Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Good morning, afternoon, evening *everyone*!™

Help yourselves!

195 comments:

  1. HAPPY TUESDAY, Y'ALL!

    Let's see what's in the news, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Obamabot gets a clue...

    Richard Cohen: Time to Act Like a President

    Sooner or later it is going to occur to Barack Obama that he is the president of the United States. As of yet, though, he does not act that way, appearing promiscuously on television and granting interviews like the presidential candidate he no longer is. The election has been held, but the campaign goes on and on. The candidate has yet to become commander in chief.

    Take last week's Group of 20 meeting in Pittsburgh. There, the candidate-in-full commandeered the television networks and the leaders of Britain and France to give the Iranians a dramatic warning. Yet another of their secret nuclear facilities had been revealed and Obama, as anyone could see, was determined to do something about it -- just don't ask what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OhFerGoodnessSakes!

    Recovery.Gov: Obama Team Redesigns Stimulus Site -- for $9.5M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's try this again, this time with a link:

    As long as we're talking news, how about Roman Polanksi's arrest in Switzerland, as they prepare to extradite him to the US?

    ReplyDelete
  5. littleoldlady said...
    OhFerGoodnessSakes!

    Recovery.Gov: Obama Team Redesigns Stimulus Site -- for $9.5M


    I had semi-decent web design skills. I could probably get that site working for a mere $8.2 million!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had semi-decent web design skills. I could probably get that site working for a mere $8.2 million!

    ...and then you could afford to adopt me! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Bad Times for Capitalism, Socialists in Europe Suffer

    It galls me that Europe is starting to get it and we're not even close.

    /grrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's a current headline you probaly thought we could safely leave in the 20th century:

    Tapes may prove Nixon involved in cover-up

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I get it. It's a conspiracy, isn't it? You two are TRYING to depress me, aren't you?

    Fess up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pi Guy said...
    It's not much better when people are using your tax dollar while actually working, either.


    Oops again! That link should be this link.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pink Freud said...
    Ok, I get it. It's a conspiracy, isn't it? You two are TRYING to depress me, aren't you?

    Fess up!


    Me? I'm just trying to keep up with the news. The fact that it's so depressing is completely different.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mornin Lol :) Pi thanks for the fruitcup...the UCF's yesterday had me spitting nails all day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's 2:30 here, and my eyelids are heavy.

    Good night, all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. enuff! :-)

    UCF's? Under City Freeways?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Urinated Crunchy Flakes©

    Morning Pink.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, yes. I have some Photoshop updating to attempt. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What happens when the rich refuse to be eaten?

    It is said that the only certainties in life are death and taxes but there is a third: tax avoidance -- and as Uncle Sam reaches deeper into our pockets, Americans will just say "no." Forget saving the whales; save the goose! And rest assured, it will be saved regardless of what White House cooks have in mind.

    That'll kinda put a crimp in The Agenda, no?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol, tends to crimp it just a bit.

    Thursday's meeting with Iran should be interesting; since talking about Iran's nuclear program is off the agenda, my guess is they'll get down to the important stuff - the latest in Tehran fashion.

    You know we're in trouble when NPR publishes: ---And if the Security Council remains deadlocked, there is still much the U.S. could do with a "coalition of the willing" to lock Iran out of the global financial order (the Bush administration pursued a similar strategy with North Korea and then abandoned it).

    The president also should, but almost surely will not, signal that any failure to attain such results would put the military option back on the table.---

    geesh

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glick (hammers and) nails Obama.

    Since Obama took office, he has been abandoning one US ally after another while seeking to curry favor with one US adversary after another. At every turn, America's allies - from Israel to Honduras, to Columbia, South Korea, and Japan to Poland and the Czech Republic - have reacted with disbelief and horror to his treachery. And at every turn, America's adversaries - from Iran to Venezuela to North Korea and Russia - have responded with derision and contempt to his seemingly obsessive attempts to appease them.

