Monday, October 19, 2009

The Daily Broadside - 10/19


White House Advisers Say Fox News Is Not News
(They'll tell you what the news is.)

Karl Rove, a Fox News contributor and former White House adviser to President George W. Bush, said the Obama administration is trying to demonize Fox News for asking questions officials do not like. He compared Obama's approach to that of President Richard Nixon, who included journalists on an "enemies list."

"This is a White House engaging in its own version of the media enemies list," Rove said. "And it's unhelpful for the country and undignified for the president of the United States to so do."

Appearing on ABC's "This Week," senior Obama adviser David Axelrod said Fox News shouldn't be treated as a news organization. "And the bigger thing is that other news organizations, like yours, ought not to treat them that way, and we're not going to treat them that way," he said.

Big Wall Street bonuses "offensive": Obama aide

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A top White House aide lashed out on Sunday at Wall Street firms that are handing out huge bonuses while the rest of the economy struggles and small businesses cannot create jobs because of a lack of credit.

Highlighting a disconnect between Wall Street and Main Street that has caught the attention of the Obama administration, Goldman Sachs Group Inc's was on a pace to hand out more than $20 billion in bonuses, which could make this year a record.

Compensation is also soaring at several other big firms, which are raking in higher trading revenues amid a recovery in the stock market that lifted the Dow Jones industrial average above 10,000 last week.

But the economy remains weak elsewhere and the U.S. unemployment rate, now at 9.8 percent, is widely forecast to climb above 10 percent.

"The bonuses are offensive," David Axelrod, a senior adviser to President Barack Obama, said on the ABC News program, "This Week."

Experts doubt effectiveness of US sanctions on Iran

A flurry of congressional measures aimed at toughening US sanctions on Iran to pressure the Islamic republic to abandon its suspect nuclear program will likely have little to no impact, experts say.
Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation on Thursday that bars foreign firms that sell petroleum products to Iran from winning US government deals.

Lawmakers are also studying a number of other measures to punish Iran, which Western powers and Israel claim is seeking to develop an atomic bomb. Tehran has denied the allegations and insists it has only a civilian nuclear energy program for peaceful purposes.

DOWD: Fie, Fatal Flaw!

Havel reached out to touch a glass dish given to him by Obama, inscribed with the preamble to the U.S. Constitution. “It is only a minor compromise,” he said. “But exactly with these minor compromises start the big and dangerous ones, the real problems.”

225 comments:

  1. That sums up the lefts fixation on FOX news quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Axlerod is going to throw a rod getting revved up about FOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tyro American president got the Nobel for the mere anticipation that he would provide bold moral leadership for the world at the very moment he was caving to Chinese dictators. Awkward.

    Dang. Maureen Dowd wrote that?!

    There's only one possible conclusion to be drawn; she's a racist.

    /

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys downstairs debating pot still?

    ReplyDelete
  5. “It is only a minor compromise,” he said. “But exactly with these minor compromises start the big and dangerous ones, the real problems.”

    Seems to me the Talmud has something to say on the matter, no? Kind to the cruel, cruel to the kind, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. turn, I think they've moved on to the Cheetos phase of the debate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Leon Wieseltier writes in the upcoming New Republic: “The demotion of human rights by the common-ground presidency is absolutely incomprehensible.

    ANOTHER white supremacist unmasked!

    /

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course sanctions aren't going to stop Iran.
    They probably have enough for bombs now, and they aren't going to let go of their uranium:
    Ahead of nuclear talks, Iran signals it will not strike deal
    Not exactly a surprise. Their talks are just delaying tactics, and I wish the world would figure it out. Although I think much of the world does, and thinks Iran will stop with Israel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE Blogspot - new posts show up, just like that and folks migrate to it without so much as a hey y'all - new thread up I'm heading over there!
    Anyway, repost from prior thread:

    Hey O.R. - "Pot, yes. Crack, meth, LSD? Not so much." is almost an exact quote, but I think it was really Pot, yes. Cocaine, yes.Crack, meth, nope and only White people do LSD!"
    Course my memory could be wrong on that.
    / "

    ReplyDelete
  10. Real, I posted the actual quote downstairs.

    My line was, of course, just a crack based on JamesTKirk's post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Some of y'all are still on the old post and I swear O.R., I didn't realize you'd memorized "Dreams of My Father" or that you kept a copy handy as a reference guide! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kosh, clearly the only reason Iran isn't giving up its bomb program yet is because Obama hasn't apologized quite enough to the Muslim world for the evil that is AmeriKKKa. One more speech ought to do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't realize you'd memorized "Dreams of My Father"

    You mean you haven't?

