Thursday, October 8, 2009

Afternoon News Dump 10/8


Official: Obama to Send Enough Troops to Keep Al Qaeda at Bay

The official also added that President Obama is prepared to accept some Taliban involvement in Afghanistan's political future, reiterating what the president said in March.

Members of the president's national security team argued that the Taliban in Afghanistan do not pose a direct threat to the U.S., officials told The New York Times. It was unclear if everyone in the war council accepted the premise.

And then there's this. This is just sad.


BREAKING: Congress acts to extend hate crimes to cover gays

WASHINGTON — The House voted Thursday to make it a federal crime to assault people because of their sexual orientation, significantly expanding the hate crimes law enacted in the days after Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination in 1968.
With expected passage by the Senate, federal prosecutors will for the first time be able to intervene in cases of violence perpetrated against gays.

Note: The debate, for us, is over the merits of hate crimes legislation. We in no way advocate people being attacked over their race, religion, or sexual orientation. We figure that's clear, but it never hurts to say so.

155 comments:

  1. Any option that leaves and legitimizes the Taliban can be considered a failure. President Obama and his team make a crucial mistake in identifying the enemy as Al-Qeada, and targeting only those identified as such.

    The enemy is Radical Jihadist Islam. Stability in the region requires the defeats of the Taliban, if the the US withdraws from fighting the Taliban, so will Pakistan. Pakistan is just now getting on board with dealing with Taliban in Waziristan.

    Allow the Taliban is a temporary reprieve from our shouldering the burden of defeating a threat to the region and national security. We have a window of opportunity to finish this and bring about stability. Not availing ourselves of the opportunity only delays the inevitable, finishing the Taliban.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can anybody explain why I see a big blank spot after This is just sad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Violet...did you get your glasses? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. *face in palm*

    Awful. Just plain awful.

    What does the Rush vid say? I don't have audio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. VioletTiger said...

    Try reloading, if not here's the link.

    WJR People In Line For Obama Money

    ReplyDelete
  6. VT, hmm. There's an imbedded youtube video there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently Obama & his civilian advisers were surprised to learn, after the president agreed to Petreaus' new counterinsurgency strategy for Afghanistan back in March, that it would require additional troops!

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/07/AR2009100704088.html?hpid=topnews

    They thought it would only need more diplomats, NGO's and community organizers. None of that yucky guns & bombs stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYONE!

    My friendly reminder ....

    CALL FOR CONTACT INFO:

    For any of you who haven't sent your contact info or received any communication from me in the past, please click on my nic/avatar and send me an email with your info. We'll be moving shortly and I will be sending out invites to the new place (you will need this invite to enter).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Russkilitlover said...

    Transcribed by, redstateredneck said...
    Q"Why are you here?"
    A"To get some money."
    Q"What kind of money?"
    A"Obama money."
    Q"Where did he get it?"
    A"I don't know, it's from his stash. That's why we voted for him. We love him..Omama! Obama!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fluffy Bubby--got a new script!
    Hey my eyes are not that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kenneth
    From the last thread, can you explain in layman's terms to someone who is pretty thick why that euro-thing is bad for the US?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am laughing with you, not at you! I have my readers on as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pelosi to Republicans: 'I'm in My Place' as House Speaker

    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was taking issue with a National Republican Congressional Committee press release that accused her of backing down to liberals in her caucus who oppose Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal's recommendation for an escalation of troops in Afghanistan.

    Bitch Bitch Bitch

    ReplyDelete
  14. FB, I decided to get, um, bifocals. I only need my glasses for driving and distance. I keep losing them when I take them off for everything else. They will be the invisible kind.

    ReplyDelete
  15. russ, they were on the streets of Detroit interviewing people lined up to fill out the grant forms. A couple of people were calling it Obama money and saying it came from Obams's stass. unfriggenbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am on strike for the rest of the afternoon. No more work. Maybe I can get me some Obama money.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Free money!
    Wheeee!
    Where can I get mine....?
    What? Uh oh.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jorline said...

