Saturday, October 17, 2009

Good morning, afternoon, evening *everyone*!™

Help yourselves!

111 comments:

  1. We only get 5 posts with avatars and then...either white bread slices or little generic men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They go well with fruitcup!

    /bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. littleoldlady said...
    Can we Photoshop faces for ourselves? ;-)


    Right now, it's only set up as 1 default icon with a generic man, which is better than those blank boxes, even though it's not a fix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to The No Frills Blog!

    /we're all the same now! the commies have won!
    //damn...I can't remember the name of the movie!(50's version, not the remake) :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Now I remember! WHEW! I thought I was really losing it...)

    Generic Men (and Women)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. littleoldlady said...
    SHABBAT SHALOM, Y'ALL


    Back atcha:
    שבת-שלום

    ReplyDelete
  7. littleoldlady, Is this it?

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044750/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy, I'll tell ya, Pi Guy...you are really a coding freak today!

    /psst! ditch the dash! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. littleoldlady said...
    Boy, I'll tell ya, Pi Guy...you are really a coding freak today!

    /psst! ditch the dash! ;-)


    Coding freak? Yes.

    Language expert? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol. That was the first movie that popped into mind! But, nOooo, I had to be more obscure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. littleoldlady said...
    More wake up music.


    You really want to wake someone up? Play this theme song loudly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoo-boy! Obama disappoints...again...but in the Washington Post?!

    I know that local officials say the Obama administration is more responsive and more effective than the Bush administration, but that's not saying much. What says more is that New Orleans still doesn't have an operational full-service hospital. And that an adequate flood barrier is still not in place.

    "I wish I could just write a check," Obama said. If that was his message, he should have stayed home. We now know that our government can make hundreds of billions of dollars available to irresponsible Wall Street institutions within a matter of days, if necessary. We can open up the floodgates of credit to too-big-to-fail banks at the stroke of a pen. But when it comes to New Orleans and the Gulf Coast, well, these things take time.

    I doubt these are the priorities Obama wants to be remembered for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. littleoldlady said...
    Hoo-boy! Obama disappoints...again...but in the Washington Post?!


    Ouch!

    Interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "'I wish I could just write a check,' Obama said."
    He can write a check.If Wapo is dissatisfied,the Gray Lady could be next.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If Wapo is dissatisfied,the Gray Lady could be next.

    Right. I'd love to see pigs fly...

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you were thinking of sleeping (ever again!) you need to know that Obama is "just getting started"

    "I hope that the election was not just a fad," the president said. "I hope that people didn't just think, 'Well, that's done, that was fun, I really liked those posters.' I need you guys to understand that what we're trying to do is hard. And I want you to be excited by that. I want you to be energized by that. Because if it was easy it would have already been done. If it was easy it wouldn't have been worth all the effort to get here.

    "And I want everybody to know who are standing in the way of progress: I'm not tired. I'm just getting started. You can throw whatever you want at me -- keep it coming, we're going to get this done."

    ReplyDelete
  17. BatGuano said...
    "'I wish I could just write a check,' Obama said."
    He can write a check.If Wapo is dissatisfied,the Gray Lady could be next.


    The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Why not? The New York Times isn't any better...

    UK court wants to publish U.S. intelligence on detainee

    ReplyDelete
  19. littleoldlady said...
    If you were thinking of sleeping (ever again!) you need to know that Obama is "just getting started"


    The Black-Eyed Peas were never more prophetic:

    Everybody, everybody, let's get into it.
    Get stupid.
    Get it started, get it started, get it started.

    ReplyDelete
  20. "And I want everybody to know who are standing in the way of progress: I'm not tired. I'm just getting started. You can throw whatever you want at me -- keep it coming, we're going to get this done."

    I've seen the vid of that many times and it always comes across as a threat rather than an inspirational message.

    ReplyDelete
  21. littleoldlady said...
    For Pi Guy...not that he needs it or anything!


    You probably won't be surprised to hear this, but did I ever mention that I juggle?

    ReplyDelete
  22. littleoldlady said...
    BatGuano,

    Me too. :-(


    Prepare for re-Neducation!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Goodnight, all!

    /Well, it's 3 o'clock in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  24. DON'T GO TO SLEEP, Pi Guy!

    /they'll take your body and turn you into an iPOD!
    //...oh. wait. That should be POD!

    ;-)

    'Night!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Us generics don't care what genre we generate.