    Obama Dignity Battalions! SEIZE HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey is midwestgak on this thread yet? If so, good morning to you too! Hope you're well today.
    And even if you're not on this thread I hope you're well today! {gak}!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "These intimidation tactics are working and spreading, and they are a cancer on our society."

    Scary thought. See you at lunch.

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704322004574477021697942920.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. In reference to the Fox story, I see dissent is no longer patriotic. *spit*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Phil, try to imagine if the Bush White House had done this with, say, CBS. The editorial pages would have thundered about the silencing of protest, McCarthyism, etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm here {real}. What a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WASHINGTON (AP) - White House advisers pledged on Sunday to book administration officials on Fox News despite claims by the president's inner circle that the cable network is a GOP mouthpiece whose programming "is geared toward making money."

    "Making money"?! Well, we can't have that, can we! How will they become dependent on the Federal bailout teat if they're making money?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. From the last thread, before I noticed that everyone else had left...

    Realwest: Hey there James T. (Cap'n)Kirk - would you classify alcohol as a drug?

    Yes, I would. Keep in mind that almost everything is a drug. Vitamins are drugs. However, the word "drug" if often used as a scare tactic -- people never refer to alcohol, nicotine, or caffeine as drugs except when they're demonizing them. The fact that something is or isn't a "drug" is not in itself proof that something should or shouldn't be legal.

    Killian Bundy: LSD, everyone should try it at least once in their life.

    There's a time and a place for everything, and it's called "college".

    ReplyDelete
  21. @OR: I read the Maureen Dowd article (Alka-Seltzer on hand just in case) and I couldn't believe what I was reading.

    He's losing Maureen Dowd of the freaking NYT?! My goodness... I know there has been "buyer's remorse" among independents and moderates, but...

    Perhaps the lion shall lie down with the lamb after all. (But the lamb won't get any sleep.)

    ReplyDelete
  22. OR, you forgot your sarc tag on the post about Iran

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Killian - from your link to Politico:

    "We have heard that certain officials in Pakistan cooperate with main agents of these terrorist attacks in eastern parts of the country," Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was cited after a Cabinet session. "It is our right to ask (for extradition) of criminals."

    Well listen if y'all believe in the right to have one country ask for extradition of criminals, how's about you send Ahmadinnerjacet and all of the Mullahs' - and whatever reamins of Ayatollah Kohmeni's corpse over here, hmmmm?
    I don't understand why the Mullahs and Dinnerjacket have such a high opinion of themselves; I mean what have they done to improve the lives of ordinary, everyday Iranians,hmmm?
    What POSITIVE contributions has Iran made to the World in the last, oh, few thousand years?
    Iran hasn't been in a war since the Iran/Iraq war in the mid 1980's and it's waaaay past time they re-learned what war really is all about.
    And I think President Obama really ought to help their educational efforts, you know??
    And yes, I know he won't, but every once in a while I allow myself to fantasize about it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The tyro American president got the Nobel for the mere anticipation that he would provide bold moral leadership for the world at the very moment he was caving to Chinese dictators. Awkward.

    Actually, a lot of liberal apologists claimed that Obama's No-Bull Prize was granted to him as "encouragement" to help him with his agenda, and obviously not meant as an award for all that he'd achieved so far, and only racists would claim otherwise. Then the Nobel Committee themselves ripped that fig leaf aside in the defense of their decision by saying that, yes, Obama had received the award for what he had already accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Occasional Reader: My line was, of course, just a crack based on JamesTKirk's post.

    I can't support your use of crack.

    ReplyDelete
  26. realwest - if Iran thinks people should be extradited, I guess they'll be sending their defense minister to Argentina for trial in the Jewish community center bombing, right?
    I'm not going to hold my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  27. James T. Kirk - the problem with your postulation is that, at least back in the day, we never had any money to try any really good drugs!
    Uh, not that I'm advocating cocaine or crack or anything like that! But to compare pot to alcohol as ArmyWife sorta did in the prior thread, is, IMO, silly. Alcohol is simply a generally socially acceptable drug; pot isn't. And I do believe that alcohol IS more dangerous to your health than is pot.

    ReplyDelete
  28. James T. Kirk - the problem with your postulation is that, at least back in the day, we never had any money to try any really good drugs!

    I will neither confirm nor deny that statement.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Realwest, I sent you email about our discussion last night on the book and stories I'm writing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey JamesT.Kirk - sorry if I seem to be singling you out, but you are making some really cool, interesting and provocative comments this morning.
    What, precisely, did the Nobel Committee find that Obama has already accomplished that was worth the Nobel Peace Prize? Have we stopped any wars, or at least caused a de-escalation of any wars? Serious question here, WHAT THE HELL did the Nobel Committee find that Obama had accomplished?

