So, Obama, instead of just doing the right thing and granting McChrystal's request for more troops, is wasting time procrastinating by ordering a review of what would happen if we pulled out of Afghanistan, is that right?
Is he [expletive deleted] kidding? Any non-comatose fourth grader knows exactly what will happen.
/the Taliban will be back in Kabul, executing women in soccer stadiums, we'll be back to square one with no control of the region, and every American life lost in Afghanistan over the last eight years will have been in vain and so much blood on Obama's hands
Lots of great new faces today. Anyone who would like to view an extended posting policy can find it here; we think you'll find it pretty simple and refreshing. Please help us achieve our vision of a positive, friendly place to post where the playing field is level and the conversation is free-flowing.
Thanks for cooperating, everyone. We're delighted to see you all.
Bolded not to be obnoxious, but to make sure you all see it. ; )
With last Wednesday's decision to scrap plans for a promised missile defense system in Poland and the Czech Republic, President Obama put the finishing touches on a new and dangerous entity: post-allied America. With his declaration a week later before the UN General Assembly that "alignments of nations rooted in the cleavages of a long gone Cold War" no longer apply, he justified his creation
I skimmed the HR Sexual Harrassment rules. From what I gather, it's only harrassment if you actually rub the naughty bits on someone else in an unwelcomed manner.
I skimmed the HR Sexual Harrassment rules. From what I gather, it's only harrassment if you actually rub the naughty bits on someone else in an unwelcomed manner.
WRONG! I am an HR professional. It is only harassment if it is UNWANTED. Unwanted is your key word.
Let me know if you should have other HR questions. I'm here to help, as always.
Thanks, Squatch. I actually thought of a couple more examples - when he said he wanted to bankrupt the coal industry, basically, and when he told ACORN that they would be helping him to set the agenda for his administration.
UFO, thanks - hey, would you like an avatar? Or are you digging on that "B"?
We can help you color your world if you like - just let us know if you need any assistance with that, or if you just want to be left the hell alone. ; )
Thanks, Squatch. I actually thought of a couple more examples - when he said he wanted to bankrupt the coal industry, basically, and when he told ACORN that they would be helping him to set the agenda for his administration.
The Spread the Wealth line was and is everything about Obama in 3 words.
It's LeftyCode for everything they want. They call it Spread the Wealth. History calls it Spread the Misery.
Sage, I did! I was waiting to see the folks not wearing pants but I was alone. Story of my life! lol. Don't quite have a sense of how stuff works here yet. Hey! Thats the story of my life too. TMI. LOL
A very telling statement from a Washington Post article about fund-raising (which details contributions to the Democrats being way down):
Democrats continue to collect more from big donors than Republicans do, with their trio of national committees almost tripling the amount taken in by the GOP committees in first half of the year, according to the FEC. But Republicans are benefiting from much more energized small-dollar contributors.
And yet somehow it is the Republicans that are in the pocket of "Big Business" and the Tea Parties are all AstroTurf.
It takes a special kind of "logic" to figure that out.
Wendy, from your link (lol ...love Warner too): Barack Obama’s chances of re-election in three and a half years’ time may be evaporating at unprecedented speed, but his presidential ambitions could still be realised in another direction. He would be a shoo-in to win the next Russian presidential election, so high is his popularity now running in the land of the bear and the knout. Obama has done more to restore Russia’s hegemonial potential in Eastern and Central Europe than even Vladimir Putin.
Ok, I am still trying to get the avatar up...how are you guys posting? Google? Live Journal? WordPress? I opened up an OpenID account, but I cannot see my avatar unless I click the nick....
Sage, I did! I was waiting to see the folks not wearing pants but I was alone. Story of my life! lol. Don't quite have a sense of how stuff works here yet. Hey! Thats the story of my life too. TMI. LOL
I think the new site will be much more efficient. This site, so I'm told, is just temporary. But it's a great site nonetheless.