    /something like that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. lol, you know what I like. I watched every second! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Me too, Bat. Hard to beat Fred and Ginger...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cobwebs...can't get the damned cobwebs out from between my ears this morning - gahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  29. It seems to me that music was more integrated forty years ago.I mean teenagers like me could enjoy Sly and The Family Stone as much as Cream. it seems more stratified now.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bat,

    Nah. My kid (21 - TODAY!) is listening to pretty much what we did. The thing is, she thinks it comes from HER generation! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  31. How are you, neighbor?

    /has enough rain yet? :-/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Winter coats...in October?!

    /I'm not ready!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Funny about that music / generational thing.

    I can remember when I was stationed down in LeJeune, and sitting in local mall pizza shop. On the radio was the Jackson 5's, "I'll be there"

    Well the girls in the booth next to us were so upset that someone that quickly, ripped off the Mariah Carey song.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yeah, I have my coat. I'm getting ready to get some Wawa fuel in a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  35. AND it's dark out there!

    /just took the dog out

    What the heck happened?!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. This day in history October 17th (apologies to Pi Guy):

    1989: Loma Prieta earthquake registered 7.1 on the richter scale. BatGuano nearly soiled himself.

    1988: littleoldlady was blessed with a child.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I remember both, Bat!

    /trying to watch TV while having a birthday party...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yeah, I just had to order 200 more gallons of propane.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Yeah, like Hank Hill?

    Pretty much everything we have in the house runs on LP, not natural gas like you city folk.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Good night everyone. I have to be up at the crack of 1030 am, PST.

    ReplyDelete
  41. 'Night, Bat! :-)

    Formercorpsman,

    Do you have a tank buried outside?

    /city folk? For us "city folk" this is the country! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yeah, right in the back yard. I have a wood stove I need to get in the basement as well. That would help quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  43. FYI, no gas here. The line is in the street but it's $2000+ to connect it. Besides at least with heating oil we can shop around rather than live or die with PGW...

    So, costwise, propane is cheaper than heating oil?

    ReplyDelete
  44. No, probably not. I do like the idea of being able to shop the price.

    I really would like to get the stove in though. I can still split would. Might be good exercise in the process too.

    ReplyDelete
  45. We have two wood burning fireplaces. One is new and we use it (usually with duralogs). It's one of those insert things we installed when we added on a family room. It has a blower, too. Heats up the room like crazy, but uses electric.

    /and I have a hate/hate relationship with PECO...

    ReplyDelete
  46. I understand the PECO thing totally.

    I'll be back later, I NEED coffee.

    Wawa run.

    ReplyDelete
  47. The other one is original to the house but it makes me nervous. We put in a new oil heater, they say it burns hotter, and in fact our terracotta chimney liner is cracked and needs to be replaced.

    Aluminum, thank you very much. May as well take out a 3rd mortgage now... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  48. I've got some oat cream scones to share if you'd like, {lol}...

    ReplyDelete
  49. scotti!

    Yummm! That sounds great! THANKS!

    /nom nom nom...

    ReplyDelete
  50. WTFF? Are we now the Southwest Airlines of Blogs?

    I'd prefer to be the Midwest Express -- they serve cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  51. *gently swaying to music*

    (something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto)

    ReplyDelete
  52. 'Morning, Lucius! :-)

    Well...there's fruitcup.

    /got cheese pocket?

    ReplyDelete
  53. Just sent oldest boy out the door and off to his last regular season football game. The two teams are undefeated with identical records 5-0-1. The tie was from the first game of the season ... when they played each other.

    He wanted his mom to go with him. Fine with me. It's frickin' cold here -- 42 degrees and damp.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Rush has a piece in today's WSJ. The ending of it pretty much nails the matter:

    As I explained on my radio show, this spectacle is bigger than I am on several levels. There is a contempt in the news business, including the sportswriter community, for conservatives that reflects the blind hatred espoused by Messrs. Sharpton and Jackson. "Racism" is too often their sledgehammer. And it is being used to try to keep citizens who don't share the left's agenda from participating in the full array of opportunities this nation otherwise affords each of us. It was on display many years ago in an effort to smear Clarence Thomas with racist stereotypes and keep him off the Supreme Court. More recently, it was employed against patriotic citizens who attended town-hall meetings and tea-party protests.

    These intimidation tactics are working and spreading, and they are a cancer on our society.


    Hmmmmm -- slaming tea-party folks and town-hall meeting folks as racists, right-wing extremists ... rings a bell, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  55. No cheese pocket for me, thanks. I'm thinking of having some oatmeal, thought.