    ReplyDelete
  31. White House Communications chief Dunn boasts: We 'control' news media

    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=113347

    ReplyDelete
  32. Realwest said...
    WHAT THE HELL did the Nobel Committee find that Obama had accomplished?

    The campaign that wouldn't/couldn't/didn't end?

    ReplyDelete
  33. If Dunn controls the media, she needs to get Chrissy Matthews' leg looked at.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Serious question here, WHAT THE HELL did the Nobel Committee find that Obama had accomplished?

    I think we were just supposed to take their word for it. Even Jay Leno's response to "Obama won the prize for all that he's accomplished during his presidency" was "so far, winning that award was the first thing he's accomplished."

    Anyway, who cares about concrete results, stopping wars, and so forth... it's all about feelings, and the air in Scandanavia is overflowing with hopenchange! (And anti-Semitism, but that's another issue.)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Economist John Maynard Keynes' book "The Economic Consequences of the Peace":

    "Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the Capitalist System was to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens.There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."

    http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/10/if_obama_were_marxist_what_wou.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey Kosh's Shadow, received and replied to!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Kenneth said...

    White House Communications chief Dunn boasts: We 'control' news media

    Kosh's Shadow says -
    That is frightening. They obviously want to control the media, and I think that's what frightens them about Fox. All the other networks are the PR arm of the Democratic Party and the Obama administration; Fox isn't.

    There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image; make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to the outer limits.

    ReplyDelete
  38. midwestgak The campaign that wouldn't/couldn't/didn't end?

    This is the campaign that never ends, it goes on and on, my friends. Some people started running it, not knowing what it was; and they'll continue running it forever just because... This is the campaign that never ends, it goes on and on, my friends. Some people started running it, not knowing what it was; and they'll continue running it forever just because... This is the campaign that never ends, it goes on and on, my friends. Some people started running it, not knowing what it was; and they'll continue running it forever just because... This is the campaign that never ends, it goes on and on, my friends. Some people started running it, not knowing what it was; and they'll continue running it forever just because... This is the campaign that never ends, it goes on and on, my friends. Some people started running it, not knowing what it was; and they'll continue running it forever just because...

    (ref)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Kosh's Shadow said...
    OR, you forgot your sarc tag on the post about Iran


    No, I didn't, Kosh. I'm dead serious. If Obama apologizes just one more time, Iran will definitely give up its bomb program.

    /here's that sarc tag you were looking for... did I *really* need it?

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey Denneth my friend, how are you and yours doing today?
    And yeah, Obama controls the MSM only up to the time when the MSM wakes up to the error of it's ways. Or is AWOKEN by events/people of the error of it's ways.
    As Karl Rove said yesterday, the Administration is just too ARROGANT in it's dealing with others.
    Or words to that effect. Hey Obama and Emmanuel, this ain't Chicago and even in Chicago we got Capone and 4 of your State's last 5 govenors put in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I can't support your use of crack.

    You're just angling for me to post an Adriana Lima bikini pic (rear view), aren't you, Kirk?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Realwest: Hey JamesT.Kirk - sorry if I seem to be singling you out, but you are making some really cool, interesting and provocative comments this morning.

    You think this is provocative? You should have been here when I announced my secret affair with Throbert McGee... /

    ReplyDelete
  43. James T: you can't really blame all of Scandinavia for the Nobel Peace prize farce. It was awarded by a committee of 5 political hacks, two of which, from the Norwegian Labour party who railroaded the other three into picking Obama. The contestants on So You Think You Can Dance are subjected to broader & to more thorough scrutiny than the Nobel Peace Prize committee is capable of.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I wouldn't complain, OR. I even have a filter ready...

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm back. I'm working from home today and trying to complete a project a bit early. But I'm reading comments, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love this place, and the quantity is now coming in line with the quality. Lots of friendly faces and some damn smart analysis. How to gently say this.. the, um.. artistic quality of photographic images on some place I used to visit has gone... downhill?

    ReplyDelete
  47. James T. Kirk - that was no secret! LOL!

    Anyway y'all, I gotta run, company coming over and what not.
    I do hope you all have a great day and that I get the chance to see you all down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  48. "You're just angling for me to post an Adriana Lima bikini pic (rear view), aren't you, Kirk?"

    Yes, please. I'm out of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Realwest said...
    PIM [sic]


    You forgot to PIMF your PIMF.

    ReplyDelete
  50. James T: you can't really blame all of Scandinavia for the Nobel Peace prize farce.

    I can blame a large segment of Norway, since they continue to support and elect the bastards even after several other joke prizes (Gore, Carter, Arafat, etc.) in the past. Was there an outcry in Scandanavia about the debasing of the Nobel Prize by giving one to Obama, or did they just nod their heads sagely the same way they did when that Swedish newspaper was running anti-Semetic blood libel on the front page?

