Okay, \I bought my latest computer right before Vista was released so it came with XP installed and I got a coupon for Vista, which I redeemed but never installed. This morning I decided I'd install Vista so I could upgrade to Windows 7. I boot up the "Upgrade Assistant" disc. On the first screen it does a hardware compatibility check. Everything's cool except . . . wait for it . . .
"Windows XP is not Windows Vista Capable", end of UPGRADE installation.
WELL, LIKE DUH, NO [EXPLETIVE DELETED] [EXPLETIVE DELETED] SHERLOCK!
Not helpful.
/oh well, probably saved me from doing something I'd regret anyway, XP works fine, I guess I'll just wait until I buy a new box to upgrade the OS
Let's all make a pledge to at least send one email ... one fax ... one phone call ... to our congress people to stop this crap ... we can do it ... we are not just blog people we are THE PEOPLE ... just cuz the media says Obama is The Wee Wee Won .. we know better ...
So, to give my rare cheer of support for an Obama initiative... and one that might get some tomatoes thrown at me here, but what the hell. I hope he does go through with his (new and improved) pledge to scrap ¨don´t ask, don´t tell¨, so that gays can serve openly in the military. Anybody volunteering to defend our country should be encouraged to do so.
I saw something scary up here. Taliban Jack (ndp) has a commercial out painting him as the reasonable one keeping us away from an election. Terrifying thing is that most sheeple would probably believe it.
OR .. I could not care less what happens about DADT ... it will get sort out with the people who actually serve together ... I only at this moment care that he does not leave the guys/gals in Afghan to suffer without the manpower they need ... either give them what they need or get the hell out of there ...
OR: Jack Layton, a leader of one of our federal parties. He suggested negotiating with the Taliban about 3-4 years ago. Since then most people on the right call him Taliban Jack. The guy is left of Obama...
Killian ... Vista is what pushed me over the edge to Macs .. Vista crashed my computer on a regular basis ... now I only use Macs at my home office but my farm office is still PC ... but I wish I could convince my staff to change ...
I only at this moment care that he does not leave the guys/gals in Afghan to suffer without the manpower they need
You mean you're not terribly impressed with the announced "we'll do what needs to be done to... keep the Taliban sorta kinda at bay, as long as we don't have to try WINNING or anything like that" policy?
PalPhil .. who is left of Obama? .. Obama hides it well but he is what he is ... anyone who is in any way familiar with party politics of the dems knows where Obama stands ... it is just people who do not really know the party history and the real politics of the left of the dems who "think" he is not really leftist ... and that is why my head swirls when I read people who have recently been saying they support Obama because they do not really understand democrat party inside the party .. it makes me laugh ... especially when I have asked some people where they get their ideas ... and they have never even been to a party meeting .. hahahahah ... fools and I know they know who they are ..
Daughter's new boyfriend has (finally!)left. He stayed for the Thanksgiving weekend. Separate bed rooms of course. I was awake to hear some tip-toeing in the hall last night. My sudden appearance in camo pajamas clutching a wrench seemed to fix that problem. The suspect, er boyfriend, did manage to use proper table manners and had the good sense, or more likely, helpful coaching, to praise his girlfriend's mother's cooking.
Verdict: I won't have to injure him. Badly. Yet. Remains under surveillance.
It's a funny experience, let me tell you. No young man is really good enough, although he could have been much, much worse. He might not even be all that bad... but my daughter still needs protecting. Except she doesn't. She's she's smart and sensible and good and growing up fast.
Kenneth, I am enjoying your updates so much. You must keep us informed as this develops. I divorced when my daughter was ten so I had to be as best I could both Mom and Dad for her (and her potential suitors). She is 21 now and we laugh when we look back but believe me, I can so relate to what you've been telling us. I know there were days when her boyfriends wished there was a man in my home to keep me from going off on them. LOL!!
Via Tom Maguire: Thomas Friedman [!] wants 0bama to accept his Peace Prize on behalf of US soldiers, sailors, and airmen since WW II. Blackfive endorses the idea.
I really like it, but can't imagine Narcissus Rex doing such a thing.
