Obama keeps getting the benefit of the doubt from nearly everyone. After all, we certainly "don't want him to fail", do we? How long will it take folks to figure out that this is a PURPOSEFUL foreign policy?
Yes, today is Tzom Gedalia, marking the day on which the leader of the post-First Temple remnant of the Jewish people was assassinated. It has become fashionable here to refer to it as the first political assassination in Israel.
When Carter returned to Plains, Georgia, to become a peanut farmer after serving in the Navy, he became a member of the Sumter County School Board, which did not implement the 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision handed down by the Supreme Court. Instead, the board continued to segregate school children on the streets of Carter's hometown. ...
Carter's board tried to stop the construction of a new "Elementary Negro School" in 1956. Local white citizens had complained that the school would be "too close" to a white school. As a result, "the children, both colored and white, would have to travel the same streets and roads in order to reach their respective schools." The prospect of black and white children commingling on the streets on their way to school was apparently so horrible to Carter that he requested that the state school board stop construction of the black school until a new site could be found. The state board turned down Carter's request because of "the staggering cost." Carter and the rest of the Sumter County School Board then reassured parents at a meeting on October 5, 1956, that the board "would do everything in its power to minimize simultaneous traffic between white and colored students in route to and from school."
You can see how such episodes could leave Carter with a guilty conscience.
Well that explains his racism; what's the deal with his antisemitism?
I use the legacy version of blogger. Someone at the blogging conference last week has offered to take my template and upgrade it to the new version. I'm afraid to do it (I'm really not a techie).
As to Jimmy the Dhimmi, I discussed the reasons why he hates Israel here.
'Morning! I'm sure the administration knew that, and that this particular "concession" was not exactly what they had in mind from Russia.
Medvedev claimed yesterday that BMD withdrawal was payback for allowing supplies to run into Afghanistan through them. In other words, if we want help from them on the Iranian nuke question, we're gonna have to do more. Which they will promptly not do. Just another example that O is a feckless fool on Nat'l Security issues.
Yeah, we like it here. Sorta. OK,lol, here's an analogy. We're redoing the upstairs bathroom. In a fit of brilliance we decided that at the same time we would have the contractor rip out and rebuild the back porch as a kitchen addition. So we have TYVEK all over the floor (keeps dirt off the rugs) and the back yard is a mudhole. But it will be done soon (in geologic time, at least) and it will be wonderful.
Look for the market to open lower this morning and pull back as the economy performance continues to be disappointing. So far, that hope and change thing is not quite happening for the folks. Unemployment is at 14.5 million and growing. There are no signs of GDP growth. Do not be surprised at a 10% pull back by the market.
I suspect that Shimon Peres (a/k/a Israel's Used Car Salesman) is not told everything. (At least I HOPE he's not!)
Israel: Military Strike on Iran Still 'On the Table' "Israel has the right to defend itself and all options are on the table," Israel Lieutenant-General Gabi Askenazi said during a rare interview on Army Radio.
The army chief's statement comes after Medvedev said on Sunday that Israeli President Shimon Peres assured him it would not attack Iran.
I am imagining that 14.5 million as a voting block in the next election. Bigger than the "Jewish vote" (thank goodness!) and the "Muslim vote", added together, multiplied by 2.
Hi Carl! Hey there 3wood, how is the job search? Belmont club has a post this morning questioning just what it is that Obama is about. http://pajamasmedia.com/richardfernandez/2009/09/20/5994/#more-5994 "But in a world where negotiations with the Russians are not about negotiating with the Russians, where mandates for health insurance aren’t taxes, where President Obama is surprised that ACORN is receiving government money, and where 8 months after inauguration he has to ask himself what an organization he heads is trying to accomplish in Afghanistan, I think it is reasonable to argue that we are not observing or perhaps not understanding the President’s rational model."
(Someone needs to explain to me how to post links here.)
Good Morning Ya'll ... hope everybody had a great weekend ...
3Wood ... if you are still here ... do you know where the H2A workers will fall into the insurance coverage area if an Obama healthcare bill is passed? ...
And ... um .. my suitcases are by the door ... when are we leaving this joint? ...
More important, where is he? LOL, a favor please- it appears that Attila the Hunny is a neighbor of mine. Can you ask her to send me an email? (I haven't found a way to contact here on here. Not that I've looked that hard.)