    ReplyDelete
  51. The White House Readies a Stealth Stimulus

    White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett was adamant on Sunday, when asked if President Obama was considering a so-called second stimulus to deal with the rising unemployment rate. "I think it's too soon. It's premature to say, 'Is a second stimulus needed?' " she told David Gregory, the host of NBC's Meet the Press.

    But a moment later she said the White House was already looking at tax credits and other measures to further stimulate the economy. "There are a range of suggestions that are being considered right now by his economic team, and we'll see what we come forward with," she added.

    On its face, the two comments sounded like a contradiction. But at the White House, there is no confusion. More stimulus is coming, but it just won't be called stimulus. Economic advisers, in concert with senior Democrats in the House and Senate, are planning additional piecemeal benefit extensions, tax breaks and other spending that could eventually add up to as much as $100 billion, say some outside experts. "The fact is that this is a word game. It isn't a discussion of the 'second stimulus,' " says Jennifer Psaki, a White House spokeswoman. "This needs to be an ongoing discussion between the President and his economic team about new ideas and ways to get people back to work."


    /you know, because we haven't already racked up enough debt and there's not enough inflation in the pipeline yet

    ReplyDelete
  52. All I know is that the committee that gave the Prize to Al Gore should be referred to as "Nature's Nobelmen."

    ReplyDelete
  53. On its face, the two comments sounded like a contradiction. But at the White House, there is no confusion. More stimulus is coming, but it just won't be called stimulus.

    Taxes are also coming, but they won't be called taxes either.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Okay, okay, by popular demand...

    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/08/article-1033414-01E2D54800000578-956_468x790.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  55. Isn't it sad Spenser? Wait till I post some pictures I took yesterday. Was using my crappy point and shot, and also got to play witht the camera I will be getting shortly. A Nikon D200. I am going to need to get a bigger hard drive. :p

    /between two of us using the Nikon, over the span of two hours, we took over 500 pictures.
    //some great ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  56. KB - when history looks back on this administration, one of the glaring bits of chutzpah will be their "renaming" technique as if it is suddenly new and different. This isn't stimulus! Oh no! It is economic revival! This isn't terrorism! Oh no! Its man made disaster!

    Word games. Terrible consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thanks Realwest; I've replied as well.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Now that was one obscure reference, buzz.

    Good to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Taxes are also coming, but they won't be called taxes either.

    Up here they are called either "User Fees", or "Enhanced Services".

    /a tax by any other name...

    ReplyDelete
  60. Appeasement is also coming, but it will be called "smart, tough diplomacy".

    ReplyDelete
  61. Is Dowd schizoid? Or merely like most libs, lacking in core values?

    Havel reached out to touch a glass dish given to him by Obama, inscribed with the preamble to the U.S. Constitution. “It is only a minor compromise,” he said. “But exactly with these minor compromises start the big and dangerous ones, the real problems.”

    Our president would be well advised to listen. Havel is looking at this not only as a moral champion but as a playwright. Obama (who, as Robert Draper wrote, has read and reread Shakespeare’s tragedies) does not want his fatal flaw to be that he compromises so much that his ideals get blurred out of recognition.


    On this I can agree, except BHO reading Shakespeare, okay he's read him but like Marx and Lenin fails to understand....

    Then her last line.

    The president should remember, though, that when you’re cooking up a more perfect Union, sometimes you’ve got to break some eggs.

    The "More Prefect Union" is compromised and built on the recognition of the individuals rights and sovereignty. Breaking a few eggs is Stalinism, denial of everything to the individual in service of the state. Those two ideas are diametrically opposed. You cannot a have a more perfect union and break a few eggs to get it. You can wreak the union to have a Stalinist Utopia which is only a Utopia for those with a Dacha and Party Card.

    Morning C2ers!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hi Dealwest!

    I'm fine and the family is doing very well thanks. We closed up the cottage on the weekend and took a last walk on the beach. Lovely sunny day, but there was some frost on the ground in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Occasional Reader said...
    "The tyro American president got the Nobel for the mere anticipation that he would provide bold moral leadership for the world at the very moment he was caving to Chinese dictators. Awkward.
    Dang. Maureen Dowd wrote that?!"

    I was encouraged by that, too. Until she finished up with this;

    "The president should remember, though, that when you’re cooking up a more perfect Union, sometimes you’ve got to break some eggs."

    Now where have I heard before about breaking some eggs.....

    ReplyDelete
  64. JamesTKirk would have cast an Orion slave girl instead of Natalie Wood, and titled the film "Splendor, Like The Grass".

    ReplyDelete
  65. Obama will eventually "force" the Germans to re-absorb Austria and the Sudetenland.

