Where's Sage, anyway? I haven't seen him in a couple of days.
Hi CC! You get to see Hutch? He sure called it straight-up, didn't he? Nancy Bruce's face registered surprise and approval ... I like her more and more every time I hear her speak.
Just watched Hutch. I'm so proud of him. He and Juan were both pretty mad - but Hutch doesn't really show it. I know though that he is really upset about this.
Wow, that segment about Obama getting his agenda into televsion sitcoms - damn. That Wanda Sykes thing...did you watch that, Pink? Truck, did you see it? I guess Big Government has it. (I have it on in the other room - not looking at the screen right now.)
C squared. I don't watch much TV. Sports and very little else. Haven't watched network type shows in years. The agenda thing doesn't surprise me at all.
Pink ... yes, dang cold ... just got home ... put my down vest and boots on tonight ... I hate winter ... but at least it was not raining tonight like it has been ... busy weekend then traveling on business ...
Just watched the WeeWee on tv for a second in SF .. geez the guy NEVER stops campaigning ...
Hey good morning y'all! I see except for the first few posters we STILL have no avatars over here! Rats! Anyway, I'm doing ok, how is everyone else doing this early morning/late Evening?
It's raining here in Western Washington. But that is normally a given this time of year. The storm will pass shortly and it should stop raining by June.
We want you to enjoy your transition in the best way possible by preparing you ahead of time. If the property you want is available, we will do everything in our power to negotiate an affordable price and help you secure your dream property in Hell — A property that’s guaranteed to grow in value eventually and then forever.
Hey y'all, sorry hadda step away for a while. Hey Kosh's Shadow, how the hell are you? I've been so preoccupied and busy lately that I dont't know if I welcomed you aboard C2 yet or not! So Welocome Aboard! How the hell are ya (no pun intended)?
Thanks, and I've been here for a week as sb5k. Once I decided that I wasn't interested in the old place I revealed my original name, and a few hours later, the locks on the old place were changed. I had expected that, although there was still a bit of sadness. However, it is much better here than that place is now, so I'll just enjoy the company here and know that it will get better.
(I'm way overdue for going to bed; 1:30 AM here; backing up my wife's computer (just the day's work) before I go to bed, though.
Well I know what you mean, it's now going on quarter to 2:00AM here and I'm off to bed! Hope you all have a great night and that I get the chance to see you all down the road.
littleoldlady said... The Day The Teleprompter Broke.
/...why I have nightmares
There's an old bit among stage performers where you come out at the beginning of your act with notes in your hand, and you say something as you occasionally glance down at the notes, such as:
"Good evening, and welcome to my show. I think you're in for a great time tonight. By the way, I don't want you to think that everything I'm going to say tonight comes right off these notes. As a matter of fact, one of the most important qualities of any performer is spon...."
[put first note in the back, and begin reading second note]
Blake Lively and Penn Badgley are definitely the cutest actors who’ve played a couple on TV that refuse to acknowledge they’re one in real life too. Luckily, “Gossip Girls” in training all around New York are constantly telling the tabs about their Blake/Penn sightings. Like last week, the two were spotted having brunch and smooching at Five Points restaurant. According to People, “The actor was very doting and even walked his girlfriend to the bathroom at the end of their meal. The two left the restaurant arm-in-arm.”
Um, back the truck up a second. He walked her to the bathroom? I’d never heard of this particular convention until last summer, when a date offered to do this. “Why would you walk me to the bathroom?” I asked. “Oh, I thought that was common courtesy,” he said. Sweet, but I’m a big girl. I can make it the 15 feet to the bathroom on my own. I’m not really interested in having you join me for the walk, unless you’re planning to join me in there for a quickie.
I’m all for opening doors and you giving me your jacket when I’m cold, but here are eight other supposedly gentlemanly moves we don’t understand. Though any effort is always appreciated, even if it’s a little weird.
Ordering my meal for me. This has always struck me as bizarro, because chances are you don’t know what I want. The only time this is cool is if I have no idea how to pronounce something and you do.
Letting me win at a game of Scrabble/pool/bowling when you are clearly better. No fun! Please give it your best shot. I want the satisfaction of really beating you.
Using a code term for going to the bathroom. Especially retro words like “tinkle.” You can just say, “I’ll be back in a minute.” I’ll get it.
Pulling out my chair. Someone told me this tradition started when women wore loads of crinolines and, thus, scooting in your chair was difficult. That’s no longer the case. It just makes me nervous that you won’t push it in at the right moment and I’ll land on the ground with a thud.
