Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Official C2 Sober Up Post-Pub Thread

122 comments:

  1. This'll do the trick....

    Can the Muppets Make Friends in Ramallah?

    This season’s episodes of “Shara’a Simsim,” the Palestinian version of the global “Sesame Street” franchise, were filmed in a satellite campus of Al-Quds University, a ramshackle four-story concrete structure that houses the school’s media department and a small local television station. The building sits in an upscale neighborhood on the outskirts of the West Bank city of Ramallah, not far from the edge of the Israeli settlement Psagot. Like many structures on the West Bank, the Al-Quds building seems to be simultaneously under construction and decaying into a ruin. Some walls are pocked with bullet holes, from when the Israeli Army occupied the building for 19 days in 2001, during the second intifada. In another life, the building was a hotel, and the balconies out front where TV crews and students take smoking breaks overlook the crumbling shell of its swimming pool.

    Yeah, the Pali TV thing is working out really, really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killian,

    I hope so too, but the accelerated MOP program has been on defense sites for months, ABC is slow. The Pentagon would be negligent if it wasn't updating plans on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NASA spacecraft to slam into moon to search for water

    Early Friday morning, NASA will slam two spacecraft into the moon in the hope of unearthing signs of water.

    The spacecraft, called the Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite or LCROSS, will break into two parts to hit the moon a few minutes apart. First the Centaur upper stage rocket will hit the lunar crater Cabeus near the southern pole, sending a plume of debris about 6 miles above the moon. LCROSS then will fly through the debris, collecting and analyzing the debris, searching for signs of water ice before slamming into the moon at 5,000 miles per hour.

    Space-based and Earth-based telescopes will scrutinize the plumes. Observers here in Utah plan to join the party. Several members of the Salt Lake Astronomical Society will attempt to catch a glimpse of the plumes.

    Patrick Wiggins, NASA Solar System Ambassador to Utah, says discovering water on the moon could have big implications for the future of space exploration. Not only would water allow astronauts to replenish drinking and sanitation water on the lunar surface, but rocket fuel is made of a special blend of oxygen and hydrogen, the base elements in water.

    "If we could build future spacecrafts on the moon, and launch from there, spacecraft would be much smaller and more efficient because of the lower gravity there," Wiggins said. "It would be much easier and cheaper to explore the distant realms of the solar system and eventually beyond. A lot of good things could happen if we confirm there is water on the moon."


    /LCROSS angry, LCROSS SMASH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JCM
    Of course, Europe will start complaining, and Europe's bad mouthing of America gives comfort to our enemies. I mean, those guys values are so messed up they think calling someone a "cowboy" is an insult.

    That is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ya'll ...

    My brother just finished baking for me downstairs for my little place ... the menu includes:

    Triple Chocolate Brownies
    Pumpkin Bread w/vanilla icing
    White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
    Cinnamon Buns w/vanilla icing
    Banana Nut Muffins ...

    I will share at fruit cup in the morning ...

    Thanks for the laughs and liquor ...

    Hope everyone has a peaceful night and rests well ..

    So Glad You Came ... So Glad You Stayed ... Eric ... Wonderful ...

    For the Bar Wench ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Solar System Ambassador to Utah

    Not even going to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cowboy quotient in the WH is ZERO.


    We

    Are

    Fucked

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet he can roll his own smokes.

    There's that, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does he hold 'em european style?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, cupping a "J" looks a lot like the way cowboys smoke in the rain ... you may be helping me find the pony under all the shit ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey...anyone remember when cigarettes were referred to as fags?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry, I hope that was sufficiently bitter, clingy, and uncalled-for to maintain my reputation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. At the end of the day, cowboys were all fagged out.......

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw that movie ... those were sheepherders.

    ReplyDelete
  15. JCM said...

    At the end of the day, cowboys were all fagged out.......

    Romo?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your reputation is safe and secure, OLT.

    /I enjoyed it, anyway :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OldLineTexan said...

    Jessica Simpson?

    That will get you smoke'n.

    Is she kin to Homer by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  18. The thread is broke, back to you regular program.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jessica Simpson?
    Is she kin to Homer by chance?


    Now we know where she gets her intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, mammals! It's "Throbert McGee" here. Some of you may have already seen zombietime's report on the Kevin Jennings, Harry Hay, and NAMBLA -- I spent several hours this past weekend critiquing and vetting Zombie's story to make it as "bulletproof" as possible against the predictable charges of You homophobic hater, you! from the left, and also to make sure that there was nothing in it that right-wing crazies could spin as "Aha, Jennings wants to recruit your unborn Christian babies into homosexuality!!!" (And I know that liars on the far left and the far right will distort Zombie's story anyway, for their own purposes, but at least I can say that I did my best to make things more difficult for both the moonbats and the wingnuts.)