    /he's THAT tough on foreign policy

    ReplyDelete
  66. Occasional Reader said...
    Now that was one obscure reference, buzz.


    Just trying to keep the bar raised.

    ReplyDelete
  67. And it's no wonder THAT crack is addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Now where have I heard before about breaking some eggs.....

    From Anita Dunn's *third* favorite political philosopher, perhaps?

    /

    ReplyDelete
  69. Morning JCM, everyone is in fine form this Monday morning. I guess the coffee was extra caffinated today.

    /speaking of which, I think it's time for another cup.

    ReplyDelete
  70. ArmyWife said...

    Word games. Terrible consequences.


    Overseas Contingency Operation

    /war by euphemism

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hey, OR, you see that picture of Adriana?

    Beautiful, isn't she?

    Oh, well.

    /

    ReplyDelete
  72. Good morning.

    The market is up about 0.75% at the moment. Oil and gold are also rising too.

    Condolences to Titans fans for the 59 - 0 shellacking by the Patriots yesterday in the snow.

    Just remember Pat's fans, what goes around comes around. I can't wait to see the Pat's get injured and have someone run up the score on them.

    ReplyDelete
  73. And unemployment over 10% is coming and it will be called "jobs saved or created" ..

    ReplyDelete
  74. The Titans are trying to revive their Oilers past.

    Bud Adams still owes me money.

    ReplyDelete
  75. midwestgak said...

    The campaign that wouldn't/couldn't/didn't end?

    Kosh's Shadow says -
    Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends -
    Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Barack Hussein Obama!!!


    There behind this glass
    is a real blade of grass
    Be careful as you pass

    ReplyDelete
  76. Morning 3W, that Vikings game was a squeaker ...

    ReplyDelete
  77. OldLineTexan said...
    Obama will eventually "force" the Germans to re-absorb Austria


    I don't see that happening. Why, the Germans don't even SPEAK Austrian!

    /smartest POTUS evah

    ReplyDelete
  78. Mark Levin's "primer" on conservatism, statism and the founding of our country is genius so far as I've read. Succinct, topical chapters reminding us of why most of us think the way we do. The chapter on Faith and the Founding shows clearly that, while David Barton (of Wallbuilders) is sloppy and over-reaches on some points, the other side of hyper-rationalism is even more incorrect. Our Founders were not merely men of The Enlightenment, but men of faith as well.

    ReplyDelete
  79. James T Kirk,

    You can blame Norway for sure. A small ethnically homogenous population, on a resource rich strip of land in northern Europe, protected by NATO, & so fabulously endowed with oil they can afford the false comfort of a bankrolled socialist paradise. Yet they feel qualified and entitled to lecture the rest of the world on the right way to achieve peace & economic security.

    ReplyDelete
  80. What is shocking to me is the spin that people are ok with no job - they have more time to spend with their family. My family, in particular, likes a roof over their head. How do they reconcile that in their pea brains?

    ReplyDelete
  81. Occasional Reader said...

    I don't see that happening. Why, the Germans don't even SPEAK Austrian!

    /smartest POTUS evah


    Why you racist bastard. Expect a phone call from Al Sharpton, and no football team for you!

    /

    ReplyDelete
  82. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22CGlF7l5MI

    ReplyDelete
  83. Armywife, no kidding. While I have enjoyed that ONE PART of being semi-employed for the last little while, starting next week when I'll be over-employed will be much better for my family in general.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Spenser (with an S)

    Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto

    The Best Book in a decade or two, probably since Goldwater's Conscience of a Conservative.

    ReplyDelete
  85. OR, what are those naughty girls thinking of doing to Ms. Lima?

    /lost in thoughts for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  86. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  87. and no football team for you!

    S'okay, I just wanted the cheerleaders anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  88. "Morning 3W, that Vikings game was a squeaker ..."

    The Vikings are both lucky and playing well right now. That field goal attempt at the last second was pulled or they would have lost. Favre should have been picked 2 or 3 times yesterday. But, credit goes to them for pulling the game out and hanging on.

    Bears stink again, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  89. S'okay, I just wanted the cheerleaders anyway.

    I like the way you think.

    ReplyDelete
  90. That's it, turn! YOU'RE BANNED!

    /kidding

    ReplyDelete
  91. "What is shocking to me is the spin that people are ok with no job - they have more time to spend with their family. My family, in particular, likes a roof over their head. How do they reconcile that in their pea brains?"

    It;s the media spinning to save their masters, the Democrats.

    Expect more attacks on Limbaugh, Palin, Beck, and FOX news as well.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Yeah, they got lucky .. that kicker should have made that. I bet he felt about this big _

    ReplyDelete
  93. OldLineTexan said...
    The Titans are trying to revive their Oilers past.