Morning! I'm trying to remember if I've already had my daily allotment of coffee. If I have another cup to which I am not entitled talloldman gets shorted and I have to make another pot.
Then I end up having another cup, and too MUCH coffee!
Fox is live streaming that accident. I'd link it but it's preceded by a Viagra commercial, which after watching/listening to, no normal person would WANT to have sex!
If I were to guess, the accident is just north of Exit 6 (going north) where the PA Turnpike feeds into the NJ Turnpike. Traffic is of course backed up for miles on both sides. Take an alternate route if possible.
/a public service announcement from the Fruitcup Network
JIV: Well, I have a 3 month severance/transition at the old job where I'm helping to wind things down and close the office. I still go in for a few hours a day, but I'm also job searching. I actually have a job interview this afternoon, would be a good move for me if it works out. So please pray for me.
To zigzag, not sure what you mean by "H2A" workers, not familiar with that term. As far as I know there is still not a specific final bill to look at, they just keep doing a bait and switch trying to confuse people till they find something they can push through.
Medvedev claimed yesterday that BMD withdrawal was payback for allowing supplies to run into Afghanistan through them.
I haven't seen any such statement but, yes, the BMD change in course and posture was indeed payment for access to Afghanistan through Russia's backyard.
Mornin Lol, Carl, sos, 3 wood, phil, jim, zig... all.
So...how’s everyone? Underpasses spruced-up, stocked with assorted varieties of canned fruitcup and ready to go? Prepared to enter the Girded Loin Zone?
3Wood ... thanks ... oh, hell, what's another tax on small business anyway ... WE ARE RICH!!! ... kill the rich ... blah ... hope the whole damn bill (whatever it eventually becomes) is killed ...
What are they thinking anyway trying to get this on when we are in such a mess right now in this country ... idiots ...
I am pretty dang cheery this morning aren't I ... must go play some music to get the funk out ... brb ...
They put up metal detectors -- but, unfortunately, not mental ones -- at the Midtown hotel where hate-spewing Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will be spending the week.
Guests at the Intercontinental yesterday said they were not looking forward to sleeping under the same roof as the Iranian president.
"He knows he's hated around here, but I think unfortunately he thrives on it," said Rob O'Connor, a guest at the hotel.
"It's part of his persona -- he's just a racist, evil bastard and I don't want to share this state with him, let alone this planet."
littleoldlady: It's all about attitude. I try to keep mine as positive as I can. Play lots of games, and try to avoid too much activities that will require ulcer medication. ;)
enuff: Tents and tarps are a good start and easy to pack up and move. The main part at the moment is that it's part of a ravine trail system with good drainage and it would keep the rain off from over head.
/there's also huge piles of softwood chips on the other side that would be good for starting and making fires.
Hmmm, all depends on what you are stocking up for littleoldlady. I would suggest a couple books on how things were done in the pioneer days. (which reminds me I should print off the blacksmith manual) Heritage seeds would also be good for all sorts of plants, flowers and food type plants. Spare parts for things that can and will break down. Haynes manuals of vehicles.....
/yeah I have thought about stuff like this before.....
Whoever is responsible for the OpenID/Blogger/Wordpress snafu needs a belt sander taken to their fingertips.
You must be logged in (I am logged in). Your entire comment has been deleted (in spite of being logged in). Trying again are we? Your magic word is "facker" (I kid you not).
Running some numbers of a gas station I saw last week. Meeting with the owner today at noon. If all looks good I will put in an offer so I can do a proper due diligence. If all goes well I could be up and running by November.
Render ... isn't there something we can spray on the poppy fields to make the land in Afg. not good for farming ... but I guess that would be considered unfair treatment ... blah ...
Erik the Red ... hope it works out and um ... welcome to the world of small business under Obama Administration ... bend over and get use to it ... you rich evil person ...
---“The meetings in New York will be an important opportunity for the United States to concert with its partners and be very plain about our shared objectives, what we expect of Iran, and what will define a productive outcome,”
---The high-level nature of the meeting is unusual, and will be complemented by a special session of the Security Council, presided over by US President Barack Obama, devoted to the issue of nuclear proliferation.
At the close of the meetings everyone will hold-hands and sing Kumbaya to be followed by chants of 'Death to Israel! Death to America!'
Zig - Best solution I've seen so far is to simply buy the entire poppy crop. The problem with that of course is who the sellers are...