And sorry if somebody else already posted this, but now even the BBC [!] wonders where Glowbull Worming has been mislaid since 1998 (via Ann Althouse):
As some readers will know, Ezra Levant and I testified at the House of Commons in Ottawa a few days ago on Canada's Section 13, the "corrupted and diseased" (my words) legislation that licenses government apparatchiks to police the opinions of the citizenry. You can watch our encounter with Members of Parliament here.
Why is this relevant to Americans? Because the superficial fluffily benign language of multiculturalism that comes so naturally to our rulers provides a lot of cover for the shriveling of free speech: See, for instance, what the Administration and its chums in Cairo (that bastion of liberty) have recently been up to at the disgusting UN Human Rights Council. The indefatigable Anne Bayefsky is one of the few journalists even following this story. But I was struck by something Dennis Miller said to me on the radio the other day:
I think if Obama had the chance to put something like Canada's Human Rights Commissions down here, he'd do it tomorrow.
As Canadians have discovered, liberty is lost very quietly and quickly. And trying to get it back is slow and painful - particularly at a time when artists, universities, publishers and others who congratulate themselves incessantly on their truth-telling courage find increasingly pre-emptive self-censorship the better part of valor.
The Europe of 2020 will have considerably less freedom of expression than today. American exceptionalism is going to have to be exceptionally exceptional to hold out against that trend.
I'm fighting with my computer. I think it's winning. I use Firefox exclusively but a few of my bill-pay sites just won't function properly with firefox so I have to open explorer.
The problem, Pi Guy, is that I've hit that stage (especially with AllThingsElectronic) where I just want things to WORK without always changing ...and it seems like as soon as I get used to one thing I am forced to change it. I resist this for some reason. ;-)
It doesn't matter why this behavior is occurring, really. What one has to take away from this message, naturally not attributed to anyone at the WH -- cowards -- is that bloggers are messing up their playbooks. And the answer is to diminish what influence we have -- it's limited at best. You have to ask why is this paranoid, juvenile message getting tossed out there. All those big brains in the White House and the best they can do is to bring up the hoary pajama game? ..... So which Barack Obama is it -- the one who said to challenge him, or a fragile flower that panders to LGBTs then has a coward source backstab? To me the WH has just declared war on us after a wine and dine with the right kind of LGBTs that don't make trouble for them. Someone has to answer to this.
Or do I just need to fold my hands in my pajama-clad, Cheetos-stained lap like a good homo?
Sorry about that, Pi Guy, I should have added that in. He's one of the sleazy ones, too, going to do his best to set Louisiana back to he good-old-boy days that Jindal's done well to begin putting behind us. Now if we could get Landrieu out also.
(You're right about the local websites ...be hard pressed to find anyone here in the dark about Melancon being a Dem.)
@Pink OK, I should have read upthread. My connection just came back
Re: Melancon: I expect a number of Dems to distance themselves from Elmer Hussein Gantry Jr. once the elections approach and they see their chairs threatened...
Beck is a showman. The reason the left is so hellbent on discrediting him is because he is reaching a segment of the population that has previously not been involved in politics. His work on exposing these "czars" is with merit. He's not all nuts, just a wee bit. ;-)
Mr. Murdoch, may we introduce you to the robots.txt file? It's guaranteed to stop Google from using your content.
Pink Freud said... Beck is a showman. The reason the left is so hellbent on discrediting him is because he is reaching a segment of the population that has previously not been involved in politics. His work on exposing these "czars" is with merit. He's not all nuts, just a wee bit. ;-)
@CC: Yeah, I've been following Jonah's writings on "National Review" since getting MBR.
I thought the title of his book "Liberal fascism" was unnecessarily provocative, but the book was very well worth reading. The title for sure didn't hurt sales ;-)
CC, the Goldberg article is a good one. Here's a piece:
Still, much of the anti-Beck backlash (He's an extremist! He's paranoid! He's hate-filled!) from the left is hard to take seriously. First, this is a crowd that lets Michael Moore and Janeane Garofalo speak for them, and that celebrated the election of unfunny man Al Franken to the Senate.
He makes the point that the darling of the left, Jon Stewart, is quite acceptable -- while doing virtually the same thing Beck does -- but *that's different* somehow ....right.