    The lamb stew I made last night was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Dad takes him to practice and to most games. I've had a horrible week, and am frankily enjoying a little peace and quiet.

    Plus it's hard for me to watch him play sometimes. I get frustrated when I seem him not putting in the effort I know he's capable of. Typical oldest kid.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Sticks and stones and all that jazz...but Michael Vick who is an actual murderer of animals can play football?!

    ReplyDelete
  58. LS, he has it totally correct.

    There is so much more to say, but I am sure you could probably write my next paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Sticks and stones and all that jazz...but Michael Vick who is an actual murderer of animals can play football?!



    You can't say that!!! Dog murder is a letitimate part of African-American Culture*!!! RACIST!!!!

    Gosh, that's easy -- no wonder leftist fall for it so quickly -- requires no thought at all.

    *A comment actually made during an ESPN sponsored townhall meeting in Atlanta over the Michael Vick case. In that meeting, something like 80% of the attendees said they saw absolutely nothing wrong with dog fighting. Yet another beacon day for our glorious city.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Lucius,

    I was a swim mom. Would scream myself hoarse yelling KICK! KICK! KICK while MNTS was swimming. The entire team, plus coaches and parents would do the same thing. (Unbelievable upper body strength; lazy FEET! ;-)

    One day she decided to tell me it was a total waste since she couldn't hear me when she was under water.

    /I miss those days! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  61. mmmmmm -- those muffins look mighty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Lucius,

    MY TEAM HIRED HIM after he was convicted!!!

    /which city is worse? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  63. Lol -- I tend not to say much. I try to remind him of what he's supposed to be doing. He has a tendency to rationalize doing something other than what his coach wants him to do, which never works out well.

    Every practice his coach says the same thing: "I need to see more effort out of you." And it goes in one ear and out the other every time.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Oh, Philly by far.

    (Spoken by a long-term Eagles-hater)

    ReplyDelete
  65. Supposed to freeze here tonight. That will be fun with no heat.

    ReplyDelete
  66. These intimidation tactics are working and spreading, and they are a cancer on our society.

    *sigh* Very true, and depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  67. scobuzz -- no heat. Owing to an Obama-up on the billing our gas was cut off on Wednesday (the day they mailed out the notice, as it turned out). The earliest anyone can get it back on is Monday. Originally they told me next Friday was the earliest, at which point I filed a complaint with the public service commission. That got their attention.

    ReplyDelete
  68. MNTS was at a USS swim meet and her coach asked her, "Hey! Do you think you could swim FASTER?"

    The look on her face was priceless. "Oh. I'm supposed to swim FASTER?...Sure. I can do that!"

    The amazing thing was...she did! Got a ribbon for her efforts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  69. In yesterday's WSJ, there was a good piece on the Limbaugh fiasco -- I liked this part:

    Mr. Goodell implied in a statement that Mr. Limbaugh's off-the-cuff comment in 2003 about quarterback Donovan McNabb (that the media wanted a black quarterback to do well) violated the league's "high standard."

    We suspect Mr. Limbaugh would be happy to withdraw the 2003 remark, but to elevate it to racism, hatred and disqualification from doing business with the saintly NFL beggars belief. On the evidence, the NFL is the most forgiving league in sports. New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, just for starters, must be thankful Mr. Goodell's "high standard" doesn't mean a lifetime ban from the NFL.

    What happened here, and is happening elsewhere in American life, is that Mr. Limbaugh's outspoken political conservatism is being deemed sufficient reason to ostracize him from polite society. By contrast, MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, who fires off his own brand of high-velocity, left-wing political commentary but lacks Mr. Limbaugh's sense of humor, appears weekly as co-host of NBC's "Football Night in America." We haven't heard anyone on the right say Mr. Olbermann's nightly ad-hominem rants should disqualify him from hanging around the NFL. Al Franken made it all the way to the U.S. Senate on a river of political vitriol.

    But Rush Limbaugh gets hung out to dry by someone of Roger Goodell's establishment prominence, and barely a soul from that same fastidious establishment has the courage to step forward to criticize it.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Lots of blankets? Afghans? Body heat? (personal favorite after losing electricity during a blizzard)

    ReplyDelete
  71. The sump pump just kicked in...

    /I REALLY wish Lucius had kept that rain!

    And there's a new thread! ↑

    ReplyDelete