Salting the earth isn't a good thing either. Those same fields are also used for food production when poppy season is over (mid-May). A-ghan already doesn't produce enough food for its current population.
I lean strongly toward moving the entire Coalition military operation into the FATA, lock, stock, and smoking barrels.
Until Obama came along, Israel could afford not to make too much of the fact that its enemies control the UN-led system of international institutions because it could trust that the US would use its Security Council veto to prevent these forces from causing it any real harm. This is no longer the case. With the Obama administration fully on board the UN agenda, Israel and other threatened democracies like Honduras, Poland, the Czech Republic, South Korea and Japan will have to loudly proclaim the UN based international system's inherent moral, political and legal corruption and seek ways to undermine and weaken its power.
Morning All Great three day mini vacation with my wife and the Son's HS marching Band were Grand Champions in the weekend contest. Life can be really good!
Hope all are well and in good spirits, now lets get started on the world problems, our leaders seem not to have a clue!
The question now is how do we get out without too much major damage.
Render, we request -from our newest, bestest fiend and regional power- Iran their much needed assistance in stabilizing Afghanistan and maintaining security in Iraq while we remove our infidel asses from the region.
Obama yesterday expressed concern at the sorry state of the news industry and said that he will look at a news paper bailout, because otherwise, blogs will take over the world, and that would be a threat to democracy, The Hill reports.
"I am concerned that if the direction of the news is all blogosphere, all opinions, with no serious fact-checking, no serious attempts to put stories in context, that what you will end up getting is people shouting at each other across the void but not a lot of mutual understanding," he said.
/I thought Sarah Palin ran the world from her Facebook page
eatitorwearit: Well that would be good, if the newspapers were big on fact checking all the time as well. How many times have they been caught out by blogs? Besides there are a lot of blogs that produce real news and good information.
/Big Government for starters. //I wonder if this has anything to do with the ACORN scandal from last week...
eatit ... that is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen anyone wear ... wtf? ... and people say that there is not "Idol" worshipping going on? ... yeah right ... idiots ...
Some in Poland, a loyal NATO ally of Washington that sent troops to Iraq and Afghanistan, have been upset by Obama's move, fearing it may embolden a more assertive Russia. Moscow, a fierce critic of the shield, has welcomed the U.S. decision.
"We are a European country and here, first and foremost, we must seek security guarantees," he said, without elaborating.
Yes, I have had more than enough matzoh balls, thanks for asking. ;-)
ReplyDeleteHmmmm....a bit of news for a Monday morning:
ReplyDeleteDepends upon your definition of "failure".
I came late to the party because I cannot eat anything today anyway.
ReplyDeleteI'd still like to know WHO is the genius that decided that taking violent criminals on a field trip was a good idea. CAPTURED.
ReplyDeleteEx-kindergarten teachers running the show?
CARL! :-)
ReplyDeleteIs it a fast day?
Obama's confused?
ReplyDeleteObama keeps getting the benefit of the doubt from nearly everyone. After all, we certainly "don't want him to fail", do we? How long will it take folks to figure out that this is a PURPOSEFUL foreign policy?
Hi Littleoldlady,
ReplyDeleteYes, today is Tzom Gedalia, marking the day on which the leader of the post-First Temple remnant of the Jewish people was assassinated. It has become fashionable here to refer to it as the first political assassination in Israel.
By the way, if I upload my avatar, will I have to keep uploading it every time I post a comment?
ReplyDeleteAnother in a long list of "We invented everything"? ;-)
ReplyDeleteThere should be a "save" button?
ReplyDelete/don't you use blogspot for your blog?
Haman enjoys poking the West with a stick.
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile, Haman may get taken down by his own people this time.
ReplyDelete...from my lips to G-d's ears.
I think realwest found this link from Powerline...
ReplyDeleteWhy Does Jimmy Carter Think We're All Racists?
When Carter returned to Plains, Georgia, to become a peanut farmer after serving in the Navy, he became a member of the Sumter County School Board, which did not implement the 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision handed down by the Supreme Court. Instead, the board continued to segregate school children on the streets of Carter's hometown. ...