CC, I'm not completely up-to-date on the new site ....will we have an area where users will be able to contribute news links ...sort of like a link dump?
You know, he programmed (or planned to program) that into the first version and said it was very easy to do - not sure if it made it into this re-write or not.
I think he forgot about it, but I'll remind him. We are so ridiculously close, I almost hate to bring something new up...and if he hadn't said it was so simple, I probably wouldn't. LOL
By the way, the Gravatar thing turned out to be unnecessary (we were looking at it to speed things up but we don't have to now), and everyone should be thinking of some clever taglines. Mine is: "I bring nothing to the table." : )
Beck's got a lot of issues. Too many bad ones. It's a shame because it means he automatically gets discredited on the chance that he's correct once in a while.
Correspondence Committee said... You know, he programmed (or planned to program) that into the first version and said it was very easy to do - not sure if it made it into this re-write or not.
I think he forgot about it, but I'll remind him. We are so ridiculously close, I almost hate to bring something new up...and if he hadn't said it was so simple, I probably wouldn't. LOL
Speaking as a programmer, I hate that!
I released my Verbatim program, and found that it wouldn't read it's own files from other domains!
Oops!
So, I let people copy it onto their domains to use with their files. I'm still looking for an effective way to read the files.
Beck's got a lot of issues. Too many bad ones. It's a shame because it means he automatically gets discredited on the chance that he's correct once in a while.
Jack, I like you and all, but you're wrong here. If he was discredited his ratings wouldn't have jumped 136%. The 'agents of the left' would love for you to believe he is discredited, but it's simply not true.
I meant by the people on the left. Then again, they don't matter much to me. I don't like Beck's style, that's why I don't watch him. But when I agree with him, I'm not ashamed to say so.
Pi Guy, I thought you were going to say you hate Feature Creep! : )
F2, I don't know how long they can be, but I have a really long one I wanted to use and I think he made it fit. I would guess 60 or 80 - but I'd have to go look to be sure.
I don't really know what issues Beck has been wrong about, myself (not saying there aren't any, only that I don't know what they are) - I just am not drawn to his dramatic radio thing...it's just creepy that early in the morning. : )
But it's like so many things. The left tells us what Rush Limbaugh is all about, but I LISTEN to Rush, so I know they're lying - and so many people just BELIEVE it.
I don't care for Rush either. His cadence i pretty annoying to listen to. I like Levin the most. I used to also really enjoy Larry Elder but he's since retired/stopped.
Oh, it is SO GOOD. A very easy read (not in the children's book sense : ) - but it's just so interesting, it grabs your attention and holds it - really). You'd love it, I'll bet.
Cool, Jack - that's where I first read about that woman in Oregon, Barbara something (Wagner, maybe?) - the cancer patient who couldn't get her state insurance to buy her life-prolonging drugs, but they offered to give her assisted suicide. Just a horrifying story.
Very eye-opening book. Good to hear you've got it. (I've got a bunch of books I've done that very same thing with.)
I ain't finished drinking yet!!!! ...
ReplyDeleteI guess I'll have to repeat this here
ReplyDeleteLet's talk dirty to the animals
That's good zigzagging, I will keep you company for a bit before my Nyquil kicks in.
ReplyDeleteOkay, \I bought my latest computer right before Vista was released so it came with XP installed and I got a coupon for Vista, which I redeemed but never installed. This morning I decided I'd install Vista so I could upgrade to Windows 7. I boot up the "Upgrade Assistant" disc. On the first screen it does a hardware compatibility check. Everything's cool except . . . wait for it . . .
ReplyDelete"Windows XP is not Windows Vista Capable", end of UPGRADE installation.
WELL, LIKE DUH, NO [EXPLETIVE DELETED] [EXPLETIVE DELETED] SHERLOCK!
Not helpful.
/oh well, probably saved me from doing something I'd regret anyway, XP works fine, I guess I'll just wait until I buy a new box to upgrade the OS
Time to call it a night.
ReplyDeleteNight Johnboy
Sober up? Wimps!
ReplyDeleteThanks PalPhil ...
ReplyDeleteHere is a good Allman Brothers song ...
