Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Liberty Pub - OPEN


C2ers definitely love their Liberty Pub, and they especially love the Bar Wench. Folks, give it up for Brandy tonight - she's doing a fantastic job. Follow The Rule™ please, and have a great time with all your old friends and the occasional new one who wanders in. We're digging this whole thing, hard.

212 comments:

  1. Missed it "that" much. You're good Callahan, even at 2a.m. Gotta love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First round on Cal? Coming right up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tunage on the juke box, Bar Wench!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mich Ultra for me. Gotta watch those carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall has arrived in the Northwet. Wet and mid 50's

    Time to light the fire....

    Bar Wench, hot chocolate with a shot of peppermint schnapps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm about to park myself in front of the boob-tube. Any suggestions?
    Can't decide between "Swords" and "The Office". Both reruns...Maybe "Hell's Kitchen" will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fallish here in the deep south, too. Down in the low 50's tonight. I made chili.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lincolntf - 3 hours of the office tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. JCM, don't know where you are (and for your privacy's sake, I'm not asking), but we just got caught in a downpour like you wouldn't believe, with blinding hail. Did you see that? (Puget Sound area here.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brandy I'll have a warm glass of Jamesons.
    No ice -no water. That would only wake me up some.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  11. midwestgak said...

    Good call. I almost always end up picking "The Office", no matter how many times I've seen the episode. I don't know why it's so funny, it just is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bar Wench - Hennessy in an extra large snifter - warmed please.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lord, I worked as a waitress when I was younger. Never in a bar; food service. That is the hardest physical work I have ever done in my life. Plus, you gotta be nice to people. Even the assholes. Even the assholes who don't tip. It's terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My 19 year old daughter just started watching The Office. She loves it; but then, we have the same sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here's you warm Jamesons, Cal.

    Coming right up, Gak.

    ReplyDelete
  16. redstateredneck said...

    You watching now?
    Kevin is rocking out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When you get a free hand can I have my usual please Brandy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lincolntf said...

    Good call. I almost always end up picking "The Office", no matter how many times I've seen the episode. I don't know why it's so funny, it just is.

    I know what you mean. I love the looks between the characters and the camera and the "cameo" interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hennessey right here for you, Gak This will warm you up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You watching now?
    Kevin is rocking out.


    Fixing to. Gotta change from FNC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Bar Wench - it's just the right temp.

    ReplyDelete
  22. AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!
    Michael Moore commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not to dwell on a TV show, but if anyone just saw the "marking the Asian girl" scene, then that is why this show is funny.
    It's almost too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice song, Phil. Thanks for playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Where is Sasquatch tonight? Anybody check the stairwell?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Brandy you make a man feel so welcome. Thank you. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  27. P2 - that's beautif!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you Brandy! That'll be my drink to make me sleepy enough.
    Gonna see you all tomorrow and keep enjoying yourself. Now my usual farewell:
    - - -
    Gals, guys 'n 'menschen'.
    See y'all down the road.
    I love {y’all) Really!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Bar Wench said...

    Where is Sasquatch tonight? Anybody check the stairwell?


    He said that the dog was going to take him for a walk and a pee. I hope Sas didn't break loose and run away.

    ReplyDelete
  30. While folding laundry last night I decided to watch the new series Trauma.

    It was advertised as a drama, but's it's a comedy, Hey let's take this kid with a neck injury and carry him in arms! To funny!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bar Wench said...

    Where is Sasquatch tonight? Anybody check the stairwell?


    You mean we didn't install a carpet in the stairwell this afternoon?

    /hurriedly downs drink and checks back.

    ReplyDelete
  32. wEEt dreams Cal23. As always thanks buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You're most welcome, {Cal}. It's always good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nite {Callahan}. Doze off now. Oh, but be in bed first.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Night Callahan, don't take any wooden nickels.

    ReplyDelete
  36. redstateredneck said...

    Lord, I worked as a waitress when I was younger. Never in a bar; food service. That is the hardest physical work I have ever done in my life. Plus, you gotta be nice to people. Even the assholes. Even the assholes who don't tip. It's terrible.