Carrying my purse. Yeah, it’s heavy, but I’m pretty used to it at this point. You carrying it just looks funny. I have enough of a hard time with murses.
Asking my dad for my hand in marriage. So outdated. Pops just shouldn’t be involved in our relationship. No one should know you want to marry them before they do.
If you’re paying for dinner, not letting me put in for tip. Or get a round of drinks after. If I offer, it’s because I want to. I swear.
Helping me put me coat on. This is sweet, but it’s always awkward because my hand misses the sleeve or gets stuck somewhere in there. It’s easier to just do it on my own.
Do you agree these things are awkward? Any strange chivalrous things that confuse you?
I hate that one! I'm too klutzy to figure out when someone is ready to push me in...do I stand up again? Or does the "gentleman" try to push me and the chair in towards the table?
I hate that one! I'm too klutzy to figure out when someone is ready to push me in...do I stand up again? Or does the "gentleman" try to push me and the chair in towards the table?
/huffing and puffing! ;-)
Good thing that's no longer an issue...
A girlfriend I had back in California cured me of that habit.
A few weeks after she broke me of the habit, we were eating out at a restaurant and were sat in a booth. She looked at the booth, then looked directly at me and said, "You really want to impress me? NOW pull out the seat for me!"
Haha! Nice Helen bubble.
ReplyDelete/goodnight everyone!
Gah!
ReplyDeleteHelen nearly knocked me over.
She needs one of those blank avatar thingies.
Night Brandy.
ReplyDeleteSure got quiet..
ReplyDeleteSee you all tomorrow.
DISCLAIMER: I didn't make that!
ReplyDeleteGoodnight, VT. I'm still here, cleaning up downstairs. Thanks for joining us. See you soon!
ReplyDeleteGravity is a BITCH!
ReplyDeletePull my finger!
Evening C squared.... what's left of you.
Where's Sage, anyway? I haven't seen him in a couple of days.
ReplyDeleteHi CC! You get to see Hutch? He sure called it straight-up, didn't he? Nancy Bruce's face registered surprise and approval ... I like her more and more every time I hear her speak.
Just watched Hutch. I'm so proud of him. He and Juan were both pretty mad - but Hutch doesn't really show it. I know though that he is really upset about this.
ReplyDeleteHey Truck, hey Pinkie!
ReplyDeleteI like Tammy Bruce, too - she's cool with me.
Hi truckmonkey! Hey! At least we are no longer ghosts of what we once were. :-)
ReplyDeleteBrandy, take the rest of the night off! You work too hard!
ReplyDeleteI'll turn avatars back on, I guess...unless I shouldn't for some reason. Any objections?
ReplyDeleteYou mean ...we'll be ghosts again?
ReplyDeleteCoffee please. Oh wait, I will be hitting the rack soon. Decaf please. Where did everyone go?
ReplyDeleteI'll join you in a cuppa, truckmonkey. CC and I are still here. :-)
ReplyDeleteWhen the Pub closes, Truck, it turns into a ghost town - every night!
ReplyDeleteLast night we managed nearly 200 posts on this late one though...not sure how that happened. People just in the mood to hang out and talk, I guess.
GHWB called Olbermann and Maddow "sick puppies"! LMAO
ReplyDeleteI'm still around, but I'll be in and out as I do some grading for the part-time online teaching I do.
ReplyDeleteI imagine Miss Barbara has a few choice things she could chime in with too. ;-)
ReplyDeleteWow, that segment about Obama getting his agenda into televsion sitcoms - damn. That Wanda Sykes thing...did you watch that, Pink? Truck, did you see it? I guess Big Government has it. (I have it on in the other room - not looking at the screen right now.)
ReplyDeleteHi Kosh :-)
ReplyDeleteKosh! Hi!
ReplyDeleteHey Kosh. It really is good to see you over here.
ReplyDeleteI would image she does too, Pink. She probably has to hold her tongue a lot.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I saw it, CC.
ReplyDelete/no surprise
C squared. I don't watch much TV. Sports and very little else. Haven't watched network type shows in years. The agenda thing doesn't surprise me at all.
ReplyDeleteStimulus Math: $533,000 Per Job Saved or Created?
ReplyDeleteObama team makes it official: Budget deficit hits record. By a lot.
/you go Obama, borrow that money, spend, spend, spend!
Healthcare, Truck. On some show, talking about how many Americans "don't have health insurance".
ReplyDeleteP.S. Speaking of holding one's tongue, I have to hold mine a bunch too. : )
Hey, K/B. Good to see you.
ReplyDeleteHad to make a Costco run after the kiddos hit the hay.