    Many, many moons ago the Oilers released a wide receiver, he was too small, too slow. The dominate safeties of the that era Oakland Raiders' Haynes and Hays said covering this receiver was like trying to cover smoke.

    This receiver owned the record books until Jerry Rice.

    Seattle Seahawk Steve Largent,

    ReplyDelete
  94. When I see these NFL cheerleaders, it's like the Crips vs. the Bloods! Only, they're all really hot chicks, and they're, like, spanking each other and having pillow fights and such.

    -what Rush *should* have said

    ReplyDelete
  95. My family, in particular, likes a roof over their head.

    New memo: Food and shelter are overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  96. OldLineTexan said...
    Obama will eventually "force" the Germans to re-absorb Austria and the Sudetenland.


    One of the things I love about German Paper Towels™ is their extra absorbency.

    ReplyDelete
  97. haha, I'll really be lost if I get banned from here.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Spenser - I'd like to have more time at home, too. But I don't know that I can reduce my bills to match the reduction in income just because I'd LIKE that to happen.It just isn't reality.

    ReplyDelete
  99. German Facial Tissue™ is good, too.

    "Ansch-luss!"

    Gesundheit!

    ReplyDelete
  100. "Yeah, they got lucky .. that kicker should have made that. I bet he felt about this big "


    Well these things have a way of breaking the other way at a real bad time. I remember back in the 90's the Bears had a season where they caught all the breaks and made it into the playoff's.

    However, the breaks went the other way and they got smoked in the 1st round and were a quick out.

    The Vikings are good, but they are not this good. Things will change for them.

    ReplyDelete
  101. OR: Don't forget German Toilet Paper™ for your next shitzkrieg.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Who needs a job with Free Obama Money?

    ReplyDelete
  103. 3 wood said...

    The Vikings are good, but they are not this good


    /next week will tell

    ReplyDelete
  104. BUZZ! You made me wake up the chihuahuas laughing! They aren't amused.

    ReplyDelete
  105. My Bears do not stink. So what if they turned it over, turned it ov er, turned it o v e r?

    ReplyDelete
  106. Not really a vikings fan but I'm routing for Favre because he's defying the odds. It would be cool if he made it into the playoffs against GB, that would be another Ice Bowl type game for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Who needs a job with Free Obama Money?


    mmmm mmmm mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  108. I hope Free Obama Money™ is equal too, or greater than, my Hard Earned ArmyWife Money™.

    ReplyDelete
  109. I remember Jim finks, the Bears GM in the late 70's and early 80's saying on an interview something about sports that I truly believe. Over time, regardless of the sport, you win about 1/3rd of the games no matter what you do, you lose about 1/3 of the games no matter what you do, but it's the middle 1/3rd that make the difference and show your talent level.

    Those odds will catch up to the Vikings. The Vikings will lose about 5 games.

    ReplyDelete
  110. Free Obama Money
    Just remember, you get what you pay for.

    ReplyDelete
  111. These paper puns are truly providing reams of laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  112. Kosh's Shadow said...

    Just remember, you get what you pay for.


    IF you're lucky.

    /corollary

    ReplyDelete
  113. Hey, promising time travel to women in order to get their clothes off WORKS.

    Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  114. Hey, promising time travel to women in order to get their clothes off WORKS.

    Throw a little medical marijuana in, and you're GOLD !

    ReplyDelete
  115. Naked time travel gets rather unpleasant when you wind up in the Ice Age.

    ReplyDelete
  116. Naked time travel gets rather unpleasant when you wind up in the Ice Age.

    There's always a sexy and open-minded cavewoman looking for company.

    ReplyDelete
  117. Just hope you find the open-minded cave woman before the very hungry cave bear.

    ReplyDelete
  118. Come to think of it, the "you have to be naked to travel through time" idea appeared in the first two Terminator movies, and then was tossed aside in the third with no explanation, wasn't it?

    (Also, in the first, only living organic matter could pass through... in the second, a liquid-metal terminator, no problem!)

    ReplyDelete
  119. LOL

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gducgTcJMMU

    ReplyDelete
  120. What about a wool sweater. Organic material and helps with frost bite in the non-mentionable areas.

    ReplyDelete
  121. JTK, do they look surprised when you tell them what you really meant by "secret access to a wormhole"?

    /sorry

    ReplyDelete
  122. JamesTKirk said...
    Naked time travel gets rather unpleasant when you wind up in the Ice Age.

    There's always a sexy and open-minded cavewoman looking for company.


    The key is finding her before the "shrinkage" issue invites derisive laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  123. Come to think of it, the "you have to be naked to travel through time" idea appeared in the first two Terminator movies, and then was tossed aside in the third with no explanation, wasn't it?

    No, they were still nude in T3.