    Pelosi to Republicans: 'I'm in My Place' as House Speaker

    "I'm in my place. I'm the Speaker of the House, the first woman Speaker of the House. And I'm in my place because the House of Representatives voted me there," she added. "But that language is something I haven't even heard in decades."

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was googling earlier about the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program. It's not just Detroit, but there are the first I've heard with these kind of epic lines and problems.

    ReplyDelete
  20. VT - I have a RX for bifocals in my purse.

    (Too darn vain to get it filled.)

    Although, everytime I have to look up a number in the phonebook, I swear I am getting it filled the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We in no way advocate people being attacked over their race, religion, or sexual orientation

    Awww man. :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. FB, they have the kind that 'blend in'. That's what I am going for.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have progressive bifocals.

    See, there is something progressive about me after all.

    I highly recommend them if you wear larger-size glasses, not little tiny ones.

    The break-in period was about a day.

    The other option is two just get two pair. That's what my wife has, and my boss.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You would think they would not advocate for people being attacked, period. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  25. VT, after a short period of getting used to them, I think you will like them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. If hate crime gets a extended sentence.
    It only goes to reason a love crime should get a reduced sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You would think they would not advocate for people being attacked, period. End of story.

    All victims are equal.

    Some are just more equal than others.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I still getting used to readying glasses....

    Annoying the heck out me....

    ReplyDelete
  29. JCM, buy a dozen pairs and leave them all over the house.

    And when you can't find them - check on top of your head, that's where I always find mine.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fluffy Bunny
    That's what mr hightechredneck and I do. We both wear reading glasses and we have them all over the house. Every room!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fluffy Bunny said...

    Have you been watching me?

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  32. redstate
    When you look at the breakdown of how much money each state is allocated by county, it doesn't look like it will go very far.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Idiot on a Christian blog who seems to love all things pali and always blames Israel for all troubles;

    What I am trying to show you is that Islam is a complete ideology and politics is a huge part of it. It seems obvious that since the Koran does not mention Jerusalem's importance, any actions since then should be seen in the light of territory-legitimizing and some of their leaders' hatred of Jews. The "People of the Book" gentleness that you mention is really a series of laws limiting non-muslim behavior. If a Jew or Christian living in muslim-controlled land does not attempt to proselytize and pays due tribute to their betters, they are usually left alone under the pact of Dhimma.

    If we closely follow the Bible's teachings, we would be of no danger to anyone. If a Muslim followed the letter of the Koran (which, thankfully most do not) they would be a danger to any non-muslim.

    ReplyDelete
  34. JCM said...
    If hate crime gets a extended sentence.
    It only goes to reason a love crime should get a reduced sentence.


    Polanski defender!

    /

    ReplyDelete
  35. RSRN -Sam's carries a six-pack for about twenty bucks, I buy the girly ones on-line for reading menus in public, etc but keep the Sam's readers all over the house.

    ReplyDelete
  36. TOFU
    Look how many showed up in Detroit. That was the problem. PLUS there were people on the sidewalk selling bogus applications for twenty bucks a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  37. JCM - My Romper Room mirror is awesome!

    I see JCM and VioletTiger and...

    ReplyDelete
  38. From this Detroit link it appears that originally the $15.2 million was being offered to homeless service providers and not to the homeless peeps themselves. A lot of the links on this page no longer work so I couldn't find a lot out.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Romper Room!
    I remember that. And Captain Kangaroo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. redstateredneck said...

    I was googling earlier about the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program. It's not just Detroit, but there are the first I've heard with these kind of epic lines and problems.


    More subsidizing failure.....