    But it's also worth checking out the discussion of this issue at Gay Patriot, which is as far as I know the most prominent "homocon" site on the Web. I haven't checked other right-leaning gay sites yet (and of course you can find a list of those at the Gay Patriot blogroll), but will keep you posted. And at some point I'll have to wade in to the left-leaning gay blogs to see whether any of them are honest enough to concede (at minimum) that Harry Hay was fucking creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The cowboy quotient in the WH is ZERO.

    We somehow, survived Carter so I guess we'll make it through this.

    Unfortunately, there's no Reagan waiting in the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Throbert - good to see you. We got the mail and have some feedback for you - I'll get to that ASAP. (You've given us an idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. How is everyone this evening?

    Busy week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How come no one plays tiddlywinks anymore?

    /random thought

    ReplyDelete
  25. When you've winked all the tiddles, what's left?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Apparently the goodfolks at tiddlywinks.org still play the game.

    http://www.tiddlywinks.org/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, I've removed that other blog and added Correspondence Committee to the links at my little website.

    http://www.ringospictures.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Done! : ) (Cool site. I think I've visited before, actually.)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks...I started taking pictures at protests back in 2004. Zombie eventually convinced me to create a website to post them for public consumption. I'm a pretty lazy blogger, I only do a three or four posts per year.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I see it says "anti-war protests in Los Angeles and Hollywood, Ca", that's not really accurate anymore...Probably best to just call it "Ringo's Pictures".

    ReplyDelete
  31. evening y'all - this is realwest. Sigh.
    Is Pink Freud around by any chance?! And if so, could Pink e-mail me asap?!
    Thankew very much!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I only put in your address, pasted from your link. I don't know why it gave me that (I tried it twice).

    I'll ask Bare what the deal is and see if I can get it changed.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think she's around 6p - gmail not working for you tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nope, it is NOW working fine, wasn't before though!
    How are ya doing tonight CC?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Zazi's Nabber

    Intelligence officials say alleged terrorist plotter Najibullah Zazi was caught not thanks to domestic surveillance but by CIA tracking of al-Qaida. The White House says the president did it.

    Imagine you, or perhaps your father, were one of the five Marines who raised the American flag on Mount Suribachi during the Battle of Iwo Jima in 1945. Then imagine seeing Joe Rosenthal's Pulitzer Prize-winning photo of that iconic image.

    But then you read the caption below the photo. It says that according to the White House, what those Marines were doing was the result of "President Roosevelt's deep involvement in the war effort." The claim is that the Marines only had sketchy information about Iwo Jima, but the president sensed something and held "an intensive three-week White House focus" on the impending attack.

    Wouldn't it sound fishy? Wouldn't you feel as if the real heroes had been dishonored for the sake of an oversized presidential ego?

    Of course, FDR made no such claim. But the Obama White House is taking credit for the arrest of Zazi, the 24-year-old Afghan immigrant who allegedly was plotting a terrorist attack in New York City. Authorities believe he was trained by al-Qaida in Pakistan and sought common beauty products to make bombs.


    /Lord Obama the Omnipresent

    ReplyDelete
  36. Real, I am here now if you need me.

    Ringo, thanks for linking your site. Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh well...No problem.

    Thanks for the linkage.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Pounding my head against the wall as usual, r/w, but I'm loving seeing your avatar! The site now feels complete! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  39. Pink Freud,
    Good to see so many familiar folks around here.

    I'll try to stop by every day. If I come across any interesting articles I'll share 'em here.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ringo, I got it! At first I didn't notice I had an option to change the name - but that's the name it generated for me, FYI. I was able to change it though, so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hey, nice to see you here Ringo!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hey all y'all - we had a thread up called C2 Coffee Break (you need to go to home down below and then scan through the threads today to get it) during which we reported that Kevin Jennings, Obama's 'Safe Schools Czar', is a,ah, rather close associate of someone who was the President of NAMBLA - and we gave a hat tip to Zombie (richly deserved, too. I'd like to suggest that you go to our thread, and click through to the zomblog link in that article both to further educate yourselves of this ghastly person and also to show your support for Zombie.
    We do link to Zombietime, but Zombie has TWO blogs, and the other is zomblog - and clicking through the link put up in that coffee thread will not only further educate you, but give Zombie some support coming from C2 as well.
    G'head, you KNOW you want to. Going up against Obama is a dangerous thing for any citizen journalist to do, and going after the new Safe Schools Czar was extremely brave of Zombie and I'd appreciate the hell out of it if Zombie saw our support as well, so Zombie knows that Zom is not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  43. We'd appreciate that, Ringo. Everyday we see more new faces here ...we're really enjoying it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Pink, no - I don't need your assistance at the moment, gmail was busting my chops over my signing in, but I got it straigtened out!
    Thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is big news, if it turns out to be true:

    Bill Ayers admits writing 'Dreams' to conservative blogger

    Last Friday we posted an article on these pages asserting Bill Ayers' authorship of President Barack Obama's 'Dreams From My Father,' based on claims made by Obama biographer Christopher Andersen. It is possible that we have now gotten direct confirmation of this from Bill Ayers himself.