Ain't Wasting No More Time
Let's all make a pledge to at least send one email ... one fax ... one phone call ... to our congress people to stop this crap ... we can do it ... we are not just blog people we are THE PEOPLE ... just cuz the media says Obama is The Wee Wee Won .. we know better ...
So, to give my rare cheer of support for an Obama initiative... and one that might get some tomatoes thrown at me here, but what the hell. I hope he does go through with his (new and improved) pledge to scrap ¨don´t ask, don´t tell¨, so that gays can serve openly in the military. Anybody volunteering to defend our country should be encouraged to do so.
ReplyDeleteI saw something scary up here. Taliban Jack (ndp) has a commercial out painting him as the reasonable one keeping us away from an election. Terrifying thing is that most sheeple would probably believe it.
ReplyDeleteTaliban Jack... he´s a real cool cat, and he lives on top of Manhattan Chase?
ReplyDeleteOR .. I could not care less what happens about DADT ... it will get sort out with the people who actually serve together ... I only at this moment care that he does not leave the guys/gals in Afghan to suffer without the manpower they need ... either give them what they need or get the hell out of there ...
ReplyDeleteOR: Jack Layton, a leader of one of our federal parties. He suggested negotiating with the Taliban about 3-4 years ago. Since then most people on the right call him Taliban Jack. The guy is left of Obama...
ReplyDeleteKillian ... Vista is what pushed me over the edge to Macs .. Vista crashed my computer on a regular basis ... now I only use Macs at my home office but my farm office is still PC ... but I wish I could convince my staff to change ...
ReplyDeletePhil, I know who he is, was just riffing on a David Bowie lyric.
ReplyDeletezig--
ReplyDeleteI only at this moment care that he does not leave the guys/gals in Afghan to suffer without the manpower they need
You mean you're not terribly impressed with the announced "we'll do what needs to be done to... keep the Taliban sorta kinda at bay, as long as we don't have to try WINNING or anything like that" policy?
/
Signing off, from the Land Down Under. No, not THAT one, the other one. Good night.
ReplyDeletePalPhil .. who is left of Obama? .. Obama hides it well but he is what he is ... anyone who is in any way familiar with party politics of the dems knows where Obama stands ... it is just people who do not really know the party history and the real politics of the left of the dems who "think" he is not really leftist ... and that is why my head swirls when I read people who have recently been saying they support Obama because they do not really understand democrat party inside the party .. it makes me laugh ... especially when I have asked some people where they get their ideas ... and they have never even been to a party meeting .. hahahahah ... fools and I know they know who they are ..
ReplyDeleteNight OR, enjoy your trip if you can.
ReplyDeleteGood Night OR .. enjoy your trip ...
ReplyDeleteOkay, Nyquil is kicking in so I am off to bed. See you folks on the morrow. Weet dreams all.
ReplyDeleteGood Night ya'll .. keep up the good fight .. it ain't over yet ...
ReplyDeleteone of my mother's favorite song .. love ya'll ...
To Be Free From Every ... Going Home ...
Hope everyone has a great week .. work is hard but good ... sweet dreams ... keep the faith ...
Hey Phil,
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing my ass off at Taliban Jack's message:
"I'm a loser, but at least I know it, so don't vote for me for now."
That's leadership!
Sober up thread? I didn't start drinking yet....whips out flask.
ReplyDeleteGoodnight everyone
ReplyDeleteAfter Action Report
ReplyDeleteDaughter's new boyfriend has (finally!)left. He stayed for the Thanksgiving weekend. Separate bed rooms of course. I was awake to hear some tip-toeing in the hall last night. My sudden appearance in camo pajamas clutching a wrench seemed to fix that problem. The suspect, er boyfriend, did manage to use proper table manners and had the good sense, or more likely, helpful coaching, to praise his girlfriend's mother's cooking.
Verdict: I won't have to injure him.
Badly. Yet.
Remains under surveillance.
Sweet dreams sb5k.
ReplyDeleteLOL Kenneth, you sound just like my husband was when our daughter was younger.
ReplyDeleteIt's a funny experience, let me tell you. No young man is really good enough, although he could have been much, much worse. He might not even be all that bad... but my daughter still needs protecting. Except she doesn't. She's she's smart and sensible and good and growing up fast.