ReplyDeleteCripes it's wet out there even for Seattle!
What's a couple of a Trillion and change in deficit spending....
ReplyDeleteReal Estate Reid know which side his bread is buttered on.
Costco - this is the best time of day to go!
ReplyDeleteCC,
ReplyDeleteYep no crowds no lines.... Hit the Homer DePot across the parking lot for a couple things for the bathroom project.
Just miserable and rainy, eh, JCM? I hope you picked up one of those Philips GoLites for light therapy when you were at Costco. : )
ReplyDelete(I have one, and I use that pup...I used it today, in fact.)
CC,
ReplyDeleteI've never gotten down around these parts. The worst day for me is June 21st.... oh dang the days will be getting shorter now!
My favorite days are like a couple of days ago, wind, showers and sun breaks.
Hey Ya'll .... Pink ya around ... my friend sent me this today ... lol ... thought you might like it ...
ReplyDeleteDown Home Girl ...
Hey zigzag!! Lemme look...
ReplyDeleteMan I wanted a beer tonight but too much work to do in the morning ... hope everyone drank enough to cover me ... blah ...
ReplyDeleteZigzag, looked like some pure-to-the-bone bitter clinger types to me!
ReplyDeleteI liked the banjer and the harmonia ....not bad. :-)
How you doing!? Cold there?
Pink ... yes, dang cold ... just got home ... put my down vest and boots on tonight ... I hate winter ... but at least it was not raining tonight like it has been ... busy weekend then traveling on business ...
ReplyDeleteJust watched the WeeWee on tv for a second in SF .. geez the guy NEVER stops campaigning ...
Just watched the WeeWee on tv for a second in SF .. geez the guy NEVER stops campaigning ...
ReplyDeleteCan't. I just can't.
Pink,
ReplyDeleteI heard some of the BHO speech, campaign mode. But more importantly he's still driving for Hokum & Chinola.
Back from shopping.
ReplyDeleteI bought bag of Dark Chocolate Covered Pomegranates
These things are very good.
Dangerously good.
Hey good morning y'all! I see except for the first few posters we STILL have no avatars over here! Rats!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm doing ok, how is everyone else doing this early morning/late Evening?
Howdy RW.
ReplyDeleteIt's raining here in Western Washington. But that is normally a given this time of year. The storm will pass shortly and it should stop raining by June.
Syrah said...
ReplyDeleteBack from shopping.
I bought bag of Dark Chocolate Covered Pomegranates
DROOL!
Where did you get those?
Where did you get those?
ReplyDeleteCOSTCO.
I mostly bought just "the necessaries" but when I passed these in the chocolate isle, . . . I just couldn't help my self.
Hi Syrah! How are you tonight and why are Dark Chocolate Covered Pomegranates dangerously good?
ReplyDelete"Balloon Boy" Heene Family Music Video: "Not Pussified"
ReplyDeleteOkaaaay.......
why are Dark Chocolate Covered Pomegranates dangerously good?
ReplyDeleteThey are dangerous because it is going to take a great deal of will power to not sit here and eat the whole bag in one go.
They are that good.
-~-
All in all, life is good.
Syrah said...
ReplyDeleteWhere did you get those?
COSTCO.
DANG I was just there too!
Pandemonium Real Estate
ReplyDeleteIf you're going to Hell anyway, Why not pick your spot?
We want you to enjoy your transition in the best way possible by preparing you ahead of time. If the property you want is available, we will do everything in our power to negotiate an affordable price and help you secure your dream property in Hell — A property that’s guaranteed to grow in value eventually and then forever.
JCM said...
ReplyDeletePandemonium Real Estate
If you're going to Hell anyway, Why not pick your spot?
Kosh's Shadow says-
At least if you don't get the spot you bought, you'll have no trouble finding a lawyer to sue them
(Note - my wife is a lawyer; criminal defense.)
Hey y'all, sorry hadda step away for a while.
ReplyDeleteHey Kosh's Shadow, how the hell are you? I've been so preoccupied and busy lately that I dont't know if I welcomed you aboard C2 yet or not! So Welocome Aboard!
How the hell are ya (no pun intended)?
Thanks, and I've been here for a week as sb5k. Once I decided that I wasn't interested in the old place I revealed my original name, and a few hours later, the locks on the old place were changed. I had expected that, although there was still a bit of sadness. However, it is much better here than that place is now, so I'll just enjoy the company here and know that it will get better.
ReplyDelete(I'm way overdue for going to bed; 1:30 AM here; backing up my wife's computer (just the day's work) before I go to bed, though.