    The horror Obama has instilled in America's friends and the contempt he has evoked from its enemies have not caused him to change course. The fact that his policies throughout the world have already failed to bring a change in the so-called international community's treatment of the US has not led him to reconsider those policies. As many Western Europeans have begun to openly acknowledge, the man they once likened to the messiah is nothing but a politician — and a weak, bungling one at that. Even Britain's Economist is laughing at him. But Obama is unmoved by any of this, and as his speech at the UN General Assembly made clear, he is moving full speed ahead in his plans to subordinate US foreign policy to the UN.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Right. "Obama" and "military option" in the same sentence.

    /I'd like whatever it is THEY'RE smoking!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol...Obama's hitchin-up with the Tyrannical-4 - let the rest eat UCF's.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That and the U.N. which should strike fear in the hearts of EVERY American.

    :-(

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well at least NPR knows, 'Military option, even a bluff? - NO WAY!'

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lol there's real bad stuff happening in Mexico(obviously)... This Honduras direction Obama's taken better not start trouble down there.

    I keep getting whiffs of something rotten.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Friggin Utube keeps blowin-up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really admire how the Hondurans have handled this. That little country standing up to the President of the United States! WOW. Unfortunately, the wrong people are going to learn from this lesson. :-(

    Can you share what's going on in Mexico?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good monring everyone!

    Honey is in the house

    Oh, and is there such a thing as 'reporting'?

    Somebody tell the NYT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Media: The New York Times, still smarting after losing scoops to Fox News, has thrown in the towel, vowing to avoid future embarrassment by monitoring the cable channel.

    Bwahahaha! Fox should send them a bill for it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. lol
    ." Forget saving the whales; save the goose!

    Unfortunately, the Swiss bank option is off the table. Seriously. We sued the Swiss and they coughed up everyone banking with UBS.

    Nowhere to Run

    ReplyDelete
  30. Would that be the same "military option" the Great Zero and his minions have been busy hacking and slashing from the budgets?

    How many F-22's can we afford to lose over Iran, now that they're irreplaceable?

    Why are they even asking? The Great Zero will call a committee to present its findings to a panel of experts at a random date to be selected by a group of visiting professors and journalists from the ten least democratic nations currently in existence (to be determined at a later date) before he, the Great Zero, will reveal his plans on anything and everything, or sometime after the next US presidential election is over, whichever comes first...

    GET
    THE
    MEMO,
    R

    ReplyDelete
  31. Render!

    I would smile at you, but enuff and I are cringing together under an overpass...

    Jeez, that was a perfect description of the New Reality. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lol 7-IED attacks attributed to eco-terrorists since, I believe, mid-month.

    2 targeted killings of foreigners in Puerto Vallarta.

    Decapitations and murders all over the friggin place - drug cartels at minimum(but not sure whose).

    I guess I should make-up a summary-table of this stuff... Strange things brewing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Honey,

    Which is why my next business will be selling mattresses!

    In any case...money doesn't matter much anymore. If you have some, invest in gold. If you don't (like me) invest in food.

    /I'm finally able to put that old, dusty MBA to good use...

    ReplyDelete
  34. enuff,

    In-country terrorists or foreigners?

    Venezuela's long arm? Hugo is making international agreements left and right. Yesterday it was Libya, I think...(?)

    ReplyDelete
  35. *shuffle shuffle* Morning all....

    looks like a real dreary day out there.

    ReplyDelete
  36. enuff, littleoldlady, two Canadians were murdered there last week I think. I think that Mexico is no longer the place to go for vacations. An older couple was murdered in their hotel room two years ago and the Mexico police accused two....CANADIAN females. They were later cleared, crime still unsolved.

    ReplyDelete
  37. lol
    If you have some, invest in gold. If you don't (like me) invest in food.

    You are not too far off. I have to watch the agricultural markets and I've been thinking about playing the commodities markets.

    Food is going to become VERY expensive. Serious water issues.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Man you people are real rays of sunshine this morning. I wonder what the going price of crates of canned beans will be in the future....

    /checks storage space

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lol - some is definitely in-country but that's the problem, sorting out who is doing what to whom. Lot's of fingers in the pot(no pun).