ReplyDeleteHarrumph. I better head to bed.
Night all.
Kenneth, I am enjoying your updates so much. You must keep us informed as this develops. I divorced when my daughter was ten so I had to be as best I could both Mom and Dad for her (and her potential suitors). She is 21 now and we laugh when we look back but believe me, I can so relate to what you've been telling us. I know there were days when her boyfriends wished there was a man in my home to keep me from going off on them. LOL!!
ReplyDelete<---Mama Bear
Sweet dreams, Kenneth. Sounds like you have a lovely daughter there.
ReplyDeleteWhat the hell is going on here?
ReplyDeleteVia Tom Maguire: Thomas Friedman [!] wants 0bama to accept his Peace Prize on behalf of US soldiers, sailors, and airmen since WW II. Blackfive endorses the idea.
ReplyDeleteI really like it, but can't imagine Narcissus Rex doing such a thing.
Hi Sage, FF.
ReplyDeleteKind of quiet, Sage ...what's going on with you?
And sorry if somebody else already posted this, but now even the BBC [!] wonders where Glowbull Worming has been mislaid since 1998 (via Ann Althouse):
ReplyDeleteLinky
BTW, Ann A. also blames the Al Gore Effect for the unseasonably cold weather in her hometown during his visit.
ReplyDelete@Pink, Kenneth: amusing daughter stories :-)
ReplyDeleteMoe Lane to unhappy "gay" advocates: What are you gonna do about it, vote Republican? (via Instapundit)
ReplyDeleteWow...F2, that's a hell of an attitude for them to have.
ReplyDeleteThe Withering of Free Speech
ReplyDeleteAs some readers will know, Ezra Levant and I testified at the House of Commons in Ottawa a few days ago on Canada's Section 13, the "corrupted and diseased" (my words) legislation that licenses government apparatchiks to police the opinions of the citizenry. You can watch our encounter with Members of Parliament here.
Why is this relevant to Americans? Because the superficial fluffily benign language of multiculturalism that comes so naturally to our rulers provides a lot of cover for the shriveling of free speech: See, for instance, what the Administration and its chums in Cairo (that bastion of liberty) have recently been up to at the disgusting UN Human Rights Council. The indefatigable Anne Bayefsky is one of the few journalists even following this story. But I was struck by something Dennis Miller said to me on the radio the other day:
I think if Obama had the chance to put something like Canada's Human Rights Commissions down here, he'd do it tomorrow.
As Canadians have discovered, liberty is lost very quietly and quickly. And trying to get it back is slow and painful - particularly at a time when artists, universities, publishers and others who congratulate themselves incessantly on their truth-telling courage find increasingly pre-emptive self-censorship the better part of valor.
The Europe of 2020 will have considerably less freedom of expression than today. American exceptionalism is going to have to be exceptionally exceptional to hold out against that trend.
(Article contains relevant links)
Hello lurking lurkers.
ReplyDelete/anybody here?
I'm here!
ReplyDeleteAwright Pi Guy! Goodmorning!
ReplyDeleteI'm fighting with my computer. I think it's winning. I use Firefox exclusively but a few of my bill-pay sites just won't function properly with firefox so I have to open explorer.
ReplyDelete/and that's when the fight started :-)
Good morning!
ReplyDeleteEver try Safari 4? I've had good luck with it.
The problem, Pi Guy, is that I've hit that stage (especially with AllThingsElectronic) where I just want things to WORK without always changing ...and it seems like as soon as I get used to one thing I am forced to change it. I resist this for some reason. ;-)
ReplyDelete/I have to hold on to my small victories
Is there anyone left whom Obama has NOT pissed off?
ReplyDeleteBREAKING FROM NBC: White House official calls gays part of "Internet left fringe"
It doesn't matter why this behavior is occurring, really. What one has to take away from this message, naturally not attributed to anyone at the WH -- cowards -- is that bloggers are messing up their playbooks. And the answer is to diminish what influence we have -- it's limited at best. You have to ask why is this paranoid, juvenile message getting tossed out there. All those big brains in the White House and the best they can do is to bring up the hoary pajama game?
