Thursday, September 24, 2009

Playing With the Layout

Did you notice the blog just got wider? Don't freak out.

We're trying out different things for the blog. Some of the videos seemed a little small when played, so the prudent thing seemed to be to widen the blog.

Let's try this out. With the original width, here's how we'd have to post a video before (a favorite I've previously sent to littleoldlady):



...and here's the same video with more room!



Oh, if you're wondering about the video itself, here's the info from the video description:

More than 200 dancers were performing their version of "Do Re Mi", in the Central Station of Antwerp. with just 2 rehearsals they created this amazing stunt! Those 4 fantastic minutes started the 23 of march 2009, 08:00 AM. It is a promotion stunt for a Belgian television program, where they are looking for someone to play the leading role, in the musical of "The Sound of Music".


As for your comments, consider this an open thread!

56 comments:

  1. When I refreshed the whole page changed. I thought my puter was acting up again. Great look to it. Good job PI Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Erik.

    No, your computer didn't make the page explode!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not worrying about my puter making the page explode here, just thought for a second Internut Exploder did the usual again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps I should've waited until April 1st to do this.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does this page make me look fat ?

    Not bad. I can get into this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I... I... I... I'm Agoraphobic......

    I don't like wide, 640x480 is just fine thank you!

    //

    Love the video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sasquatchonsteroids said...
    Does this page make me look fat ?


    Just for asking that...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, Pi Guy!

    Goodafternoon, everyone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pi Guy said...

    sasquatchonsteroids said...
    Does this page make me look fat ?

    Just for asking that...


    What a wonderful site! Spotting tropes is a big hobby at my house. We're so good at it, we can often guess what's coming next. You lose the element of surprise, but you gain the delight of being smarter than the writer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. doppelganglander said...

    What a wonderful site! Spotting tropes is a big hobby at my house. We're so good at it, we can often guess what's coming next. You lose the element of surprise, but you gain the delight of being smarter than the writer.


    It's like Rickrolling, but you're trapped all day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doing well, Jorline, thanks for asking. :-)

    /still shaking head over the 0bama-kids video

    How's by you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just for asking that...
    Heh. Bookmarked that baby.

    SoS, you look mauvelous.

    Strange, but I started looking a helluva lot better once the Internet was invented. Thank you Al Gore !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Netanyahu Slams U.N. for Giving Ahmadinejad Forum: ‘Have You No Shame?



    "The man who called the Holocaust a lie spoke at this podium. To those who refused to come and to those who left in protest, I commend you. You stood up for moral clarity and you brought honor to your countries. But to those who gave this Holocaust denier a hearing, I say on behalf of my people, the Jewish people, and decent people everywhere -- have you no shame? Have you no decency?"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Afternoon, Pink.
    Hope the day has found you well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like it, Pi Guy! Much more better. Blogspot should give you a paycheck this morning. : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm well Pink...thank you.

    Wait until California hears about the "O" pledge...they'll do anything for a few extra fed bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Squatch! It's a beautiful day here, 83 degrees, sunny ...

    Hi C2!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Correspondence Committee said...
    I like it, Pi Guy! Much more better. Blogspot should give you a paycheck this morning. : )


    That works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. *mutter mutter mutter* I just can't wait for this day to be over. Have I ever said how much I hate stupid people?

    /much less ones with sensitive skins?

    ReplyDelete
  20. The high in south Texas was 74 yesterday and we got down to 63 last night.

    When it 60 the fireplace lights up...lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have I ever said how much I hate stupid people?

    I feel your pain. I've been trying very hard to take people as they come, but sometimes it's a bit of a struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Iranians Blanket Brooklyn Bridge in Green

    ...where a demonstration by supporters of Iran’s opposition movement is currently taking place.
    []
    The demonstrators have completed their walk across the Brooklyn Bridge with what organizers say is a mile-long green banner that has been signed by thousands of people around the world — which was earlier wrapped around the Eiffel Tower in Paris — and staged a rally outside City Hall in Manhattan.

    The banner, which reads “Ahmadinejad is not my president,” was stitched together in Paris using scrolls of green cloth sent in from cities around the globe, and it’s covered with the signatures of tens of thousands of Iranian citizens living outside Iran.

    ReplyDelete
  23. sasquatch: the trouble is that I tend to hang with a crowd with more brains then most. I have to dumb myself down in public. Then I run across the true idiots.

    /you should see the dents in some of my work desks over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  24. /you should see the dents in some of my work desks over the years.

    Mine too. But, they are on the underside.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, Pinkie!

    Hey, do you (or does anyone) have information on the Glenn Beck stuff in Seattle this weekend?

    I'm not big on his style, but he's scored some big hits lately and I know these events are going to bring out the Seattle Moonbats (sounds like a sports team, huh?). I'm thinking of trying to get some pictures to publish.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Jorline,

    When it 60 the fireplace lights up...lol

    More 45 up in the Northwet

    ReplyDelete
  27. C2: He has a dedicated website for his visit there.

    http://www.glennbeckseattle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh frabjous joy!

