Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hot Topic of the Day: Obama's Afghanistan Problem


Richard Cohen/WaPo: Does Obama Have the Backbone?


But the ultimate in realism is for the president to gauge himself and who he is: Does he have the stomach and commitment for what is likely to continue to be an unpopular war? Will he send additional troops, but hedge by not sending enough -- so that the dying will be in vain? What does he believe, and will he ask Americans to die for it? Only he knows the answers to these questions. But based on his zigzagging so far and the suggestion from the Copenhagen trip that the somber seriousness of the presidency has yet to sink in, we have reason to wonder.

38 comments:

  1. Blah ... please don't associate me with Wee Wee Won ... how about he is hopscotching in the ghey fashion ... as he is known to do ...

    ***But based on his zigzagging so far and the suggestion from the Copenhagen trip that the somber seriousness of the presidency has yet to sink in, we have reason to wonder.***

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...when's the Baucus (allus) ObamaCare® turdette due to plop on the floor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The man is simply clueless and playing a dangerous game - of which he doesn't understand or comprehend the danger involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I predict his RCP approval rating will be well below 50% by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously - the guy is screwing up Econ for Idiots (they administration was the ONLY group who thought Cash For Clunkers would actually do anything positive and do you think the negative consequences oh so obvious to everyone with 1/2 a brain crossed their minds?).

    Not only that, but did they think they were so clever their white coat stunt would go unnoticed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Rahm, or Valerie, doesn't have the cojones to tell the man he is royally f-ing up, let me do the honors. I have no issues telling him (politely, of course) that he is on a death spiral that makes Carter look like a mastermind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Test? ... dang I did not study ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Evening, All.

    You would think he would need a backbone to support that ego...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm having problems signing on with my wordpress info.

    Halp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loppyd .. Hey! ... do you have a google email? ... that seems easier to get in with ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi zigzag!

    I do have a google email and that is what I am using, but I'd rather sign on with my wordpress ID...

    ReplyDelete
  12. loppyd ... is that your avatar Boston? ... was that with your wordpress? ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ZigZag,

    It is another google ID. When I first started my blog I tried google blogger, but found that I prefer Wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. loppyd ... sorry I don't know anything about wordpress ... but maybe the management here can help ... RunningBare? ... you awake? ..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks zigzag...I'll check back to see of the sleeping bear awakens.

    In the meantime, dinner.

    BBL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear God the world is coming to an end but as that short vid tells/explains, you can help...er sumthin.

    Guess I was being rhetorical above.

    ReplyDelete
  17. loppyd is in the house. Good to (virtually) see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. enuff ... what's he trying to do ... be like Beck? ... and how many viewers does Olberjerk have anyway? ... drooler ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Truck Monkey ... did not see you come in ... hope you have had a great day ... raining and very overcast here all day ... blah ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am sick so I stayed home and drank caffeinated beverages all day. My wife had to flee at a certain point. I am going to work tomorrow if it's the last thing I do. I didn't/don't know what to do with myself when I am not working during the weekdays.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Truck Monkey ... what do you have? ... the flu? ...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Twins take the lead in the 7th.

    /crowd goes wild

    ReplyDelete
  23. Zig. I don't know. Had a fever yesterday and this morning. Now it just feels like a sinus infection. There is some serious crap going on in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Zombie does it again!

    [Note: Kevin Jennings is the current "Safe Schools Czar" for the Obama administration.]

    Mr. Jennings —

    Please read my plea. Your shining career may soon be tarnished. You’re about to be blindsided. And I’d like to help you save your reputation.

    You’ve done many admirable things which earned you your position as the Safe Schools Czar. You founded GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, a support group for teens. You have been a champion against discrimination in schools. And you’ve brought nationwide attention to the problem of bullying against students. All of these are worthy of praise, and I support your efforts in these areas.

    But all that is about to be swept away by a scandal of your own making. Yet there’s hope: Because the scandal has not yet become national news, you still have a chance to stop it from spreading, and in the process safeguard your political career.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey, gang. My husband just sent me a cell phone picture of an anti-Ahmadinejad demonstration at Lenox Square (a mall) in Atlanta. It looks like no more than a dozen people, but it's very unusual. I'll see if I can track down any news stories about it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Red Eye Resurgence: More Demo Viewers Watch Fox At 3am Than CNN at 8pm

    Red Eye averaged 432,000 total viewers and 202,000 in the demo. Let’s deal with the demo first – CNN’s 8pmET show, hosted by Campbell Brown, averaged 191,000 in the demo. Let’s just let that one sink in – Fox News had more people in the all important A25-54 demographic watching their channel at three in the morning (east coast time) than CNN had for the show that leads off their prime time. This says as much about Fox News as it does about CNN. Wow.

    /that's gotta hurrt

    ReplyDelete
  27. zig...damned straight he's doing the Beck. Our lovely Admin requires at least two contentious issues to come to the forefront of the public/legislative eye to 'deal' in buh-buh- bipartisan manner.

    ReplyDelete
  28. KB, Greg Gutfeld is hilarious, Campbel Brown not so much. lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. snowcrash ... Campbell Brown? cannot.stand.her. .... isn't she the one that was sleeping with the Saudi Prince? ...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Zig I don't know too much about her. I did not like her smirky faced punditry during the election debates. Greg Gutfeld has a smirky face too, but its the kind I like!

    ReplyDelete
  31. snowcrash ... yeah she is the one ...

    Adel al-Jubeir ... there are stories in the news about her ... old news ... just another slobbering under the desk b*tch for Obama ...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Danger...dandger...danger...(blinking low battery light):

    ---Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said that both Democrats and Republicans told the president, basically, "Whatever decision you make, we'll support it."---

    ReplyDelete
  33. Bar's open upstairs------------->

    ReplyDelete
  34. My comments didn't seem to be posting on the thread upstairs. Weird.

    ReplyDelete