Carter's board tried to stop the construction of a new "Elementary Negro School" in 1956. Local white citizens had complained that the school would be "too close" to a white school. As a result, "the children, both colored and white, would have to travel the same streets and roads in order to reach their respective schools." The prospect of black and white children commingling on the streets on their way to school was apparently so horrible to Carter that he requested that the state school board stop construction of the black school until a new site could be found. The state board turned down Carter's request because of "the staggering cost." Carter and the rest of the Sumter County School Board then reassured parents at a meeting on October 5, 1956, that the board "would do everything in its power to minimize simultaneous traffic between white and colored students in route to and from school."
You can see how such episodes could leave Carter with a guilty conscience.
Well that explains his racism; what's the deal with his antisemitism?
/once choked on a matzoh ball?
Morning, lol, as a side note to your link :
ReplyDeleteObama's confused ?
This : Indeed, Russia said Saturday that it will scrap a plan to deploy missiles near Poland since Obama dropped his plan.
Those "scrapped" missiles never had the range to reach those BMD sites anyway !
Littleoldlady,
ReplyDeleteI use the legacy version of blogger. Someone at the blogging conference last week has offered to take my template and upgrade it to the new version. I'm afraid to do it (I'm really not a techie).
As to Jimmy the Dhimmi, I discussed the reasons why he hates Israel here.
Oh, and Good Morning LoL and CIJ.
ReplyDeleteHope the day has found you both well.
sasquatch! :-)
ReplyDelete'Morning! I'm sure the administration knew that, and that this particular "concession" was not exactly what they had in mind from Russia.
/but hey! "let's put a positive spin on this clusterf*ck!", sayeth the MSM.
Carl,
ReplyDeleteKovet (or as my mother says, "KOUET") 'Rn't Us.
/egomaniac!
Who was it who used to say of Arafat, "DIE ALREADY"? (zulubaby?) That's what I think whenever I see Carter's punim.
kovet/kouet = respect
punim = face
I dunno, sasquatch. It's Monday.
ReplyDelete/and poor Carl is starving while struggling with a recalcitrant avitar ;-)
'Morning! I'm sure the administration knew that, and that this particular "concession" was not exactly what they had in mind from Russia.
ReplyDeleteMedvedev claimed yesterday that BMD withdrawal was payback for allowing supplies to run into Afghanistan through them.
In other words, if we want help from them on the Iranian nuke question, we're gonna have to do more. Which they will promptly not do.
Just another example that O is a feckless fool on Nat'l Security issues.
/and poor Carl is starving while struggling with a recalcitrant avitar ;-)
ReplyDeleteSorry about eating all of the fruitcup, Carl.
*burp
Not exactly Einstein on economic realities either.
ReplyDelete/but what the heck...he dresses nicely, and that teleprompter is oh-so-sexy!
;-)
Is there anything he does well, besides the Teleprompter thing ?
ReplyDeleteCan't think of a thing.
Maybe he can text 100 words a minute or something on his Blackberry.
Excellent write up on Jimmy the Dhimmi,Carl.
ReplyDeleteHad to bookmark that one.
I guess we are going to be discussing whether the Obama administration is clueless or purposefully trying to reorder the world order for a long time.
ReplyDelete/me, I give most people another year until they catch on
Raw Talent
ReplyDeletesasquatch,
ReplyDeleteMaybe so, but I think the Secret Service put the cabosh on him doing that after the election.
Oh! I have to show Bar Wench that picture! ;-)
ReplyDelete/me, I give most people another year until they catch on
ReplyDeleteSounds about right. Takes a few real screw ups to distract some voters enough from American Idol to actually start paying attention.
Another year of this. Gonna be a long winter.
Have a great day, LoL. Need to get ready for work.
Hope to see you later, sasquatch! :-) Have a good one!
ReplyDeleteHeh. Never even thought of showing BW that.
ReplyDeleteAnd I forgot, O is very good at apologizing...to the wrong people.
See ya in the PM, hopefully.
People come and go so quickly here!
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of coming and going....
ReplyDeleteGood morning all. Dropping in for some fruit cup. Good to see you Carl, littleoldlady, and sasquatch if you are still lurking.
Firefox crash is imminent ... if it happens, never fear! I shall return!
ReplyDeleteHiya, Phil! :-)
ReplyDeleteGood morning all! Pass the fruitcup, please.
ReplyDeleteSo any news on the new site yet?