    ReplyDelete
  41. Bunny
    Me, too! Utiliatian glasses at home but I have the Christie Brinkley Wal-Mart Designer readers at $20.00 a pair!
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  42. OR's spelling problem seems to be catching.
    utilitarian

    ReplyDelete
  43. Good afternoon C2. Looks like we're gonna let the Taliban go then, huh? Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  44. You would think they would not advocate for people being attacked, period. End of story.

    We don't, of course - I'm the one who added that comment, and I did it in the context of the story, because I've seen people on other blogs take something like this and run with it to suggest that simply posting a story like this is some indication that another blog is anti-gay, racist, or bigoted against a particular religion. We are none of those things, and I just wanted to point that out very clearly to pre-empt that sort of baseless attack.

    But it's true - we are anti-violence against innocent people in general. I guess I figured people would assume that, too.

    That'll teach me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  45. Redstate - I will find the site, can't remember it right now, that has a great selection of feminine readers, prices are so reasonable you can have a pair for every outfit!

    I lost my favorites(twice in the last couple of months). Never trust Dell Datasafe.

    Going to look now.

    ReplyDelete
  46. All victims are equal.

    Some are just more equal than others.

    October 8, 2009 1:22 PM


    It would seem that way, and that's the part I personally object to.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Fluffy Bunny
    I like the sun readers, too. Need to order some of those 'cause I never see them in the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks Pink, CC -- I been popping in for a few days now. Really like the layout, by the way. Now I gotta hit that dashboard and find me a, whatchimyacallit, an avatar.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Ah, yes, the time-honored military strategy of doing just barely enough (in your estimation) to "keep the enemy at bay". What could possibly go wrong?!

    ReplyDelete
  50. RSRN - LOL !Because there is nothing sexier than holding your readers in front of your sunglasses!

    Might as well wear a flashing neon sign that says " Yes, I am over 40!".

    ReplyDelete
  51. The Taliban will be glad to agree to a hudna.

    ReplyDelete
  52. If you need a hand with that, Centaur, let us know. We've managed to feel our way around and successfully help a couple of people out with theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  53. So, my 11 yr. old daughter loves her new Chuck Taylors! They still look the same.

    ReplyDelete
  54. We've managed to feel our way around and successfully help a couple of people out with theirs.

    So true! They did a great job helping my upload my "cute baby bunny" avatar, for instance.

    [I don't have my reading glasses... that IS a cute baby bunny, right?]

    /

    ReplyDelete
  55. Ah, yes, the time-honored military strategy of doing just barely enough (in your estimation) to "keep the enemy at bay". What could possibly go wrong?!

    If I had lost a son or daughter in that region, I would be even more angry about this than I am as it is.

    We. Are. So. Screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Ah, yes, the time-honored military strategy of doing just barely enough (in your estimation) to "keep the enemy at bay". What could possibly go wrong?!

    Just like the bombing halts we gave the North Vietnamese while they "negotiated".

    ReplyDelete
  57. JCM said...
    More subsidizing failure.....


    Ssshhhh...they'll hear you!
    Remember what happened with Cash for Clunkers? I see the potential for a mammoth expansion or extension of this "Cash for O-bots" program.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Spenser
    They sure don't cost the same.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I just noticed the link from JammieWearingFool on the blogroll:

    Barack Obama: Taleban can be involved in Afghanistan future


    Welcome to ObamaWorld....

    Is is safe to say now that we are truly screwed?

    ReplyDelete
  60. see you all later...profit making time....someone has to pay for all this grandeur and opulence.

    ReplyDelete
  61. President Obama is prepared to accept some Taliban involvement in Afghanistan's political future

    They could head up the Ministry of Toppling Heavy Stone Walls Onto Homosexuals, for instance. Or they could be steered toward the law enforcement side, and set up Law & Order: Adultress Stoning Unit. The possibilities are endless.

    /spit

    ReplyDelete
  62. <<<<< that'll work for now. (Hope it worked!)