    Amen rsrn

    I've been in food service for damn near 40 years. When I was in full service, food servers never wanted to wait on a table of women at lunch...always wanted separate checks and never tipped...lol

    Most assholes are just having a bad day. I never let them ruin my day, I go out of my way to treat them well. If they're still cranky when it's time to leave...screw'em!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gotta get clothes out of the dryer. I hate laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  38. One of my friends waitressed through college. Several female customers used to want to substitute the side orders. One gal had the nerve to ask if she could substitute a Margarita for her guacamole! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW Brandy, you look terrific as usual.

    Do something different with your hair tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  40. Jorline
    I feel your pain! I loved my good customers, but Lord. Oh, and during one period of my life I worked the graveyard shift at a Sambo's coffee shop on East Colfax in Denver, There are some very strange people who only come out at night. And they don't tip, either.
    Now, I'm going to get that laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  41. LOL JCM, we did the whole series last night.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks for noticing, Jorline.:-) What are you drinking tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  43. Why thanks, Pink. I like that song!

    Anything to drink tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  44. Bar Wench said...

    Thanks for noticing, Jorline.:-) What are you drinking tonight?

    Just water tonight Brandy, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Just, please, nobody play that damn, "Brandy" song. I hate that mofo with a passion.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Okay I checked. They did install a carpet this afternoon in the stairwell. For a moment there I thought the three of us ran over sos on the rush to the bar.

    ReplyDelete
  47. No thanks, Brandy, I'm sticking to my Diet Dr Pepper tonight. :-)

    Coming down with a cold, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I'm not a real Dr. Pepper person, but I think the diet tastes better than the regular.
    IMO

    ReplyDelete
  49. Here's some Dr. Pepper, Pink. Drinking it myself tonight.

    Hope you really aren't getting sick.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm having coffee -- I gotta stay up late and read a bunch of dreary student drafts. And they are dreary.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Don't anybody drink after Pinky just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  52. redstateredneck said...

    Just, please, nobody play that damn, "Brandy" song. I hate that mofo with a passion.

    LMAO

    What about this tune?

    ReplyDelete
  53. Pink, maybe you should try some hot tea with honey and little lemon. It will soothe your throat.

    ReplyDelete
  54. History.

    I'm reading bunches of papers comparing Old Testament material (specifically Judges and I Samuel) with Herodotus as examples of historical writing. The papers either focus on the question of genre (how does one define "history" as a distinct form of writing) or the social and political function of history in early societies.

    I'm sitting on about 50 first drafts right now. Scintillating.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Good choice, Wench! Nothing like a little Irish music to whet your thirst.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Jorline
    You suck.

    Lucius
    I do not envy you your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thanks Gak, I may do just that. So far it's just a head cold thing, as though someone blew a ton of pollen into my house.

    ReplyDelete
  58. The Dachshund Pack is telling me that mr hightechredneck is home. Let me go greet my lord and master.

    ReplyDelete
  59. That sounds downright painful, Lucius.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Pink - take care, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Excellent pick JCM. I don't really feel like rock and or roll tonight. Just want to feel mellow.

    ReplyDelete
  62. redstateredneck said...

    Jorline
    You suck.


    :( You said Brandy...not Mandy...lol

    ReplyDelete
  63. Perhaps not -- when I drink Tequila, Elvis takes over my body.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I thing that DEZ and Sas have got side tracked. Maybe kidnapped even.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I think that DEZ and Sas have got side tracked. Maybe kidnapped even.

    Will. Not. Make. Comment. About. Alien. Probes.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Don't tell me DEZ is trying to probe sas......

    I warned him, if he started probing folks I'd have to call MIB.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Lucius:
    Perhaps not -- when I drink Tequila, Elvis takes over my body
    Might make for some interesting comments on those papers!

    ReplyDelete
  68. JCK, my brain is flat out refusing to read that as 'probe sas'. Dunno why.

    ReplyDelete
  69. mr hightechredneck is playing with his new Dell 10" mini, He flies, so he got it to keep all his flight stuff on. It's got a surprisingly decent keyboard for something so small.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Might make for some interesting comments on those papers!

    Mostly I want to write "I am dumber now for having read this." But that wouldn't be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Thanks Pink, Blue Rodeo is nice. Glad to see we finally got some Canadian content tonight.