ReplyDeleteGood morning Jim. Welcome to C2. :)
ReplyDeleteJIM! :-) :-) :-)
ReplyDeletePhil,
ReplyDeleteLuckily, they've made the very intelligent decision to keep me FAR away from the technical aspects of web design and coding. ;-)
I'll give you the same answer as I'm receiving - "SOON!"
John Edwards and the New York Times - perfect together?
ReplyDelete{LOL}
ReplyDeleteWhenever I think of internet coding and technical design, you're the first person who comes to mind.
I was here last night. Nice place.
Jim,
ReplyDeleteI AM?! LOL!
Yeah, we like it here. Sorta.
/I am loathe to criticize blogspot, since the last time I did I lost an ENTIRE THREAD!
VDH is right. It's depressing. :-(
ReplyDeleteSo, better to laugh.
Anyway, very SOON we will be moving to a "real" site. And I think everyone will be surprised and delighted by all the wonderful features.
ReplyDelete/myself included ;-)
Our friends - Running Bare, and Correspondence Committee - who are working on this are honest-to-goodness pros!
I know littleoldlady. I saw some screen shots that RB posted. Should be real snazzy.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I think it's time for me to get heading to work. See you folks in a little while.
Later, Phil! :-)
ReplyDeleteYeah, we like it here. Sorta.
ReplyDeleteOK,lol, here's an analogy. We're redoing the upstairs bathroom. In a fit of brilliance we decided that at the same time we would have the contractor rip out and rebuild the back porch as a kitchen addition. So we have TYVEK all over the floor (keeps dirt off the rugs) and the back yard is a mudhole.
But it will be done soon (in geologic time, at least) and it will be wonderful.
I've done renovations. Take your estimate of time and money and multiply by 2.5.
ReplyDeleteGood morning.
ReplyDeleteLook for the market to open lower this morning and pull back as the economy performance continues to be disappointing. So far, that hope and change thing is not quite happening for the folks. Unemployment is at 14.5 million and growing. There are no signs of GDP growth. Do not be surprised at a 10% pull back by the market.
I suspect that Shimon Peres (a/k/a Israel's Used Car Salesman) is not told everything. (At least I HOPE he's not!)
ReplyDeleteIsrael: Military Strike on Iran Still 'On the Table'
"Israel has the right to defend itself and all options are on the table," Israel Lieutenant-General Gabi Askenazi said during a rare interview on Army Radio.
The army chief's statement comes after Medvedev said on Sunday that Israeli President Shimon Peres assured him it would not attack Iran.
3 wood! :-)
ReplyDeleteI keep missing you! WELCOME!
I am imagining that 14.5 million as a voting block in the next election. Bigger than the "Jewish vote" (thank goodness!) and the "Muslim vote", added together, multiplied by 2.
/I seem to be in math-mode today...
Jim in Virginia is here?
ReplyDelete3Wood is here?
This is like a reunion.
By the way, LOL, I had email from Mike C over the weekend.
Carl,
ReplyDeleteDID YOU!? How is he? (Can you send me his email?)
"Reunion" would have been a good name for this place, come to think of it... :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Carl! Hey there 3wood, how is the job search?
ReplyDeleteBelmont club has a post this morning questioning just what it is that Obama is about.
http://pajamasmedia.com/richardfernandez/2009/09/20/5994/#more-5994
"But in a world where negotiations with the Russians are not about negotiating with the Russians, where mandates for health insurance aren’t taxes, where President Obama is surprised that ACORN is receiving government money, and where 8 months after inauguration he has to ask himself what an organization he heads is trying to accomplish in Afghanistan, I think it is reasonable to argue that we are not observing or perhaps not understanding the President’s rational model."
(Someone needs to explain to me how to post links here.)
Good Morning Ya'll ... hope everybody had a great weekend ...
ReplyDelete3Wood ... if you are still here ... do you know where the H2A workers will fall into the insurance coverage area if an Obama healthcare bill is passed? ...
And ... um .. my suitcases are by the door ... when are we leaving this joint? ...
Now downstairs for coffee run ... brb ...
<*a* href="url goes here">link title goes here<*/a*>
ReplyDeleteRemove the asterisks.
Geepers taught me! :-)
I had email from Mike C over the weekend.
ReplyDeleteMore important, where is he?
LOL, a favor please- it appears that Attila the Hunny is a neighbor of mine. Can you ask her to send me an email? (I haven't found a way to contact here on here. Not that I've looked that hard.)