    Occasional -- exactly. Leave them partially in power, and the Taliban would never--never--try to take complete control. It's just not in their character!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Desert Dog
    I believe it's safe to say we're screwed, blued and tatooed.

    ReplyDelete
  64. CC - our son has recently enlisted in the Air Force.

    We are proud but very nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Fluffy - bless him, and you! Please thank him for his service for us.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Congrats, Bunny! Please tell him that a bunch of oddball strangers sincerely thank him for volunteering to protect our country!

    ReplyDelete
  67. [I don't have my reading glasses... that IS a cute baby bunny, right?]

    Adorable, O/R! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  68. Spenser

    Picking up on your comment above, it is my contention that Islam is a political and social ideology wrapped in a fig leaf of religion. The sooner we begin treating it as an ideology and not primarily as a religion, the better off we're going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I only came to say I must be going - hope you all have a great Columbus Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Thanks CC & OR, I will tell him.

    I wish I could have convinced him to wait a couple more years, but he has dreamed of flying for years.

    ReplyDelete
  71. it is my contention that Islam is a political and social ideology wrapped in a fig leaf of religion

    I'd say, "it depends". For instance, Muslims in the US are pretty well-integrated, notwithstanding CAIR and the like. It's pointless to pick a fight with them by declaring "you don't really have a religion".

    ReplyDelete
  72. Oh, it is Columbus Day weekend, isn't it? Not that that's a big holiday in the south. But I was in NYC on Cols. Day 2 years ago and that was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I only came to say I must be going - hope you all have a great Columbus Day weekend!

    You mean "Genocidal Invaders Weekend", right?

    //

    ReplyDelete
  74. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  75. It's pointless to pick a fight with them by declaring "you don't really have a religion".
    How about Scientologists? Can you say that to them?

    ReplyDelete
  76. Fluffy Bunny said...
    Thanks CC & OR, I will tell him.

    I wish I could have convinced him to wait a couple more years, but he has dreamed of flying for years.


    Well, if he's flying, I'm not just thankful ... I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  77. redstateredneck said...
    It's pointless to pick a fight with them by declaring "you don't really have a religion".
    How about Scientologists? Can you say that to them?


    "South Park" has.

    ReplyDelete
  78. How about Scientologists? Can you say that to them?

    I could, but I'm not interested in doing so. As long as they don't get in my face, they can do whatever they want... aliens who arrived on earth in spaceships that looked like DC-8s, cool! Whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Ufo Tofu:

    If the world switched from using US dollars to Euros to buy oil it would have a devastating effect on the US economy for two reasons.

    One, the use of the dollar as the reserve currency for oil exchange is in today's economy what the gold standard used to be. It's as near as you can get for setting the true value for something. This is because the world economy runs on oil, and since oil is purchased with US dollars, therefore the world economy runs on US dollars.

    Two, and this is probably even more important, the other major oil importing countries must use the US dollar reserves to purchase oil. That means they must maintain huge cash reserves in US dollars, which means they regularly buy US treasury bills. This is one of the reasons why China is a major holder of US bills. They use those dollars to buy oil to feed their booming economy. But this leaves these oil importing countries vulnerable to fluctuations in the US economy. They would love to be able to diversify and buy more Euros if they could then use the Euros to buy oil. When that happens, then the Chinese, the Japanese, the Indians, and several European countries (all major oil importers) will start buying fewer US Treasury Bills.

    That will mean the US government won't have enough money to pay for all the fabulous programs Obama and congress has signed on for. In that case, the US will be forced to print more money, which will lower the value of the US dollar even more, kick-starting hyper-inflation.

    At this point, any foreign banks with large US dollar reserves will sell their holdings as quickly as possible, before they get caught short holding worthless greenbacks.

    So begins the death spiral of the US economy. People holding Euros will be able to convert to US dollars to buy what they want from the US at fire-sale prices. But US consumers, holding nothing but worthless Obamabills will be unable to buy much from abroad, including oil. Recession turns to depression.