    /yeah, yeah, I am slacking.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Jorline
    Brandy, Mandy,, it's all crap. And none of that Honey shit, either.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Thanks for posting this, Pi Guy ....love Whittle, admire the heck out of Brietbart and those two kids. Lots of gumption.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Pi Guy
    I bookmarked it for later viewing. Bill Whittle is usually right on.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I just think it's even more insulting to these ACORN dumbasses that they were brought down by a couple of kids who looked like they were going to a Halloween party.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Pink Freud said...

    I think that DEZ and Sas have got side tracked. Maybe kidnapped even.

    Will. Not. Make. Comment. About. Alien. Probes.


    At first I thought you said Anal Probe...no probe jokes tonight please.

    ReplyDelete
  77. I have a pretty good joke to post. Anyone game?

    ReplyDelete
  78. Bar Wench - do you have a basket of thick hot, beer batered onions rings back there?

    ReplyDelete
  79. I wonder why it is that aliens only abduct rednecks with missing teeth?
    Not implying that DEZ and Sas are rednecks with missing teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Jorline said... At first I thought you said Anal Probe...no probe jokes tonight please.

    OK now we know where your mind is. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  81. Pink Freud said...

    This, Jorline?

    LOL!


    Holy Crap...rsrn's loading both barrels.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Always, Erik. Your jokes are what first made you into one of my favorite posters.

    ReplyDelete
  83. MMmm, gak, good idea. How about a blooming onion? They're only like 2,000 calories or something.

    ReplyDelete
  84. No Brandy Mandy or Honey songs? How about Mrs. Jones?

    What kind of hat is this guy wearing? LOL

    ReplyDelete

  85. Holy Crap...rsrn's loading both barrels.


    rsrn?

    ReplyDelete
  86. redstateredneck said...
    MMmm, gak, good idea. How about a blooming onion? They're only like 2,000 calories or something.

    Remember that stupid hair color commercial that said, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful?"

    Well, don't hate me because I don't count calories. I have to work at staying in triple digit poundage.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Erik The Red said...

    OK now we know where your mind is. :)))


    What...What?

    *channeling Vinnie Barbarino*

    ReplyDelete
  88. Bar Wench said...
    Here you are, Gak. Enjoy!

    Nice and crunchy. Yummm.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Proof of what can happen if a wife drags her husband along to go Shopping....


    Dear Mrs. Murry,

    Our store is considering banning your family from ever shopping with us,
    Unless your husband stops his antics. Below is a list of offenses over the past few months all verified by our surveillance cameras.

    MEMO Re: Complaints
    15 Things Mr. Wayne Murry has done while his spouse is shopping:


    1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's
    Carts when they weren't looking.

    2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute
    Intervals.

    3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to tampons section.


    4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official tone,"Code 3" in housewares..... and watched what happened.


    5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and asked to put a bag of M&M's on lay-by.


    6. September 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

    7. September 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the shoppers he'd invite them in if they'll bring pillows from the bedding department.

    8. September 23: When a clerk asks if they can help him, he begins to cry and asks, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"


    9. October 4: Looked right into the security camera; used it as a mirror, picked his nose, and ate it.


    10. November 10: While handling guns in the hunting department asked the clerk if he knows where the antidepressants are.


    11. December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously, loudly humming the "Mission Impossible" theme.


    12. December 6: In the auto department, practiced his "Madonna look" using different size funnels.


    13. December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browse through, Yelled "PICK ME!" "PICK ME!"


    14. December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker he
    Assumes the foetal position and screams "NO! NO! It's those voices again!!!

    And; last, but not least!

    15. December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited a while; then yelled, very loudly, "There is no toilet paper in here!"

    ReplyDelete
  90. I don't count calories either. My math skills are not up to that level.

    I'm reading a paper in which I think I've struck out about half of it so far as either redundant or irrelevent. And this is not an effort to pad -- it is simply a function of never having learned how to write.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Wench:
    What kind of hat is this guy wearing? LOL
    A fuzzy fez? Song is okay, though. I don't have that many songs that I truly hate. Just Brandy, Mandy & Honey.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Lucius
    They don't teach basic skills any more. Too busy testing to teach.