    ReplyDelete
  40. Honey,

    You're still talking about outside investments. I'm talking tangibles - that you can keep in your home - along with the guns, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  41. /shakes head

    If anybody told me just a few years ago that I'd be HAPPY we have guns I would have told them they're crazy. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  42. Phil, it looks like the two last week were targeted by some cartel.

    ReplyDelete
  43. littleoldlady: Welcome to the crazy years, I hope they are short in span.

    ReplyDelete
  44. lol
    that you can keep in your home

    Oh, the barter system? Not there yet, dear.

    If things keep going as they are, I expect The Won to be impeached.

    Hubby is up. Gotta get him off to a fundraiser. BIAB

    ReplyDelete
  45. ACK! The world is definitely coming to an end!

    ReplyDelete
  46. the chain is in a coffee war with Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds

    Gee I wonder why? What do those two companies have that Starbucks doesn't? Oh yeah, CHEAP coffee....

    ReplyDelete
  47. What'a hoot: Gaddafi, Chavez sign anti-terror treaty

    Stop the colonialism!!!!

    Good morning Atilla, Phil

    ReplyDelete
  48. Answer: realwest? ;-)

    /I promised enuff no music but I have to do SOMETHING to cut the stress...

    ReplyDelete
  49. And in the case of Dunkin' Donuts at least...GOOD coffee!

    /haven't had McDonalds' in years

    You folks who don't have Wawas don't know what you're missing!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Lol...don't know what's going on with Utube I click on a clip and keep getting message 'try later'.

    Surely their servers can handle one person? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  51. Good morning everyone. Thanks for fruitcup {lol}. I needz coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. McDonalds coffee has improved, we might not have Wawa's, but we do have Tim Horton's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Morning Erik. Just in time for me to head out the door. See you folks in a little while

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh, how I WISH they WERE back!

    The other day I was asked by a writer for a mainstream French newspaper to say something about the “return” of the neoconservatives. His thesis seemed to be that the shambles of Barack Obama’s foreign policy had, after only nine months, made what was thought to be the most discredited wing of an ostensibly brain-dead conservative movement relevant again. And France—no longer straining at the sight of Michelle Obama shopping in Paris’s 6th arrondissement—is taking notice.

    My answer was that the neocons are back because Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Kim Jong Il and Vladimir Putin never went away. A star may have shone in the east the day Barack Obama became president. But these three kings, at least, have yet to proffer the usual gifts of gold and incense and myrrh.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Good morning

    Look for the market to open on the downside this morning as investors look for some glimmer of good economic news out there.

    ReplyDelete
  56. FDIC Prepayment Likely for Banks

    WASHINGTON -- The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. is expected to propose Tuesday that the bulk of the banking industry prepay three years' worth of fees to replenish the fund that insures trillions of dollars of customers' deposits, people familiar with the matter said.

    Better Homes and Gardens does this, too. They keep sending me offers for 3 years worth of subscriptions. Problem is, can I be sure that they (or I!) will be around in 3 years?

    ReplyDelete
  57. Have a great day C2ers. I have a 9 am meeting and a hour and a half drive ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Seniors to take it in the pocket book.

    Diet COLA won't do
    Commentary: Bad news for the millions who depend on Social Security checks

    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/diet-cola-for-social-security-recipients-2009-09-29


    "For the first time in a generation, Social Security recipients will not get a cost-of-living increase in their monthly checks -- not next year nor the year after.

    As you can imagine, this is bad news for the millions of retirees who depend on their Social Security checks for their main source of income.

    Most seniors are struggling to maintain their standard of living in the face of soaring health care costs combined with the drop in the stock market, which has decimated their retirement accounts, and the record low interest rates they get on whatever savings they might have left.

    Because of the confluence of these factors, seniors had been especially looking forward to next year's cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) to help them cope. Now they will have to figure out how to live on less."

    I know my good friend Realwest has talked about this in the past. Interesting how the powers that be decided that the COLA was not needed, but they did increase the medicare costs to seniors, thus a net drop in discretionary income.