ZZ! :-)
ReplyDeleteMorning! I'm trying to remember if I've already had my daily allotment of coffee. If I have another cup to which I am not entitled talloldman gets shorted and I have to make another pot.
Then I end up having another cup, and too MUCH coffee!
/problems...problems! ;-)
I will, Jim, but you'll have to be patient.
ReplyDelete/she's sick in bed :-(
Ruh roh. Big accident between a Greyhound bus and a big truck, with injuries on the NJ Turnpike. :-(
ReplyDeleteComma deficient...math mode. Monday. Feh.
ReplyDeleteFox is live streaming that accident. I'd link it but it's preceded by a Viagra commercial, which after watching/listening to, no normal person would WANT to have sex!
ReplyDeleteIf I were to guess, the accident is just north of Exit 6 (going north) where the PA Turnpike feeds into the NJ Turnpike. Traffic is of course backed up for miles on both sides. Take an alternate route if possible.
/a public service announcement from the Fruitcup Network
JIV: Well, I have a 3 month severance/transition at the old job where I'm helping to wind things down and close the office. I still go in for a few hours a day, but I'm also job searching. I actually have a job interview this afternoon, would be a good move for me if it works out. So please pray for me.
ReplyDeleteTo zigzag, not sure what you mean by "H2A" workers, not familiar with that term. As far as I know there is still not a specific final bill to look at, they just keep doing a bait and switch trying to confuse people till they find something they can push through.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMedvedev claimed yesterday that BMD withdrawal was payback for allowing supplies to run into Afghanistan through them.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen any such statement but, yes, the BMD change in course and posture was indeed payment for access to Afghanistan through Russia's backyard.
Mornin Lol, Carl, sos, 3 wood, phil, jim, zig... all.
So...how’s everyone? Underpasses spruced-up, stocked with assorted varieties of canned fruitcup and ready to go? Prepared to enter the Girded Loin Zone?
'Morning, everybody!
ReplyDeleteVirtual Bakery making the daily delivery of bialys and bagels.
Thanks to...whatever realwest is calling himself now...for covering for me.
{R}
Have a great day!
enuff! :-)
ReplyDelete/verybigsigh...what a price to pay! :-(
maudgonne:-)
Thanks for feeding us every day! :-)
ZZ: My perception is that you would have to pay a fine or tax for those workers to have coverage.
ReplyDeleteGot to get ready to run into the office and keep packing things up.
Later.
Speaking of feeding...great video on the ULTIMATE PHILADELPHIA WAR.
ReplyDeleteBye, 3 wood! Best of luck on your job search!
ReplyDeleteI'm like...outta news. Anybody?
ReplyDelete/I'll have to start singing and THEN you'll be sorry! ;-p
3Wood ... thanks ... oh, hell, what's another tax on small business anyway ... WE ARE RICH!!! ... kill the rich ... blah ... hope the whole damn bill (whatever it eventually becomes) is killed ...
ReplyDeleteWhat are they thinking anyway trying to get this on when we are in such a mess right now in this country ... idiots ...
I am pretty dang cheery this morning aren't I ... must go play some music to get the funk out ... brb ...
Morning to all that have shown up since I left and arrived at work.
ReplyDeleteEnuff: I got my underpass all picked out. :)
/lots of room to expand....
I'm definitely going to make that second pot of coffee.
ReplyDelete/I read that as "underpants"! ;-)
littleoldlady: The scary thing is that "underpants" fits with the sentence. o_0
ReplyDeleteEvelyn Wood - phone home! ;-)
ReplyDeleteGood Morning C2ers. {lol} thanks for fruitcup. I hope everyone has a great week. Once we get over Monday, that is. :))
ReplyDeleteHeh. My brother got married at the Intercontinental.
ReplyDeleteThey put up metal detectors -- but, unfortunately, not mental ones -- at the Midtown hotel where hate-spewing Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will be spending the week.
Guests at the Intercontinental yesterday said they were not looking forward to sleeping under the same roof as the Iranian president.
"He knows he's hated around here, but I think unfortunately he thrives on it," said Rob O'Connor, a guest at the hotel.
"It's part of his persona -- he's just a racist, evil bastard and I don't want to share this state with him, let alone this planet."
Erik! :-)
ReplyDeleteMy third Monday song of the thread...
I have a feeling that I've run out of mOnday songs just as I've run out of news. :-/
ReplyDeleteGood morning Erik. Any plans for the week?