Well I know what you mean, it's now going on quarter to 2:00AM here and I'm off to bed!
ReplyDeleteHope you all have a great night and that I get the chance to see you all down the road.
Good night, all.
G'nite most of you, G'morning to the others :-) (We don't have Ozzies or Kiwis yet, do we?)
ReplyDeleteKiwi in the fruitcup! (5am EST)
ReplyDeleteMusic of the night.
littleoldlady said...
ReplyDeleteKiwi in the fruitcup! (5am EST)
Music of the night.
Did I hear Phantom of the Opera?
/Why are there birds in the fruitcup?
Pi Guy! :-)
ReplyDeleteLots of food have birds as ingredients!
littleoldlady said...
ReplyDeletePi Guy! :-)
Lots of food have birds as ingredients!
Is that what they call bird pudding?
That's PIE, Pi!
ReplyDeletelittleoldlady said...
ReplyDeleteThat's PIE, Pi!
I hope he's talking about pie, otherwise I'll have to focus on forgetting 400 digits of Pi.
The Day The Teleprompter Broke.
ReplyDelete/...why I have nightmares
littleoldlady said...
ReplyDeleteThe Day The Teleprompter Broke.
/...why I have nightmares
There's an old bit among stage performers where you come out at the beginning of your act with notes in your hand, and you say something as you occasionally glance down at the notes, such as:
"Good evening, and welcome to my show. I think you're in for a great time tonight. By the way, I don't want you to think that everything I'm going to say tonight comes right off these notes. As a matter of fact, one of the most important qualities of any performer is spon...."
[put first note in the back, and begin reading second note]
"...taneity."
;)
It's the spon...taneity of Obama that scares me!
ReplyDelete/shudder!
littleoldlady said...
ReplyDeleteIt's the spon...taneity of Obama that scares me!
/shudder!
Really? With me, it's the lack of any experience outside of liberal echo-chambers.
The fact that the guy thinks negative feedback is a bad thing scares me. It's probably the first time he's had to confront it on a regular basis.
The History Channel used to have a show called "The Presidents". I loved their opening, which was modeled after a classified ad for emplyment:
ReplyDeleteWanted: Ambitious individual for leadership position. Be prepared for difficult application process and stressful work environment.
Challenges: many.
Rewards: numerous.
Failure: possible.
Your employer: The American people.
We're kinda sorta talking about the same thing.
ReplyDeleteIf somebody changes the script, due to his lack of experience I'm afraid Obama will get SPONTANEOUS ... and that's dangerous!
littleoldlady said...
ReplyDeleteWe're kinda sorta talking about the same thing.
If somebody changes the script, due to his lack of experience I'm afraid Obama will get SPONTANEOUS ... and that's dangerous!
True...and very well stated!
Do over!
ReplyDelete8 So-Called “Chivalrous” Moves by Men That Creep Women Out
ReplyDeleteBlake Lively and Penn Badgley are definitely the cutest actors who’ve played a couple on TV that refuse to acknowledge they’re one in real life too. Luckily, “Gossip Girls” in training all around New York are constantly telling the tabs about their Blake/Penn sightings. Like last week, the two were spotted having brunch and smooching at Five Points restaurant. According to People, “The actor was very doting and even walked his girlfriend to the bathroom at the end of their meal. The two left the restaurant arm-in-arm.”
Um, back the truck up a second. He walked her to the bathroom? I’d never heard of this particular convention until last summer, when a date offered to do this. “Why would you walk me to the bathroom?” I asked. “Oh, I thought that was common courtesy,” he said. Sweet, but I’m a big girl. I can make it the 15 feet to the bathroom on my own. I’m not really interested in having you join me for the walk, unless you’re planning to join me in there for a quickie.
I’m all for opening doors and you giving me your jacket when I’m cold, but here are eight other supposedly gentlemanly moves we don’t understand. Though any effort is always appreciated, even if it’s a little weird.
Ordering my meal for me. This has always struck me as bizarro, because chances are you don’t know what I want. The only time this is cool is if I have no idea how to pronounce something and you do.
Letting me win at a game of Scrabble/pool/bowling when you are clearly better. No fun! Please give it your best shot. I want the satisfaction of really beating you.
Using a code term for going to the bathroom. Especially retro words like “tinkle.” You can just say, “I’ll be back in a minute.” I’ll get it.
Pulling out my chair. Someone told me this tradition started when women wore loads of crinolines and, thus, scooting in your chair was difficult. That’s no longer the case. It just makes me nervous that you won’t push it in at the right moment and I’ll land on the ground with a thud.