    In addition, just about every version of the proposed health care legislation in Washington involves transferring assets form the elderly by cutting existing medicare benefits and using it to pay for the "universal" health care coverage.

    Funny, I did not notice that Congress refused pay increases.

    Thoughts:

    1. I would love to see the Republicans come out with a proposal to tie their pay increases to social security raises, if the seniors don;t get a raise, then Congress does not get a raise.

    2. The GOP has a golden opportunity here to pick up a lot of senior citizen support if they would address this tendency by the Dem's to take money out of senior benefits to pay for their hand outs. Wake up GOP! Senior citizens vote, and every day more and more baby boomers join that group.

    ReplyDelete
  59. British GDP still contracting:

    British second-quarter GDP revised up to -0.6%
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/british-second-quarter-gdp-revised-up-to-06-2009-09-29

    "British gross domestic product shrank by 0.6% in the second quarter, revised up from an earlier estimate of a 0.7% fall, the Office for National Statistics reported Tuesday. The change reflected an upward revision to construction output, the ONS said. Compared to the same period a year ago, GDP fell 5.5%, unchanged from the previous estimate."

    First, this is not good news, that the GDP is still contracting. But the MSM will spin this as a positive and you watch, Obama will take credit for it.

    ReplyDelete
  60. "Absolutely wonderful: State Department: Gitmo Detainees Are "Refugees""

    I'm surprised that they do not give them a medal.

    By the way, I will never watch another minute of Law and Order, ever, after the cheap stunt they pulled the other night. And I was a big fan of that show for a lot of years.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Hey 3

    The Lame Stream Media will report that the economy shrank SUPRISINGLY less than expected in the second quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Good morning all. It's a beautiful day here in the suburbs of our Nation's Capitol.

    US Envoy's Sudan outreach criticized as naive
    "We've got to think about giving out cookies," said Gration, who was appointed in March. "Kids, countries -- they react to gold stars, smiley faces, handshakes, agreements, talk, engagement." .

    ReplyDelete
  63. Cookies? OY VEH! They think other countries react the same way the American voter does?

    Jim! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  64. 'Morning, everybody!

    Here are the bagels and bialys, and some cheese Danish.

    Business has really picked up in here! How much longer until the parking deck is finished?

    Have a great day, and I hope to catch up with you later.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Yep. Sudan is just like an eight year old kid. Give them a gold star and they will do whatever we ask.
    Naive?

    ReplyDelete
  66. Naive AND insulting.

    /two mints in one!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Morning to all that arrived while I was in transit to work. Definitely a day to stay inside today.

    ReplyDelete
  68. {littleoldlady}
    Hiya Blue, er Phil.
    Got to run. Play safe y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  69. See ya, Jim! :-)

    "People come and go so quickly here!"

    -- Dorothy, Wizard of Oz

    ReplyDelete
  70. Jim in Virginia
    from your link
    "They eat these people for dinner."

    Good. Lord.

    You know what? It might be time to revisit the Cloward Piven Strategy

    Honey is on the run. sheesh

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hell here's another thing that Teh One is against. Why won't he stand up against enemies foreign and domestic? Why do the little people get the shaft?

    ReplyDelete
  72. Will all the pundits who relied on the discredited 2007 NIE on Iran now admit that they were wrong? That they bought into and kept citing, without any serious questioning, the now clearly politically skewed analysis in the so-called National Intelligence Estimate of that year? You remember: the considered consensus wisdom of the entire U.S. intelligence community, which misled the world into believing there was nothing to worry about Iran’s nuclear program, that it had virtually ceased. When, in fact, out of the three components of a nuclear weapons program, at most one might have been suspended, if that.

    What? Me, worry?

    ReplyDelete
  73. Why won't he stand up against enemies foreign and domestic? Why do the little people get the shaft?

    Better question: Why did people vote for him?!

    ReplyDelete
  74. littleoldlady: HOPE! CHANGE! FREE UNICORNS FOR ALL!