.....
So which Barack Obama is it -- the one who said to challenge him, or a fragile flower that panders to LGBTs then has a coward source backstab? To me the WH has just declared war on us after a wine and dine with the right kind of LGBTs that don't make trouble for them. Someone has to answer to this.
Or do I just need to fold my hands in my pajama-clad, Cheetos-stained lap like a good homo?
Woo-boy, this gets uglier and uglier ...
ReplyDeleteCharlie Melancon slaps Barack Obama in face - absent New Orleans visit
This is the local challenger for Vitter's Senate seat.
Charlie Melancon is not showing much respect for the President, announcing that he will not take part in the visit by President Barack Obama this Thursday October 15.
The funny thing is that all of the Republican leaders from the state as far as we know will be there. What's Charlie's problem? Is he too good for the President?
Looks like Charlie has decided to pull a Joe Wilson on Barack Obama and black voters may not take too kindly to that.
Louisiana doesn't need another dixiecrat in office feeding us lies. I like David Vitter in this election, he has the common decency to participate in the Barack Obama visit and try and get a word in with the President on what Louisiana needs to help the recovery.
I'm here too guys - just doing a little work. How are you all?! GOOD TO SEE YOU. : )
ReplyDeleteHey hey, CC! I'm finally slowing down around here ... I'm trying to stay awake to say hello to littleoldlady but don't know if I will make it.
ReplyDelete/lightweight ;-)
Pink Freud said...
ReplyDeleteWoo-boy, this gets uglier and uglier ...
Charlie Melancon slaps Barack Obama in face - absent New Orleans visit
This is the local challenger for Vitter's Senate seat.
As is usual with democrat-in-controversy stories, the fact that Melancon is a democrat is left out. I had to use Google to find that out.
In this case, I don't think it's so much intentional as it is the fact that some local websites seem to think that only locals read them.
Oh no! Do you have lots going on tomorrow?
ReplyDeleteSorry about that, Pi Guy, I should have added that in. He's one of the sleazy ones, too, going to do his best to set Louisiana back to he good-old-boy days that Jindal's done well to begin putting behind us. Now if we could get Landrieu out also.
ReplyDelete(You're right about the local websites ...be hard pressed to find anyone here in the dark about Melancon being a Dem.)
Oh no! Do you have lots going on tomorrow?
ReplyDeleteNo, tomorrow looks to be mild. (Well except for that plumbing emerg that will need to be dealt with.)
I've just slowly shifted my night-owl ways so that 4 am for me is getting harder and harder to reach.
But it's only 1:00AM right now. : ) (I totally get wanting to go to sleep...but won't she be here pretty soon?)
ReplyDeleteIt's not 1 am! It's 3 am! LOL!
ReplyDeleteYes, she should come stumbling in with coffee in her eyes shortly ...
@Pink: hi, I hope you don't have to get up early tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteOh dear ....heads will explode:
ReplyDeleteGlenn Beck Goes Global
The Fox News host has arrived in Britain, courtesy of Rupert Murdoch—and has already lost a sponsor. Alex Massie on how Beck’s outrageous brand of conservatism is playing across the pond.
Glenn Beck has busted out of the United States. Thanks to Rupert Murdoch’s Sky Television, which carries the Fox News Channel in the United Kingdom, political junkies in Britain are able to tune in to the Great Entertainer’s latest plans to awaken the United States from sleepwalking toward disaster.
@Pink OK, I should have read upthread. My connection just came back
ReplyDeleteRe: Melancon: I expect a number of Dems to distance themselves from Elmer Hussein Gantry Jr. once the elections approach and they see their chairs threatened...
Hi Free!
ReplyDeleteNo, not really....but I have to deal with a plumber tomorrow and I will need to get on that rather early.
How are you doing tonight?
@Pink: kaboom! Splat!
ReplyDeleteWhat I've seen of GB isn't my cup of tea (ahem), but this lame boycott sure hasn't gotten anywhere. If anything it has helped him, I think.
@Pink: alright, caught up on backlogged sleep. Are you flying in Joe the Plumber? :-)
ReplyDeleteElmer Hussein Gantry ...LOL! Have we ever seen such global mockery of an American leader? (Sorry, I shouldn't use that word, I know ...)
ReplyDeleteBeck is a showman. The reason the left is so hellbent on discrediting him is because he is reaching a segment of the population that has previously not been involved in politics. His work on exposing these "czars" is with merit. He's not all nuts, just a wee bit. ;-)
ReplyDeleteWhich word shouldn't you use, Pinky...leader? : )
ReplyDeleteYep.
ReplyDeleteWho started calling him "Ear Leader"? :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure, FF. Maybe littleoldlady will know. She knows everything. :D
ReplyDeletePink Freud said...
ReplyDeleteOh dear ....heads will explode:
Glenn Beck Goes Global
The Fox News host has arrived in Britain, courtesy of Rupert Murdoch
I think Murdoch's head is already exploding. He's claiming that Google is stealing his content.
Mr. Murdoch, may we introduce you to the robots.txt file? It's guaranteed to stop Google from using your content.
Pink Freud said...
Beck is a showman. The reason the left is so hellbent on discrediting him is because he is reaching a segment of the population that has previously not been involved in politics. His work on exposing these "czars" is with merit. He's not all nuts, just a wee bit. ;-)
Jonah Goldberg has a great article: In Defense of Glenn Beck
I happen to know that littleoldlady is awake and nearly 'in 'da house', as they say. : )
ReplyDeletePi Guy, I really like Jonah Goldberg - he is a very bright guy (and so witty). I'll have to check that one out.
ReplyDelete@CC: what time zone is LOL in?
ReplyDelete@CC: Yeah, I've been following Jonah's writings on "National Review" since getting MBR.
ReplyDeleteI thought the title of his book "Liberal fascism" was unnecessarily provocative, but the book was very well worth reading. The title for sure didn't hurt sales ;-)
Finally Free said...
ReplyDelete@CC: what time zone is LOL in?
Eastern time.
CC, the Goldberg article is a good one. Here's a piece:
ReplyDeleteStill, much of the anti-Beck backlash (He's an extremist! He's paranoid! He's hate-filled!) from the left is hard to take seriously. First, this is a crowd that lets Michael Moore and Janeane Garofalo speak for them, and that celebrated the election of unfunny man Al Franken to the Senate.
He makes the point that the darling of the left, Jon Stewart, is quite acceptable -- while doing virtually the same thing Beck does -- but *that's different* somehow ....right.
CC, I'm not completely up-to-date on the new site ....will we have an area where users will be able to contribute news links ...sort of like a link dump?
ReplyDeleteYou know, he programmed (or planned to program) that into the first version and said it was very easy to do - not sure if it made it into this re-write or not.
ReplyDeleteI think he forgot about it, but I'll remind him. We are so ridiculously close, I almost hate to bring something new up...and if he hadn't said it was so simple, I probably wouldn't. LOL
By the way, the Gravatar thing turned out to be unnecessary (we were looking at it to speed things up but we don't have to now), and everyone should be thinking of some clever taglines. Mine is: "I bring nothing to the table." : )
ReplyDeleteBeck's got a lot of issues. Too many bad ones. It's a shame because it means he automatically gets discredited on the chance that he's correct once in a while.
ReplyDeleteF2, she's in eastern! SHE GETS UP WAY TOO FREAKING EARLY! LOL
ReplyDeleteCorrespondence Committee said...
ReplyDeleteYou know, he programmed (or planned to program) that into the first version and said it was very easy to do - not sure if it made it into this re-write or not.
I think he forgot about it, but I'll remind him. We are so ridiculously close, I almost hate to bring something new up...and if he hadn't said it was so simple, I probably wouldn't. LOL
Speaking as a programmer, I hate that!
I released my Verbatim program, and found that it wouldn't read it's own files from other domains!
Oops!
So, I let people copy it onto their domains to use with their files. I'm still looking for an effective way to read the files.
I overslept. :-/
ReplyDeleteFF: I think the person that started calling him Ear Leader was a late night poster. redc1c4 I believe. littleoldlady could probably confirm it for me.
ReplyDelete@CC: how long can taglines be? 40 chars? 80 chars?