    ReplyDelete
  93. ETR,

    The court settlement was supposed to be SEALED!

    Where did you get that!

    ReplyDelete
  94. redstateredneck said...

    I don't have that many songs that I truly hate. Just Brandy, Mandy & Honey.

    Sounds like a PEP Boys commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Pretty good, Erik. LOL!

    Find us another.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Erik The Red said...

    Proof of what can happen if a wife drags her husband along to go Shopping....

    Too damn funny. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Jorline
    Sounds like a PEP Boys commercial.
    I hate Pep Boys, too. mr hightechredneck is an independent auto parts store owner.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Erik the Red: Very funny! I might try a few of those.

    My daughter is taking a stand-up comedy class. Anyone mind if I try out one of her jokes on you all?

    ReplyDelete
  99. I think mr hightechredneck and I went Christmas shopping together maybe once in 32 years of marriage. It was not a good bonding experience for either of us.

    ReplyDelete
  100. What do you call a hula hoop with a nail in it?






    A navel destroyer.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Dopp
    A standup comedy class? I didn't know there was such. Lay it on us.

    ReplyDelete
  102. rsrn

    I batting around 125 with you tonight.

    Dance?

    ReplyDelete
  103. OK pink, you asked.

    Mid-life Crisis

    A middle-aged businessman took a young woman half his age as his wife.
    The fantasy of having a young woman in his bed soon became a nightmare
    when he found that he could not last long enough to satisfy his young
    bride.

    His wife, as understanding as she was exciting, told him that all was
    well even if he was quick to get out of the saddle. Determined to
    satisfy this sweet young thing, the man visited the doctor to get some
    advice.

    "Doctor, I can't seem to hold back for very long when I make love to my
    young wife and I can't satisfy her. What can I do?"

    The doctor smiled, patted him on the shoulder, and said in a
    professional manner, "Try a bit of self-stimulation before having
    intercourse with your wife and you'll find that you'll last longer and
    ultimately satisfy her."

    "Okay, Doctor. If you think that will help."

    Later that afternoon, his young bride called him at work to let him know
    that she would be attacking him at the front door when he arrived home.
    "Be prepared, my darling. I'm going to ravish you," she cooed over the
    phone.

    Undaunted, the man decided to follow the doctor's advice. But where? In
    the office? The Xerox room? What if someone walked in on him? He got in
    his truck and began the journey home. Soon he decided he would find a
    spot on the road to pull over, climb underneath the truck and pretend to
    be inspecting the rear axle, and do the deed there. A moment later, he
    pulled over, crawled beneath the truck, closed his eyes tightly,
    fantasized about his young wife, and began his "therapy".

    A few minutes later, just as he was about to complete his therapy
    session, he felt someone tugging on his pants leg. Keeping his eyes
    tightly shut to avoid ruining the fantasy he was enjoying, he said,
    "Yes?"

    "Sir, I'm with the Police Department. Could you tell me what you are
    doing, please?" said the officer.

    "Yes, officer, I'm inspecting my truck's rear axle," he replied
    confidently.

    "Well, why don't you check the brakes while you're down there. Your
    truck rolled down the hill a few minutes ago."

    ReplyDelete
  104. Husbands and wives shopping in the same store at the wife's behest is a recipe for many disasters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  105. Jorline
    Dance?
    Why, thank you...I'd love to (but not to you know what songs).

    ReplyDelete
  106. Redstate: yes indeed. She's taking it for her senior class project, although it's an adult class and she needed special permission because she's only 17. Here goes:

    Crying actually makes sense when you're a kid, because it helps you get what you want. You cry and you get that new toy, you get to stay up later, you get mommy to stop drinking.

    [Sad face] That's not true. Mommy never stops drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  107. doppelganglander said... My daughter is taking a stand-up comedy class. Anyone mind if I try out one of her jokes on you all?

    I would LOVE to hear them. As long as they are not copyrighted. I am always looking for new email material.

    ReplyDelete
  108. rsrn

    Forgot to slide this in there.

    This guys can move.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Funny, Erik.

    P2
    I don't know why any woman would want her husband to go shopping with her unless that's the only way to get the money and the credit cards.