    We could possibly avoid this terrible fate, if the US government is smart enough, and ruthless enough, to do what is necessary to prevent the meltdown. To date, the Obama administration has not shown they are aware of the threat, let alone know what to do about it. Instead, they are driving full speed ahead into the oncoming train.

    ReplyDelete
  80. OR

    Your point is well taken. However, how many Muslims are integrated into modern society to the point where they are not a threat? Not all in the West, even in the US. They need a reformation. For the Christians it took centuries to untangle the church from the state (if we've even succeed yet). In dealing with militant Islam, we don't have centuries. How to proceed?

    ReplyDelete
  81. Kenneth
    Thanks for responding. It doesn't sound good if averting a crisis would mean this Administration would have to take decisive action quickly.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Lookin' good, TOFU. Is that one of the Mr. Rainier cloud pics>

    ReplyDelete
  83. How to proceed?

    In broad strokes; keep zapping the jihadists; keep church/mosque and state separate; keep pressing Muslims to integrate to Western values of freedom and tolerance. And no, none of that is exactly easy.

    ReplyDelete
  84. OR
    Your spelling problem is contagious!
    Mt. Rainier

    ReplyDelete
  85. For the Christians it took centuries to untangle the church from the state (if we've even succeed yet). In dealing with militant Islam, we don't have centuries. How to proceed?

    The proper application of high-yield explosives in appropriate amounts?

    ReplyDelete
  86. OR,

    I agree with your position on this. We must stop giving credibility to Islamist groups in the West. They must be isolated, prosecuted, de-funded & shut down. There are pro-western modernist Muslim groups in the west and our outreach should be limited to them alone. Screw the Saudi front groups, like CAIR.

    ReplyDelete
  87. redstate
    I'm not sure. I'm not really sure how I managed to get it to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  88. There are pro-western modernist Muslim groups in the west and our outreach should be limited to them alone. Screw the Saudi front groups, like CAIR.

    Bingo.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Popping back in for one funny thing... apparently an e-mail making the rounds among Brazilians, that was forwarded to my by a Brazilian colleague.

    Cariocas (inhabitants of Rio de Janeiro) have come up with a brilliant idea. "Since we're hosting the World Cup in 2014, and the Olympics in 2016, why don't we just take 2015 off from work?"

    ReplyDelete
  90. 1. Hate crimes are unconstitutional.

    2. One of my great unfulfilled dreams was to be on Romper Room. They never called my name in the magic mirror, either.

    3. Scientology is not a religion. It's a very elaborate con. It also does untold damage by discouraging people with mental health problems from seeking help and making use of medications where appropriate.

    4. If someone is trying to manipulate world currency, my first suspect is always George Soros.

    ReplyDelete
  91. RSRN - Found it!

    Peeperspecs.com

    I have also found some nice ones at SteinMart.

    Is it 5:00, already? Shoot, off to the kitchen I go.

    Have a good one {all} !

    ReplyDelete
  92. I'm guilty of love, guilty of love, I'm guilty... In the first degree...

    /Bare in David Coverdale Mode

    ReplyDelete
  93. Kenneth,

    Agree with your assessment of what the results of the dollar losing its status as the world's reserve currency will mean. Very well stated.

    Now, that outcome is going to severely limit our ability to screw with the Saudis, or with anyone else. We will become the screw-ee, not the screw-er.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Things keep getting weirder in Montana:

    Mystery 'Police' Force Has Small Montana City on Edge

    Why do you suppose the logo resembles the Serbian flag?

    ReplyDelete
  95. dopple,

    George Soros is living, breathing proof that the British do not have a double-O programme.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Why do you suppose the logo resembles the Serbian flag?

    I'd answer you, but I'm wearing my invisibility cloak today.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Occasional Reader said...
    "In broad strokes; keep zapping the jihadists; keep church/mosque and state separate; keep pressing Muslims to integrate to Western values of freedom and tolerance. And no, none of that is exactly easy."