ReplyDelete@littleoldlady: Good morning!
ReplyDelete@Pink Freud: G'nite!
IIRC it was redc1c4 who started the "ear leader" thing.
ReplyDelete/but I haven't had coffee yet...
'Morning Finally Free! :-)
ReplyDeletelittleoldlady said...
ReplyDeleteI overslept. :-/
Good morning, sleepy head!
Oh yeah, morning every body. Thanks for the confirmation littleoldlady. :)
ReplyDelete'Morning, PI GUY! :-) :-) :-)
ReplyDeleteOh, yes! That's exactly how I pass out...er...fall asleep(!) every night.
/'ceptin' I'm WAY less fuzzy and not nearly as CUTE!
Phil! :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is early even for you!
/or are you up late?
Beck's got a lot of issues. Too many bad ones. It's a shame because it means he automatically gets discredited on the chance that he's correct once in a while.
ReplyDeleteJack, I like you and all, but you're wrong here. If he was discredited his ratings wouldn't have jumped 136%. The 'agents of the left' would love for you to believe he is discredited, but it's simply not true.
This is early even for you!
ReplyDeleteI've been waiting for you to pass me in the night!
Now that you are here, I will be able to sleep without the debilitating guilt I have felt the last couple of nights. :)
Pink Freud said...
ReplyDeleteThis is early even for you!
I've been waiting for you to pass me in the night!
So you can get your sheep together?
;)
I meant by the people on the left. Then again, they don't matter much to me. I don't like Beck's style, that's why I don't watch him. But when I agree with him, I'm not ashamed to say so.
ReplyDeletePi Guy, I thought you were going to say you hate Feature Creep! : )
ReplyDeleteF2, I don't know how long they can be, but I have a really long one I wanted to use and I think he made it fit. I would guess 60 or 80 - but I'd have to go look to be sure.
lol: I am up early. :(
ReplyDelete/coughing fits suck large
//nyquil, and cough syrup didn't even help
So you can get your sheep together?
ReplyDeleteYes! LOL!
Now that you are here, I will be able to sleep without the debilitating guilt I have felt the last couple of nights. :)
ReplyDeleteYou should see someone for that condition. ;-)
PINK!,
Jack, I understand. As someone once said "Facts don't have cooties just because you don't like their source." ;-)
ReplyDeletePhil! Honey, Phil ...honey.
Poor {Phil}! :-(
ReplyDelete/at arms length, because I can't afford to get sick right now...
Oh...and fruitcup! ↑
ReplyDeleteI don't really know what issues Beck has been wrong about, myself (not saying there aren't any, only that I don't know what they are) - I just am not drawn to his dramatic radio thing...it's just creepy that early in the morning. : )
ReplyDeleteBut it's like so many things. The left tells us what Rush Limbaugh is all about, but I LISTEN to Rush, so I know they're lying - and so many people just BELIEVE it.
I really hate that.
I don't care for Rush either. His cadence i pretty annoying to listen to. I like Levin the most. I used to also really enjoy Larry Elder but he's since retired/stopped.
ReplyDeleteOh, I like Larry Elder! I like all those guys, actually.
ReplyDeleteAnd I loved Levin's Liberty and Tyranny; I remember when we were talking about it and wondering if he screamed in the audio version. : )
I haven't read it. I've got ADD, can't sit down and read at all!
ReplyDeleteJack,
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA!
My daughter says the same thing (when trying to excuse her lousy grades). ;-)
It's a popular excuse :)
ReplyDeleteOh, it is SO GOOD. A very easy read (not in the children's book sense : ) - but it's just so interesting, it grabs your attention and holds it - really). You'd love it, I'll bet.
ReplyDeleteI read the first couple of chapters, stopped for the night, then never got the chance to pick it back up.
ReplyDeleteOne day, I will!
Cool, Jack - that's where I first read about that woman in Oregon, Barbara something (Wagner, maybe?) - the cancer patient who couldn't get her state insurance to buy her life-prolonging drugs, but they offered to give her assisted suicide. Just a horrifying story.
ReplyDeleteVery eye-opening book. Good to hear you've got it. (I've got a bunch of books I've done that very same thing with.)