    ReplyDelete
  110. PaladinPhil said...

    Husbands and wives shopping in the same store at the wife's behest is a recipe for many disasters. :)


    Add two young daughters to the equation. NOT GOOD.

    When I need new clothes, which I do now, I go to the store alone. I pick one of each that fits and that I like and come home and ask Mrs. Red to go back and buy the rest.I HATE shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  111. OK pink, you asked.

    Hahahahaha! You got me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  112. Plus I have been told, by the girls in my family, that I am colour blind and can not match.

    ReplyDelete
  113. redstateredneck said...

    Jorline
    Dance?
    Why, thank you...I'd love to (but not to you know what songs).


    OK...those slow songs make me cry anyway. My nose would start running and I would use your shoulder as a hankie.

    ReplyDelete
  114. redstate, you too? I laughed my ass off. When she has her debut in two weeks, I'll be sitting in the audience with a beer.

    ReplyDelete
  115. dopp, that is a good one. To become a true comic is hard. Most today rely on fowl language to get their laughs. It can be funny as hell, but it is an aide not the substance.

    ReplyDelete
  116. Dopp, maybe it's me, but ...where's the humor?

    ReplyDelete
  117. I did stand up comedy for some years. But then I had to sit down.

    ReplyDelete
  118. And most of the good jokes are in the delivery. Stand up has got to suck. You have to read the audience and be able to think on your feet. Adapt or go down in flames.

    ReplyDelete
  119. Erik: When it comes to guy clothes it's always good to bring a woman along to make sure you are stylish enough. Other wise....RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  120. Pink Freud said...

    Dopp, maybe it's me, but ...where's the humor?


    It is in the delivery. Hard to do stand up in print.

    ReplyDelete
  121. Jorline
    This guy can move

    LMAO! ! !
    He's really good. I sent that to my kid.

    ReplyDelete
  122. Hard to do stand up in print.

    Damn straight -- these screens are way too short for that.

    I suppose I could just do a "head shot" but then you'd be looking up nose, sort of like the the Blair Witch Project, except without the dead body in the bag. Unless you're into that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  123. Bar Wench said...

    Who's ready for a cold one?


    I have been jumping up and down for 5 minutes. Thanks BW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  124. Pink, it's okay if you didn't think it was funny. For me, it's in her delivery. She's 17, looks about 14, and has a real deadpan style. If she'll let me, I'm going to post her debut on You Tube.

    Erik, it's incredibly hard. I would not have the nerve to do it. And this is a kid whose only performing experience was playing cello in the middle school orchestra. I'm really proud that she was willing to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  125. This kid can really sing. She was probably about thirteen when this was recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  126. Stevie Wonder and Tiger Woods are in a bar.

    Tiger turns to Stevie and says, 'How's the singing career going?'

    Stevie replies, 'Not too bad. How's the golf?'

    Woods replies, 'Not too bad, I've had some problems with knee and my
    swing, but I think I've got that right, now.'

    Stevie says, 'I always find that when my swing goes wrong, I need to
    stop playing for a while and not think about it. Then, the next time I
    play, it seems to be all right.'

    Tiger says, 'You play GOLF?'

    Stevie says, 'Yes, I've been playing for years'.

    Tiger says, 'But -- you're blind! How can you play golf if you can't
    see?'

    Stevie Wonder replies, 'Well, I get my caddy to stand in the middle of
    the fairway and call to me.. I listen for the sound of his voice and
    play the ball towards him. Then, when I get to where the ball lands,
    the caddy moves to the green or farther down the fairway and again I
    play the ball towards his voice.'

    'But, how do you putt?' asks Tiger

    'Well', says Stevie, 'I get my caddy to lean down in front of the hole
    and call to me with his head on the ground and I just play the ball
    towards his voice.'

    Tiger asks, 'What's your handicap?'

    0AStevie says, 'Well, actually -- I'm a scratch golfer.'

    Woods, incredulous, says to Stevie, 'We've got to play a round
    sometime.'

    Stevie replies, 'Well, people don't take me seriously, so I only play
    for money, and never play for less than $10,000 a hole. That a problem?'

    Woods thinks about it and says, ' I can afford that, OK, I'm game for
    that. $10,000 a hole is fine with me. When would you like to play?'

    Stevie Wonder says, 'Pick a night'.

    ReplyDelete

  127. This kid can really sing. She was probably about thirteen when this was recorded.

    She does a better Maria Muldaur than Maria Muldaur.

    ReplyDelete
  128. Bar Wench: I don't care for the song, but she has got a good voice. Last year on American Idol (don't judge), one of my favorites was Allison Iraheta. She was on a Spanish-language show when she was about 14 or 15 and she just killed.

    Total Eclipse of the Hear

    ReplyDelete
  129. Good evening, enuff! How's everything? Something to drink?

    ReplyDelete
  130. A retired man went into the Job Center in Downtown Denver, and saw a card advertising for a Gynecologist's Assistant. Interested, he went in and asked the clerk for details.

    The clerk pulled up the file and read; "The job entails getting the ladies ready for the gynecologist. You have to help the women out of their underwear, lay them down and carefully wash their private regions, then apply shaving foam and gently shave off the hair, then rub in soothing oils so they're ready for the gynecologist's examination."

    "The annual salary is $65,000, and you'll have to go to Billings, Montana, which is about 550 miles from here."

    "Good grief, is that where the job is?"

    "No sir....that's where the end of the line is right now."

    ReplyDelete
  131. Thanks, Wench, but you don't have to put it in a glass. Bottle is fine with me.
    I'm such an easy bar patron.

    ReplyDelete
  132. I just had a call from a Charity asking me to donate some of my clothes to the starving people throughout the world.

    I told them to F--- off!!

    Anybody who fits into my clothes isn't starving!!

    ReplyDelete
  133. Duh. That should be "Total Eclipse of the Heart."

    ReplyDelete
  134. Jorline
    My doc could take a few hints from that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  135. Me either, in re the song, Dopple. She's got some much better ones but not finding too much on You Tube, unless you guys want to look at Katie Couric for awhile before Rene sings Summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  136. Jorline said...

    Stevie Wonder says, 'Pick a night'.


    I'll never be able to think of Stevie Wonder again without thinking of this.

    ReplyDelete
  137. Sorry, folks, had a friend stop over I haven't seen for at least 6 months. Good guy, they just had a girl, a month old now. She's beautiful, let me tell you. But what baby isn't ?

    NO JOKES about my baby pics please !!

    //

    ReplyDelete
  138. Wench, I'd like one of those exotic Miller Lite's please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  139. Clothes for starving people? ? ?

    dopp
    Total Eclipse of the Hear...what? come again?

    ReplyDelete
  140. True story:

    When I was in the fourth grade, some kids came up to me on the playground and said, "Go ask Mike how his grandmother's tap dancing lessons are coming along."

    So I found Mike, and I asked him. His nine year-old face stared back at me, and he said - in total seriousness - "My grandma doesn't have any legs."

    It was a JOKE, but of course I didn't know that, and I was so upset...I felt horrible. They all got a big laugh out of it!

    Now, reflecting on it, maybe it's 'cause I don't have kids - but I'm surprised that a bunch of children that age could pull off something like that. They did a very good job, actually, with the straight-faced, deadpan thing. Or maybe I was just too naive at nine years-old myself to doubt them, but an adult would have.

    I will never forget that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  141. Tough day at the office, please provide a frosty brew for a tired Dog, Miss Wench

    ReplyDelete
  142. Squatch, get ready.

    Know what I mean?

    Get. Ready.

    ReplyDelete
  143. Bar Wench said...
    Who's ready for a cold one?

    I'm good. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  144. SaS we were worried that DEZ got a hold of you and was trying to probe ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  145. NO JOKES about my baby pics please !!

    //


    Couldn't tell if it was you or not. For some reason all squatch pictures are blurred. Don't any of you use a tripod?

    ReplyDelete
  146. Sasquatch! Welcome. Are you drinking tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  147. Correspondence Committee said...

    Kids are meaner than hell sometimes.
    Man, I don't think I could've pulled that one off.

    ReplyDelete
  148. CC
    You were played. Pretty sick joke, though. Kids are like that. They don't think of the consequences beyond the initial haha.

    ReplyDelete