    I would also say to keep a tight lid on an creeping sharia. Accommodations to sharia law that trump US law must NEVER happen.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Gaza zookeepers draw crowds with painted donkeys after zebras die

    Israel restricts the importing of animals into Gaza, so the Marah Land Zoo's keepers covered the pair of donkeys in black and white stripes instead.

    Mohammed Bargouthi, the owner of the zoo, said it would have cost $40,000 to smuggle in a real zebra into Gaza. So, instead, he used French-manufactured hair dye.

    Mr Barghouthi's son, Nidal, said the two female donkeys were striped using masking tape and hair dye, applied with a paint brush.

    "The first time we used paint but it didn't look good," he said. "The children don't know so they call them zebras and they are happy to see something new."

    Hasan Yaseen said on Thursday that since his three children had never seen a real zebra, they enjoyed the Gaza version.

    Aside from the two "zebras", the zoo also flaunts an aging tigress, two monkeys, and a selection of birds, rabbits and cats.


    /obviously, they need more Obama Money

    ReplyDelete
  99. Heading home {C2ers}
    My younger daughter is home from college for the weekend. I think she's more excited about seeing the dogs than seeing me.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Is there a lion for the giant rabbit to throw a rock at?

    ReplyDelete
  101. RB,

    I didn't know you had that.

    Do you have the other two Deathly Hallows as well?

    ReplyDelete
  102. Why does it cost so much more to cram a zebra down a tunnel than a goat?

    /

    ReplyDelete
  103. Anyhoo, as far as this American Police Force "company" - they seem to be a pretty secretive affiliate in some way with "Defense Product Solutions (this company has contracts in the Middle East), which apparently has some relationship to Allied Defense Systems...

    Not sure about the double-eagle emblem that resembles the Serbian Flag... but I'd say that's just a unfortunate artifact of using that emblem...

    ReplyDelete
  104. OLT, It would have been hillarious to see that cage door suddenly pop open. hey I just got an email from Dianna folks, I convinced her to join us here. Being the nice person she is she felt obligated to tell you know who she was done before coming over. I look forward to "talking" with her tomorrow. Oh Pink, I forwarded you email addy to her - hope that was ok. Later C2'rs, time to go walk the lab along the American. Hey russ, want to trade King John for a boob? ha.

    ReplyDelete
  105. turn said...

    Nah! I'm keeping the little destructo-machine. He's got his endearing side.

    The news about Dianna is great! I really like her. Very nice person and a smart lady.

    ReplyDelete
  106. Do you have the other two Deathly Hallows as well?


    Yes, but it took a long time to collect them all, because sometimes I'd get duplicates when I went throught eh McDonald's drive thru.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Running Bare said...
    Yes, but it took a long time to collect them all, because sometimes I'd get duplicates when I went throught eh McDonald's drive thru.

    Asbestos loin cloth, I hope. Or a coffee holder.

    ReplyDelete
  108. So if an animal can tunnel into Gaza by itself, would that help with defraying expenses?

    * Rat
    * Beaver (may be haram)
    * Weasel
    * Fox
    * Badger
    * Nutria
    * Meerkat
    * Skunk

    and so on ...

    ReplyDelete
  109. This calls for WAR!

    I shall not stand for the insult!

    State's 'Pirates' ship too dirty for Calif.

    Washington's official state ship, the venerable Lady Washington, is no longer welcome in California.

    The 112-foot square-rigger, perhaps best-known as the ship hijacked by Jack Sparrow in the Disney film "Pirates of the Caribbean," normally spends its winters in California waters. Last winter, it hosted more than 70,000 visitors and took more than 7,000 California school kids sailing from California ports.

    But not this year. Despite its 4,442 square feet of ever-so-green sail power, the Lady W also employs a 60-year-old diesel engine that fails to meet California's air-pollution standards.


    Avast ye scurvy Cali dogs! We be willing to defend our honor! Send us wench, rum and tribute and we'll forget th' insult!

    ReplyDelete
  110. Welcome Diana! Really good to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  111. Diana!

    Welcome, the squirrel is welcome too!

    ReplyDelete
  112. Welcome Dianna!

    Good to see you here.

    No flouncing is good.....me too.

    ReplyDelete
  113. Hey Ya'll beautiful day here in bitter clinger land ...

    Hello Diana! Welcome! ...

    ReplyDelete
  114. Dianna said...
    Hi, everyone.

    Hi Dianna! Fellow newbie here, I've been here since Monday - really, really like it. Although since Monday, so many people have joined I almost feel like an old-timer.

    ReplyDelete
  115. Screw the f-word. It's been over-used.

    Welcome, welcome, welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  116. JCM said...
    Avast ye scurvy Cali dogs! We be willing to defend our honor! Send us wench, rum and tribute and we'll forget th' insult!

    Okey-dokey! You can have Pelosi, Feinstein, and Boxer for starters.

    ReplyDelete
  117. Is it "Talk like a Pirate Day" now?

    Here....try this.... HAARRR!

    ReplyDelete
  118. Testing to see what happens with the avatar.

    ReplyDelete
  119. Okey-dokey! You can have Pelosi, Feinstein, and Boxer for starters.
    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  120. Wonder what "Changed" ...

    "Our Military focus must be on Afghanistan. Afghanistan is a war that cannot and will not be lost." ~~Candidate Barack Obama's Rhetoric

    I truly cannot stand the man ...

    ReplyDelete
  121. WELCOME DIANNA! Very VERY nice to see you here!

    Everyone - we re-posted the policy upstairs (coincidentally...it was scheduled to go before this) - once again, if we pull any benign and well-meaning posts referring to other websites, please don't be offended - it's only to keep the community on track.

    YOU ALL ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
  122. Good lord, it's like old home week!

    Greetings, all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  123. CC, that's fine.

    No blog warring for me.

    ReplyDelete
  124. I'm so glad to see you, Dianna - been thinking of you. I hope you can hang around for the Pub threads tonight - you'll get a very big welcome, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  125. Dianna, you are one of the people I've missed the most. I am so happy to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  126. Russkilitlover said...

    Okey-dokey! You can have Pelosi, Feinstein, and Boxer for starters.


    Walked right into that one, I did......

    ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  127. Send me Pelosi. If Desert Sage can take on Helen Thomas for the cause, how can I do less?

    ReplyDelete
  128. Tonight is a business dinner, so I must decline the invitation to the pub.

    Perhaps another evening?

    ReplyDelete
  129. I've missed everyone I see here!

    ReplyDelete
  130. Dianna said...
    I've missed everyone I see here!

    But her aim is improving, so keep ducking!

    /bah-dump-ching
    /I'll be here through Tuesday
    /Tip your server folks, they spit in the drinks

    ReplyDelete
  131. Ufo Tofu said...
    OLT
    Just don't touch her.


    I don't care what she looks like, I would wreck that chick.

    /Brian the Dog is my cousin

    ReplyDelete
  132. I can't say I truly blame Pelosi for that.

    ReplyDelete
  133. Goodnight, all - the train waits for no one, and I don't trust MUNI.

    Take care, and I'll see you in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  134. See ya later Dianna ... have a good evening ...

    ReplyDelete
  135. We'll close this thread to move everyone upstairs...we might want to remove a couple of posts - nothing really wrong with them, but we want to be even-handed (and have removed a few for less direct references to other sites).

    Please don't take it personally if it's one of yours. Though we've relaxed a little bit and feel the tone and character of the blog has been established at this point (which was our primary goal), we just don't want anyone to feel singled out.

    Welcome ALL of you. We're absolutely thrilled with your presence.

    ReplyDelete