    /dripping
    `
    `
    `
    \____/

    ReplyDelete
  75. {littleoldlady}
    {Phil}

    *drive-by hugging*

    ReplyDelete
  76. littleoldlady said...

    Better question: Why did people vote for him?!


    /that's easy
    , they're dumb as dirt

    ReplyDelete
  77. People voted for the Obamanable Snowjobman because it flattered their vanity. The whole campaign, from start to finish, was a carefully orchestrated attempt to play on people's desire to feel good about themselves.

    Sign of a scam -- anything that appeals primarily to greed and vanity.

    ReplyDelete
  78. {{RR}}

    /hope I didn't miss
    //busy writing and drafting

    ReplyDelete
  79. Well I hope that at least a percentage of the Dumb as Dirt figure out that they are Dumb as Dirt and stay HOME next time!

    /grrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  80. LoL -- I think a bunch of the dumb as dirters learned a valuable lesson. Let's hope they remember it come a year from November. The midterm elections will be critical.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Roman Polanski:
    http://www.salon.com/mwt/broadsheet/feature/2009/09/28/polanski_arrest/

    ReplyDelete
  82. Morning Arthur. Don't think I have seen you here before.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Lucius...

    ...from your lips to G-d's ears!

    Hiya, Arthur! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  84. OK, don't want to, but gotto go do stuff.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Tiny bubbles. Amazing what scientests think of exploring....

    ReplyDelete
  86. "Dude, we're getting another Dell.

    /really hated those commercials
    //and Dell ain't all it's cracked up to be, still though...

    ReplyDelete
  87. And know for something completely different.

    /need something to balance out all the horrible news

    ReplyDelete
  88. Wendy! :-)

    OUCH, is right!

    /and deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Good morning Wendy. That is bad news. Obama is on the way to become the worst president ever...

    ReplyDelete
  90. Drive by Howdy.

    Grabbing a fruitcup via the drive-thru.

    Hope everyone has a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Guten Morgen meine Freunden! I just popped in to say hello and then I am off to exploit the workers and reap obscene profits off the sweat and toil of the proletariat!

    I'll be back later on, counting my gold bars.

    ReplyDelete
  92. cripes, people are moving in out of here too bloody quickly. Won't anyone stick around?

    ReplyDelete
  93. Desert Dog!

    Hiiiiiiiiiii!
    Byeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  94. PP, We're still here. Just waiting on you to entertain us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  95. Good morning, {all y'all}!
    A lovely cool front came into the deep south last night and it's gorgeous today. It'll be gone and back to hot and muggy within a couple of days, though.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Desert Dog said...

    I'll be back later on, counting my gold bars.


    /if the economy collapses, they're best eaten with ketchup

    ReplyDelete
  97. /if the economy collapses, they're best eaten with ketchup

    That's why I am investing in canned beans. Great barter goods, good eating, and on those cold winter nights I will be warmed from within.....

    ReplyDelete
  98. and on those cold winter nights I will be warmed from within.....

    ...and so will the whole neighborhood. ;-)

    Hiya, red! :-)
    Hello, eatit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  99. Wendy said...

    That's a butt ugly avatar you got there.

    /wiping up the slobber must be a full time job

    ReplyDelete
  100. eatitorwearit,

    I HOPE you're not considering making fun of my Roxanne!

    /thems fightin' words...

    ReplyDelete
  101. That's a butt ugly avatar you got there.

    (cough)


    Bulldogs aren't for everyone. I happen to think they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  102. littleoldlady: Doing my part for global warming. I hate long winters. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  103. dang, it's been a long time since turn had fruitcup in the morning {LOL}. Good morning C2's! I was reading the book nook nic suggestions thread and I liked this one "All your books are belong to us." I didn't see this but how about simply "README"? Well this is turn folks, he tends to like things simple.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Well good moring y'all - from a COLD (46 degrees when I woke up and going all the way to 72 degrees) but bright and sunny Charlotte!
    Hope everyone is doing well this morning?!

    Oh, yeah, this isn't CP30, this is realwest - damn Typepad.