    ReplyDelete
  124. Also, in the first, only living organic matter could pass through...

    Once you stripped away the meat covering, the Terminator's metal skeleton was far from "living" and "organic".

    ReplyDelete
  125. Howdy kids.

    It would probably never occur to Maureen Dowd that there is a connection between Obama's ejecting "human rights" for political expediency and the branding of Fox News as the enemy.

    One cheer to some of the folks at CNN for criticizing the White House on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  126. I've seen too many naked Germans on beaches in Greece, who really, really, did not need to be naked. /shudder

    ReplyDelete
  127. cheer.

    That's all I could muster.

    ReplyDelete
  128. Once you stripped away the meat covering, the Terminator's metal skeleton was far from "living" and "organic".

    Indeed, which made for a poor explanation of why he couldn't bring advanced weaponry back in time with him (and again, that "rule" was tossed aside by the third movie). But I guess it would be a mistake to over-analyze the "Terminator" movies, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  129. That's the problem with nude beaches - no quality control.

    ReplyDelete
  130. White House advisers don’t seem worried yet that Obama’s transformational aura could get smudged if too much is fudged.

    Cute phrasing Maureen -- of course the problem is that the aura, like the halos in his press photos, was a carefully scripted lie. The Smudge is Fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  131. Lucius Septimius said...

    It would probably never occur to Maureen Dowd that there is a connection between Obama's ejecting "human rights" for political expediency and the branding of Fox News as the enemy.


    /um, what does that have to do with naked time travel?

    ReplyDelete
  132. OR, were they fat German businessmen forming pyramids and frightening children and barging in the queues..
    And if you're not at your table spot on 7, you miss the bowl of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup; the first item on the menu of international cuisine.

    ReplyDelete
  133. Indeed, which made for a poor explanation of why he couldn't bring advanced weaponry back in time with him

    He just would have had to stick it inside his "meat covering" ... "somewhere".

    ReplyDelete
  134. eck with the overseas beaches, I've seen regular old American beaches where visual crimes against humanity have been committed.

    There should be no bail for some atrocities.

    ReplyDelete
  135. Iz dat ein Panzerfaust in deine pantsen, oder du just glad to zee mich?

    /

    ReplyDelete
  136. He just would have had to stick it inside his "meat covering" ... "somewhere".

    The Terminator need al-Q to teach him how to make a "butt bomb"!

    ReplyDelete
  137. Killian -- naked time travel is a universal human right, and the President should be doing all that is possible to make sure we all have access to the highest quality time travel so we can boink with reckless abandon the eager (and hopefully easily impressed) hussies of the past and the future.

    ReplyDelete
  138. "Terminator" movies hold more connection to reality for me than Maureen Dowd.

    I'm sure she's done something in her past that justifies me never taking anything she ever says into account ever again.

    /unless I want to

    /but you can't

    ReplyDelete
  139. Kosh, the first time I went to a topless beach was in northern Spain. Fat German hausfraus everywhere... not good. Then, suddenly, this spectacular Spanish girl, twenty-something, tall, tanned, FIRM, strolls up from the waterline... it was like Boticelli's Venus, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  140. Add another "t" to "Boticelli", please.

    ReplyDelete
  141. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvrdmQh2isA

    ReplyDelete
  142. am I the only girl on board right now? I will tell you, things were where they were supposed to be until Mr. AW got me pregnant twice. I blame him.

    ReplyDelete
  143. Lucius Septimius said...
    Killian -- naked time travel is a universal human right, and the President should be doing all that is possible to make sure we all have access to the highest quality time travel so we can boink with reckless abandon the eager (and hopefully easily impressed) hussies of the past and the future.


    I thought the hussies of the past had no eyes for anyone but hussars.

    ReplyDelete
  144. highest quality time travel so we can boink with reckless abandon the eager (and hopefully easily impressed) hussies of the past and the future.

    It doesn't work that easily.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nda2cdOIhY

    ReplyDelete
  145. So, how's that whole Peace Prize thing working out?

    Iran threatens Britain and U.S. after Guard bombing


    TEHRAN (Reuters) – The head of Iran's Revolutionary Guards on Monday vowed to "retaliate" against the United States and Britain after accusing them of backing the perpetrators of a suicide bombing that killed six Guards commanders.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091019/ts_nm/us_iran_guards_attack

    ReplyDelete
  146. Occasional Reader said...
    Kosh, the first time I went to a topless beach was in northern Spain. Fat German hausfraus everywhere... not good. Then, suddenly, this spectacular Spanish girl, twenty-something, tall, tanned, FIRM, strolls up from the waterline... it was like Boticelli's Venus, amazing.


    You should have invited her out for a hot bird and cold Boticelli.