ReplyDeletelittleoldlady: Maybe it's a good thing to run out of news and Monday songs. :)
/BTW, I have a new blog post up
//blog pimping done for the day. :)
You're so YOUNG, Phil!
ReplyDeletePhil, lookin good. Superbly..uh..decorated also.
ReplyDeleteWalls...walls...with an ill wind brewing, you might consider the addition of a few walls.
LittleOldLady ... News is cancelled today ... nothing to see here ... move along ... WeeWeeWon has it covered ... you just go back to sleep ...
ReplyDeletelittleoldlady: It's all about attitude. I try to keep mine as positive as I can. Play lots of games, and try to avoid too much activities that will require ulcer medication. ;)
ReplyDeleteI actually was thinking of a nap, ZZ...
ReplyDeleteWhen I was your age I didn't need attitude.
ReplyDelete/I still had my looks!
enuff: Tents and tarps are a good start and easy to pack up and move. The main part at the moment is that it's part of a ravine trail system with good drainage and it would keep the rain off from over head.
ReplyDelete/there's also huge piles of softwood chips on the other side that would be good for starting and making fires.
I want to learn how to do "canning".
ReplyDelete/since I don't have enough moolah to hoard gold...
Also stock up on propane for the grill...a generator for the house...water...
What am I forgetting?
Wood for the fireplaces.
ReplyDelete/slaps head!
Me thinks this will be a cold winter...
Read and weep.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.newamerica.net/files/NAFPakistanSept09.pdf
NON-STOP
TO
KANDAHAR,
R
Hmmm, all depends on what you are stocking up for littleoldlady. I would suggest a couple books on how things were done in the pioneer days. (which reminds me I should print off the blacksmith manual) Heritage seeds would also be good for all sorts of plants, flowers and food type plants. Spare parts for things that can and will break down. Haynes manuals of vehicles.....
ReplyDelete/yeah I have thought about stuff like this before.....
RENDER! :-)
ReplyDeleteRender,
ReplyDeleteIt's 60 pages! :-(
/got synopsis?
Whoever is responsible for the OpenID/Blogger/Wordpress snafu needs a belt sander taken to their fingertips.
ReplyDeleteYou must be logged in (I am logged in).
Your entire comment has been deleted (in spite of being logged in).
Trying again are we? Your magic word is "facker" (I kid you not).
AD
NAUSEOUS,
R
Phil,
ReplyDeleteSo do I plan for the short term or the long term? Because they are two different scenarios...
Haniyeh: We won't respect any deal
ReplyDelete..and why the hell should they knowing Obama's going to look the other way on anything Tehran might pull.
Your magic word is "facker"
ReplyDelete...and with my Philadelphia accent, it comes out JUST RIGHT.
:)
ReplyDeleteLoL!
http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/archives/2009/09/pakistan_and_coin.php
THE
SOURCE,
R
littleoldlady: What are your short term goals?
ReplyDelete/my planning always takes both into account for stuff like that. ;)
Good morning Erik. Any plans for the week?
ReplyDeleteRunning some numbers of a gas station I saw last week. Meeting with the owner today at noon. If all looks good I will put in an offer so I can do a proper due diligence. If all goes well I could be up and running by November.
Render ... isn't there something we can spray on the poppy fields to make the land in Afg. not good for farming ... but I guess that would be considered unfair treatment ... blah ...
ReplyDelete(polishing nails) I printed the entire thing for some light bedtime reading. (speaking of which, I'm off for a quick nap)
ReplyDeleteMuch better then fiction.
SCARY
MONSTERS,
R
Render,
ReplyDeleteSo there is no way AT ALL to get enough troops in there to solve the problem?
/oy :-(
Phil,
ReplyDeleteBoth my short term and long term goal is ...SURVIVAL.
Erik the Red ... hope it works out and um ... welcome to the world of small business under Obama Administration ... bend over and get use to it ... you rich evil person ...
ReplyDeleteUS seeks consensus, not breakthrough at UN meet
ReplyDelete---“The meetings in New York will be an important opportunity for the United States to concert with its partners and be very plain about our shared objectives, what we expect of Iran, and what will define a productive outcome,”
---The high-level nature of the meeting is unusual, and will be complemented by a special session of the Security Council, presided over by US President Barack Obama, devoted to the issue of nuclear proliferation.