It's just nice to see you, desert dog, and so many more great people here. I am very happy that CC, Pink, RB, et al.....got us all together.
awwwww! LT (my brown, short haired chihuahua) is on my lap right now. SGT (my black, long haird chihuahua is staring at me because he is NOT in my lap.
Gotta share some good news. My eight month pregnant stepdaughter was rushed to the hospital earlier with acute toxemia for an emergency c-section. Just heard the four pound baby girl is apparently healthy. Grand kid number 7. Thanks for your prayer redstate!
Gotta share some good news. My eight month pregnant stepdaughter was rushed to the hospital earlier with acute toxemia for an emergency c-section. Just heard the four pound baby girl is apparently healthy. Grand kid number 7. Thanks for your prayer redstate! CONGRATS! A new life, so exciting!
/unless you're using a Google account, you'll have to wait, because Blogspot sucks
I just set up a google e-mail account with blogspot so I could get my "Shug" name. It wasn't too hard. I don't have a blog. I don't have that much to say !
anyway, setting up the blogspot with google was easy.
Thanks for the congrats. I can't stick around for the pub to open, but does it have a pool table (one day I'm going to learn how to do that embed thing)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLu70Zcejxk&feature=player_embedded
really? I just created a throwaway gmail account. No cell phone needed. I'm not too tech savvy so perhaps I did it wrong.......or maybe I just got lucky.
Glad I found you guys. I am heading to my town's H.S homecoming football game. Get to watch my son on the drumline and admire some of the big Texas sized "mums". Be back later tonight. Thanks for the kind welcome and the conversation.
The market was down this week as we are in a the middle of a pull back due to underwhelming economic performance which does not live up to all the Obama hype and MSM spin.
Despite all the happy talk out there by the willfully ignorant and the intentional spin misters, we still need to see some GDP growth and employment increases before there will be a sustained rise inthe market.
The market is still down about 25% from a year ago so the recent jump is just some of the side lined money getting back in the game.
Do not be sucked in by the spin, I think we have another 2% to 3% pull back coming next week.
Afghans may be pressed into compulsory military service against the Taliban in order to meet United States commanders' targets to nearly treble the size of their army.
Afghanistan's ministry of defence said it was now drawing up plans for compulsory military service under a constitutional clause stating all Afghans have a duty to defend their country. Zaher Azimi, spokesman for the ministry, told Afghan television: "We consider preparing a plan to revive the obligatory military service one way or another.
Hey y'all - and especially all of you newcomers to C2! I can't stay very long NOW, cause I gotta eat and all, but will be back around 11PM, the good Lord willing and the river don't rise!
Hi 3 wood! Did the latest employment figures come out yet (I haven't seen the news - been too busy answering e-mails and such!)? Cause IMHO, unless and until there is a signfican drop in unemployment, not to mention UNDERemployment, then the economy is still in the tank! Oh and for all the new folks, this is REALWEST; for some reason TypePad insists on giving me a number!
"Sept. 25 (Bloomberg) -- Tribune Co., the bankrupt newspaper publisher, is seeking court permission to pay as much as $66 million in bonuses to its managers based on operating cash flow predicted to be the lowest in at least 10 years.
The money would be paid to the 720 top editors, television station managers and executives should the company end the year with $424 million in operating cash flow, company attorney Jonathan D. Lotsoff said during a hearing today in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware. About half of the bonuses, $32 million, would go to the top 21 corporate officers.
“In such a challenging environment, it is absolutely critical,” to pay the bonuses, Lotsoff told U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Kevin Carey.
Chicago-based Tribune filed for bankruptcy court protection in December, about a year after real-estate billionaire Sam Zell’s $8.3 billion purchased the publishing and television company. Tribune owns the Los Angeles Times and the namesake Chicago newspaper among other properties.
Carey said he would issue a decision on the bonus request later.