    ReplyDelete
  147. AW, I'm sure you are as beautiful as my wife is after children. Not just to Mr. AW, but in reality also.

    ReplyDelete
  148. "Fat German hausfraus"?

    Impossible!

    Only USAmericans are fat!

    ReplyDelete
  149. I concur with Spenser, and that's without using my green skin filter, too.

    ReplyDelete
  150. Occasional Reader said...
    So, how's that whole Peace Prize thing working out?


    Eggs must be broken, peas must be whirled to form a more perfect union.

    ReplyDelete
  151. Good morning. I see the world is still going to Hell in a hand basket, but in the immortal words of Bob Weir, "At least I'm enjoying the ride."

    How is everyone today?

    ReplyDelete
  152. OldLineTexan said...
    "Fat German hausfraus"?

    Impossible!

    Only USAmericans are fat!


    Ha!

    The thing is, they are fat in kilos, which is cool and decimal, whereas Americans are fat in pounds, which are nowhere near as sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  153. You should have invited her out for a hot bird and cold Boticelli.

    Hey, I'm your giotto-guy for tips on picking up hot birds at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  154. Buzz -- lol!

    Speaking of fatty meat coverings, time for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  155. And the British are fat in stones.

    ReplyDelete
  156. I love how the White House fights the War on Fox News more aggressively than the War on Terror.

    ReplyDelete
  157. Hey, I'm your giotto-guy for tips on picking up hot birds at the beach.


    Hey -- Donatello him all your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  158. "Commissioner Gordo, we need women! What are we to do?"

    "Send up the Bat-icelli Signal!"

    ReplyDelete
  159. tfc3rid: I love how the White House fights the War on Fox News more aggressively than the War on Terror.

    Fox News is obviously a bigger threat to them.

    ReplyDelete
  160. Hmmm, a few conversions here. 220 pounds is 100 kilos or 15.7 stone. I see what they are going for here. Each different system makes you sound like you way less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  161. YOYOYO!!!

    Fellow banneeesss!

    It is I, TypicalWhitey!!

    ReplyDelete
  162. This White House fights anything that reminds them of what America should stand for harder than any thing else. It is all they know to do. It is their "normal"

    ReplyDelete
  163. Ha!

    The thing is, they are fat in kilos, which is cool and decimal, whereas Americans are fat in pounds, which are nowhere near as sophisticated.


    To say nothing of weight in "stones."

    ReplyDelete
  164. Welcome to the free blog armyaunt. I am sure you have heard of the main rule here? What is past is past, and shall not be discussed. Our feet point forward so that is the way we look. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  165. On the Slimfast Euro-Weanie Diet, I went from 250 pounds to 150 Kilos in just three weeks!

    Thanks, Euro-Weanie Diet!

    ReplyDelete
  166. To say nothing of weight in "stones."

    Or the weight while stoned. All those Cheetos add up.

    ReplyDelete
  167. Is the Italian Renaissance Painting pun thread already over, or should I keep in-sistine?

    ReplyDelete
  168. Hey it's another TypicalWhitey! Welcome home

    ReplyDelete
  169. BSM, not only that ...

    Pounds are weight, which is dependent on gravity.

    Kilos are merely mass with no gravitational component.

    Ergo and QED, Europeans float.

    ReplyDelete
  170. Howdy Armyaunt. Leave your old nic in the closet and come out and play. Welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete
  171. JTK - Cheetos? Ha!

    Cheese puffs are worse. Much, much, much worse.

    My mutt picked one up a kid had dropped. I swear to you she plumped up before my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  172. Or keep it but still come out and play. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  173. Kilos are merely mass

    I've had enough of your anti-Catholic bigotry, OLT.

    /

    ReplyDelete
  174. Dianna said...
    To say nothing of weight in "stones."


    Takes me back to when I was a kiddie in the sceptre'd Isle, and we were learning weights and measures by rote, chanting:

    Sixteen ounces makes one pound,
    Fourteen pounds makes one stone,
    Eight stone makes one hundredweight, and
    Twenty hundredweight makes one ton.


    Ah, memories.

    ReplyDelete
  175. Welcome to the free blog armyaunt. I am sure you have heard of the main rule here? What is past is past, and shall not be discussed. Our feet point forward so that is the way we look. ;)


    What?

    ReplyDelete
  176. Welcome, TypicalWhitey! Welcom to our humble online home.

    Please take a moment to peruse our posting policies.

    Our rules are few, but very important.

    And again, welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  177. Hey AA, TW! Welcome. You posted (somewhere) quite a bit around election time, no? Good to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  178. TW -

    Read the rules below "Post A Comment". The rest is cool, welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  179. The question is, are "Cheetos" so named because of their cheese flavor, or because it's what people cheat on their diets with?

    ReplyDelete