    Anne Leary of Back Yard Conservative was passing through Washington, DC’s Reagan National Airport yesterday, and was surprised to come across Bill Ayers at Starbucks: “scruffy, thinning beard, dippy earring, and the wire rims, heading to order.” She struck up a conversation with him and snapped the accompanying photo.

    I interviewed Anne this morning about it.

    Ayers was in Washington, he told her, for a conference on education.
    “That's what I do, education,” he said. “You shouldn't believe everything you hear about me... You know nothing about me.”

    To which she responded, “I said, I know plenty--I'm from Chicago, a conservative blogger, and I'll post this.”

    I bet his heart skipped a beat on that one.

    But he didn’t scowl, and didn’t run off as he has been known to do. Instead, unprompted, he blurted out: “I wrote ‘Dreams From My Father… Michelle asked me to.” Then he added “And if you can prove it we can split the royalties.”

    Anne responded, “Stop pulling my leg!”

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow, Pi Guy, interesting if true.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Correspondence Committee said...

    Anytime, Ringo! Our house is your house.


    "Our house, in the middle of our street..."

    ReplyDelete
  48. PBJ said...

    Wow, Pi Guy, interesting if true.


    The big "if", indeed. As the story states, Ayers already knew he was talking to a conservative blogger. Maybe this was just a test to see how far it went through the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Pi Guy said...
    The big "if", indeed. As the story states, Ayers already knew he was talking to a conservative blogger. Maybe this was just a test to see how far it went through the blogosphere.

    LOL We'll probably see it somewhere by morning.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hey there Pi Guy! Great story. Naturally I read Charolettes other paper the Observer! Damn it!
    LOL!
    But I was thinking: Ayers could have been telling the truth; we know all about Ayers and Obama being more than "just" neighbors in Chicago, we know Ayers gave Obama a fundraising coffee and danish breakfast with some big money guys (of whom Ayers is one and his ever so charmming wife Bernadine Dhorn is another, both from extremely wealthy families) and that Ayers and Obama were at Columbia University before that. There is indeed a connection between Ayers and Obama and it may simply be that Ayers was being honest - knowing he could always say he was just joking with her OR it could be that Ayers is one of Obama's supporters who hasn't been "paid back" as yet and Ayers said all of that out of frustration,anger and/or resentment.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi PBJ - how are you doing tonight? Ya know, I wouldn't mind seeing a thread about this tomorrow morning on the first thread after the Fruitcup Thread!

    ReplyDelete
  52. LOL We'll probably see it somewhere by morning.

    Memeorandum picked it up earlier today, PBJ ... it's already everywhere. Ayers disgusts me. What a POS.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I'm doing pretty well Realwest. Hope things are going well for you.

    It would make a good thread.

    BTW, I checked out Zomblog. I'll be sure to go over there and say hello. I have a lot of respect for Zombie.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Correspondence Committee said...
    I saw it somewhere too - maybe Ace had it?


    Just checking, and Ace does have it.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hey PBJ - it wouldn't hurt to clck through to zomblog from the C2 link mentioned above; be nice if Zombie got some traffic from us!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hey Pi Guy, yeah, Ace has it; doesn't mean C2 can't do it's own take on it though. And Ace has nothing compared to what you put up!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Well y'all it's been grand but it's really damn late here and I gotta get some sleep! I hope you all have a great evening/early morning and that I get the chance to see you all down the road!

    Good night, all.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hello all you lurking lurkers, you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Thanks, Pi - I didn't dream that! Ace often has a jump on things - he's one funny guy, too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  60. I think Malkin, AoS and Jawa all have it.

    Sweet dreams, RW.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I'm not lurking. I'm just pining for the fjords...

    ReplyDelete
  62. Let's make sure that the story gets confirmed before running with it here. Don't want to jump into the madness....

    ReplyDelete
  63. When I pine, I pine for the swamps.

    Good morning, littleoldlady!

    ReplyDelete
  64. talloldman woke me at 1 am.

    /I am happy - and amazed! - to report that he's still alive

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hi LoL and Pink, how's it going? I am pining for my pillow. LOL

    Welcome Jack, whomever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  66. LoL, I only have a "touch of grey" myself. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Alive is good, littleoldlady.