The proposed bonuses are opposed by company unions representing some of Tribune’s reporters and other employees. Union officials say the maximum bonus amount is almost $70 million when smaller, discretionary bonuses are added.
Union lawyer Chris Simon said the cash payments were the highest ever paid to Tribune managers at a time the company had the lowest cash flow in at least 10 years.
“It just doesn’t seem justified,” Simon said."
Anybody hearing the left screaming about this? Me neither.
Bankrupt MSM shills for the left want bonuses and you get crickets.
"Hi 3 wood! Did the latest employment figures come out yet (I haven't seen the news - been too busy answering e-mails and such!)? Cause IMHO, unless and until there is a signfican drop in unemployment, not to mention UNDERemployment, then the economy is still in the tank! Oh and for all the new folks, this is REALWEST; for some reason TypePad insists on giving me a number!"
Hey real, yes the unemployment is down slightly from the previous month, so the job destruction is keeping on, just at a slower rate.
The other thing to watch is folks falling off of unemployment benefits. That is going to hurt, which means that you can plan on more foreclosures and defaulted consumer credit.
Snowcrash is here!
ReplyDelete:')
So, Obama, instead of just doing the right thing and granting McChrystal's request for more troops, is wasting time procrastinating by ordering a review of what would happen if we pulled out of Afghanistan, is that right?
ReplyDeleteIs he [expletive deleted] kidding? Any non-comatose fourth grader knows exactly what will happen.
/the Taliban will be back in Kabul, executing women in soccer stadiums, we'll be back to square one with no control of the region, and every American life lost in Afghanistan over the last eight years will have been in vain and so much blood on Obama's hands
Primero!
ReplyDeleteoops. maybe not.
ReplyDeleteHi Snowcrash.
So, I feel truly evil now. Sorry Atilla.
ReplyDelete/well, maybe not totally....
//captcha: rednes
eatitorwearit said..
ReplyDeletemeanwhile, troops are at risk and being hurt and killed. This kind of crap makes my blood boil.
Okay, I gave everyone a heads up downstairs. Still a little bit of confusion with the 200+ threads going on here.
ReplyDeleteAm I the only one not wearing pants?
ReplyDelete;)
Lots of great new faces today. Anyone who would like to view an extended posting policy can find it here; we think you'll find it pretty simple and refreshing. Please help us achieve our vision of a positive, friendly place to post where the playing field is level and the conversation is free-flowing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for cooperating, everyone. We're delighted to see you all.
Bolded not to be obnoxious, but to make sure you all see it. ; )
Welcome to Obama's America
ReplyDeleteAlone
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/016/994vuuxz.asp
With last Wednesday's decision to scrap plans for a promised missile defense system in Poland and the Czech Republic, President Obama put the finishing touches on a new and dangerous entity: post-allied America. With his declaration a week later before the UN General Assembly that "alignments of nations rooted in the cleavages of a long gone Cold War" no longer apply, he justified his creation
Am I the only one not wearing pants?
ReplyDeleteYou're at work! LOL
Great. CC ruins the party.
ReplyDelete*puts pants back on*
Runningbare, are you a chippendale dancer?
ReplyDeleteYou're the boss, Bare. You can post without pants if you wanna, I guess. LOL
ReplyDeleteYou're at work! LOL
ReplyDeleteI skimmed the HR Sexual Harrassment rules. From what I gather, it's only harrassment if you actually rub the naughty bits on someone else in an unwelcomed manner.
I will make the fight against al Qaeda and the Taliban the top priority that it should be, this is a war we have to win
ReplyDeleteOr maybe not, I'm confused,I haven't finished my waffle yet.
/has he ever told the truth about anything?
eatitorwearit said...
ReplyDeleteMcChrystal needs those troops just to keep LEVEL numbers as other countries decide to cut out.
In the meantime, our troops are in more danger every day he waffles on it.
Runningbare, are you a chippendale dancer?
ReplyDeleteUsed to be. But I had to quit when I started getting a Deer Gut.