    From Jim Geraghty at NRO
    "Despite a personal phone call from President Obama urging him to do so, former Virginia governor Douglas Wilder said Thursday he will not endorse his fellow Democrat Creigh Deeds in this year's gubernatorial race."

    Back to work, see you guys later.

    ReplyDelete
  29. JCM...we're whimps when it comes to the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Chavez due to speak at the UN gathering shortly. Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi everyone! Nasty weather here in LA county. It's supposed to get up to 109 where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Go Mark Steyn Go! Another good article in Macleans.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Running Bare said...

    Mine too. But, they are on the underside.

    ROFLMAO.

    TMI !

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yay, Pinkie! Thanks.

    JCM, thank you too - I just read on Jammie's site that the mayor of Bellingham is giving his city's key to Jon Stewart to retaliate.

    Oh, brother. These liberals are like children.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Phil,

    “Personal responsibility” is racial code language? Phew, thank goodness America is belatedly joining Canada and Europe in all but abolishing the concept.

    “Code language” is code language for “total bollocks.” “Code word” is a code word for “I’m inventing what you really meant to say because the actual quote doesn’t quite do the job for me.” “Small government”? Racist code words! “Non-confiscatory taxes”? Likewise. “Individual liberty”? Don’t even go there! To an incisive NPR racism analyst, the elderly gentleman telling his congressman “I’m very concerned by what I’ve heard about wait times for MRIs in Canada” is really saying “I’m unable to overcome my deep-seated racial anxieties about the sexual prowess of black males, especially now they’re giving prime-time press conferences every night.” With interpreters like professor Harris-Lacewell on the prowl, I’m confident 95 per cent of Webster’s will eventually be ruled “code language.”

    ReplyDelete
  36. One of these days I will find a clip of B5 where the political officer tells Sheridan that the problems all went away when they rewrote the dictionary. Creepiest moment on t.v. I have ever seen.

    /my ex didn't understand why I cringed, even when I spelt it out.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Pay fees or we’ll dig up your loved ones!

    from Poland

    Administrators of the cemetery are currently putting red stickers with an inscription on burial graves made before 1989 saying, “Grave to be eradicated due to lack of the fees,”

    Ouch !

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh dear, they're going to lose business from the massive population in the San Juan Islands (that's sarcasm) over this Beck thing:

    "(They say) 'we're not going to shop in Mount Vernon. We live in the San Juans and used to come there, but we'll be going elsewhere now,'" said Ragan.

    Like Anacortes...? Or are they going to drive up to Bellingham to shop just because they're mad at the mayor of Mount Vernon?

    Good grief. If you aren't 100% dedicated to their causes, they sure take it personally.

    ReplyDelete
  39. By the way, the Pub will be open at a new time today (and probably from now on) - 5:00PM PST, 8:00PM EST.

    4:00PM is a little early for people to start drinking. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  40. Dinnerjacket's speech at the Useless Nations.

    I have also talked about unjust systems governing the world; pressures exerted by some powers seeking to trample the rights of other nations, oppression imposed on the majority of the global community, especially on the people of Iraq, Palestine, Lebanon, Africa, Latin America, and Asia; about challenges we are faced with, such as efforts to shatter the sanctity of families, destroy cultures, humiliate lofty values, neglect commitments, expand the shadow of threats, as well as about the arms race and the unfairness and inability of the systems governing world affairs in reforming the status quo.

    That would be comedy gold.
    Expect for this.

    Is this what you mean by rights?

    *insert profanity laced tirade in Persian*
    I can still do that.

    ReplyDelete
  41. By the way, the Pub will be open at a new time today (and probably from now on) - 5:00PM PST, 8:00PM EST.

    4:00PM is a little early for people to start drinking. ; )


    Sure discriminate against us East Coasters. Just because the West coast is 3 hours slow.:)))

    ReplyDelete
  42. Correspondence Committee said...

    By the way, the Pub will be open at a new time today (and probably from now on) - 5:00PM PST, 8:00PM EST.

    That screws us out of Happy Hour specials.
    /

    ReplyDelete
  43. Indeed it is, JCM. LOL

    Erik, that is true, but you guys eat all the fruit cup before I roll out of bed. ; )

    New thread upstairs. I'm already "first", so no hurry. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  44. Jorline, I'll tell Brandy to be sure and give you two for one. : )

    ReplyDelete
  45. Pink

    Chavez up.

    With a movie review!

    doofus

    ReplyDelete
  46. Well my relief is early today so I am off to the homestead. Have to fry up some sausage and make plans for the weekend. Going to attempt a pan pizza recipe I think later this weekend. Haven't made pizza in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Correspondence Committee said...

    Jorline, I'll tell Brandy to be sure and give you two for one.

    wOOt!

    I really don't care about the HH pricing. The company is worth every penny and Brandy is a great hostess.

    ReplyDelete