Carrying my purse. Yeah, it’s heavy, but I’m pretty used to it at this point. You carrying it just looks funny. I have enough of a hard time with murses.
Asking my dad for my hand in marriage. So outdated. Pops just shouldn’t be involved in our relationship. No one should know you want to marry them before they do.
If you’re paying for dinner, not letting me put in for tip. Or get a round of drinks after. If I offer, it’s because I want to. I swear.
Helping me put me coat on. This is sweet, but it’s always awkward because my hand misses the sleeve or gets stuck somewhere in there. It’s easier to just do it on my own.
Do you agree these things are awkward? Any strange chivalrous things that confuse you?
Pulling out my chair.
ReplyDeleteI hate that one! I'm too klutzy to figure out when someone is ready to push me in...do I stand up again? Or does the "gentleman" try to push me and the chair in towards the table?
/huffing and puffing! ;-)
Good thing that's no longer an issue...
The bathroom thing is bizarre.
ReplyDeleteOrdering my meal? Hell no.
Carrying my purse? I think not.
littleoldlady said...
ReplyDeletePulling out my chair.
I hate that one! I'm too klutzy to figure out when someone is ready to push me in...do I stand up again? Or does the "gentleman" try to push me and the chair in towards the table?
/huffing and puffing! ;-)
Good thing that's no longer an issue...
A girlfriend I had back in California cured me of that habit.
A few weeks after she broke me of the habit, we were eating out at a restaurant and were sat in a booth. She looked at the booth, then looked directly at me and said, "You really want to impress me? NOW pull out the seat for me!"
(The booths were fixed to the floor.)
Hiya Wendy! :-)
ReplyDeleteInsomnimaniacs Unite!
Hi, littleoldlady!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, I must depart for the night(morning) since I have to get up in 5 hrs.
Question time:
ReplyDeleteWhat is it that a man does standing up, a woman does sitting down, and a dog does on three legs?
Answer:
Shake hands.
/How many got that wrong?
//Be honest.
Wendy,
ReplyDeleteWell...it was nice seeing you! :-)
The dog part confused me.
ReplyDelete/Roxanne squats! ;-)
littleoldlady said...
ReplyDeleteThe dog part confused me.
/Roxanne squats! ;-)
To shake hands?
(Just what do you think men do standing up but a dog would have to squat to do?)
Besides, *I* shake hands standing up!
ReplyDeletelittleoldlady said...
ReplyDeleteBesides, *I* shake hands standing up!
Waiting for the inevitable punchline...5...4...3...2...
(Because otherwise nobody would see me sitting there)
ReplyDelete?
;-)
littleoldlady said...
ReplyDelete(Because otherwise nobody would see me sitting there)
?
;-)
I was thinking more along the lines of, "...and I *AM* standing up!"
Good morning, everyone.
ReplyDeleteGood morning, BatGuano! :-)
ReplyDeleteWelcome to Innuendo and Implications! ;-)
I see we are still avatar deficient
ReplyDelete'Monring, Bat Guano!
ReplyDeletelittleoldlady said...
Good morning, BatGuano! :-)
Welcome to Innuendo and Implications! ;-)
...and Insomnimaniacs!
I³
ReplyDelete/cool! it worked!
Hi, littleoldlady! I see the thread has gone from black coffee to urination: A natural progression actually. :)
ReplyDeleteHi, Pi Guy!
ReplyDelete"Insomnimaniacs!" I like it!
True dat, Bat!
ReplyDeleteIn fact, I did have to go upstairs a few minutes ago to ... um ... shake hands.
I have a relative (in his eighties now) who used to joke, "My house has two rooms and a path."
ReplyDeleteDon't freak out - I'm just trying a CSS fix for the comment avatars!
ReplyDeleteOH JEEZ! Are you guys seeing what I'm seeing? Blue "on button" avatars?!
ReplyDeleteThe avatar fix didn't work, so I'm removing the code.
ReplyDeleteI'm freaking out!
ReplyDeleteYOU'RE DOING THAT?!
ReplyDeleteWow! I'm impress.
Music for while Pi Guy fiddles...
ReplyDeleteHow does the little grey guy look?
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking he's better than the annoying empty boxes.
Bwahahaha!
ReplyDeleteRobots!
"Bwahahaha!
ReplyDeleteRobots!"
littleoldlady, wrong blog. 'nuff said. ;)
Can we Photoshop faces for ourselves? ;-)
ReplyDeleteOkay....everybody UP! ↑
ReplyDelete"How does the little grey guy look?"
ReplyDeleteI think it is better than the empty boxes.