Or maybe not, I'm confused,I haven't finished my waffle yet.
ReplyDelete/has he ever told the truth about anything?
Yes. He told the truth to a plumber in Ohio.
Yes. He told the truth to a plumber in Ohio.
ReplyDeletePost of the Day right there.
Deer Gut?
ReplyDeleteRunning Bare said...
ReplyDeleteYou're at work! LOL
I skimmed the HR Sexual Harrassment rules. From what I gather, it's only harrassment if you actually rub the naughty bits on someone else in an unwelcomed manner.
WRONG! I am an HR professional. It is only harassment if it is UNWANTED. Unwanted is your key word.
Let me know if you should have other HR questions. I'm here to help, as always.
/has he ever told the truth about anything?
ReplyDeleteYes. He told the truth to a plumber in Ohio.
Damn, I'm going to have to save that one!
Deer Gut?
ReplyDeleteI think that's about the cheapest liquor you can find.
Under a Buck.
Thanks, Squatch. I actually thought of a couple more examples - when he said he wanted to bankrupt the coal industry, basically, and when he told ACORN that they would be helping him to set the agenda for his administration.
ReplyDeleteDeer Gut?
ReplyDeleteNone of the other bears could stop staring at Running Bare's enormous Deer Gut.
Squatch: likker? ;-)
ReplyDeleteThis is my first day over here and I just want to say it good to see so many familiar folks!
ReplyDeleteUFO, thanks - hey, would you like an avatar? Or are you digging on that "B"?
ReplyDeleteWe can help you color your world if you like - just let us know if you need any assistance with that, or if you just want to be left the hell alone. ; )
Greetings all new faces. Great to see you all over here.
ReplyDelete5 minutes till the pub opens:)))
I think snowcrash got lost.
ReplyDelete:(
WRONG! I am an HR professional. It is only harassment if it is UNWANTED. Unwanted is your key word.
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you should have other HR questions. I'm here to help, as always.
Oh, lucky for me, they all want it.
/SexistMode
It's good to see you too, DD!
ReplyDeleteGood to see you, Desert Dog! Wait'll you meet the Bar Wench. Oooh lala!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Squatch. I actually thought of a couple more examples - when he said he wanted to bankrupt the coal industry, basically, and when he told ACORN that they would be helping him to set the agenda for his administration.
ReplyDeleteThe Spread the Wealth line was and is everything about Obama in 3 words.
It's LeftyCode for everything they want.
They call it Spread the Wealth.
History calls it Spread the Misery.
I think that's about the cheapest liquor you can find.
ReplyDeleteUnder a Buck.
ROTFLMAO
CC
ReplyDeleteUh, actually, I was so embarrassed when you told how simple it was to change my nic, I was afraid to ask.
That's right, I'm what used to be Killian Bundy.
ReplyDelete/next time, just click the link and save yourself the Google search
Good seeing you too Pink...and Erik - Yo, Bro! Sage too!
ReplyDeleteSquatch: likker? ;-)
ReplyDeleteYeee !
The girls have left. They all have tons of lip gloss on and made sure they had it in their little purses.
ReplyDelete"eat it or wear it"
ReplyDeleteSounds like My Son at Dinner
Sage, I did! I was waiting to see the folks not wearing pants but I was alone. Story of my life! lol. Don't quite have a sense of how stuff works here yet. Hey! Thats the story of my life too. TMI. LOL
ReplyDeleteA very telling statement from a Washington Post article about fund-raising (which details contributions to the Democrats being way down):
ReplyDeleteDemocrats continue to collect more from big donors than Republicans do, with their trio of national committees almost tripling the amount taken in by the GOP committees in first half of the year, according to the FEC. But Republicans are benefiting from much more energized small-dollar contributors.
And yet somehow it is the Republicans that are in the pocket of "Big Business" and the Tea Parties are all AstroTurf.
It takes a special kind of "logic" to figure that out.