    You didn't kill the thread, I'm just being distracted over here by a movie when I should be being distracted by more important things. ;-)

    Hi PBJ!

    Jack? Have we met before?

    ReplyDelete
  68. Guys, Jack's ok. He's chosen to be here under this nic for now and I respect that but wanted to let you know he's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Jack has received the Pink Seal of Approval

    /good enough for me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  70. PBJ,

    LoL, I only have a "touch of grey" myself

    That's why God invented Clairol. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  71. If Jack's cool with you, Pink, he's cool with me.

    Here's to you
    Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  72. LoL, ain't that the truth. I'm a blonde, really I am.

    ReplyDelete
  73. All I know is, I don't know Jack Shit.

    ReplyDelete
  74. All I know is, I don't know Jack Shit.

    I thought that was "Jack Squat". ;-)

    /SNL

    ReplyDelete
  75. Jack, I don't know that guy either so don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  76. What a coincidence, Jack. I don't either!

    It doesn't keep me from posting though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  77. I had to page Michael Hunt to come to the courtesy phone when I was young. OMG, I can't believe I didn't get it before I did it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  78. Good night everybody. It's time for me to hit the hay.

    ReplyDelete
  79. I had to page Michael Hunt to come to the courtesy phone when I was young. OMG, I can't believe I didn't get it before I did it. LOL

    Oh dear. Ok, someone explain.

    ReplyDelete
  80. CC, thanks. I have to function early.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Good night PBJ. I could go for your namesake sandwich right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Jack, what's your take on this airport encounter with Ayers? DO you think it'll get legs under it or get lost in the daily crush of the really bad news coming out on the admin?

    ReplyDelete
  83. Pink Freud said...
    All I know is, I don't know Jack Shit.

    I thought that was "Jack Squat". ;-)

    /SNL


    Either way, You Don't Know Jack

    (Ever played that? It's fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  84. 'Night, PBJ! :-)

    /I don't get it either, Pink :-/

    ReplyDelete
  85. Good question. I don't know if it'll get legs. A large part of me just thinks its Ayers screwing around with the blogger. I mean, of course it could be true, I just have my reservations about it.

    I doubt it means much anyway. We all know what kind of influence he had (and still has) on Obama regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Never played You Dont Know Jack, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Pink Freud said...
    Jack, what's your take on this airport encounter with Ayers? DO you think it'll get legs under it or get lost in the daily crush of the really bad news coming out on the admin?


    I know you're asking Jack, but I do believe Ayers said it. The best answer I can give as to whether he actually wrote it will only be revealed with time.

    There are mathematical analyses they can run to match writing styles, so it would be interesting to run "Dreams of My Father" against 0bama's and Ayer's other writings.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Jack said...
    Never played You Dont Know Jack, lol.


    Just click the link, and play it!

    ReplyDelete
  89. I think he wrote it too, Pi Guy. But really ....at this point, so what?

    We know 0bama to be a poseur of the highest order, a grifter, a con man, imo. The master of sleight of hand, both he and his handlers.

    This whole thing is just one more "Look! A shiny object!"

    We've got much worse things to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  90. It's just like the birth certificate. The truth - whatever it is - isn't going to matter...NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Pink Freud said...
    I think he wrote it too, Pi Guy. But really ....at this point, so what?

    We know 0bama to be a poseur of the highest order, a grifter, a con man, imo. The master of sleight of hand, both he and his handlers.


    Except for the phrases "of the highest order" and "master", I completely agree.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  92. Me and superlatives, eh Pi Guy? I need to work on that. You're right.

    ReplyDelete
  93. That Y-D-K-J game is really addicting. Great time consumer.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Pink Freud said...

    Me and superlatives, eh Pi Guy? I need to work on that. You're right.


    At least remember who you're talking to. I work in magic, and live in Vegas.

    "Debasers of coin, short change artists, dice mechanics, card hustlers . . . these people are my friends"
    -Ricky Jay

    ReplyDelete
  95. Jack said...
    That Y-D-K-J game is really addicting. Great time consumer.


    ...and there's currently 100 different games you can play, and they're regularly adding new ones!

    Fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  96. I thought there was analysis done on the book and Ayers' writing (someone named Jack Cahill, or something?). The similarities are amazing. It's a hell of a coincidence if there's nothing to it.

    I don't think we will ever have confirmation of it though. Obama wants to downplay that association - for now, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Obama wants to downplay that association - for now, at least.

    And maybe that was Ayers' motivation. He feels neglected!

    ReplyDelete
  98. littleoldlady said...
    Obama wants to downplay that association - for now, at least.

    And maybe that was Ayers' motivation. He feels neglected!


    He needs me!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete