I'd get up every morning, and there were the tire tracks, and my decimated snowman. It sucked.

    But I was tenacious, and would keep rebuilding it, and they'd keep running it over.

    So, one day, I'm gonna build a new snowman to replace the one that had been destroyed, when I spy the fire hydrant on the corner of our yard. Being 8, I'm thinking, "If I build it AROUND the hydrant, they wont' run it over! YAY! Problem solved!" and built my cool snowman around the hydrant.

    So, middle of the night, I'm asleep, and I hear a loud BANG! like a car accident, lots of yelling, screaming, and loud running water...

    I laid there in bed for what seemed like an eternity, knowing I was in deep shit.

    I finally got woken up by a couple fo firemen, my parents, and a cop. After explaining it to them my whole thought process, the "punishment" I got was that I had to shovel access to the hydrant the rest of the winter.

    Seeing those teenagers, cuffed in the back of the cop car, drunk with that "WTF Just happened?" look, and their smashed up car still makes me laugh when I think of it.

    Oh, and the school bus couldn't get through to pick us up for a few days, with the thick layer of ice on the hill. That was cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  135. Hey there zigzaggingthroughghostland (now, really, could ya have picked a LONGER nicname?!)
    I'm doing ok and I am up late, given that I gotta lot of chores to do tomorrow!
    But I expect to be hitting the hay pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  136. I have always liked Joan since seeing her in early 70s ... slowing down ... one more beer ... now that I am out of my car ...

    love and ....

    ReplyDelete
  137. realwest ... hey .. I just love that song from the Radiators ... but feel free to just call me zig or zag ... or whatever you want ... I thought about using my old nic but I want to go forward ... and I never liked that nic anyway ... I just made it up really fast and that was that ...

    ReplyDelete
  138. Yex, "Death Folk". Picture any of those 70s snger songwriters, like Jim Croce, or James Taylor, performing songs by Cannibal Corpse in their own reconizable style.

    Death Folk.

    ReplyDelete
  139. Hey thanks Pink, I gotta tell ya I've missed being out here a lot too!
    But sometimes real life intervenes, ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  140. Hey Running Bare - who the hell are or is Cannibal Corpse?

    ReplyDelete
  141. Bare, I started laughing about here: ". Being 8, I'm thinking, "If I build it AROUND the hydrant, they wont' run it over!"

    Hahahahahaha!

    Great story! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  142. G'evening, nite, morning all!

    @Running bare: "folk death metal", heh :-) It's been done before (in Scandinavia) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  143. RunningBare ... you were a feisty little kid ... I like it ...

    ReplyDelete
  144. @Running bare: "folk death metal", heh :-) It's been done before (in Scandinavia) :-)

    I used to love the scndinavian metal. Merciful Fate, King Crimson, Candlemass, etc... Good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  145. Finally Free! Awright ... you decided to come join us! Welcome! Goodwhateveritis in your part of the world (I can NEVER remember).

    ReplyDelete
  146. Hey Bare - did that build an anatomically correct snowperson(!) around a fire hydrant REALLY HAPPEN or did y'all read it in a Calvin and Hobbes comic strip? Or maybe, wait a minute........is your real name Calvin? Or Hobbes?!

    ReplyDelete
  147. BARE, I love that story! But I never knew you thought they wouldn't hit it! I thought you built it around the hydrant so that they WOULD.

    In fact, I'm SURE you did!

    Are you intentionally softening your image??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  148. JCM, come out, come out, wherever you are! I'm baaaaaaack!

    ReplyDelete
  149. RunningBare ... you were a feisty little kid ... I like it ...

    When I was 6, my mother was playing on teh company softball team for the woolen mill she worked in. I had a friend what lived near the park they played at, so we'd hang. My mother told me once, "The game will go on after dark. Be back her before dark..." and I took off with my friend.

    Now, I love the woods - I'd spend every day and night in it if I could. So, we go off exploring, etc... it gets dark. I'm thinking I'm gonna be in serious trouble.

    So, it's getting late, and suddenly we see all kinds of people walking through the woods with flashlights, calling our names. I'm thinking, "Oh crap, I am DEAD" so, we decide maybe it would be better to just avoid those people.

    So for hours, I'd hide, until they got close... finally, I hid in a tree way up high, until the line of people moved past, then hightailed it back to the park.

    Anyway, long story short, I got an ass-whooping th elikes of which I had never experienced before ;)

    ReplyDelete
  150. Are you intentionally softening your image??? LOL

    You know me. I never do anything intentionally. Bad things just... happen.

    ReplyDelete
  151. @Running bare: King Crimson = Scandinavian death metal?!? :-) (Robert Fripp, Bill Bruford, John Wetton, Tony Levin, ... would be very surprised.)

    Now seriously: have you ever heard a band called Opeth? Probably my favorite Scandinavian metal band --- although they're at least as influenced by '70s prog acts (particularly Camel) as by metal or folky stylings.

    ReplyDelete
  152. /Lawrence Welk Meets Velvet Underground

    Awesome LOL

    ReplyDelete
  153. RunningBare .. yes, I saw the back side of a few hairbrushes from my mama when I was young ... hell she scared the crap out of me till the day she died ... but loved her so much ... now it would be called child abuse ... you probably just scared the crap out of her and I would have given you a good "licking" (um ... and not the good kind so don't even go there) myself if I had been your mama ...

    ReplyDelete
  154. Goodnight. It is 2 AM and way too late.

    ReplyDelete
  155. @Running bare: aha... I guess you meant King Diamond, not King Crimson :-)

    ReplyDelete
  156. You know me. I never do anything intentionally. Bad things just... happen.

    Wow. You do that so well.

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  157. King Crimson = Scandinavian death metal?!?

    Damn. Meant King Diamond. I hate that I am now almost elderly and listen to different stuff now. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  158. Corre∫pondence Committee said...
    JCM, come out, come out, wherever you are! I'm baaaaaaack!


    What? No one else hid? Don't I look silly!

    ReplyDelete
  159. I would have given you a good "licking" (um ... and not the good kind so don't even go there) myself if I had been your mama ...

    If you'd have been my momma, I'd have taken it. /PervertedWinstonChurchillMode

    ReplyDelete

  160. Now seriously: have you ever heard a band called Opeth? Probably my favorite Scandinavian metal band --- although they're at least as influenced by '70s prog acts (particularly Camel) as by metal or folky stylings.


    Was my son's favorite band about a year ago. Oh me oh my, I spent HOURS looking for an Opeth hoodie for Christmas.

    Found it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  161. When I want to chill I listen to Sigur Ros ...

    hoppipolla...

    ReplyDelete
  162. Trafic Cameras . . .

    Grrr. . .

    I received a citation for running a toll booth in New York.

    Neither I nor my truck have ever been to New York.

    They are rat-bastards I tell yah.

    ReplyDelete
  163. Goodnight, Kosh! See you soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  164. Opeth? I'll have to ask my kid. I am so not up on the current metal now. With all the "nu metal" crap that's out there, I tend to avoid it, and just fall back on the old favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  165. I received a citation for running a toll booth in New York.

    Neither I nor my truck have ever been to New York.


    I hope you contested the hell out of that!

    ReplyDelete
  166. They are rat-bastards I tell yah.

    We hate them!

    Hi Syrah! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  167. Hi guys & gals. Did I miss anything exciting today?

    ReplyDelete
  168. Hi guys & gals. Did I miss anything exciting today?

    Not really. I've just been sitting here, bored out of my mind watching videos of women tie cherry stems with only their tongues. I find it oddly... well... fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  169. I received a citation for running a toll booth in New York.

    Neither I nor my truck have ever been to New York.


    REALLY? There are real problems with those things!

    ReplyDelete
  170. Shhh! She's here!


    Hi PBJ, why, did you hear something?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  171. Killian ... that is so funny .... my parents watched Welk all the time and even watched reruns till almost the day they died ... and no I don't think these two "got" it ... hahahaha ...

    ReplyDelete
  172. What? No one else hid? Don't I look silly!

    They were too askeered of me to hide, clearly. They just froze in place when I said NOBODY LEAVE. You must be a rebel or something.

    ReplyDelete
  173. Heh, didn't hear a thing. Just intuition I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  174. Killian ... that is so funny .... my parents watched Welk all the time and even watched reruns till almost the day they died ... and no I don't think these two "got" it ... hahahaha ...

    I had an lderly aunt, who had been crippled by Polio, who watched that show religiously. I used to hang out with her a lot to help her and stuff, and so I had to watch it all teh time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  175. Good stuff, KB ....LOL! My parents too, Zigzag.

    ReplyDelete