Erik The Red said...
ReplyDeleteGreetings all new faces. Great to see you all over here.
5 minutes till the pub opens:)))
You've decanted my wine, right?
None of the other bears could stop staring at Running Bare's enormous Deer Gut.
ReplyDeleteI can't get that vision out of my head
RB,Snowman,Fire Hydrant,Car.
ROFL.
Barack Obama: President Pantywaist restores the satellite states to their former owner
ReplyDeleteGerald Warner cracks me up.
The pub will be opening in 30 minutes, Erik and everyone.
ReplyDeleteEvening, ETR.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're not actually waiting.
*Drink*
The pub will be opening in 30 minutes, Erik and everyone.
ReplyDeleteWTF, over! (f = fudgesicles). It has been the week from heck and I need a flippin' glass of wine! ;)
Wendy, from your link (lol ...love Warner too):
ReplyDeleteBarack Obama’s chances of re-election in three and a half years’ time may be evaporating at unprecedented speed, but his presidential ambitions could still be realised in another direction. He would be a shoo-in to win the next Russian presidential election, so high is his popularity now running in the land of the bear and the knout. Obama has done more to restore Russia’s hegemonial potential in Eastern and Central Europe than even Vladimir Putin.
Ok, I am still trying to get the avatar up...how are you guys posting? Google? Live Journal? WordPress? I opened up an OpenID account, but I cannot see my avatar unless I click the nick....
ReplyDeleteWTF, over! (f = fudgesicles). It has been the week from heck and I need a flippin' glass of wine! ;)
ReplyDeleteThe *wine is decanting*. Patience, Miss Wife, patience!
:-)
30 minutes till the pub opens? Great, gives me enough time to run for some mix. :)
ReplyDelete/captcha: inisme
Trying to get my dog here too. Let's see.
ReplyDeleteSounds like My Son at Dinner
ReplyDeleteHeh.
snowcrash said...
ReplyDeleteSage, I did! I was waiting to see the folks not wearing pants but I was alone. Story of my life! lol. Don't quite have a sense of how stuff works here yet. Hey! Thats the story of my life too. TMI. LOL
I think the new site will be much more efficient. This site, so I'm told, is just temporary. But it's a great site nonetheless.
It's just nice to see you, desert dog, and so many more great people here. I am very happy that CC, Pink, RB, et al.....got us all together.
Le's roll!
We got 'im, snowcrash. :-)
ReplyDeletesnowcrash said...
ReplyDeleteTrying to get my dog here too. Let's see.
awwwww! LT (my brown, short haired chihuahua) is on my lap right now. SGT (my black, long haird chihuahua is staring at me because he is NOT in my lap.
Great to see you here, eatitorwearit.
ReplyDeleteGotta share some good news. My eight month pregnant stepdaughter was rushed to the hospital earlier with acute toxemia for an emergency c-section. Just heard the four pound baby girl is apparently healthy. Grand kid number 7.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your prayer redstate!
Ufo Tofu said...
ReplyDeleteGotta share some good news. My eight month pregnant stepdaughter was rushed to the hospital earlier with acute toxemia for an emergency c-section. Just heard the four pound baby girl is apparently healthy. Grand kid number 7.
Thanks for your prayer redstate!
CONGRATS! A new life, so exciting!
desert-dog said...
ReplyDeleteOk, I am still trying to get the avatar up...
/unless you're using a Google account, you'll have to wait, because Blogspot sucks
Aw ...I'm glad that worked out ok, UFO. Congratulations and all my best to mom and sweet baby girl. :-)
ReplyDeleteUfo Tofu
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the mother and all concerned ;-)
sasquatchonsteroids said...
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you here, eatitorwearit.
/had my bridges stealth burned for me this morning
Just heard the four pound baby girl is apparently healthy. Grand kid number 7.
ReplyDeleteCongrats !
eatitorwearit said...
ReplyDeletedesert-dog said...