At the close of the meetings everyone will hold-hands and sing Kumbaya to be followed by chants of 'Death to Israel! Death to America!'
Zig - Best solution I've seen so far is to simply buy the entire poppy crop. The problem with that of course is who the sellers are...
ReplyDeleteSalting the earth isn't a good thing either. Those same fields are also used for food production when poppy season is over (mid-May). A-ghan already doesn't produce enough food for its current population.
I lean strongly toward moving the entire Coalition military operation into the FATA, lock, stock, and smoking barrels.
STRIKE
THE
HEAD,
R
LoL - In a word, nope. There never was.
ReplyDeleteThe question now is how do we get out without too much major damage.
SLEEPY
TIME,
R
Render ... works for me .. smoke em if ya got em ...
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday, {all y'all}
ReplyDeleteThe fruitcup is divine!
Caroline Glick: Our irredeemable international system
ReplyDeleteUntil Obama came along, Israel could afford not to make too much of the fact that its enemies control the UN-led system of international institutions because it could trust that the US would use its Security Council veto to prevent these forces from causing it any real harm. This is no longer the case. With the Obama administration fully on board the UN agenda, Israel and other threatened democracies like Honduras, Poland, the Czech Republic, South Korea and Japan will have to loudly proclaim the UN based international system's inherent moral, political and legal corruption and seek ways to undermine and weaken its power.
Hiya, redstate! :-)
ReplyDelete"You know, if — frankly, it’s not really "something I’ve followed closely. I didn’t even know that ACORN was getting a whole lot of federal money."
ReplyDelete/BWWWAAAAH!
See ya, Render! :-)
ReplyDeleteI'll bbiab...
Morning All
ReplyDeleteGreat three day mini vacation with my wife and the Son's HS marching Band were Grand Champions in the weekend contest. Life can be really good!
Hope all are well and in good spirits, now lets get started on the world problems, our leaders seem not to have a clue!
Top
The question now is how do we get out without too much major damage.
ReplyDeleteRender, we request -from our newest, bestest fiend and regional power- Iran their much needed assistance in stabilizing Afghanistan and maintaining security in Iraq while we remove our infidel asses from the region.
Eazy peezy.
Oh boy, Hillary ringing the opening bell at the NYSE.
ReplyDelete/DOW immediately dives 60 at the open
Hey,babe,does this make my face look fat ?
ReplyDeleteObama: We Need To Bail Out Newspapers Or Blogs Will Run The World
ReplyDeleteObama yesterday expressed concern at the sorry state of the news industry and said that he will look at a news paper bailout, because otherwise, blogs will take over the world, and that would be a threat to democracy, The Hill reports.
"I am concerned that if the direction of the news is all blogosphere, all opinions, with no serious fact-checking, no serious attempts to put stories in context, that what you will end up getting is people shouting at each other across the void but not a lot of mutual understanding," he said.
/I thought Sarah Palin ran the world from her Facebook page
eatitorwearit: Well that would be good, if the newspapers were big on fact checking all the time as well. How many times have they been caught out by blogs? Besides there are a lot of blogs that produce real news and good information.
ReplyDelete/Big Government for starters.
//I wonder if this has anything to do with the ACORN scandal from last week...
sasquatchonsteroids said...
ReplyDeleteHey,babe,does this make my face look fat?
/does this dress make me look insane?
eatit ... that is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen anyone wear ... wtf? ... and people say that there is not "Idol" worshipping going on? ... yeah right ... idiots ...
ReplyDeletePoland eyes closer EU security ties after shield
ReplyDeleteSome in Poland, a loyal NATO ally of Washington that sent troops to Iraq and Afghanistan, have been upset by Obama's move, fearing it may embolden a more assertive Russia. Moscow, a fierce critic of the shield, has welcomed the U.S. decision.
"We are a European country and here, first and foremost, we must seek security guarantees," he said, without elaborating.
Did anyone expect them to do anything else ?
/does this dress make me look insane?
ReplyDeleteOhfertheloveo'.....
Yes, it makes her look insane.
McChrystal's Redacted Assessment of Afghanistan - PDF warning.
ReplyDeleteNew thread upstairs, if anyone is interested :)
ReplyDeleteHi Running Bare.
ReplyDeleteNice looking website you've assembled here.
I'm just gettin' my feet wet