    ReplyDelete
  105. I hate winters ALTOGETHER, Phil.

    /and I'm thinking this one is going to be particularly despicable!

    ReplyDelete
  106. turn!!!

    So good to see you! :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  107. morning red, hey the weather in Sac really changed too. It went from the mid 90's to the mid 70's in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  108. Cats rulez.

    /dogs drulez

    ReplyDelete
  109. Hello {littleoldlady} and eatitorwearit and Turn
    and Wendy and {red}and PaladinPhil!!
    How are y'all doing today?!
    realwest

    ReplyDelete
  110. Hi LOL! Yeah, I'll be hanging out here if y'all don't mind. I value friendship above blind loyalty.

    ReplyDelete
  111. Turn: Another excellent suggestion, with the right touch of geekiness.

    realwest: Good morning, nice to hear you got some sun shining. Today here started off miserable. Looks like it has improved.

    /it stopped raining for one...

    ReplyDelete
  112. Good morning...CP30?...3CP0?...6p00e55005f9c78834?

    OH! realwest! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  113. redstateredneck,

    That was pretty much just an experiment to see if he'd tolerate them...which he did, to my amazement.

    When there is snow on the ground, he'll spend hours outside if I let him. Because bulldogs aren't heat/cold tolerant, he has to wear a neoprene vest and on sunny days he'll come in squinting with watering eyes (he's pretty low to the ground).

    ReplyDelete
  114. Hey, {real}, {turn}! I am lovin' this cool weather.

    ReplyDelete
  115. turn said...

    Hi LOL! Yeah, I'll be hanging out here if y'all don't mind. I value friendship above blind loyalty.


    /I don't think you're going to have much of a choice

    ReplyDelete
  116. Morning real, what the hell happened to your nic? It's fricking gobbletygook, HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  117. Turn: We just call him "Secret Agent Man".

    /would put up the song link if I was at home.
    //Some one help me out here, throw me a bone.

    ReplyDelete
  118. wendy
    I think he's precious! And as for low to the ground, I've got dachshunds. Can't get much lower than that. Poor old Sugarman this morning didn't want to go out. It was in the 50's and he figured a dachshund advisory bulletin had been posted.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  119. Morning Palidin, it is a little geeky but it should have meaning to just about everybody who would probably log on.

    ReplyDelete
  120. PaladinPhil said...

    Some one help me out here, throw me a bone.


    Secret Agent Man

    /like that?

    ReplyDelete
  121. Thanks eatitorwearit. :)

    /still can't get it but I think realwest may appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  122. Damn, too late. Y'all just go on ahead and listen to it twice.

    ReplyDelete
  123. Holy schmoley:

    ===The elites under attack complain that rowdy town halls are bad for civic discourse and democracy. But I contend that their empty dismissals of grass-roots anger are much more dangerous.

    If you talk in depth to self-described angry Americans -- as I have -- you don't hear raving demands or reckless hate. What you hear is fear.===


    Do read the whole thing. Work beckons, next stop - Houston.

    Until later...

    ReplyDelete
  124. Wendy, you have a bulldog? I'm thinking of getting one of those cute little good for nothing but loving little pugs when my oldest dog passes.

    ReplyDelete
  125. I've got a Johnny Rivers greatest hits CD at the lake house that I listen to when I'm over there. Have no idea where it came from.

    ReplyDelete
  126. Johnny Rivers, now there is a name and a song I haven't heard in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  127. turn,

    That song gets a lot of play around here. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  128. Good morning/afternoon everyone. How's your Tuesday going.

    I'm in the middle to doing a load of laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  129. {gal} ha the whole gang is here. Good morning ...

    ReplyDelete
  130. The market is pretty much flat at the moment as there is very little confidence right now in the economy.

    Oil is down to $66.02 and gold is at about $992

    ReplyDelete
  131. {turn}. Isn't it grand! Yes it is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  132. Yes Secret Agent Man gets a lot of play around here, cause Typepad has given me a number and takin' away my name!