Ok, I am still trying to get the avatar up...
/unless you're using a Google account, you'll have to wait, because Blogspot sucks
I just set up a google e-mail account with blogspot so I could get my "Shug" name. It wasn't too hard. I don't have a blog.
I don't have that much to say !
anyway, setting up the blogspot with google was easy.
eatitorwearit said...
ReplyDeleteThat's right, I'm what used to be Killian Bundy.
That's right, I am what used to be callahan23
;-)
Ufo Tofu said...
ReplyDeleteGotta share some good news.....
Congratulations!
all the best for the tiny tot. hope Mom is doing well also. Magnesium sulfate makes people feel craaaapy
Thanks for the congrats.
ReplyDeleteI can't stick around for the pub to open, but does it have a pool table (one day I'm going to learn how to do that embed thing)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLu70Zcejxk&feature=player_embedded
Good to see you eatitorwearit.
ReplyDeleteHow's tricks?
Trying to get my dog here too. Let's see.
ReplyDeleteYou have a Boston? They're great dogs. I've got a 14 year old female named Jezebel.
Shug said...
ReplyDeleteanyway, setting up the blogspot with google was easy.
You need a cell phone to get the code.
/for me, if the phone ain't connected to the wall, it ain't secure
Oh, congrats on the new grandkid UFO tofu. Always good news to hear something like that.
ReplyDeleteEatitorwearit, howdy. Going to get your cute cats picture here?
ReplyDeleteGongrats ufo tofu. Number 7 is great. Christmas and Thanksgiving will be great this year. :)))
ReplyDeleteeatitorwearit said...
ReplyDelete"You need a cell phone to get the code."
really?
I just created a throwaway gmail account. No cell phone needed.
I'm not too tech savvy so perhaps I did it wrong.......or maybe I just got lucky.
Thanks everyone, this is a really nice place you have.
ReplyDeleteHope your weekend is excellent!
Later.
See you soon, UFO :-)
ReplyDeleteGeepers said...
ReplyDeleteGood to see you eatitorwearit.
How's tricks?
/well, I no longer see roaming packs of rabid, paranoid hyenas
ArmyWife,
ReplyDeleteSeven Grandkids? How excellent! You get all of the fun and they eventually go home with mom and dad.
snowcrash said...
ReplyDeleteEatitorwearit, howdy. Going to get your cute cats picture here?
/hopefully, eventually
Glad I found you guys. I am heading to my town's H.S homecoming football game. Get to watch my son on the drumline and admire some of the big Texas sized "mums". Be back later tonight. Thanks for the kind welcome and the conversation.
ReplyDeleteGood evening.
ReplyDeleteThe market was down this week as we are in a the middle of a pull back due to underwhelming economic performance which does not live up to all the Obama hype and MSM spin.
Despite all the happy talk out there by the willfully ignorant and the intentional spin misters, we still need to see some GDP growth and employment increases before there will be a sustained rise inthe market.
The market is still down about 25% from a year ago so the recent jump is just some of the side lined money getting back in the game.
Do not be sucked in by the spin, I think we have another 2% to 3% pull back coming next week.
KILLIAN BUNDY. I'm a fan!
ReplyDeleteHey UFO, don't be embarrassed - Bare had to show me half this stuff. Next time I run into you, we'll work that out.
Pub opening pretty soon, guys!
Have fun, Snowcrash. Glad you're here! :-)
ReplyDeleteGotta head out, but I will be back on later!
ReplyDeleteShug said...
ReplyDeleteI just created a throwaway gmail account. No cell phone needed.
/that's what I tried to do, but it said I had to have a wireless device to receive a code by text message
Afghanistan may introduce compulsory military service
ReplyDeleteAfghans may be pressed into compulsory military service against the Taliban in order to meet United States commanders' targets to nearly treble the size of their army.
Afghanistan's ministry of defence said it was now drawing up plans for compulsory military service under a constitutional clause stating all Afghans have a duty to defend their country.
Zaher Azimi, spokesman for the ministry, told Afghan television: "We consider preparing a plan to revive the obligatory military service one way or another.
%$&!@$# Obama !
This is not good.
3 wood...
ReplyDeleteso what is your advice given your prediction for a 2-3% pullback?
how about I invest all my $ in hope and change?
Killian Bundy is here?
ReplyDeleteDesertSage said...
ReplyDeleteKillian Bundy is here?
Yeah it is our know and trusted eatitorwearit ;-)
Pub is open!!!
ReplyDeleteDesertSage said...
ReplyDeleteKillian Bundy is here?
/so what?
Hello everyone! So this is where all of my favorites ended up. Now I know where to go to read you all again.
ReplyDeleteHey y'all - and especially all of you newcomers to C2! I can't stay very long NOW, cause I gotta eat and all, but will be back around 11PM, the good Lord willing and the river don't rise!
ReplyDeleteHow is everyone doing today?!
"3 wood...
ReplyDeleteso what is your advice given your prediction for a 2-3% pullback?
how about I invest all my $ in hope and change?"
Hold on as best you can, and get ready for the inevitable inflation once the economy heals itself and moves forward.
Hi 3 wood! Did the latest employment figures come out yet (I haven't seen the news - been too busy answering e-mails and such!)?
ReplyDeleteCause IMHO, unless and until there is a signfican drop in unemployment, not to mention UNDERemployment, then the economy is still in the tank!
Oh and for all the new folks, this is REALWEST; for some reason TypePad insists on giving me a number!
Oh for Pete's sake, there's a new thread up!!
ReplyDeleteWell, well, well, guess who is looking for bonuses now?
ReplyDeleteThe Chicago Tribune.
Bankrupt Tribune Seeks $66 Million in Manager Bonuses
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aM4MD1k.3Ntw
"Sept. 25 (Bloomberg) -- Tribune Co., the bankrupt newspaper publisher, is seeking court permission to pay as much as $66 million in bonuses to its managers based on operating cash flow predicted to be the lowest in at least 10 years.
The money would be paid to the 720 top editors, television station managers and executives should the company end the year with $424 million in operating cash flow, company attorney Jonathan D. Lotsoff said during a hearing today in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware. About half of the bonuses, $32 million, would go to the top 21 corporate officers.
“In such a challenging environment, it is absolutely critical,” to pay the bonuses, Lotsoff told U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Kevin Carey.
Chicago-based Tribune filed for bankruptcy court protection in December, about a year after real-estate billionaire Sam Zell’s $8.3 billion purchased the publishing and television company. Tribune owns the Los Angeles Times and the namesake Chicago newspaper among other properties.
Carey said he would issue a decision on the bonus request later.
The proposed bonuses are opposed by company unions representing some of Tribune’s reporters and other employees. Union officials say the maximum bonus amount is almost $70 million when smaller, discretionary bonuses are added.
Union lawyer Chris Simon said the cash payments were the highest ever paid to Tribune managers at a time the company had the lowest cash flow in at least 10 years.
“It just doesn’t seem justified,” Simon said."
Anybody hearing the left screaming about this? Me neither.
Bankrupt MSM shills for the left want bonuses and you get crickets.
"Hi 3 wood! Did the latest employment figures come out yet (I haven't seen the news - been too busy answering e-mails and such!)?
ReplyDeleteCause IMHO, unless and until there is a signfican drop in unemployment, not to mention UNDERemployment, then the economy is still in the tank!
Oh and for all the new folks, this is REALWEST; for some reason TypePad insists on giving me a number!"
Hey real, yes the unemployment is down slightly from the previous month, so the job destruction is keeping on, just at a slower rate.
The other thing to watch is folks falling off of unemployment benefits. That is going to hurt, which means that you can plan on more foreclosures and defaulted consumer credit.
going to the new thread
ReplyDelete