    I honestly have no effin clue as to what happened; for the first 10 days or so when I posted using Typepad it came out realwest and then suddenly it became 6p00e55005f9c78834.
    Just effin' great. Not only does Typepad give me a number and take away my name, so I can become a Secret Agent Man, they then go broadcasting it all over the internet! Some "secret" agent man!

    Oh and {red} this isn't COOL WEATHER, in the mid to upper 40's is COLD WEATHER!!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  133. Hey hi {Gak}! Geez it's good to see you out here! How've you been doing? What's new?

    ReplyDelete
  134. Oh and {red} this isn't COOL WEATHER, in the mid to upper 40's is COLD WEATHER!!!

    Oh sure, cold to you. I will be dreaming of temperatures like that in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  135. Well 6p00e55005f9c78834 (that's a mouth full). Hi ya!

    I'm doing okay. Can I call you Typepad?/ Please?

    Good to see you too!

    ReplyDelete
  136. Good morning all.

    Real, check your email if you have not already.

    Turn, nice to see you. Welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  137. Hey there 3 wood - well do YOU have confidence in the economy right now?!?

    Don't know if you saw this but the unemployment rate for young Americans (defined as 16-24 year olds) is now 52% - worst since the Great Depression and worse than during WWII if you discount the "employees" of the US Military during WWII !

    ReplyDelete
  138. {red} I see you. And I'm glad!

    ReplyDelete
  139. {littleoldlady)! Hi!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  140. Gotta get the laundry out of the dryer. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  141. 3 wood said...

    The market is pretty much flat at the moment


    I prefer to think about it as not giving back yesterday on higher volume.

    /except for the NASDAQ

    ReplyDelete
  142. Hi 3W, yes long time no see. I missed your market updates and your sports tips. Speaking of oil, I had a wild idea last night. Since Iran imports all of their gas it would be a really clever way to cripple their transportation if we could somehow spike their shipments with some additive that would slowly yet effectively wear the engines out. We need secret agent man!

    ReplyDelete
  143. Morning, C2ers.
    Inject me with the high test.

    ReplyDelete
  144. PaladinPhil - well get back to me in a couple of weeks then - I'll probably be bitchin' and moaning about how much colder here in North Carolina THEN then it is NOW. LOL!
    Whereabouts are you that these cold temps today are gonna look good to you soon?!?

    And {Gak} NO - PLEASE DO NOT CALL ME TYPEPAD , MY NIC IS REALWEST and once we get our "real" site up and running it'll show as realwest, with my avatar and everything.

    And yes, I did see my e-mail 3 wood, but didn't respond cause you said you were running out, are you back now?!?

    ReplyDelete
  145. { { {GAK} } }!
    I had to log off for a minute and when I came back, here you are! So glad to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  146. I can't wait for your new site to be up real, ANYTHING would be better than this blogspot POS. Who is working on the site, I'm curious?

    ReplyDelete
  147. ATTENTION! :-)

    We're just a few comments away from paging (curse you, blogspot!) so I've posted a quickie new thread ↑ as a placeholder until Bare puts up his much more interesting Morning Open.

    Everyone...TO THE STAIRS!

    ReplyDelete
  148. "Hey there 3 wood - well do YOU have confidence in the economy right now?!?"

    Real, I have no confidence in the economy right now, for several reasons.

    1. I see no evidence of GDP growth or employment increases. I see incomes still shrinking.

    2. I see an Administration in Washington that is hostile to business and to private wealth.

    ReplyDelete
  149. SOS, that site won't load ... I'll keep trying

    ReplyDelete
  150. turn: easy, just spike the gasoline with about 20% ethanol additive. Will destroy gaskets, and wear out carborateur ports

    realwest: Toronto, Ontario, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  151. Got a funny email this morning.
    We need to start limiting all US politicians to two terms.
    One in office and one in prison.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  152. SOS, it loaded. I think Ethanol burns hotter, no?

    ReplyDelete
  153. {{{real}}} I didn't know. Sorry. Good to see you.

    ReplyDelete